ikea?

IKEA?

"Hwang Eunbi~" Eunha opens her arms wide to surround the other. "Sorry it took me a minute. I couldn't find my glasses."

"It's no problem. Are you hungry?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

Opening the passenger door for Eunha, Sinb closes it gently after and runs around to the driver's side. 

"So, where do you wanna eat?" Sinb asks after pulling into the street.

The older perks up, "Could we try the Swedish meatballs at IKEA?!"

"Wait, you've never tried them?"

Eunha pouts. "No! I've only been to IKEA like twice, and I didn't stay long enough to check out the entire place."

"Well," Sinb says in a conniving tone, "You're in luck because we are going to stay there for a long time, and you are going to get hungry." She glances at the other with a smile. "But let's grab some ice cream as a snack."

-

 

IKEA is kind of like an adult's toy store. 

All the different kinds of chairs in different colors and material, interesting desks that have adjustable legs to make it taller or shorter, floating shelves, lamps that look futuristic— Eunha wishes she could get them all and live out her young, rich, and aesthetic dream.

As they pass the kids' section, she grabs a little stuffed bear as she stares at the mock bedroom made for a toddler.

"So I know you said you just wanted black and white, but I was thinking that maybe we could get a blue chair or something." As Sinb speaks her suggestions, she notices Eunha stare at her own hands that rest on the cart handle, probably not listening. "Hey... you okay?" she asks gently.

Eunha straightens up and turns her head to her, eyes a little wide as she comes back to reality. "Hm? Yeah yeah..."

They continue walking, following the arrows, stopping at times to look at the furniture or the show rooms. Sinb pulls them aside not too long after, finally deciding to address Eunha's change in behavior.

"You know you can trust me with anything, right?" she reassures. The older nods, relaxing a tad from Sinb's touch. "Can you tell me what's bothering you?"

Eunha sighs, dropping her eyes to the ground. "Don't get mad..."

"Do I ever?" Sinb smiles.

"You do, actually. A lot."

She blinks blankly. "...I promise I won't get mad this time."

Eunha sighs again before raising up her left hand to her chest. Pointing quietly to her finger, Sinb stares in confusion.

"Your... ring is bothering you?" Sinb takes a hold of the other's hand, and twirls the ring around. "It doesn't seem tight. Wait. Do you not like your ring?" she worries. Mumbling to herself, "I could have sworn this is your dream ring—"

"Sinb, it's not about the ring. The ring is absolutely beautiful and it fits me perfect. But," Eunha pouts, finding it difficult to say what she wants to say. "Y'know... marriage..."

Sinb's hand falls to her side. "Do you... not want to get married anymore?" she asks quietly, sadness evident.

"Nooo no no, it's not like that!" the older panics. "I just— I can't believe it's going to happen." Putting her arms around the other's waist, she hugs her lightly. "We're shopping for things that will be in our apartment. We're looking for a bed we're going to be sharing, a couch we'll watch TV on together, a dining table we'll eat the spiciest food on— It all still sounds unreal to me."

Just as Eunha begins to worry, Sinb's frown turns into a smile. "You're really sappy," the latter says. "But at least one of us has emotions here," she jokes. "Trust me, it's going to be real. Just fifty-four days left."

"Looks like someone's been counting," Eunha laughs.

After about half an hour, the older notices a familiar section of lamps. Squeezing the other's hand once, "Uhm... Sinb?"

"Yeah?" she answers, looking at their list on her phone.

"Haven't we been in this section already?"

Sinb looks up and all around her. She realizes quickly what's going on, but is too proud to admit it. "...no. It just looks like the one we went to earlier," she lies. Quickly pushing the cart, she charges forward, moving on to the next section. 

Not too long after, Eunha finds the same set of lamps she saw earlier. "Sinb... are we going the right way?" The older didn't really bother looking at the signs or arrows since she's unfamiliar with the place, simply following the other.

The younger turns her head, looking all around one again. She finally turns to Eunha, pouting. "Okay, we're lost."

"We're lost?!" she exclaims. "How can we get lost in a store?"

Sinb shrugs, "It happened to Yuju unnie."

Eunha crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow at her fiancée. It makes Sinb lower her head and step aside, letting the former lead the way.

--

 

"Could you pass me a screw drill bit?" 

Eunha looks at the ten different bits in front of her. "Which one?"

"Just a Phillips head one."

Her eyes widen as she continues to stare at the array. Eunha has absolutely no idea which one is which, more so of what a Phillips head looks like. 

Sinb looks back to see the other not moving, visibly confused at her request. She giggles a little, finding her troubled face cute. She wishes she could take a picture of her, but decides to keep it in her memory. "Unnie, it's the one that looks like a plus sign."

Eunha sharply inhales, letting out a sound of realization and finally handing it to Sinb. "Are you sure you don't want help?" she asks with a tilt of her head.

"You're helping plenty," Sinb smiles, screwing in the screw to connect the frame to the legs.

"I'm just sitting here..." Eunha mutters over the sound of the drill.

"But you're helping me." She opens , asking for another apple-flavored gummy which the older kindly gives. "I'm almost done anyway, so don't worry."

Eunha watches Sinb turn the table over, finally upright standing on its four legs. "Ta-da! Our dining table." The latter shakes it a little to test its stability, making sure no screws are loose. "Unnie, come here."

Accepting Sinb's outstretched hand, she stands up from the floor. She lets out a yelp when she's suddenly lifted up, and finds herself sitting atop the newly assembled table. "The table's going to break!" she laughs flustered, slapping Sinb's arm.

"If it does, then I'm returning it. But you're as light as a cloud, so I doubt it." Fully wrapping her arms around Eunha's waist,  Sinb nuzzles against her shoulder, relaxing her body into the older's warmth.

Eunha wraps her legs around her, humming as she the younger's hair gently. It's these moments of intimacy that she wishes for more of, given how Sinb doesn't always initiate their skinship.

A little low hum sounds out from Sinb's throat, feeling the exhaustion taking over. If she wasn't standing, she could fall asleep right now in the other's arms.

"You tired?" the shorter asks.

"Mm."

"Too bad we don't have a mattress here yet. We should head home for today then." She shakes Sinb a little, but receives a grunt in return.

"But I still want to hang out with you," Sinb whines.

"Do you want me to sleep over at your place?"

The younger pulls back and nods with puppy eyes. 

Eunha pecks her on the lips before blowing up into a big smile. "You're a big baby."

--

 

Cuddled up in Sinb's giant beanbag, they lay there and just talk about anything. Even though it may seem like they know everything about each other, they never run out of things to share.

"Why is my finger like that?" Eunha stares at her index finger, thinking it's bent in a weird way.

"Huh... mine too." Putting their hands up side by side, one could see the stark difference in size. Sinb uses the opportunity to squish the other's chubby fingers. Going through each one of them, she stops at the fourth finger, a silver band around it with a little diamond in the middle.

She gulps once, thoughts beginning to scatter in her head. "Are you sure you want to marry me?" Sinb asks, solemn.

Eunha lets out a light laugh. "I wouldn't have said yes if I wasn't sure."

"...cool." Turning her head, she plants a kiss on the top of the other's head, then one on the back of her hand. 

They settle deeper into the cushion, their limbs entangled, and Eunha's head laying comfortably on Sinb's chest.

"Remember the kid's room on display?" Eunha starts in a whisper.

"Yeah?"

"With the little desk, toy box, little car-shaped bed, and the glowing star stickers?"

Sinb pauses, curious as to how the older remembers the details. "...yeah?"

"It would be cute if we made our second room like that instead of an office," she shrugs.

As if her heart stopped, Sinb turns stiff at the implication. Is she... is she thinking what I think she's thinking?

With all her care, she asks as delicately as she can, "Are you... are you saying you want... a kid?"

Eunha doesn't quite respond yet, continuing to play with the other's hand.

"Unnie?"

The silence made her skeptical, but Eunha's glance towards her said all she needed to know.

"HOLY SH—" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wrote this many months ago but I'm deciding to post it now because I'm not going to write on it further lol 

Just a soft little one shot that I wrote when 2eunbi told us about their ikea trip on their IG live