Clumsy Love

Clumsy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Like any other typical day, the blonde stared longingly from her balcony. And just like any other day, Yoohyeon could only gaze upon the beauty of her neighbor that lived only a few doors from her apartment.

 

Yoohyeon wasn't sure when she started the routine, but she could certainly remember the first time she laid eyes on the most beautiful woman she has ever seen in her life. The blonde swears the scene was straight from a drama.

 

Around two years ago, Yoohyeon had just moved into a new apartment, and she couldn't believe her luck that day. The apartment complex's elevator was in service that day, and there was no other option but to climb multiple flights of stairs. At this point, Yoohyeon wished she could trash all of their belongings so that they wouldn't have dead arms and legs from carrying countless belongings and possessions because who in their right mind would want to do that? It sounded like a death sentence to her.

 

Yubin swore that the two of them were both going to die. No, Yubin wasn't referring to the dreaded climb of endless stairs, but mainly to Yoohyeon's outrageous misfortune of clumsiness. 

 

The two young women were carrying some of their belongings while they started their trek upstairs. Yoohyeon held her longboard with a box of blankets and clothes while Yubin carefully held onto boxes of dinnerware and their favorite mugs. The blonde insisted on helping her best friend carry the heavy load of breakable ceramics, but Yubin adamantly refused and reasoned to her blonde friend that she would somehow break them in the process. 

 

Well, it wasn't long until Yubin's predictions came true. Yoohyeon had somehow let her longboard slip from her hands, and as she was trying to catch it, she lost her balance, her smacking down onto the board, and proceeded to roll down the stairs crashing into Yubin down below. Sure enough, all of their plates, bowls, glasses, and mugs were left in shattered remains.

 

Fortunately, their possessions didn't take many more casualties. Yoohyeon managed to smack one corner of the TV into a door frame, bending the stand, so it sat crooked on their media console. Their couch had somehow broken a foot off, which Yubin used wood glue to repair. Lastly, after they survived the move, Yoohyeon went to microwave some instant ramen for lunch, but soon after claimed their microwave had spontaneously combusted. Yubin certainly caught the blonde swiping a fork from inside and hiding it behind her back, then Yoohyeon pretended to act innocent and pouted while pointing at the smoking appliance.

 

After being scolded for the nth time that day, Yoohyeon followed her dog, Pie, out onto their balcony to get some fresh air. The cool breeze felt perfect in the spring air as she took a deep breath. The woman took in her surroundings, turning her head to see if any of her neighbors were also on their balconies, and it was at this moment, she discovered what it was like to fall in love at first sight.

 

Yoohyeon was always a romanticist. She loved watching romantic dramas with their cheesy encounters and scenes, but these films were fictitious, and in her mind, she had accepted that long ago. Love at first sight just doesn't happen in real life. 

 

Boy, was she wrong. She has never been proven so wrong in her life, but she was happy about it in this case. Now she was a believer of this mythical scenario and indescribable feeling. Her heart rate steadily increased as she gazed upon the beauty until her heart hammered against her chest. The echo of her beating heart was thunderous in her ears. She was unable to hear anything or focus on anything but the goddess of a woman. Unable to draw her eyes away, the Yoohyeon was wholly enamored and captivated at the grace and beauty of her neighbor. 

 

Sure, the goddess-like woman was simply reading a book on her balcony. But her presence commanded Yoohyeon's attention. Even with a simple movement of her turning a page, it was like the woman flipped a new page into Yoohyeon's life, completely flipping it around. 

 

The woman before her was nothing less but a work of art. Her silky pitch-black hair flowed freely in the spring breeze as it shimmered brightly against the sun setting into the horizon. Golden rays highlighted and glowed from the woman's perfect skin complexion, complimenting the sculpted contours of her face. Her features were gentle and soft, and the blonde could only wonder if her aesthetic matched her personality. The flowery dress adorned by the ravenette was a fitting image for how the fabric danced in the wind, mirroring her every graceful movement.

 

Yoohyeon would forever remember this moment, and to this day, she continues to gaze, longing at her neighbor whenever the two were out at the same time.

 

"Yah, dinners ready!"

 

Yubin calls out from the kitchen, startling Yoohyeon from her stupor. The blonde let out a sigh and pouted slightly as her time staring at her neighbor was cut short.

 

Yubin rolled her eyes at the sight of her roommate as she sat at the dining table. "You know you will accomplish nothing if you just keep drooling at her from afar."

 

Yoohyeon's pout deepened. "What? I don't drool."

 

"Yooh, you are so obvious. The only reason you like to go out on the balcony is solely so you can ogle with screaming heart eyes at our neighbor." The short-haired woman showed no mercy. Yoohyeon knew that Yubin was mainly teasing her and had no malice behind her words.

 

"Look, if you want to date her, just ask her." "The younger stated as if such a task was a simple and easy feat.

 

"Are you crazy?!" Yoohyeon shot a crazed look at her best friend. "Just walk up to her door, knock and be like what? Hey, I have been your neighbor for the past two years, and I shamelessly stare at you and think about you constantly. Do you want to go on a date?"

 

Yubin continued to eat her black-bean noodles and nodded with a full mouth.

 

A blush burned hotly against the blonde's cheeks just thinking about asking her neighbor out.

 

"Maybe leave out the staring and thinking part." The brunette stated as she finished chewing her food. "But yeah, I don't see why not. 

 

The blonde furiously shook her head; there was no way she had the confidence to do such a thing. Yubin must be crazy to think she had the capability to do that.

 

Frustrated, Yoohyeon desperately wanted to drop the topic and grumbled as she ate her food.

 

Yubin shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I sure hope fate will help you then." Yoohyeon couldn't agree more. 

 

Afterward, they engaged in a casual conversation as the two enjoyed their meal. Well, Yubin tried her best to do so after Yoohyeon accidentally dropped her chopsticks on the floor. This caused a chain reaction; the blonde knocked into the table as she attempted to catch her chopsticks in midair. The force of impact shook their dining area, tipping over their glasses of water to spill all over the place.

 

The short-haired woman sighed; her best friend truly was a mess as Yubin watched the walking disaster frantically stand up to obtain paper towels, only to trip on her chair and fall over. Yoohyeon will undoubtedly need all the luck she can get if she wanted a chance with their neighbor.

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

"Hell yeah! Winner winner, chicken dinner!" The blonde gamer exclaimed with excitement after her seventh win of the day playing PUBG. 

 

Yoohyeon grinned and turned to the camera, "Well, my dear slices of pie. How about that?" She greeted her online fans. Yes, she called her fans' slices of pie'. For what reason? Well, her dog was named Pie, who also had her own dedicated camera pointed towards the dog bed for when the blonde streams her games, so her pet had gained a lot of attention. When Yoohyeon asked for fandom name suggestions, the name stuck out to her. She found it cute and funny and went with it.

 

The blonde thanked her stream, reading comments and answering questions. She usually relaxes and interacts with her fans for a while, but she glanced at the time and immediately panicked. "Oh God, I'm sorry everyone, but I need to go! I'm totally late to pick my friend up."

 

She quickly closed the stream, turning off her monitor and gaming PC. She rushed to put her shoes on; unfortunately, she will have to remain in the outfit she was dressed for the stream. It wasn't entirely out of the ordinary. Sometimes Yoohyeon cosplayed while she played video games, but today she was wearing a simple denim jumpsuit, an outfit that looked similar to what her PUBG character was wearing. It certainly wasn't common attire, but it would have to do. As she was about to leave her room, she remembered her replica iron helmet remained on her head. Right, that would look a little odd to have out in public, and she left the helmet on her desk.

 

Already running very late, Yoohyeon was bouncing around in her apartment, grabbing her keys and phone. She bolted out the front door and into the hallway, texting Yubin she was on her way. Unfortunately, she forgot to charge her phone, and mid text, her phone died. 

 

"Damm-" 

 

Suddenly Yoohyeon found herself fallen over on the ground. She wasn't sure what had happened.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there."

 

A soft and angelic voice rang in the blonde's ears. Even though it was completely Yoohyeon's fault for not paying attention, the other woman apologized. Yoohyeon immediately looked up, and her heart began beating at an increasing rate.

 

Standing before the blonde, was her neighbor, her longtime crush. The hallway lights shone brightly behind the beautiful woman's angelic figure. Her long black hair cascaded down her shoulders, framing her petite face. She wore a simple white dress patterned with pastel-colored flowers, matching the very first moment when Yoohyeon had first laid eyes on her neighbor. It was unbelievable that this woman was a real person because everything about her glowed perfection. It felt flustering that Yoohyeon was caught wearing her denim jumpsuit. She wished she had the option to reload a checkpoint so that she could have been wearing a dress to match.

 

This was the first time Yoohyeon has had the chance to see her up close. The first time she wasn't watching her neighbor from afar on her balcony. She couldn't fathom that the raven-haired woman could be even more stunning than she already is.

 

"Oh, don't you live down the hall? I'm Minji, by the way." Minji smiled gently, holding out her hand for Yoohyeon to take. 

 

At this point, Yoohyeon wanted to scream at the top of her lungs, jump in joy, and run around like an idiot. All because Minji seemed to know that she existed. Also, for the fact that she is here, talking to her crush, and not completely malfunctioning! Recollecting her previous conversation with Yubin, this must have been fate to meet her finally. Yoohyeon was determined to ask out her crush.

 

Minji upturned her brows with a slight pout, wearing a worried expression. "Are you okay?"

 

Perhaps Yoohyeon was malfunctioning, as she had yet to respond to the ravenette. The blonde quickly woke from her stupor, taking hold of Minji's hand. "I-I'm sorry, I'm okay-"

 

"Ah-" the older woman winced once Yoohyeon took hold of her hand to help her up. The blonde averted her attention to their joined hands, spotting a bloody scrape from when Minji had fallen after Yoohyeon ran into her.

 

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" From this moment, Yoohyeon wasn't shy; asking out Minji was on the back burner because she was worried that she had injured Minji. "W-We can. Back at my place, I -uh, have some bandaids. Please, it's the least I could do for y-you" Okay, after stumbling with her words, Yoohyeon was still nervous and timid to talk in front of her crush.

 

Minji softly smiled; she found Yoohyeon adorable and sincere. It reminded her of a puppy. Oh, she wanted to squeal inside because the blonde was too cute, but she kept her outward composure. "I would really like that."

 

Yoohyeon nodded her head, she wasn't sure why, but she did. She led the way back to her apartment. "I'm Yoohyeon, and I'm so-so sorry I ran into you."

 

They reached her front door; Yoohyeon grabbed the handle, not noticing it didn't budge, and walked straight into the door. "Ah, right, still locked." The younger girl lightly blushed and cringed. That was so embarrassing.

 

With shaky hands, Yoohyeon dug into her pockets to get her phone, her keycard stored on the back of the case. Her sweaty fingers struggled to get a good grip of the card out of the holder, and it took her a few tries to yank it out, only to drop it on the floor.

 

The blonde waved her fingers at Minji. "Hehe, My roommate says I have butterfingers." Yoohyeon joked but yet again cringes at herself. She quickly bends down, smacking her face against the front door, and lands on her .

 

Minji's smile broke and leaned over, her concern ever more growing for the latter. "Oh gosh, are you okay?" She offers her hand to help Yoohyeon up once again.

 

Please, Yoohyeon, why are you like this?

 

Cracking another joke, "My roommate also says I am a bit clumsy." More like very clumsy.

 

After retrieving her card, she slipped it into the reader, grabbed the handle, and again, walks into the door. At this point, Minji wasn't sure if she should laugh or wrap the poor girl in a mile of bubble wrap. Yoohyeon looks down, inwardly cursing at herself because she put it in the wrong way. She flips it over, and it finally unlocks her apartment. 

 

Yoohyeon yells out in triumph, an attempt to cover up her comical failures at opening a door. "And open says me!" Minji laughs lightly at the funny gesture. Yoohyeon grins widely from the small victory.

 

"Please, make yourself at home. Would you like something to drink? We have water, tea, milk, choco milk, banana-" 

 

The ravenette giggles, "Water is fine."

 

Yoohyeon nods her head, pulls out a dining chair for Minji to sit in, and walks into the kitchen to fetch Minji's drink. It wasn't long until Yoohyeon's clumsy antics kick into full force. As the blonde walked back to the other woman, she tripped over her own feet, spilling water all over Minji's dress.

 

Both react with wide eyes. "I'm so sorry!" Yoohyeon exclaimed, immediately running to the bathroom to get a towel, only stumbling over the air twice. Minji does her best not to crack a smile at how clumsy the blonde is despite her dress being drenched with water. 

 

Yoohyeon frantically tries to dry Minji's shirt, the blonde's hands pat and rub over Minji with a towel, while the older woman fails to prevent herself from blushing. Minji doesn't know if she should say something because it felt like the blonde was rubbing and touching her inappropriately rather than drying her off, but by the way, Yoohyeon panics with sincere urgency. She knows the younger woman didn't have any ill intentions. Honestly, the ravenette was simply too nice to say anything.

 

After a few minutes, It didn't take long for Yoohyeon to find a flustered Minji, and she froze to praise how adorable the ravenette looked right now. She figured the entire situation was embarrassing; of course, it was. The usual mysterious and chic aura her older neighbor held was replaced with a timid and cute demeanor. Blame the blonde to have weird tendencies, but she squealed internally to witness another side of Minji, causing her hands to subconsciously squeeze over perky mounds.

 

A stifled moan was released, it was only for a split second, but it was heard between both women. Minji's ears glowed a bright red as she gripped and squirmed in her seat in embarrassment. Yoohyeon finally realized the placement of her hands fully wrapped around both of Minji's s with only a few articles of cloth separating them. The younger woman could not believe she was practically groping her attractive neighbor as if she was a y creep. Apparently, her foolish mind needed confirmation and unknowingly gave another squeeze. Minji bit at the bottom of her lip to silence another unwanted moan, and still too nice to mention this situation was too sensual for her while it was Yoohyeon's turn for her face to grow a few shades of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter