Tragedy part i

Unfair Society

The household of Min family seems to be busy with preparation. 

Maids in black and white uniform were all over the place busy either with the decorations or the arrangements of the designated theme.

Well, the madam of the house, Madam Min Hyosung is a nice and soft lady most of the time, it's just that she preferred the best for her son, causing her to be a little picky today and when one that hardly get annoyed in her whole life somehow got mad, then it's all over for you. It's her son's 12th birthday, and thus everything needs to be perfect. 

Min Yoongi is her only son after all. One that the household adore too much. 

Madam Min scans the overall scenery of inside of the mansion, colorful balloons hanging at every part of the ceiling, huge kumamon cakes, muffins, hundreds of pastries, chocolates fountain, clown is ready too, mountains of gifts and presents.

And the most important one, a luxury grand piano right in the middle of the hall, still covered under a white fabric, standing proudly and waiting to meet its owner. Maybe the madam overdid it this year. As she gaze at the piano, she crossed her arms ready to admit defeat this time considering that the overall cost is quite ridiculous for a simple young boy's birthday celebration. But, still the piano is a must. 

Yoongi has been taking a piano lesson since he was 6. And he is rightfully deserved to be called a protege for his undescribable talent with the instrument. So, once he even won a first place in a Pianist Competition which led to his mother to took the initiative of gifting him this huge piano. It's safe to say that Yoongi has no idea what surprise awaits him since he have never ask for one of his own yet. 

The madam smiles fondly, as the image of how happy her son wil be once he looks at this charming piano that she chose it herself.

"Honey" Madam Min immediately turns her head towards the front door where the voice of her husband comes from. He must has came back from work already.

"You are back," She greets her approaching husband with a smile. "did I went too far again with the preparation?" chuckles the blonde lady.

"As expected, but you did a good job. Yoongi would be all over the moon." Min Younghoon answers as he too eyeing the piano and the whole house. It's indeed impressive and lot of works to have this kind of grand party. Well, what can he said, his son is truly well spoiled.

"I think his piano lesson will end soon." Madam Min glance at her wrist watch.

"Yeah, I better get change too. The guests will be here anytime now anywhere." Min Younghoon pressed a kiss on his wife's temple before he went ahead to climb the stairs to the second floor. 

Yoongi has been away from home since morning for he has to attend school and straight to piano lesson afterwards allowing the preparations to be done and mainly for the new purchase of piano be transported into the mansion. 

The tentatives of the party is, in the evening, the vip guests consisting of the Min's Corporation partners and shareholders, friends and family members will be filling the hall room and near the end of the evening, the birthday boy will be escorted where he will be presented with well wishes and presents from the guests. 

***

Madam Min smiles at the new arrival of guests. Luxurious car one by one were stopped in front of the mansion and soon the hall were filled with low rumble of conversations of the guests. Most probably chatting about when will they meet up to play golf or boast about their children's accomplishment and more or less important matters other than family business or new projects.

"Unnie, do you think Yoongi would like my gift? I had a hard time thinking of what to get him you know." Min Hyorin excitedly boast about what she got her nephew. Her husband standing beside her smiles faintly at his wife antics.

Hyorin is Yoongi's aunt from his mother's side or Yoongi's mother little sister. She had a good relationship with her sister even though the two sisters do have past conflicts.

It's old story though, has been long forgotten by the older sister, but the fact that the younger sister has yet not be able to buries the past conflicts along with years of passing time remains unknown to the older sister. Or perhaps Min Hyosung just want o keep pretending that everything between she and her sister is just fine, as long as nothing arises of the topic. 

"I'm sure he will like it, you know Yoongi is not picky. In fact Yoongi will accept whatever you get him. He loves you after all." Min Hyosung grins. 

"You think so, I can't wait to see him" Hyorin slightly jumps with excitement. She kept on glancing at the entrance as her young nephew would walks in any time now. 

"Calm down honey," Hyorin's husband, Jeon Jaewook pats his wife at the back a little. "By the way, he will like your gift the most." Jaewook nodded at the Grand Piano at the middle of the Hall which will be uncovered soon. The smile that creeps on his face always makes Hyosung wonder something. Is there any underlying meanings behind that smile in which seems to be well masked sometimes. Considering the past conflict between them, it's just hard to think otherwise. But, Hyosung is a pro. She is used to this pretending game too. As long as no one declare another war, as long as her Yoongi won't be risked being the most affected one due to the adult's affairs, then all is well.

"I really hopes so," she answered with a small smile.

"He is here, it seems" 

The guests seems to be all focusing their attention to the main entrance where a pale young boy wearing quite casual but still classy image on his overall appearance walks into the hall, escorted by Jackson, a blond muscular chinese guy in a black suit who is his driver as well as bodyguard whom Yoongi had often regards as his own older brother. Yoongi walks straight to his mom after exchanging smiles and short greetings to the guests. The boy had a white T-shirt with a black gucci coat and black pants with a sneakers. His pitch black hair were fortunately styles neatly upwards leaving his whole forehead uncovered. Yoongi had always dislikes attentions on him so he purposely came a little late.

"Happy Birthday baby," Madam Min bends down a little, hugging her boy tightly. Though she don't quite like the choice of her son's outfits, she choose to not comment on it. People may thought that Yoongi seems like a wild and bad boy with this attires, but in reality he is just not fond of formal wear. "Thanks eomma." he replies softly before bows a little to his aunt and uncle. 

"Hey there, happy birthday young man." Jaewook says  in respond. 

"Happy birthday Yoonie  baby" Min Hyorin takes turn to crush the poor boy in a tight hug.

"Go on baby, go to your father,"  Yoongi obeys. He heads to the direction where his father are, to which the latter ruffles his hair and signals to the maids to bring in the cake. 

The guests sing a Happy Birthday song altogether as the lights were switch off, leaving only the small lights here and there on the wall and were switch on soon after the candles on the cake were blows by the birthday boy.

Yoongi smiles as the guests were all giving him a big round of applause. He could spot his friend or his eternal crush, Wendy whom he did do anything to keep the little secret to himself, his cousin, Jungkook who is 4 years younger than him is there too, busily munching on the cookies with a banana milk in his other hand, and some more of his other friend smiling happily towards him. 

"Come here baby, I got real nice present for you." His thought were pulls back to reality when his mother come closer and beckon him to follow her to the middle of the hall where a big thing were covered. The maids immediately pulls the White sheet and reveal a huge piano to the whole eyes of those were present. 

Yoongi gasps, slowly turns his gaze from the piano to his mother. "Is this really for me? like really mine now? you really bought this for me?" Yoongi was a little taken aback. 

"Yes, son.. your mother chose this one for you. Go on," His father pat Yoongi's hair again as his wife begin to placed kisses all over Yoongi's face.

The boy runs his fingers on the notes, feelings the love and passion flows through the veins for this thing that he once proudly calls as his true love. The only thing that kept him accompanied during his bad days or when he were left alone on his own at home. Yoongi sits on the bench and take a deep breath before he begans to put on a little show for the guests. Showing off his talent and worth to those who doubt. He always closes his eyes and bops his head according to the music that he chose. 

He plays one of Yiruma's song. A slow and soft one which gradually turns faster as the music went on.

Totally absord with the music that the boy nor his parents notice of two pair of eyes glaring at them with hatres.

Only they have no idea the murderous intentions of that very particular gazes burning towards the blooming happiness of the family.

The song ends a little too soon as Yoongi smiles again at another round of applause appreciating the flawless performance. 

If only Yoongi had pay a little more attention to this unknown lingering feeling of uneasiness as his index and middle finger trails the key notes of the piano, he would then at least be warned of the ill fated of what the near fuuture holds for him.

Where literally nightmares is all there is for him to live with.

Yoongi looks at his mother's fond smile, his fathers proud arms crossed posture, then back to the piano beside him. 

 He could still felt the gazes towards him and his parents direction so he just can't help to scans around the hall. Every faces he could landed his eyes on or even the whole place. The maids, Wendy's bright smiles, Jungkook's playful expression, even Jackson's thumbs up.  

As if to savor the moments. 

If only he knows what awaits him.