Chapter One and Two

Kkoongie's Playmate

 

Chapter One.- The start

 

Jinki's POV

 

"Kkoongie… Kkoongie…. Kkoongie where are you?" Jinki was searching for Taemin's princess Kkoongie who was currently missing. "Where is she? How did this happen?" 

 

Taemin was enlisted yesterday. The day before that all the members had met for dinner. While having dinner Kibummie was gushing over Kkoongie ultimately ending up with bummie asking who was going to take care of Kkoongie.

 

Taeminie became sad when he thought of leaving Kkoongie alone and before he could stop himself Jinki offered to take care of Kkoongie for Taeminie. Shocking Minho who was grilling meat for them and Kibummie who was gaping like fish. Jinki had shocked himself too but then Jinki thought Taeminie would reject and not entrust responsibility of taking care of his precious Princess to him but he was proved wrong when Taeminie smiled started hugging him and thanking him. And that was how Kkoongie ended up with him. When Jinki saw Kkoongie at first he thought she is beautiful and cute after all she is Lee Taeminie's Baby. Taeminie had came to drop off Kkoong and her favourite things, food and gave him a list to follow. Taeminie thanked him again and hugged him for a longest time and then left after saying farewell to Kkoongie and flooding her with Kisses. 

 

Jinki was sitting far from Kkoong " you are going to be okay with me right? I can't take care of you like Taeminie but I'll try my best to take care of you" Kkoong was staring intently at him. Why is she staring at me? "Do you want food?" Kkoongie kept staring at him which was making Jinki awkward "Please tell me if you want food or anything okay. I'll be sitting right there"

 

Jinki was reading book sitting on sofa from where he could see Kkoong. 'Oh this book is so interesting' and Jinki got lost in his book. After sometime his eyes went to kkoong's toy and he remembered about her and started looking for her. 

 

Oh where is she? What if something happens to her? How will I face Taeminie after that? If you want to find a cat be a cat, think like a cat.  Jinki got on his knees and started crawling no walking like a cat. So I'm doing catwalk now hehehe. One step two steps one step 내가 그린 사랑은 two step so amazing. Why am I singing so amazing? I'm supposed to look for Kkoongie.

 

Just then manager entered the dorm who got shocked after seeing Jinki. Manager started thinking 'oh what is he doing. Is he okay? I should not disturb his alone time. I should better ignore and go inside my room.' and manager stealthily ran away

 

"Kkoongie baby Kkoongie baby where are you?" No no speak like a cat Meow Meow...Meow Meow Meow" Jinki searched all the rooms in their dorm while crawling but he couldn't find Kkoongie. Oh I'm getting tired Kkoong where are you? Jinki was thinking what to do while sleeping on the floor his eyes went to his book. It is all because of you. No it is cause of me why did I take my eyes off of her. He thought something moved under the sofa. So he went closer to get a look at it. And he saw Kkoong playing under it. Oh thank God I finally found her. she is so cute wait let me take her video. After playing for sometime Kkoong came out and sat where she was sitting before. 

 

Let me send this video to Umma. Yes done and Jinki started smiling. Oh umma is calling me. "Hello umma. How are you?" " Baby when did you get it? Do you know how to take care of it? Is it a boy or girl? Why didn't you tell me? Do you Know what it eats? You should have studied properly before adopting her it is a big responsibility. It is nice to get a grand daughter." "Umma calm down she is not mine. She is Taeminie's. I'm just taking care of her" "____" "Umma are you there?" "Why are you not adopting a cat or a dog? I want one" "no umma no matter what you say I won't adopt one. Anyway isn't she cute but Umma I don't know how to take care of her what should I do" "Search on YouTube you will find something there." "Bye bye Goodnight Umma" "Good night Baby see you soon" 

 

Okay Umma is always right so I should look it up on YouTube. Jinki started typing So How to take care of cats search Go. Oh so many videos I'll go with this one let me get paper and pen oh comb, Cologne, Shampoo and conditioner, toys, catnip, wipes, oh bed or house - everything noted. Taeminie bought some things I'll go and set everything in order. After going through things oh Taeminie sent almost everything. Let's tape this list where I can see it. okay done. Oh it is time to give you food. I think I should watch more videos and so first day was spent with Jinki watching more videos till midnight.

 

Next morning Jinki I don't think I remember anything I saw. I think I should just let her be and do whatever she wants to while being there whenever she wants to. So Jinki let her do whatever she wants to.

 

When Jinki woke up he found Kkoongie sleeping and snuggling to him. He got shocked and fell down from the bed. Kkoong woke up too. "Sorry sorry did I wake you up. Sleep you can sleep a lot. I want to sleep a lot too. I wish I was a cat or bunny so I could sleep a lot too. Why do I have to go to work?"

 

Kkoongie's POV

 

This man seems weird but nice just like Papa. I think I found another man who will treat me like princess. 

 

Jinki's POV

 

Kkoongie is nice and friendly cat. Some of the cats I saw in videos were scary or shy. Just then Kkong came started sticking to his legs. "What do you want?" Jinki started going in circles to stop her from sticking to his legs. He was scared to touch her but he bent down to take her away from his legs and just then Kkoong tried to give him kiss like Taemin used to ask for. Jinki understood what she wanted and started running away more.  

 

Kkoongie's POV

 

This ajhussi doesn't want kisses like Papa. I should leave him alone. 

 

Jinki's POV

 

Okay she stopped finally. Are cats more scary or are dogs more scary? Anyway "bye bye Kkoongie. Ajhussi has to go to work so I'll leave food and water for you. Eat it Okay."

 

Weekdays passed with Jinki going to work at morning and coming at night. Every night when he was welcomed by Kkoong he finally understood why Taemin loved her like he did.

 

And just like that it was Saturday.

 

Finally it is the weekend. Yes yes and also my off day. I should complete reading that book it was very interesting. Just then he saw Kkoong "Hello there Ms. Kkoong. Are you having nice time here? Let me know if you want anything. I'll be reading the book now so let's have fun today."

 

Just then he received text from Taemin. "So how is my princess Kkoongie" "You are being mean ask about me first" "Sorry hyung how are you and how is Kkoongie" "We are doing fine. Just take care of yourself. Eat properly, sleep properly and come back safely. Don't worry about anything else okay for now" "I don't know hyung if I will be able to visit and it is making me sad" "Don't worry Taeminie whenever you miss her send me message or call me when you are allowed to use phone okay" "Yes hyung, bye bye. See you soon. Love you and please pass my kisses to kkoong" "where are mine?" "Ooooo I'll deliver them soon personally Okay. Should I come now?" "Bye bye Taeminie. Love you." Why do I ask such things to him to but end up getting teased instead especially when I know he likes to tease.

 

He saw Kkoong and started thinking how to pass kisses without actually kissing. "So Kkoong Taeminie sent kisses to you okay" there it is done I passed his kisses to her now let's start reading the book finally.

 

After sometime while reading the book Jinki saw Kkoong from corner of his eyes. She looks so cute and pretty while playing with her toy  I should try to imitate her. Jinki sat like her and started imitating how she was playing with her toy.

 

"Onew hyung" "Yeonggam" "Onew hyung, what are you doing? "Yeonggam, Are you alright? Do you have fever something?" Jinki stood up "You already know what I'm doing. So why are you guys here. Weren't you guys busy?" "We had some off time so we came to check up on y.." before Kibum could complete Minho elbowed him. "I mean to check up on our Kkoongie" and whispered to Minho "I'll get you for this" 

 

"So Onew hyung we bought lots of things for Kkoongie and chicken for you" "Minho man knows me the best" "But it was me who reminded him to buy" "But it was me who suggested this surprise inspection" Now Key elbowed Minho "surprise inspection?" "No no hyung he meant surprise visit so where is Kkoong I want to play with her." And just like that Minho and Key played with Kkoong had lunch and went back to their homes. 

 

Key and Minho POV

 

"He is hanging on well." "I thought he would be lost." "I was more scared thinking about Lee Taemin" "I'm still in shock" "let's keep checking up on hyung sometimes."


 

Chapter Two.- New bond and Goodbye

 

And just like that one year passed. Taemin called whenever he missed them and Jinki got a bit closer to kkoong. He started holding Kkoong like baby in his hands and on his lap. Once in a while manager hyung stumbled upon one cat and one human cat. Jinki started taking Kkoong for walk with him everyday. Minho and Key dropped to check up on them. Both of them tried to steal Kkoong twice each and got punished. Bummie had to cook chicken for a month for Jinki and Minho had to take both Jinki and Kkoong for late night drives for a month cause Jinki wanted to see moon and stars. After the said one month both never attempted to steal Kkoong. In kibummie's words he was sick of cooking and eating fried chicken for a month.

 

One day Jinki got a video call from Taemin. "Jinki hyung where is Kkoong my daughter." Jinki started faking tears and muttering 'when kids get older they forget their parents' Taemin started smirking "Hyung stop it. Are you accepting you are my dad?" Jinki was shocked and speechless while Taemin was smirking. "We already chat a lot, I love you too but I love Kkoongie my princess too and this call is for her. I missed her so much." Seeing that his Taeminie was close to tears Jinki ran around to find Kkoong. He finally found her on his bed it seemed to be her favourite spot. "Here Taeminie she is here." "Hello my princess how are you?" "Meow" "Is uncle Jinki taking care of you properly?" "Meow meow meow" "Do you miss me?" "Meow" "Do you miss my kisses?" "Meow" "Don't worry I will come back soon" "meow" "Don't worry Taeminie I'm taking care of her well. She might not want to leave me though so you should shift here with me okay" Taemin started laughing "you are wrong Jinki hyung. I think you will have to move in with me." "Let's see who will win Lees always wins" Taemin started laughing even more loudly "Hyung I'm Lee too" "oh yes" looking at Jinki's crestfallen expression Taemin couldn't stop laughing and said bye to both Jinki and Kkoong while laughing.

 

"So who do you think is going to win Dad or Uncle? Say Uncle say uncle if you say uncle I'll give you snack" "meow" ''I'll take it as a yes and get snack for you."

 

Days passed and Jinki started getting closer to kkoong. He started playing with her more, holding her close lovingly and most importantly to see her waiting for him after coming back from work. Her favourite place was still his bed.

 

With six months of Taemin's enlistment remaining Key and Minho decided it was time to check up on them again. "Hello Jinki hyung how are you?" "Why are you closing the door?" "You are here to steal her again" "Minho let's go he doesn't want chicken" "I love you. Welcome. Come inside please." "Hyung you have such a cute dual personality" "I'm not cute" Jinki said while pouting and looking like a cute bunny "okay if you say so." Meanwhile Minho started asking Where Kkoong was. " She is on my bed" "I'll go play with her" "wait for me I want to play with her too" "Are you guys here to play with her?" Both Minho and Key replied "Yes" After playing with her they had dinner and Minho and Key went back home. 

 

"He seems to like her a lot now and is more comfortable with her" "He is going to move in with Taeminie" "huh no Taemin is going to move in with him" "You know Kim's never lose" "Choi doesn't lose too" "I'm going to prepare a list." " Of what" "my gifts" "Game is on and I'm going to win. Chois never lose. I'm going to prepare my own list too."

 

And just like that six months passed and it was time to welcome Taemin back. They decided to go and pick their baby up. 

 

"Should we take Kkoongie?" "No bammie. We are going to come here and eat dinner. Minho and I invited everyone." "I know I'm the one who decided on food" "Are you plotting to keep him away from Kkoong" "I'm not that mean" "so you mean you are mean" "you are mean too" "No Choi Minho I'm not mean I'm adorable" "No you are adorably mean" Jinki didn't say  anything to stop them just enjoying their cute little banter "Choi Minho I'm your Hyung" "No you are not Kim Kibum we are same age" "Even then I'm older" "only by three months" "Both of you please stop. Our Taeminie is coming back finally" "we should do vlive" "Don't worry hyung I will plan everything" "He is planning to do insta live like last time. I will beat you this time Kim Kibum." 

 

"We reached" while walking "Taeminie is going to hug me first" "in your dreams he'll hug me first" Taemin came running when he saw them and gave group hug. Though they tried to meet whenever possible they still missed each other a lot. 

 

Taeminie started telling them his enlistment stories and he couldn't stop talking. Minho saying now he is the one who is talking about army and said he is happy Taeminie made so many memories and made new friends.

 

Jinki was having dual emotions he felt happy Taeminie was finally back safe and healthy but at the same time he was sad that his roommate and his grand daughter was going back home.

 

GRANDDAUGHTER Why did I think of granddaughter she is at most my niece or daughter. 

 

When they reached home Kkoong went running to Taeminie after she saw him and gave him his due kisses. They had given a little welcome back Lee Taemin party. After having dinner together with everyone and when everyone went back home. They sat together. 

 

Taemin could see how Jinki was struggling with emotions. "Hyung I can stay here with you and I'm not taking her today I'm staying with my family for a month" "No Taeminie it's okay I'll come visit you now and then when both of you go home wait" Jinki went running inside "He likes Kkoong a lot" "I know Minho hyung" "I never thought he would get so close to her. You should have seen him when we tried to steal Kkoong, he roared like a tiger and punished us" ''Jinki hyung is the best" "Why you Lee Taemin. Is he the best cause he punished us?" "Yes of course and he protected my daughter" "Yah Lee Taemin stop being mean to us" "I'm adorably mean. I missed you guys and I missed teasing you guys" "Come on Taemin let me show you something" "Is that hyung imitating kkongie? They are so cute. Please send this to me." "I have a full folder dedicated to it" "Please send everything to me hyung I'll give you something you will love a lot as a gift." Taemin couldn't stop smiling while watching the videos.

 

Just then Jinki came with Baskets of things one by one. Minho, Taemin and Key were shocked. "Hyung what is all this?" "Oh in this basket there is food for Kkoong, in this one clothes, in this one bathing and protecting her skin and fur things and in this last one toys. Umma helped me pick these. These are all gifts from her uncle."

 

Taemin went running and hugged him "Thank you hyung, Minho hyung and Key hyung would be happy to help me take all this stuff to my home" Meanwhile Minho and Key kept thinking when did we agree to this? "And what is my gift?" "You already have Kkoong. But I'll get you whatever you want" "What about me?" "And me?" "Lee Jinki why are you running away while dragging Taeminie with you?"

 

"Come back here you have to give us gifts we lost bet cause of you. You are getting us all items from our list" "LIST? not only one gift?" Both Key and Minho said "Yes" After hearing this Lee Jinki ran away with all his might.

 

                     The end for now