Part 3 (FINAL)

At the End of the Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong let out a long sigh after seeing his best friend in their lounge's building. He was sitting there, smiling widely while looking at his phone. It seems interesting the way Jaehyun looked at it and he didn't even notice Taeyong's presence.

He's fine, alive and healthy while Taeyong is worried for nothing.

Jaehyun did it again.

"You seem fine and healthy." Taeyong muttered so Jaehyun stopped smiling and his gaze quickly found Taeyong's.

"Taeyong?"

"I understand we have our own privacy, but could you at least let me know where you are? I can't seem to stop worrying!" Taeyong yelled angrily, causing Jaehyun to gulp and look nervously at his best friend.

Jaehyun pressed his lips into thin lines and scratched his head.

"I--"

"Jaehyun, if you have a problem, please tell me and don't disappear. I didn't become your best friend for nothing? I'm texting and calling you but you're not replying again. I couldn't make it to your unit because you left already. I'm not intruding in your privacy and life, it's ing up to you what do you want to do in your life. My point is, just tell me where you are and stop making me worry. I asked your parents and they said they didn't know, now who I will I ask?" Taeyong continued and Jaehyun started to panic so he approached him gently and let him sit beside him.

Taeyong couldn't stop himself from venting his frustrations on the younger, he may be exaggerating, but what can he do when he can't stop worrying about Jaehyun? Nothing more than a single text message was sent to him the last time he called. He vanished again, and Taeyong began to worry. What if he did something wrong, and Jaehyun didn't tell Taeyong about it, and he sulked alone? How will they deal with it?

Taeyong is behaving in this way because this is the first time it has happened between him and Jaehyun. The whole day is not getting through without Jaehyun's call or text.

Jaehyun slowly drew Taeyong into his embrace, and the moment Taeyong felt the familiar warmth of the younger's grasp, he burst into tears. He yearned for him so much.

"I'm sorry Yong. I'm sorry for not informing you sooner, but I'm fine and don't worry about me. I'm just doing something important that I promised you I'd tell you about." He whispered in his ears.

It took them some time to calm Taeyong and when he finally did, Jaehyun patted his head.

"You miss me?" Jaehyun had the nerve to tease the older, which made Taeyong glared at him.

"Do you want me to beat you up? What are you really up to these days?"

"I can't tell you yet. But I promise you're the first one to know."

"Are you sure?"

Jaehyun nodded and pinched Taeyong on the cheek. "I'm really okay, and I'm sorry for making you worry."

"I hate you. Really."

"No, you love me." Jaehyun corrected him cheekily and smiled sweetly at Taeyong which made the latter blush.

You're right. I love you so much and it hurts.

"Cut it out. I'm still mad."

"Ahhh, what do you want? Chocolates? Macaroons? Milk Tea? Cake? I'll make it up to you." Jaehyun winks and he pinches Taeyong's cheek again. "And let's eat dinner together."

Taeyong let Jaehyun drag him to the nearest coffee shop since he couldn't resist Jaehyun at all because his heart is too fragile for him. Another thing was that he missed the younger so much, and it had been a long time since they had last seen each other.

"I'm really curious, Jae. What are you up to these days? Can you give me a hint? I don't want to look stupid if you will ignore me again." Taeyong pouted as he ate a piece of crepe cake.

"I didn't ignore you, Yong."

"All right, but could you tell me now?"

Jaehyun sighs as he sips an iced Americano. "Are you sure you want to know right now?"

Taeyong nodded quickly and smiled at him. So Jaehyun has no choice but to tell him. After all, it was Taeyong, and they were best friends.

"I like Jungwoo."

Taeyong's smile is slowly fading as a result of those unexpected words, and the delight of seeing Jaehyun earlier vanished instantly after hearing those words from Jaehyun.

"And I'm trying to pursue him. No, I am pursuing him."

Taeyong's eyes trembled as he looked at Jaehyun, his best friend, the one he had loved for a long time until now. "J-Jungwoo?"

"Mm." Jaehyun smiled and nodded. "At first, I was just curious about who he was, but when I first saw him, there was something about Jungwoo that I couldn't take my eyes off. He's very pretty, and when he looks at me, my heart starts racing. Isn't it cringey?" He added before giggling like a giddy teenager. "And listening to him became a hobby of mine. I'm sorry for telling you late, but I've been pursuing Jungwoo since meeting him that day."

In every words that came from Jaehyun's lips telling Taeyong his admiration about Jungwoo, his chest is tightening and his heart felt like it is shattering into pieces. Then he realized that his hunch was correct. Why did Taeyong didn't think about it in the first place? He should have trusted his instinct.

He didn't have time to think about it because his mind was preoccupied with Jaehyun's whereabouts at the time.

The way Jaehyun stopped after seeing Jungwoo that day? He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter