Chapter 1 : Outsider

Our Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A young male ran in panic when he was notified by someone about a group of people ravaging his house. His mind messed up thinking about his parents and his brother's condition.

Once in front of the entrance door of his house, he noticed the door was unlocked and a little bit opened. With his trembling hand, he pushed the door open and walked inside.

He was out of breath because running from high school to his house. But not for long, he felt his chest tighten as his legs went melt and dropped down when he sees the bodies of his parents laying in the middle of blood pool in the living room.

“No!!”

Both of his eyes released tears. He cried out, body curled feeling the pain streak on his chest. He cannot bear the thought, the feeling of losing both your parents at the same time. What should he do after this? He was even not at legal age yet he already lost his future at that time. Not only his future but also his brother’s future.

Wait, where is his brother?

He took a deep breath while pulling himself together to stand. He walked around his house; his kitchen area, his bedroom, his brother’s, laundry area, bathroom. Time passed but he was still unable to find his brother.

 ‘Oh no. Please…’

The result was nothing. He could not find his brother. His brother missing without any trace.

At that time, his world crumbled down into pieces.

 

Years passed, he lived in a rundown household in Seoul. Moving away from his parents’ house which is in Jeju, gambling on his fate and running away from his past.

He needs at least 3 years to be able to move on from that accident. Even though he still not yet recovered from the nightmares that have been haunting him. Added his thoughts about his missing brother’s location.

“Earth to Dongho!”

Someone flicked his forehead with a cold can of coke. The male groaned in hurt then rubbed his forehead. His eyes went bright when he saw the person who flicked him.

“Minhyun-ah! I told you not to call me Dongho! It’s Baekho!”

Minhyun -a taller figure from the other male- chuckled, he sat down beside Baekho who starting to chug down his coke. “Lost in thought again?” asked Minhyun while drinking his own drink. Baekho replied in nods.

“Zero news from the police about your brother?”

Baekho looked down at the top side of his coke can. His grip on the can gets tighter thinking about how the police took a long time to find his brother.

“Yeah, but looking at the situation right now, I could understand why it took longer to find his whereabouts,” answered Baekho.

Minhyun leaned his back to the chair. “The adamants getting on their way again. News on TV this morning stated that a new case has been found. An influential political person got killed, guess what, he was an aegis. Like you,” he said.

Baekho gritted his teeth. Minhyun continued, “it seems like they’re going to create a massacre again just like years ago.”

Listening to Minhyun’s hypothesis, Baekho answered that it was possible for them. Minhyun expressed his wish to run away, hiding from the spotlight of life, avoiding the adamants in every possible way but Baekho rejected his idea. Baekho needs to find his brother first, being able to see his family, or at least he knows his well-being, that is his ultimate purpose in life after he lost his parents.

“Baekho-ya, what if your brother was taken by them?”

“I….”

Baekho halted his words, thinking if his brother was taken by people of the adamant, that means his parents too were killed by them. He will do everything to protect his brother even it will take his life.

“I’m sorry if this crossing my line, but what if your brother sided with them?”

Minhyun’s other question crashed him hard. There is no way right his brother would take a side with evil? Right?

“It’s possible but… I believe in my brother.”

 

Aegis. A type of human who has been chosen by God as protector of life, either when they were born or chosen in the middle of their life. Chosen to bear special abilities to protect people. Hundred years ago, aegis people were a special sort-of-race of human. Right now, some of them thought that aegis people are only a myth, but some of them believe they are real and living among normal-usual humans.

Hwang Minhyun is one of the believers of that later since he is a human. The first time he met Baekho -which is an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter