𝐎𝐧𝐞.

𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨


Fairy tale.

Cherry's life was so beautiful, that it could be easily regarded as a fairy tale. She was treated as the most delicate and the most precious diamond in the whole universe, by her parents. Pain and suffering never touched her. Her life was so happily perfect, even more than perfect that she would have never guessed, not even in her dreams, that life would turn tables on her; that her life was about to get upside down.

Her trance of being a princess of some fairyland broke when her parents met with a terrible car crash accident, which cost them their lives. She was sixteen, still a minor so her custody was taken by her uncle and aunt. Being the only heir of the company, she had to survive, not only for herself but for the company as well, as the company was the result of her parent's literal blood, sweat, and tears, their dream.

Her whole life came crashing down when her parents left her behind in the hands of her greedy uncle and aunt, who wanted to take over the company. But as cherry was the legal and rightful heir to the company, the only obstacle between them and the company; they decided to take her custody. By doing so, they could have total control over not only the company but also the heir.

Losing a parent could be painful, but losing both of them was a never-ending trauma, as though tearing her soul out of her body as if the life out of her eyes. She didn't know what to do anymore, her life purpose seemed like a question mark and she didn't know how to move on from such a huge loss. It was like an enormous hole, a void that had been built in her heart that nobody would ever, not in a million years, could fill.

After moving in with her Uncle and Aunt, against her will as she had no other choice, she was all but a living dead. Every breath she breathed, with every heartbeat beating; she was losing herself. She felt like she was falling, into a dark abyss with no end, no light, no air. Empty just like her life.

But she was a warrior.

It took a hell lot of time to collect the broken pieces of her soul, but she did it, she collected them and sewed them back. She couldn't just give up on life, her parents had never raised her to live a life like this— hollow and purposeless. Although she had problems with adjusting to her greedy, voracious guardians, she tried with everything in her power to be adaptable to the new environment.

She continued her education, paying attention to her studies so that she can get enrolled in Seoul National University in Fashion Designing course. It was difficult for her, from living a fairytale life to barely living a life according to her will. As she was growing up, her right to make decisions for her life was taken away by her so-called guardians, she wasn't even given choices; she was handed only orders, forced to carry out their demands and the choices they made for her. It was frustrating but she had no choice but to oblige. For now.

Luckily, she got accepted at Seoul National University and it surprised her to core when her uncle actually allowed her to pursue this career. She was on cloud nine, the happiest she had been since her parents' demise. She recited a quick prayer thanking the gods and her parents— whom she believed has now become her guardian angels looking over her from heaven.

Fashion designing was like in her genes, as if fashion was flowing in her very veins. She was a natural, a god-gifted talent of designing was bestowed upon her. But that was not even remotely shocking, given that her parents were renowned designers in the whole world.

By the time she turned 22, she had managed to become one of the most capable designers of the University. 'Goddess of Designing' some may call her. Her designs were even more vivid and unique than her parents. Her teachers were sure that one day, she would beat her own parents and become even more successful.

Things were going back on the track for Cherry, well, that was what it seemed to the world. However only she knew that behind this smiling facade, was a girl who cried herself to sleep, who was so helpless as she was unable to make her life choices and; was sort of pushed to the very edge by her guardians, where she had stopped reaching out to people. She barely talked to anyone.

But that too changed; as happiness does not stay forever, so does not sadness. Her life took a sharp turn when she saw him for the first time.

Kim Namjoon.

The moment she saw him, she knew it was love at first sight as her heart was doing somersaults inside her ribcage, her breath got hitched in the back of and her knees were seconds away to give up.

Kim Namjoon, was the youngest CEO of Kim Softwares— one of the leading companies in the world. He was very well known, his face was displayed every now and then on the front page of newspapers and magazines. He was godly, she had heard about it, but when she saw him, she couldn't believe her eyes that he could be real.

She saw him in one of the business parties she was forced to attend by her uncle. She was taken aback as this was the first time she was ever asked to tag along to the party, not that she ever wished to go, but she saw this as a significant opportunity. Attending such parties was the easiest and most efficient way to develop contacts with other businessmen. Something she needed to do in order to take over her company from the claws of her uncle and aunt.

She could swear her heart stopped pumping the moment the hot CEO's eyes met hers. He gave his out-of-the-world dimple smile and nodded slightly in a curtsy. She felt.. dizzy. Heat flushed to her cheeks and she had to turn away quickly to save herself from embarrassment. The party could be considered to be fairly successful as she was introduced to many businessmen. But as if the luck wasn't on her side, she couldn't meet the one person she was so eager to see— Kim Namjoon. He had left the party early due to some personal reasons.

As though God had finally answered to her silent prayers, the dashing CEO ran into her, once again, in a restaurant where Cherry was leisurely sitting after her classes. She often went to different places such as restaurants, gardens, art museums, parks, and many similar places to gain inspiration, to cultivate ideas for her designs. Today, she decided to stop by this famous Japanese restaurant.

Little did she know, she would not only meet with new unique ideas for her designs but also to the man she was desperately yearning to see. Kim Namjoon was in the middle of his meeting when his eyes fell on the girl, and he immediately recognized her.

Cherry was a very attractive woman, a type of girl who would make a long-lasting impression in your mind. Someone who could not be easily forgotten. Her soft mid-length golden brown hair complemented her fair flawless skin, her straight nose with rosy cheeks, her amber eyes which were as clear as the sky, her jaw sharp enough to cut a cake was cherry on the top. Her pink lips were as soft as petals—

Namjoon knew who she was. He also knew what happened to her parents and he felt a bit of sympathy towards her. But he was also aware that the woman who sits in front of her is no weak, broken girl. She was a Queen, without a kingdom, but still a Queen. And he was intrigued by her would be an understatement.

As soon as the meeting ended— which he made sure to finish as early as he could— he strode to the table where Cherry was sitting, unaware of his presence, sipping her coffee and staring outside the window glass.

"Hi." He greeted as he stood in front of her.

Cherry turned her gaze away from the window to the man and the coffee in got choked in . She started coughing hard embarrassingly, placing a hand over the mouth, her eyes watering. Namjoon moved to her side instantly, handing her a glass of water, which she reluctantly took and drank. When her fit of coughing seized, he asked her softly if she was okay as he offered her a tissue to wipe her tears.

"I-I am sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He apologized sincerely.

"N-No. I am sorry. I wasn't expecting to see you here." She replied, giving a small embarrassed smile.

"Oh, were you expecting someone? I am sorry if I interrupted—" He began.

"No— I wasn't expecting anyone." She cut him off.

"Okay. I thought since last time we couldn't be able to greet each other, I should come and at least say hi today." He explained, curling his fingers on the top of the table as he stood in front of her.

"It— It was such a shame that we couldn't meet, but I am glad we met again. Please, join me if you are not very busy." She urged politely. Every part of her wanted him to join her. Her heart was racing at an uncontrollable speed.

"I am actually free right now, I am just with a meeting," he said as he took a seat in front of her "That's when I saw you. What are you doing here?" He asked as he grabbed the glass of water from the table.

"I was here to get some inspiration for my designs— I am a fashion designer." She explained, curling her strand behind her ear.

"I know who you are," Namjoon spoke as he drank the water, his eyes never left hers. Her eyes widened at the disclosure.

"Yes, Cherryshi, I do." He smiled "But most probably, you don't know me. I am—"

"Kim Namjoon. The Youngest CEO. Did you truly believe that I won't know you? Your face is on the cover pages of magazines and newspapers almost every day. I think everybody would recognize you with the oh-so-godly face you have, it's impossible—" Cherry shut close and then her eyes, in embarrassment. She shouldn't have said that out loud.

"What? Do you think I am handsome?" He teased, making her cheeks turn red.

"That would be an understatement." She replied in a low voice, staring at her fingers on her lap, but he managed to listen to it. He chuckled lightly which made her eyes shot towards his. The sound of his laugh was beautiful and only she knew how her heart swelled at that. She couldn't help but smile at him.

"You're a very beautiful woman, Cherry. I wouldn't even come close to your level." He gave his dimple chin.

"You're kidding."

"I am one hundred and fifty percent speaking the truth. Why can't you trust me?" He asked, pouting a little too cutely which made the girl giggle.

"You're so beautiful and so is your laugh." He continued, smiling fondly.

Cherry's cheeks felt as if they were on fire and she blushed looking away.

"Can you show me your designs?" Namjoon asked, staring at her pretty face "I mean only if you don't mind."

"Of course." Cherry met his gaze, her lips twitched as she handed her sketchbook.

"WOW." He exclaimed as he examined the different designs "You're a natural." He glanced at her, holding her gaze as he shook his head in disbelief, throwing his hands in the air,

"These—These are so beautiful, Gods, you're gifted."

"Thank you." Cherry grinned. She always loved it when someone praised her for her works, but getting praised by the person you're apparently in love with was— pure bliss.

"Would you like to design an outfit for me?" He asked, placing the sketchbook on the table.

"You want me to?"

"Yes please, I can pay you any amount of money, I promise." He said impatiently.

She laughed. "Sure, I would be honored to make an outfit for you, but I won't charge you, consider it as a gift from this gifted designer."

His dimple appeared as he chuckled.

"Well, okay, but since you're going to gift me an amazing outfit, how about I take you out for dinner? Not here, a restaurant far more popular than this one." He asked politely.

"Kim Namjoon, are you asking me out?" She teased giggling.

"What if I am?" He retorted immediately, making her breath hitched in the back of .

"I-I.. I was just playing with you." Cherry said, looking down as she fiddled with her fingers.

"No but I am serious," The gorgeous CEO spoke, making her stare at him in both surprise and shock.

"Cherry-shi, Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked frankly.

It was such a shocker for her, that she had to take a moment to process that the man she likes actually asked her out. There was no way she was denying the offer, hell, she would kill to go on a date with this man.

"Yes, Namjoon-shi. I would love to." She replied in a low voice, her heart thrumming in her heart. This felt unreal. This happiness, this kind of emotion for someone, was new for her.

Without delaying, Namjoon grabbed her small hand in his large one— which threw her off-guard — and walked out of the restaurant.

The date could only be described as an absolute dream. They went to a 7-star restaurant, outside of the city. The restaurant building was elegant, everything about it shouted royal. They sat on the rooftop, enjoying the night view, the lightings, the sky, the beautiful night-blooming flowers, and each other's company.

If this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up; Cherry thought, as she sat across the man she now knew she was utterly and helplessly in love with. They chatted about random things, about their hobbies, likes-dislikes, their hopes and dreams as they devoured the delicacies of the restaurant. They laughed, they teased, they flirted.

At some point in time, they exchanged their numbers and even started calling each other without honorifics as their friendship grew. Cherry learned how beautiful this man is, both inside out. And she felt proud to be in love with this man.

Both seemed happy, in their happy bubble. The beautiful memories of their first impromptu date would stay with them forever.

As Namjoon halted his car in front of Cherry's house, he glanced at her before grabbing her hands. He kissed the back of them softly, throwing her off-guard for the nth time today.

"Thank you for today." He said sweetly.

"Thank you for the amazing evening. It was— mesmerizing." She replied in a low voice, looking at their connected hands.

The car felt silent. None of them spoke. Cherry was in a daze, totally awe-struck. She wished she could go on such dates with him in the future too.

Cherry glanced at him, giving him a small nod before opening the car's door to hop out of it. Namjoon did the same, jumping out of the car and walking towards her side, he grabbed her one hand, once again.

"When are we meeting again?" He asked.

"We are meeting again?" She asked, dumbfounded.

"Of course. You promised me you are going to design an outfit for me." He pointed, smiling cheekily.

"But that doesn't need us to meet. I can design it on my own." She replied, playfully.

"Sure but I want to watch you while you draw." He admitted in a low voice.

"You'll probably get bored— What???? Watch me drawing? Like seriously?" Her eyes widened as she spoke.

"I won't get bored, but Cherry, tell me, Are you really that dumb or you're pretending to be dumb?" He asked, smiling amusingly.

"What— I am not dumb." Her nose flared as she pouts slightly.

"Then.." Namjoon pulled her closer to his body, as his hand curled around her waist, making her gasp.

"Why don't you understand that I am truly interested in you and I desire to go on many more dates with you."

She swallowed thickly as her cheeks turned red again. Every part of her body which was in physical contact with Namjoon was on fire.

"You— really?" She asked in disbelief. She has never been asked out by men— she never paid attention to them, so this was new to her. On top of that, being asked out by such a breathtaking man you are supposedly in love with was ethereal.

"Yeah. I want you to be my girlfriend. I like you already. I know it's too soon. It's like I have never felt this for anyone and it may sound creepy—" He began

"Yes." She announced, "I want to be your girlfriend too." She smiled, happy tears blinding her vision but she smiled. Namjoon hugged her tightly.

Only after what seemed like hours did they let go of each other and promised to meet each other tomorrow, before bidding their bittersweet goodbyes.

This was how their story began.

This was the beginning of an end.

 

 

**********

My lovely readers,

I hope you liked the first chapter, I am pretty excited to know how you feel about it.

Please drop comments, and vote.

__

To My Bong,

I really hope you liked this story. I wanted to write it in the best way possible. It is not boring, is it?? I don't want to be a disappointment. Ahh I am a bit nervous :(I really wish you like this Birthday Gift of yours. I love you <3

Happpy Birthday !!!
Here's to many many Birthdays to come, to us, our bond and our feelings🥂