Chapter 2 : A New Team Formed

Our Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A young male with dark red hair stood in the middle of a room. His hands handling a pistol with eyes staring focus at a target doll, meters in front of him. He pulled the trigger; once, twice, thrice. The pistol itself released a shockwave of electro bullets to the target and hit its vital points. His lips curved into a smirk in satisfaction.

“JR.”

The male put down his gun to the table in front of him, turning his body to the person who called him. “Dongwan hyung, I told you no need to call me that. Call me Jonghyun,” he said putting both hands on his side.

Dongwan chuckled as he walked closer to stand beside Jonghyun. “You said you need to find someone to replace me in the team right? I met someone who has potential,” said Dongwan grabbing another physical bullet-less pistol. He pointed the gun at a target and shot at them with air bullets with his ability.

Jonghyun stared at the senior’s target. He respected the older so much but also close with him as his older brother. Sometimes he was jealous of the older’s ability since he is really powerful effortlessly, proven by the holes Dongwan left with his air bullets.

“Is that so, hyung?”

“Yeah, a hydrokinetic. But he is still raw, just a little work on him, both you and him can make a perfect team. You know, spazzing electric goes easy and brrr. I gave him the card but I don’t know if he wants to work here.”

Jonghyun crossed his arms, his forehead furrowed. He was not sure to tell his senior the truth or not. A truth that he was called by their big boss to tell him that he is capable to make his team, not under team alpha. After a long train of thought, it will not hurt him if he tells Dongwan, right?

“Actually hyung, they told me to make my own team right after you were proposed to transfer to the Shinhwa team.”

Dongwan turned to him right away. “That’s better. Aren’t they proposing someone to make their team based on their ability? You are the top agent here so it’s good for you,” said Dongwan in excitement. He also added that he had not yet decided his answer to join the team.

Jonghyun chuckled a bit, “but your future new team, Shinhwa, is still the top amongst all team. Even Eric sunbae-nim is the one who asked you. I’m both proud and jealous of you, hyung.”

Dongwan shook his head, “I still have a lot of consideration about it. Anyway, how about you? If you agree to make a new team, what name would it be?”

Jonghyun smiled while playing with his gun. He has a name on his mind, but he does not know if the name is good enough. “Maybe…. Team NU’EST?” he answered half ask. He wondered if the name sounded too childish or weird since his senior have 'legendary' as their name.

The older male patted his back saying the name was not bad then continued shooting the target. He glanced at Jonghyun who stared at the training area fazing off until Dongwan called him, “c’mon we have a practice to do, aren’t we?”

 

When Jonghyun walked down the hall of the aegis project facility intended to go to the cafeteria. Suddenly a male shorter than him appeared and walked in his direction. The shorter male has a charming smile on his face.

“Are you JR? Kim Jonghyun-ssi?” he asked.

Jonghyun raised one of his eyebrows, nodding his head.

The shorter male sighed in relief while tapping his chest, “thank god I found you. My name is Aron Kwak, the boss told me that I’ll be under your supervision from now.”

Without realizing, Jonghyun released confused noises.

“You are the leader of the new team, right?”

“What? I even haven’t agreed yet!”

Aron chuckled, “please take care of me, leader-nim.”

Jonghyun covers his face with the palm of his hand in frustration. He cannot believe his boss already appointed a teammate for him. He groaned. “Fine. Wanna join me to the cafeteria?” asked Jonghyun to Aron.

The other male agreed and both walked to the cafeteria.

Jonghyun decided to eat meat with warm rice and light soup meanwhile Aron picked snacks instead. When both of them enjoying their meal, Jonghyun asked a lot of questions about Aron.

As far as he knew, Aron joined the aegis project a year ago. He trained the basics only in 3 months, the rest of them are him ranking up until he got a transfer notice to Jonghyun’s new team. Aron’s power is intangibility. He showed Jonghyun by making his hand went through the table. Jonghyun gaped in awe since he thought intangibility is crazy, amazing. When Aron told him his age, Jonghyun choked his meal.

The shorter male is 2 years older than him. It was a shocking fact since Aron looked like has the same age as him.

They decided t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter