Part 1

At the End of the Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jaehyun!" Taeyong called his best friend, who had just exited his unit, and Jaehyun recognized his sweet voice and saw him smiling sweetly, which Jaehyun has always adored. For real, he will never get tired seeing those smiles from Taeyong.

They were college students with limited time to spend with each other, which made it difficult for them to hang out at times. College is stressful and exhausting so, they need to breathe and relax from time to time, and seeing each other to hang out isn't a bad thing either, even if it's for a short time.

They lived in the same building but in different units, one room apart, and when they had free time, Jaehyun and Taeyong would spend it together. It's fine because they share similar interests and are willing to try new things as long as they're together.

"Morning!" Jaehyun greeted Taeyong with a smile. The older's soft hair is a little messy, so Jaehyun reached for it to fix it, making Taeyong's smile widened. "Did you finish your design?"

Taeyong nodded happily and slowly took out his phone to show Jaehyun his most recent design, which he had just finished sketching the night before. Taeyong studies arts and fashion design, whereas Jaehyun is an entrepreneur.

"You can do it, I told you. You simply need to unwind for a few moments."

"Yeah, and thanks for sticking around and cheering me up, Jae. I was really stressed out yesterday." Taeyong pouted, so Jaehyun chuckled and lightly pinched his cheek.

"Silly. Always remember that I'm here with you."

Taeyong laughed softly as he wrapped his arm around Jaehyun's arms before leaving. They've always been like this, so it's fine, and Jaehyun doesn't mind as long as it's Taeyong. Taeyong is the most clingy and enjoys skinships the most, but only with people he is close to.

Since sixth grade, Jaehyun and Taeyong have been best friends. Jaehyun was a transferee at the time, but Taeyong was bullied and mocked. When Jaehyun saw the bullying, he quickly defended Taeyong and kept him by his side from that day forward, and no one has bullied Taeyong since.

When they became closer, they began to dream and set goals for themselves as they grew older, and because Jaehyun is naturally good looking, Taeyong frequently teases him that he will be a model someday, with Taeyong as his designer and Jaehyun representing his clothing line.

People have mistakenly assumed they were dating because of the way they treat and care for each other. Well, who would not?

Taeyong was present at every event in Jaehyun's life, and the same goes for Jaehyun. They never forget to be there for each other, whether they are having a good or bad day. After all, they'd already seen each other's frailties and broken days.

Their parents were also close, and they frequently celebrated Christmas and New Year's together.

And, of course, there is constant teasing from their families. When will they stop being best friends and start dating instead?

Well, Taeyong is asking himself the same thing.

"I'll stop here, and I'll see you later." Taeyong said as they came to a halt in front of their department building, which is also close to the Entrepreneurship building. That's why it's not that hard for them to see each other.

"Yeah. Lunch later and please don't choose Ten this time." Jaehyun pouted, making Taeyong giggled because he found it endearing.

"Silly, you weren't even available yesterday." Taeyong smiled.

"Alright." Jaehyun then pinched Taeyong's cheek lightly and left.

Taeyong isn't making assumptions, but he hasn't been in a relationship since meeting Jaehyun, and he hasn't heard of him dating anyone. Rumors were spreading, but Jaehyun just laughed about it and asked Taeyong if he really believed it because they were always together. So there's no way that the rumors are true.

Jaehyun received many confessions as well, but he always rejected them, which puzzled Taeyong. But Jaehyun told him that he simply isn't interested in anyone, which is also why he backed out of confessing his feelings.

Taeyong is aware that he has also fallen in love with Jaehyun. Who wouldn't?

At the time, Jaehyun was his only friend, and he would rather not confess than lose a friend like him.

Jaehyun is sweet, and he still is, and he always prioritizes Taeyong, even though he doesn't have to. He's also humble and responsible and loves his family so dearly. He's very smart and handsome, now how can he not fall for him? He's literally a husband material.

Then one day, he woke up and realized that Jaehyun was the one.

He's the one for him, and he shouldn't waste his time since they're not getting younger. He should ask Jaehyun.

But the problem is, he's scared of rejection.

What if Jaehyun only sees him as best friend?

"Christmas is near, now what? Your best friend is still not asking you?" Ten wonders. He's Taeyong's friend and classmate.

"No, not yet. I shouldn't be assuming things you know?"

"Right. But you like h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter