001

Look
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yerim

When Yeri first met them, she was in her fifth grade of elementary school. They were the two people that she paid very close attention to. Partly, because they were so pretty and down to earth, but mainly because of how the older girl looked at the younger one. Yeri learned their names after a few days. The shorter unnie’s name was Bae Joohyun, while the taller one was Kang Seulgi. Despite her smaller size, Joohyun was actually older than Seulgi.

Seulgi was the first to approach her. The older girl was really friendly, going all ‘Hi, my name is Seulgi. Nice to meet you.’ followed by Joohyun’s tiny ‘I’m Joohyun.’

Yeri noticed that Joohyun was the shy type. She didn’t talk much to other trainees except Seulgi. Most of the time, Joohyun would just practice by herself. It earned her the title of the ice princess. But what did they know? It wasn’t hard for Yeri to get closer to Joohyun since Yeri would follow Seulgi around. And it was what the oldest among them did too.

It took her a few months to break the ice and got to know another side of Bae Joohyun.

Yeri was thankful for it. The Bae Joohyun that everyone called ice princess was actually so kind and caring as if she had a heart of gold. Yeri kinda enjoyed the privilege of being one of the two people who actually got to see this side.

It wasn’t new to say Yeri adored Seulgi a lot. The girl was always being genuine toward her. Sometimes, she guided Yeri through some difficult steps. It actually made her trainee life a lot more bearable.

There was that one time Seulgi had to practice for her voice. Yeri and Joohyun were given a chance to stay and listen to Seulgi singing. Yeri was really impressed with her Seulgi unnie. The girl was one of the nicest people she had ever encountered. She could dance and sing very well. Yeri just admired and respected Seulgi so much.

That was also the same time Yeri began to notice how Joohyun looked at Seulgi. There was something inside her eyes. They sparkled as if there were stars inside Joohyun’s eyes when she looked at Seulgi. Yeri was in awe of what she saw. She might have been too young to know what it was, but inside Yeri’s mind that time, she wished her future lover would look at her this way too.

After a year, the next person to join their circle was Sooyoung. This Sooyoung unnie was really tall and really pretty. Her face had this fresh aura that made you wanted to smile whenever she smiled. But Sooyoung was fragile. She was delicate and she got hurt easily. When Sooyoung first came, there was this confidence in her eyes that was so admirable. But after a few months, that confidence was gone. That was when Yeri found Sooyoung began to hang out with her, Seulgi, and Joohyun.

So, Seulgi and Joohyun happened to find Sooyoung crying. As a senior, they actually knew what was going on inside Sooyoung’s mind. They approached Sooyoung and for some reason, Yeri found herself getting close to the new unnie who had a very beautiful and refreshing smile. She couldn’t complain though. She was happy they could be friends.

Yeri still noticed how Joohyun stared at Seulgi. At first, it was very subtle, but these days, it had been hard to ignore. She wasn’t sure if Sooyoung noticed. She sometimes found Sooyoung looking at Joohyun when the older girl was staring at Seulgi. That was a look of curiosity as if Sooyoung was wondering how could someone looked at someone like that. When Sooyoung turned away, she was met with Yeri’s eyes. The youngest girl smiled at Sooyoung as if telling Sooyoung to get used to it and Sooyoung nodded her head slightly to reply. They never really talked about it.

After two years, another person came into their circle again. There was a shift in Joohyun’s attitude. It was hard to notice but Yeri had been observing. So she knew.

Son Seungwan. She was a new trainee with a very bubbly personality. She was friendly. And as a person who was born in the same year as Seulgi, both of them got close easily. There were times they would practice their voices together very late that everyone left the building.

Joohyun was never the one to talk or express her feeling out loud, but her eyes never lied. Yeri was a lot more mature than her age, and she could easily notice what it was.

Jealousy.

Yeri didn’t know how she should assure her Joohyun unnie. She wanted to. But she didn’t know how. She didn’t have any idea how Joohyun felt toward Seulgi. For all she knew, the older girl might be irritated that Seulgi paid a lot of attention to Seungwan. That happened often to best friends too. But what did she know?

It took Joohyun almost four months to actually open up to Seugwan and welcome her into their circle officially. Yeri didn’t know what changed Joohyun’s mind, but she was sure that it had something to do with that one night Seulgi asked to spend the night at Joohyun’s dorm.

After that, the five of them would spend time together. There were times Yeri noticed that Joohyun didn’t just keep her gaze on Seulgi’s eyes anymore. Her gaze would move a little lower and stayed at Seulgi’s lips for a few seconds.

Yeri still had no idea what was the meaning behind those stares. Maybe there was something on Seulgi’s lips? And why did Joohyun have to look at Seulgi like Seulgi put the moon and stars on the sky? Why did Joohyun only look at Seulgi that way? Yeri had no idea.

When it was confirmed that the five of them would debut together, Yeri thought Joohyun would be subtle with her staring and gazing because there would be cameras all over them. And little things would cause rumors easily.

Oh dear, what did she know?

 

Park Sooyoung

Sooyoung would always be grateful for her Seulgi unnie. She was her mentor, her confidence, her inspiration. She helped and guided her the most when everyone else was turning their back at her. Because it was a competition. If you won, you got to debut. But her Seulgi unnie was different.

She was so sincere and so so so kind. Seulgi helped her with singing, dancing, and even how to act in front of the camera. Seulgi helped build her confidence back, and she, for the rest of her life, would be grateful for Seulgi’s existence.

It didn’t help when Seulgi was also extremely adorable. God- Sooyoung even thought Seulgi was the younger one between them. Every time Seulgi greeted her with that ‘h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter