002

Look
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Sunmi

Kang Seulgi was someone Sunmi admired. Ever since Sunmi debuted as a solo artist, she had noticed the main dancer of Red Velvet. Seulgi had the talent, the face, the skills, everything you needed as a performer. Sunmi never had a chance to personally get to know the younger girl though. Not that she didn’t want to, but it was not easy. So you see, Kang Seulgi was an introvert. Not the kind of introvert that would try to avoid people. Kang Seulgi was actually friendly and very down to earth. How should Sunmi say this? There were times Sunmi would try to approach Red Velvet members during the award shows. The girls would greet her. The friendliest one among them was Yeri and Joy. Sunmi didn’t really think she left any impression on Seulgi during their little chit chat though. It was actually frustrating. Kang Seulgi was not an extrovert. She was not a complete introvert either.

Kang Seulgi just.

She just had no problem being alone. She did some checking and Seulgi actually preferred to do things on her own. She went to eat alone, went to karaoke alone, being by herself. She just enjoyed her time alone. And to Sunmi, that type of person was the hardest for her to get close to. Because it would mean Seulgi did not give a damn whether anyone wanted to be her friend. She had no problem just being by herself.

When Sunmi heard that Seulgi would be her younger sister on this secret unnie show, she asked herself if it was real. At the same time, she was really nervous. She didn’t know how Seulgi’s personality was like. What if Seulgi was actually rude and selfish. Sunmi couldn’t really judge based on how Seulgi looked.

So Sunmi asked around anyone she knew who had worked with Seulgi before. What she heard made her wanting to meet Seulgi even more. All the people she asked only had good words on Seulgi.

Hard-working. Polite. Very kind.

Sunmi couldn’t wait to meet the real Seulgi. She was given the opportunity already; she couldn’t possibly let it go to waste.

It didn’t take long for Seulgi to secure a soft spot in Sunmi’s heart. The girl was just so freaking adorable. That night they spent together, Sunmi got to know Seulgi more than she ever expected. The Kang Seulgi that everyone viewed as a charismatic, chick girl was actually a soft fluff ball in real life. There was this special connection that brought them together so effortlessly. When they said goodbye to the show, Sunmi knew she was going to keep Seulgi for the rest of her life.

As a homebody, going out was such a hard task for her. But it was different that day because it was Seulgi’s birthday. Sunmi actually invited Seulgi out. She even prepared a gift for the younger girl too. The gift was a little expensive and she was probably going to get scolded by Seulgi again later. But what could Sunmi do? She would buy anything for Seulgi.

When Seulgi messaged if it was okay for her Joohyun unnie to come along, Sunmi didn’t really think too much. Apparently, other members weren’t at the dorm since they had their own schedules. If Seulgi came out too, the leader would be alone. Sunmi didn’t mind. Really. She had heard many good things about the Red Velvet’s leader from Seulgi. It was going to be fun.

Oh, dear. How wrong was she?

Joohyun was pretty. Breathtakingly stunning.

Sunmi was not going to lie.

When Seulgi and Joohyun arrived, Sunmi swore her heart raced a little. First and foremost, they both looked so pretty in their own way. Secondly, they both looked extremely good together. Sunmi wasn’t kidding when she wished she could have brought her camera with her and took a photo of them just walking inside the restaurant, with Joohyun holding Seulgi’s arm.

“Unnie!”

When Seulgi took a step ahead, away from Joohyun’s hold, to hug Sunmi, she couldn’t help but smile fondly at the younger and pulled her for a very tight hug. Sunmi thought she saw the leader of Red Velvet’s eyebrows wrinkle, but she might be wrong.

“Happy birthday, ddeulgi-ah.”

“Thank you, unnie!”

“Let’s order. I am starving.”

Seulgi spoke after she was released from a hug. Sunmi turned to Joohyun and bowed her head slightly.

“Hello, Joohyun unnie.”

“Hello, Sunmi sunbaenim.”

Sunmi noticed how Joohyun seemed really awkward standing there. The shorter girl definitely looked uncomfortable being here. Well, they never really talked other than those small greetings during award shows. So, Sunmi couldn’t really blame Joohyun for looking uncomfortable.

But what didn’t make sense was… if Joohyun wasn’t comfortable being here, why did she decide to come?

This time, Sunmi could clearly see the frown on Joohyun’s eyebrows.

“How long are you going to stand there? I am hungry, unnie.”

Only when Seulgi took a grip on Joohyun’s hand that Sunmi saw the relaxed expression adorning her beautiful face.

After finished ordering the food, the three of them began to talk. Most of the time, it was Sunmi and Seulgi who exchanged words. Joohyun was just there. Listening, nodding her head sometimes, and staring at Seulgi.

At first, it was unnoticeable. Seulgi was telling them about the new underrated songs she found. Seulgi was talking about the flow, the lyrics, and the melody of the songs. Like how good it was, and how she wished more people would notice those songs.

Sunmi nodded her head along. Music had always been one of the topics that Sunmi loved to discuss with Seulgi. When Sunmi happened to look at Joohyun, wanting to ask for her opinion, Joohyun already had her gaze on Seulgi. Staring so fondly at Seulgi that it made Sunmi hesitated to ask. She felt that if she ever said a single word, she would have disturbed one of the precious moments of someone’s life. So Sunmi kept quiet.

When Seulgi realized that Sunmi had been silent, she followed Sunmi’s gaze and caught that Joohyun was still looking at her.

Sunmi expected Seulgi to turn away and acted all shy like when they were taking that certain video together. However, Seulgi just smiled. That beautiful eye-smile that Sunmi had to stop herself from squealing every time Seulgi smiled like that. Her eyes would disappear, and her perfect teeth would show.
That smile was just so so stunning.

And Joohyun smiled back.

The similar eye-smile that could make everyone else kill just to get that smile directed at them. Sunmi saw that damn spark in Joohyun’s eyes. So bright. Sunmi felt like she was third-wheeling them. She wished she could disappear and just let Seulgi and Joohyun be together.

After that, the conversation was back to her. Seulgi asked about her life. Her plan for the new album. It was comfortable.

When the food arrived, they began to eat silently. The silence wasn’t awkward. Sunmi couldn’t stop herself from looking at the two girls in front of her either. It wasn’t something big. Really. It was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter