Recognition

1987
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14.05.1987
 

"I Just died in your arms tonight .."

 

 

 Electric notes caused by a weeping guitar filled the atmosphere after the first phrase sung in acapella, organic music was present filling the small atmosphere accompanied by loud screams and applause from the audience in genuine joy.

 

 

 He found himself illuminated by the main spotlight, in front of a small expectant crowd;  Dancing to the rhythm of the notes.  His voice, taking on the raspy tone of melancholy at that moment, gave him the privilege of being the main singer and figure of that well-known cover band in the small town where they resided.

 

 

 -

 

 

 "I like your cut ..." Was what was heard from the lips of the female.  She caressed his chest with the use of his right hand in turn, her left adorned with colorful bracelets, tangled her phalanges on the tips of the chestnut mullet;  Iconic of himself.  He was limited to observing her with a raised corner of his mouth, he encircled her waist with the use of his right hand while body rested on the edge of the bar.

 

 

 One night stand, it was something that came out after every gig.  Girls, drinks ... After playing a couple of songs he could classify it as his escape from reality;  Working at a family records store in a boring little town in the mid-eighties… Scheduled every Saturday night.

 

 

 "I've seen you at Munoize Records ... I really like your store, Lennon" She murmured against his ear, he could feel the delicate touch under the denim on the thin of his shirt;  Stealing a soft giggle from him.

 

 

 Kwon Jiyong, a thirty-two-year-old man better known as Lennon, anecdote of years spent in that small town.  Vocalist of “Peaceminusone” A small band started for fun in his last years of high school with three men whom he called his best friends, especially the youngest , Aristotle;  Man who already in his thirties, owner of the busiest cafeteria in the city, obtained his position as a guitarist in it.

 

 

 "Lennon, we must go now." A third voice cut through the atmosphere, drawing out the reddish aura that had formed in the small bubble.  He cursed to himself, only until the moment he met his gaze against the haggard eyes of others.  The look of supplication was present in his eyes, answered by a firm attitude, a serious face… even intimidating.  He hid his hands in his jacket, leaving a glance on the other's;  Who softly laughed giving way to her words "I know where to find you"

 

 

 -

 

 

 "What the Lennon?  seriously?"  The voice of the younger of both was present as they walked to his old truck, carrying a pair of amplifiers in his hands;  Despite the cold, he could feel his rage which seemed to be visible with the amount of steam that he escaped from his mouth as he spoke.

 

 

 "You broke with me" he just said, after loading the trunk;  He closing it with a sharp blow, fixing his gaze on the other's.  “Your father saw us and you preferred to listen to him rather than confront him… You are scared, Lee Seunghyun;  But since I already have a fame of you must maintain your heterouality "He spat, getting into the vehicle as a co-pilot.

 

 

 "You were picking up Blondie!"  He accused him, getting into the truck;  Slamming the door behind him.

 

 

 "Is it even weirder if I play both sides? "  He raised one of his eyebrows as he searched for a cigarette blindly in his jacket "... You also slept with her, that's why I met her Remember?"

 

 

 

 

 _Flashback_

 

 

 "I need to talk to Ari." His gaze was steady under the warm spotlight, behind the threshold of the front door.

 

 

 "You are not welcome here, JiYong" the man spat, starting to close the door in front of his face;  That man had little presence in his life, he could count the fingers of one hand the times he had started a conversation with him, he knew perfectly why ... The rumors.

 

 

 "I know he's at home" He put his hand to prevent the closure, entering with a single tack and thus going up the stairs.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter