2: wonyoung's dictionary

cat and dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" You will be partnered with Ms. Jang for this activity since you girls are neighbors, am I correct? " 

" I mean, yes, but why should it be her? You know how I don't get along with Wonyoung, right? "

" Ms. Ahn, if you are strongly against my decision, then you might as well get a zero for this output. " 

Yujin watches her classmates mock her with their incessant laughing. She will definitely get back to them if she gets the opportunity. Their history teacher, Mr. Do, partnered all the kids in his class to make a report about the Stock Market Crash of 1929, much to their dismay. It's not like Yujin does not want to be paired up with Wonyoung because she's your typical dumb cheerleader. She's the exact opposite of the stereotype. Wonyoung is an intelligent girl, but she can be cocky sometimes. 

The whole school once witnessed Wonyoung barging into the Mathletes club room and challenged their president to solve complex math equations. Their battle lasted for three hours, and Wonyoung came out from the club room with the biggest smirk on her face. Since they were neighbors, Yujin asked Wonyoung why she decided to pick a fight with the Mathlete's club president. Wonyoung replied, " He made fun of me for getting one wrong answer in our quiz yesterday. Served him right. " 

" She's not even here today! Can I just be in Jake's group or something? " Yujin tried to bargain once again. Mr. Do had enough of Yujin's whining, so he lightly smacked the girl's head with a book. The whole class was in fits of laughter because of it. Yujin was their lovable idiot, alright. 

"Why do the two of you fight like cats and dogs? " Mr. Do sighed. " It's such a shame, really. You and Ms. Jang look good together. " 

Yujin gagged and went back to her seat. Her classmates were cackling at this point. They were teasing Yujin about how there's a thin line between hate and love, and all Yujin could do was bury her face in her arms to hide her flushed face. 

xxx

Jake watched Yujin slammed her locker with so much force that it ended up having a dent. He gulped nervously beside the latter and hoped that Yujin didn't catch him laughing his off earlier when they were teasing her. 

" So... " Jake started. " How's your ninja training going on? " 

" It went well. " Yujin replied. She remembered the cat she saved this morning and wondered if it already went on its way. " Say, Jake. Have you seen Yiren? " 

" Speaking of the devil. " Jake said and pointed at someone in the hallways. " Are you finally going to ask her out? " 

" I guess. " Yujin shrugged. " We only have two months before graduation. I think I should step up my game. " 

" It's funny because I never really thought you had a crush on her. " Jake shrugged his shoulders when Yujin raised an eyebrow at him. Yiren is friends with Wonyoung, right? I thought that you only talk to her so you could have your stupid fights with Wonyoung. " 

" Can you please go away so that I can talk to Yiren alone? " Yujin playfully shoved Jake away until he went on his way to join their other friends. Yujin walked towards Yiren with a confident attitude as always. 

" Hey, do you have any plans this- " 

" Is Wonyoung not feeling well? She didn't come to school today? "

Yujin took a sharp breath. She's getting tired of people talking about Wonyoung all day, even if she's not around. " I don't know. Didn't she tell you why? "

" I texted her this morning, but she hasn't even read any of my messages yet. " Yiren explained. " I wonder if something happened to her. " 

" Well, she's irritating as usual when I saw her this morning. " Yujin recollected. " She even threw her big dictionary on my window. " 

Now, Yiren is starting to get concerned about Wonyoung and Yujin's relationship. They act like an old married couple who are constantly at each other's throats. " I see. Can you check up on Wonyoung for me? I'd really appreciate it. " 

Yiren placed her hand on Yujin's shoulder and smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter