Not Mine

If Only You Were Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOT MINE
 

“I want you back.”

 

                                       

 

 

Despite being drunk, Do Kyungsoo was able to comprehend every word in her question.

 

“Why did you cheat on me?” She repeated.

 

Baekhyun, equally shocked, turned his head to Hyejin and furrowed his brows. He never knew about this fact. He felt upset, disappointed, and not trusted. They had been dating for how many years and she never told him about this.

 

 

“I-It was…” Kyungsoo trailed, his face serious. He didn’t know how to explain it. But since he was far from being sober, he answered with transparency. “It was s-supposed to be a one-time thing. The first was accident—”

 

“And the succeeding ones were accident too, Kyungsoo?” She laughed albeit incessant tears kept staining her cheeks. “You ed my friend on my ing bed.”

 

“Why didn’t you confront me then? Did you have to use Baekhyun to get back on me? Hurt me?” Kyungsoo screamed in frustration. “All these years, I have been living with guilt and thought it was my karma for sleeping with Dahyun but that woman threatened to—” He hissed. “Whatever, you won’t believe me anyway. The fact that you never confronted me is a proof that you never truly loved or trusted me.”

 

“And the fact that you kept things from me proves that you truly love me?! Can you hear yourself Kyungsoo? What is this? An emotional manipulation? Because the last time I checked, it was you who first ed my friend and not the other way around!”

 

“!” Baekhyun punched the wall and laughed hysterically, losing his mind at the revelation and this messed up conversation. The two looked at his direction, mixed emotions painted in their faces. “Do you guys know what I’m hearing right now? Two drunk Protestant Christians who still love each other, two of the important people in my life who hurt each other but couldn’t be honest for years and finally detonating on this very day!” He was smiling, forcing himself to be exact, as salty tears penetrated his mouth. “What was my role in your life? Kyungsoo?” He looked at him. Then he turned to her. “Hyejin?”

 

Hyejin stilled on her spot and pursed her lips. She couldn’t answer his question.

 

“Was there even a day you loved me back? Or you just used me as a distraction? As a substitute for my best friend? A means to hurt him for your revenge? A ing item to cover whatever hole there was to make you feel complete?”

 

“Baekhyun…” She murmured, reaching for his hand. The male moved away.

 

“I tried my best. You know how hard I tried. , I even changed myself for you. Less partying, less joints, less whatever social s you hated.” He glared at her. “How about you? What did you do? Aside from still loving Kyungsoo?”

 

Words were trapped in her dry throat and all the thing she could do was cry and look at her feet. She didn’t even deny it because what was the point?

 

“And Kyungsoo, my great best friend. Aren’t you five years late? Why show up today when you could’ve done it years ago? Why now? Why? Because you cheated and it took you forever to gain courage? I didn’t expect that you are such a scumbag.”

 

Same as Hyejin, he didn’t give Baekhyun an answer.

 

“Well, guess what love birds? Have fun! This is our reunion day after all. Get back together now and be reunited for all I care.”

 

“B-Baek!” Hyejin reached for the hem of his clothes, stopping him from his steps. “Please… I’m sorry. Baek, please d-don’t go.”

 

He turned back at her with a pained smile, reaching for her hand and removing it from his. “This.” He pointed at the floor, pertaining to the whole situation. “This is the emotional manipulation you’re talking about, doll.” He shook his head and stared at the dark night sky. “And since you will have a hard time doing it, I’ll be the one to break up with you. I’m letting you go, Hyejin. There, problem fixed, isn’t it?”

 

“No!” She croaked out. “Baekhyun, will you please just hear me out—”

 

Byun Baekhyun hushed her by putting his index finger on her lips. “You had five years. Five years, Hyejin. You chose to keep me in the dark. I think that explains a lot.”

 

Then Baekhyun walked away without turning around, leaving Kyungsoo and Hyejin to themselves. Except that he didn’t actually leave but just hid, too weak to walk faraway. Also, jerk or not, he wanted to listen to how the two would settle things this time. If he had to experience such a heartbreak, he wanted to make sure that it was worth it. How selfless was that? These two people were that important to him regardless of the pain they had caused him.

 

Silence. There was a minute of silence between Hyejin and Kyungsoo.

 

“I want you back.” Kyungsoo broke the agonizing muteness but the woman didn’t respond. Not verbally. Her eyes conveyed something Baekhyun couldn’t see because of the angle.

 

The two exchanged meaningful glances, trying to gauge the whole situation. With careful steps, Kyungsoo cornered her on the wall and she closed her lids when she felt his breath brushing against her lips.

 

Kyungsoo kissed her and Hyejin didn’t push him away.

 

Baekhyun saw the scene with his two own eyes and that was enough.

 

Witnessing that explained a lot.

 

 

                                       

 

 

 

It has been a month without Hyejin. Four excruciating weeks of trying to move on— with him partying in California like it wouldn’t be enough.

 

Of course, it wouldn’t be enough. No matter how intoxicated or bombed he was, forgetting Kang Hyejin wasn’t as easy as riding the airplane and leaving everything behind.

 

Since their family company had a branch in South Korea and its headquarters was located California, it was convenient for him to go wherever he wanted, without worrying about becoming jobless. Being the heir of a conglomerate clan has always made life easier for him. But the thing about moving on? None of the riches, boozes or anything artificial could help him.

 

He laughed to himself weakly. It turned out that the person he has loved all these years was someone who used him. Who made a fool out of him. Did he hate Hyejin for it? Yes, he did but the ing love was much stronger than the hate, making him loathe himself even more.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter