FAQ.

  순간들: THE MOMENTS IN LIFE. please read may 20 update
 
 
 
faq
 
 
 
ZELO°
 
 
 
 
 
 
faq
︿
 
place one
1. WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH LGBT+ IN THIS STORY AND YOUR THOUGHTS?
i accept them and i want to try portraying them but i wrote about this matter in the cheatsheet because i wanted to make sure you guys know that there are allies or supportive households and communities around people who want to be out even with the heavy stigma in the society.
 
2. ARE 2002 LINERS ELIGIBLE FOR FACECLAIMS?
yes, it's the cut line for acceptable faceclaims because it's the youngest your characters can be in the story.
 
3. THERE IS NO LIST OF EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES IN THE YONSEI UNIVERSITY WEBSITE. IS THERE A LIST FROM YOU OR ARE WE ALLOWED TO CREATE OUR OWN?
there's no list so you're allowed to create and name them as you please. ideally, taking from other universities and dramas that depict clubs, there should be sports teams for virtually any sports in which the athletes compete under the university name in domestic competitions and national team selection. in addition to that, there should be a book club, photography club, two or three different busking bands, student union at department and university level, dance team, movie club, debate team, gaming club and english club.
 
4. THERE IS NO INFORMATION OF MINORS THAT CAN BE TAKEN IN ADDITION TO THEIR MAJORS. HOWEVER, IS IT STILL OKAY FOR STUDENTS TO TAKE MINORS ON TOP OF THEIR OWN MAJORS?
judging from my understanding of yonsei, it's highly rarely to have a minor outside of their field of study because the majors themselves are compact and hardcore. taking a minor would mean your character would have to attend another layer of classes on top of her mandatory ones. however, there are majors in the university that offer concentrations or specializations in their curriculum thus many students list that as their minors in their CVs instead.
 
5. SOME COURSES THAT I HAVE RESEARCHED ON DID NOT HAVE A LIST OF MODULES THAT CAN BE TAKEN BY THE STUDENT. IS IT ALRIGHT IF I EXCLUDED AN IN-DEPTH TIMETABLE DETAILING THEIR LESSONS AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES FROM MY APP(S)?
that's totally fine! i just need to know the time frame in which your character is attending classes and is at the campus. if you'd still like to make a timetable, you can take references from US, UK or any non-korean universities who have those lists of lessons shown.
 
6. I NOTICED YOU INCLUDED HARANG INTO TML. CAN YOU PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION REGARDING HER?
when it comes to harang's personality, i imagine her to be a feisty girl who can make friends easily and when needed, finishes what her work is on time without slacking off. deep down, she can be a whiny princess who thinks of herself first (for survival sake) and has a big ego to match with the stubborn head and impulsive conscience she has.

other than that, she doesn’t have a sibling and her background is what you see in the character page: heiress raised in the showered riches and attention of her parents who treat her like a gem. she has never felt poverty and has lived quite a lavish life so far with her school breaks spent abroad and she is the rich kid that has a separate place for designer bags.

7. IS IT OKAY IF I ASSUME THAT BOTH THE COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING MAJOR AND COMPARATIVE LITERATURE MAJOR WILL TAKE 4 YEARS TO COMPLETE?
it is, since the standard completion for college majors in sk is 4 years excluding possibilities of military enlistment or absence of leaves! for compsci and engineering major, i don't think they're a double major and computer science and industrial engineering compliment each other (from what i've heard from my enginerring major friends) so i think yonsei is meshing the two together as a single major! comparative literature would mean that you'd be learning all sorts of literature styles or languages and would have to compile a thesis that compares two of them, i think.

8. DOES THE MYUNGHWI ART FOUNDATION ALSO COVER MUSICIANS?
myunghwi arts foundation covers a classical orchestra and has a concert hall for the myunghwi harmonics and any visiting or touring foreign orchestras to perform in. if that's what you mean by musicians! i forgot to mention this since i realized i put too much focus on dancers and ballet within the foundation.

9. CAN YOU TELL US A BIT MORE ABOUT BOREUM AND HOW HER PARENTS FOUND MYUNGHWI? IS SHE STILL THE SAME AS THE 청춘시대 APP?
she is! (here is the link of that original app if there's someone doesn't know what app is being referred to). perhaps the only different point is that her traumatic fall happened when she was twenty five (2015) and an active ballerina under the birmingham royal ballet. that's when she returned to korea and it was in 2017 that she claimed the ownership of myunghwi.

the passing of her parents happened during her studies at UK when she was seventeen (2007) so she had to urgently take a few days off of school to plan and stand at their funeral ritual. after the death of the two parents, families from both her father and mother worked to sustain myunghwi as main stakeholders until the day comes when boreum walks in as the rightful owner of myunghwi.

about myunghwi itself, it was found in summer 1986 by boreum's mother after she became a fine arts professor as a means to educate and create a community where art is not just "fine" and can be appreciated by many different people. the foundation managed to contribute as a part of the dancing ensemble at the 1999 asian games opening ceremony performance and honestly, that was when everything really started to take off for the foundation itself.

10. WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE TOKYO OLYMPICS? WILL THE BEIJING 2022 BE COVERED IN THE STORY IF IT'S SET IN 2021?
tokyo 2020 will go as planned in 2020 in this story so we'll be able to cover 2021 as the post-olympics situation with the tournaments and championships that happen following the olympics. for the beijing 2022, it might be covered in-story depending on the starting date since beijing 2022 happens in february! but until then, winter olympians in the story will be covered in their final days before departure and whatnot!

11. ARE THE UNI AND THE TRAINING CENTER SEPARATE OR TOGETHER? WOULD ATHLETES ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY AND STAY AT THE CENTER? IF THEY ARE OLDER OR OUT OF UNI, WOULD THEY JUST DO THE TRAINING CENTER? IF THEY DIDN'T DO UNI AND JUST DO SPORTS?
the training center is the national one run by the government and is one of three that's being used! student-athletes who make it to the training center would have gone through the grueling national selection process so it's also possible that you can make an athlete that competes only at domestic/national level. not all athletes are regulars at the national team since they come and go according to their performance, after all.

since one of the characters yeonwoo is a student-athlete, i decided to insert jincheon because it'd be the one that'll be mentioned since that's where his sport will train before beijing 2022.

your character would attend university physically (like actually go to campus) when it's off-season and be granted a certain amount of leaves or participation through online or what not by the university. if they're older and out of uni, they'll be able to spend more time at the center only especially when it's the active season but in many cases, since you need money and sponsors to fund your activities, older athletes would either have paid promotions and be apart of a professional team for domestic competitions and national selection! it's possible for athletes to forego university since the minimum is that they graduated high school but that'd mean they'll have to go into a professional team straight away.

12. I WAS WONDERING IF THE HWANG-OK GROUP AND/OR THE LEVEL STATION COMPANY WOULD SPONSOR GAMERS OR EVEN HAVE PRO E-SPORTS TEAMS, SIMILAR TO HOW T1 IS OWNED BY SK TELECOM?
i think it's totally possible and level station can sponsor games and develop their own pro e-sports team! it's a good business prospect that's worth expanding if you're hwang-ok and level station so go for it! i'll give you guys the freedom to decide on the name as well.

13. DOES MY KID HAVE TO WORK IN ONE OF THE FACILITIES/PLACES YOU PROVIDED HERE? LIKE IN ROBINSION OR YONSEI, OR MYUNGHWI, ETC.
actually, no! your character doesn't have to work that the facilities/places already provided. the places mentioned are ones that are already included due to the current roster but hopefully, if other apps branch out of said facilities/places, i'll add them into that page so that everyone will be able to familiarize themselves with it!

14. WOULD IT BE OKAY IF MY CHARACTER HAS A KID?
no problem here from me! just make sure to include the fc, birthdate, age, brief personality and other important details of the child in your app!

15. WHEN DOES THE PROGRAMMING CLUB MEET?
they usually schedule gatherings on wednesday and thursdays but depending on the situation (a big event ahead or a coding/programming competition ahead), the club can meet more frequently. this also includes meeting outside the official club room.

16. IN TERMS OF MAKING A SUMMER OLYMPIAN, IT'LL BE OK TO CHANGE HISTORY FOR THE FIC IF WE GO THE ROUTE OF APPLYING WITH SUMMER OLYMPIANS?
sure, it'll be okay! for example: korea didn't send any female tennis players and only 2 female gymnasts to tokyo, right? but you can adjust so that they were sent to tokyo or added to the roster of athletes that were sent.

17. WHAT WILL BE THE SEASON THAT'S HAPPENING IN-STORY IN TERMS OF WINTER OLYMPIANS?
for the current winter olympians, they'll be following the 2021-2022 season from what i've gathered from one of the short track skaters' vlogs.

18. WHEN WILL THE STORY START? WHAT'S THE ROUGH STARTING DATE?
i want the story to start in the summer break transitioning to fall semester depending on the apps! in korea, i think that’s either august or september. according to yonsei's academic calender, the 2021 fall sem starts on august 30th (thank you to emily who checked this out for me!)

19. IS MYUNGHWI A PART OF YONSE LIKE JUST THE ARTS DEPARTMENT ESSENTIALLY? OR IS IT A SEPARATE INSTITUTION FROM YONSEI?myunghwi is a separate entity entirely from yonsei! it’s not a part of yonsei at all but nowadays, it can be viewed as a partner insitution of yonsei in the performing arts or classical music area because students can apply for internship programs or lessons there and on certain occasions, there can be facility tours, seminars or performances held at myunghwi where yonsei students can attend for free as a part of the partnership!

myunghwi does provide classes for the public and performing arts programs for kids who want to pursue it seriously as well as scholarships!

20. WHAT CLASSIFIES AS "OFFICE WORKER"? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?
it can mean two things, essentially: 1) an university graduate who is currently working in an office or corporate setting, and 2) a working adult of any occupation. i should've word it as "working professional" or something like that but it slipped off of my mind so you can go for freelancers, influencers, researcher, etc.

21. DOES YONSEI AND ROBINSION HAVE AN ATTACHMENT PROGRAM WHERE A YONSEI STUDENT IS ATTACHED TO A FOREIGN STUDENT FROM THE INTL COLLEGE, OR IF YONSEI OFFERS FOREIGN EXCHANGE PROGRAMS?
i don’t think they do? i’ve never heard of such system being used in SKY because the two curriculums can be rather different and they have their own staff and student bodies that could help with adaptation but yonsei does offer foreign exchange programs with partner universities from other countries! 

22. WHAT'S THE EXACT TIMELINE? WHY IS HAESOL STILL A 4TH YEAR IN 2021 WHEN HE COULD'VE GRADUATED IN 2019?
the timeline will be around the 2021 fall semester in august 30th or september. for haesol, he had enlisted after his freshman year! that's why he's technically two years behind compared to real time students.

for those creating male characters, please keep in mind of military enlistment as it usually sets back their university studies by two years unless they managed to get a gold medal in the asian games or any medal in (winter or summer) olympics or exemption due to health conditions (physically very severe and is harmful in the long-term or due to their mental health). if the story were to start, i'd still ask you guys anyways but it'd be much appreciated to have it stated in the trivia section, thank you!

23. WOULD YOU BE OPEN TO HAVING STUDENT CHARACTERS BE IN DIFFERENT UNIS OTHER THAN YONSEI? OR WOULD YOU PREFER THEM ALL TO BE ENROLLED IN YONSEI?
i’m okay with the student characters being from other unis so don't worry about the university where your character studies!

24. IS THERE ANY AGE LIMIT FOR LOVE INTERESTS ? I SAW IT WAS 19-32 FOR CHARACTERS, IS IT THE SAME FOR LOVE INTERESTS ?
for love interests, the same age range applies though it'd be best to refrain from big s (or even student x office worker relationships) and the largest gap i can personally handle to write is 5 years.

25. QUESTION
answer.