Movie

Projection of Relationships

Song: Movie by Tom Misch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUzEYcR2VtM

__________________________________________________________

My cheek brushes against his

Smooth on stubble for a moment

And then it's gone

He walks along the platforms into the dream

Every fiber in me wants to shout and scream: Stop

To run across to him, take him into my arms

To tell him: I love you! You silly, silly man, I love you

But instead I stand still, heart cracking

These little curls on the back of his head bouncing

As he steps out of my life, forever

__________________________________________________________

 

CHOI YENA

 

I rewatched our favourite movie, in hopes that you would appear in whose dreams. Just wait for me, just like how you waited for my confession back in our past life. I’ll be there, slowly but surely, I will turn up in your arms. Sighing deeply as the warmth that other arms couldn’t compare to, could finally take a breather when you are here.

 

I watched as the train floated into the station, my floating feelings coming to a standstill as I watched you bade me farewell from the other side. A little smile etched on your face. You weren’t one to smile for actions spoke your thoughts. This time round, it was a smile of assurance. 

 

I watched the way your lips tug slightly on the right, your left drooping slightly down. Your ears slightly perked up as your lip slowly drew itself a story on your face. Your button nose remained as still as I could remember. Your eyes told a different story. It yelled out the anguish of losing a loved one to a tragedy, the joy of a creamy soft serve under the cool sun and the still of blackness, being alone in this world. Even if I got to tell you this, you would simply laugh it off. Saying that one shouldn’t spend their life overthinking every step but how can I not? 

 

I smelled a fresh draft of air flowing into the system, the train departing. Commuters not caring about the lady that just missed her train. There’ll be the next train in a minute. Just be patient. How to be patient? You might have to wait and you’ll earn the badge of patience just before you lose your cool. So it’s patience all along that entertained death as they waited to collect us in the little trains heading to nowhere but to everywhere in particular.

 

 

__________________________________________________________

 

I hope

That the fire we both made

Still burns a little in you

I wrote, to you

Everyday, 'til my letters find their way

Our memories on my screen

Two lovers in this mystic dream

Baby come back to me, come back to me

Too much time on my phone

Baby, do you still sleep alone?

Come back to me, come back to me

__________________________________________________________

 

KIM CHAEWON

 

We reminisced about the little fire that caught on the hem of your hideous lime cardigan. We were placing burning marshmallows into our mouth, the warmth of the sugary softness enveloping our mouth into a gooey mess, just as our hearts did for each other. 

 

We exchanged the spontaneous letters that we wrote for each other, in hopes that this would rekindle the fire that dampened the mood between us. The letters that roped their words into our hearts, each curve weaving a tale with each straight ‘i love you’ being the needle. One that can pierce your mind and more that could weave more chapters of us.

 

We watched the little movie that held huge dreams for us, for the relationship burning a question between us. We were one lovers enjoying this dream, not waking up from the harsh reality knocking on the door. It grew louder and harsher till it died down to a ‘.’ .

 

We went back to each other, afraid of the past and the future. For ,we enjoyed our time in the present. Our phones filled with the screams of ringtones of ‘loved ones’. Ones we used to loved but it's all gone when love was right here blossoming a fire between us.

 

We returned to single beds. For countless days. The bed provides the support for our body after another long attempt at life. Did it provide the support that your love could offer? Certainly not. As I recall, there were a thousand other surnames lurking the corners of the universe. Narrow it down to a hundreds of ‘you’, to make my life easier. Maybe ten wore a drawing and had a dull wardrobe. 

 

We circled back to one. The only one who came back to me, knocking on my door. Asking if she could seek permission to place a ring on the second finger from the left of our left hands.

 

We said ‘Fine’. Whatever made each other happy. But we weren’t ‘fine’.

 

__________________________________________________________

Well, this has been a format of writing I had been trying to follow for quite a while. In which I take songs that I like and try to imagine a scenario out of them. I will properly credit the artists that I have used their songs for these stories. And with this, I am open to any song recommendations or any scenarios that you have. Please bear in mind that I may not accomodate all within a short period so do bear with me. And with that, this is Jdchrt out and I'll return with the second half of the song, 'Movie' by Tom Misch soon. Thank you

 

-Curious Cat

-Twitter