fin.

Next Time

--

 

This is solely fictional and is purely based on the writer's mind. 

 

--

 

 

"Yujin-ah! What's taking you so long? I have a date with Wonyoung! I don't want to make her wait."  Yujin hears her best friend shout from outside her room, "Aish. I'm almost done!"

 

She comes out of her room, already dressed up and saw her best friend lazily seated on the couch. "Yah! Kim Chaewon! I'm done."

 

"Goodness. What took you so long?" she sat properly this time, facing Yujin. "I had trouble looking for my shoes."

 

"Okay. Let's go now, Wonyoung's probably there already." 

 

 

The moment they got outside the apartment, Yujin asks her friend, "Why did I agree to this again?"

 

"Because we asked you nicely" she snickered after hearing Chaewon's answer, "Pfft. Ask nicely my foot. You guys obviously forced me."

 

Yujin's best friend laughs, "Hey come on now, don't be like that." 

 

She just rolled her eyes and noticed that they're in front of Chaewon's car. They both got in and left after receiving a message from Wonyoung.

 

"Yah, Yujin-ah." she looks up at her, "I know we just forced you into this whole blind date thing, but I hope you'll have fun later. And also, please take care of her later, or else Wonyoung will seriously beat your up if she ever finds out that something wrong happened. She's been down because of her best friend for a couple of days now, I don't want to see her like that." she nodded, despite having zero idea what her best friend meant.


When they arrived at the coffeehouse, her eyes landed on the person who was sitting beside Wonyoung. She looks....ethereal, Yujin thought to herself. Both of them walked towards their table, Chaewon was all smiles while approaching her girlfriend while Yujin was, well, let's just say that the she was too mesmerized by the beauty in front of her that she had already forgotten the ability to talk or even react. In short, she was spacing out.


But Yujin doesn't notice this, not until she hears her best friend calling her name, "Yujin-ah", she then snapped out of it. 

 

"W-What is it?" Chaewon points at the beautiful stranger, "This is Minjoo. Minjoo, Yujin."

 

The beautiful stranger, Minjoo, holds her hand out for a shake. And so Yujin does the same. After that short introduction, the couple bid goodbye and left the both of them. 

 

It was awkward. Yujin admits it. So she decided to start a conversation, popping the imaginary bubble that's stopping both of them from starting a conversation. 

 

"So, uhm, Minjoo-ssi, how old are you?" she started while grabbing a bite of the chocolate cake in front of her, "I'm 24 years old. How about you, Yujin-ssi?"

 

"We're the same age actually. Daebak. I never thought we would have the same age. You look-"

 

"Old?" Minjoo cuts her off, making Yujin slightly laugh, "No. You look quite young actually." she says with a toothy grin, and Minjoo laughs because of it.

 

"Don't you think this coffeehouse is too boring? I know an arcade right around the corner. Wanna go there?" 

 

Minjoo breaks out a wide smile, "Sure."

 

 

"Hey that's unfair! You cheated didn't you?" Minjoo whines in front of her, while Yujin just laughed at her, waving the toy gun above to .


"Nope. I guess I'm just good at this." Yujin said smugly, and Minjoo rolls her eyes at how confident the taller one sounded.

 

"Psh. Yeah, right. This thing must be broken." 

 

Both of them ended up laughing and then played with the other games there. Somehow, after spending almost an hour in the arcade, they end up playing the basketball game as their last game before leaving as what they had agreed on.

 

"Last! Last! Shoot! Score!" they both exclaim loudly, making everyone turn to their direction. "Sorry" both of them slightly bowed and left the arcade, laughing. 

 

"Woah! That was fun! I can't believe I never thought of going to the arcade before." they're now sitting outside the mini mart store near the arcade and ate again since all that playing made both of them hungry. 


"This is your first time going to an arcade?" Minjoo nods as a reply, "I was home schooled since I was 4 and it lasted until I was in second year high school. My parents are also so strict that's why I couldn't even think of going."

 

"Well now we know the reason why you always lose earlier." Yujin jokingly said, making both of them laugh. "Yeah. I guess so."

 

They both went silent afterwards, enjoying the comforting feeling of each other's presence. It was calm, silent, and comforting when a phone call broke the moment, "I'm sorry I need to answer this" Minjoo stands up as she answers her phone. Yujin just sat there, drinking the can of soda in her hand.


Minjoo then comes back, "Yujin-ssi, I hope you don't mind, my cousin's picking me up in a while. Thanks for today. I really had fun." the latter gives her a smile, and she smiled back. "I had fun also."

 

"Minjoo-ssi, I hope you won't mind me asking this but....is it by chance...okay if we...do this...again?" she shyly asks, scratching the back of her head due to embarrassment. 

 

"Sure, Yujin-ssi." she looks at Yujin, mirroring the same smile that she has. The two were too busy to in their own little bubble that they hadn't noticed a car is parked in front of them. 

 

"Minjoo!" someone calls for the girl beside Yujin. "Oh! Unnie! You're here already. That was fast." 

 

"Yeah. I was just around the corner so I got here quickly."

 

"By the way unnie, this is Yujin." Yujin held her hand out for a shake, "Hello. I'm Ahn Yujin. Nice to meet you."    

 

"Hi, I'm Kang Hyewon. Minjoo's cousin. Nice to meet you also." Hyewon mirrors the same act that Yujin did, shaking each other hands.

 

"I'll head back to the car first. It was nice meeting you, Yujin-ssi." 

 

"Well I guess this is goodbye." the taller chuckled, slightly sad at how this "date" is ending so quickly. "I guess it is."

 

"Thanks again for today." she gave Yujin a brief smile, "I have to go now." 

 

Just when she was about to open the car door, Yujin stopped her, "Wait. Minjoo-ssi." she looks back, "I enjoyed today as well. See you again next time, Minjoo-ssi."

 

"See you next time, Yujin-ssi." Yujin yet again witnessed that beautiful smile of Minjoo's with her indian dimple showing, "Wait Minjoo-ssi, one last thing."

 

"What is it, Yujin-ssi?" 

 

"It's Yujin." she said, which seemingly made Minjoo confuse based on how she reacted, "Call me Yujin." Yujin smiled, showing her infamous dimples.

 

"Well if that's the case, call me Minjoo also." Minjoo smiles back, "Bye, Yujin." she finally gets in the car, leaving Yujin alone.

 

Yujin kept smiling although she was alone. If anyone saw her, they'd think she's crazy. She ended up going home, that same smile still present on her face even when she was on her way to sleep.

 

--


Days passed and eventually turned into weeks, and yet Yujin still hasn't seen the girl whom she can't stop thinking about. She was about to ask her out. But just when she was about to do that, only then did she realized that she doesn't have Minjoo's number, so Yujin ended up bugging not only Wonyoung, but even Chaewon for it.

 

"Oh come on you guys, I just really forgot to get  her number. I really wanna see her again. Plus, we made a deal to hang out again." she continued whining at the couple in front of her,

 

"If you wanted to see her again, then why didn't you get her number?" Chaewon asks, "I said I forgot." Yujin continued whining, and her best friend continued to as well.

 

"Pretty please." Yujin pleaded with puppy eyes and pouty lips, "Fine! Fine! I'll give you Minjoo's number. Just promise never to show that face again when I'm eating mintchoco, or even when I'm not." Wonyoung finally gave in, a mortified expression present in her face, making Yujin smile. "Okay." she said all smiley and Chaewon just rolled her eyes.

 

As soon as Yujin got Minjoo's number, she did something she could've done earlier if only she didn't forget to ask for Minjoo's number. Yujin texted her.

 

"Hello."  Yujin typed and pressed the sent button. "Hello? Isn't that too boring?" she said to herself, "Aish. Whatever. I've sent it already."

 

It's been minutes and she still hasn't got any reply yet. So she sent another text. This time she introduced herself.

 

"Hello Minjoo. It's Yujin." she then got a reply from Minjoo almost immediately, "Oh hello, Yujin-ah."

 

"Yujin-ah! She called me Yujin-ah!" Yujin was cheering inside her room after reading Minjoo's reply, clearly happy.

 

"I'm sorry it took me this long to contact you, I had to ask your number from Wonyoung." 

 

She replied, "It's fine. I'm sorry I forgot to give you my number when we last met."

 

"Totally fine. I also forgot so, yeah." their conversation ended there, but Yujin didn't want it to, so she continues,

 

"Is it okay if I....call you?"

 

"Sure."

 

She calms her breathing, and maybe her heart also before pressing the call button, "Hello, again, Minjoo-ah. Can I call you that?" the girl from the other line laughs, "Of course."

 

"So...uhm...how have you been?" 

 

"I've been....normal?" Minjoo said, unsure.

 

"Well that's good for you." Yujin chuckles, and she hears Minjoo laugh also.

 

"So about that...date. Should I be calling it that? But yeah...about that...hang out...when are you free?" 

 

"I'm not available tomorrow since I have an....appointment somewhere, so maybe Saturday? Is that fine with you?"

 

"Yeah, yeah, sure. So I'll see you on Saturday then?" 

 

"See you on Saturday." there was a muffled voice calling for Minjoo on the other line, "Ah. That was my mom. I have to go now Yujin-ah, it was nice talking to you."

 

 "It was nice talking to you also. Bye Minjoo-ah." they both ended the call, wide smiles plastered on both their faces.

 

Yujin went through the day with a happy moood, hoping Saturday would come by quickly for her to see the latter again.

 

--

 

Saturday came by quickly, much to Yujin's own liking. And just like that, she's preparing for yet again another "date" with Minjoo. She had just finished preparing and checked her phone to see if there were any updates, and gladly, there were.


"Hey, Yuding-ah! I was just checking in to say that I think I might be a little late. There was a sudden problem here at home, but I'll be there. See you."

 

Yujin squealed while reading it, probably because of the name Minjoo called her. While waiting for Saturday to come, both of them became text buddies. And one time out of the blue, Minjoo suddenly called her that. And Yujin liked it. So much that her heart even skipped a beat. But she doesn't tell Minjoo this. 

 

Yujin snapped out of it and went to the coffeehouse where they first met. Both agreed to meet there, but they won't be staying there of course. Yujin actually plans on taking Minjoo to the movies, which is a bit cliche. But hey, who doesn't like movies right? 

 

Yujin ordered a caramel machiatto for herself and a latte for Minjoo, hoping she'll like it. She waited, and waited. But she doesn't mind waiting for Minjoo. She certainly doesn't. 

 

Just when Yujin finished her drink, Minjoo arrives and quickly scans the room, looking for her. Her eyes landed on Yujin's, and she immediately makes her way to the table.

 

"Hey sorry for being really late." Yujin smiled at her for assurance, "Hey it's fine. Here I bought you something. I didn't know what type of coffee you like so I just ordered this. I hope it's fine." 

 

Minjoo takes a sip of the coffee Yujin got for her, "Caramel latte?" the taller one nodded, "This is my favorite."

 

"Glad you like it." Yujin smiled widely at her, "So uhm shall we go? I brought my car with me today." they walked outside the coffeehouse, making their way to the car park. 

 

It wasn't that hard to spot Yujin's car since she parked it somewhere where they can easily see it, which worked since they saw it almost immediately.

 

"Hop in." Yujin said, opening the car door for her which Minjoo answered with a small "thank you." Yujin's heart fluttered because of it.

 

"Where are we going exactly?" 

 

"The moveis. There's this new movie that's showing so I thought maybe we could watch it together. I heard it's good though." Yujin answered while her eyes are still focused on the road. "You do like movies right?" 

 

"Of course! But I've only ever watched them on my laptop, and not on an actual cinema." 

 

"Well that's fine. This will be your first!" 

 

They both head to the cinemas, feeling happy and excited. 

 

When they arrived, "Joo stay here, I'll go buy the tickets first. And get some popcorn after. Stay here okay? I'll be quick." Minjoo nods, and that was Yujin's cue to go the counter.

 

"Hello good afternoon. Two tickets to this movie please." she payed for the tickets and bought popcorn and drinks after. She was struggling to hold it and Minjoo probably saw her so she went near Yujin, helping her out. They were both standing outside the cinema and they could already see the darkness coming from inside the room. So before going in, Yujin says something to her.

 

"Hey Joo, I hope you don't mind, but my eyesight's pretty bad. Would it be okay for you to hold me? Just so I won't trip or anything. But if you don't want to then it's fine also. I mean, I'm still basically like a stranger to you. And holding a stranger's hand is we-" Yujin continued blabbering, but stopped when Minjoo held her hand. "Let's go inside already, I think the movie's starting soon."

 

"O-Okay."

 

Minjoo guided them to their seats as the movie was starting. They both settled down and Yujin focused her attention on the movie showing in front, not on the woman sitting beside her. 

 

"Yudings what's the title of the movie again?" 

 

"Me Before You."


--


The movie had just finished and Minjoo is now bawling her eyes out, pretty much what everyone in the room is doing. Except Yujin, of course. Okay let's be honest here. Yujin did cry. But she's guessing Minjoo doesn't know since she's too busy crying. She gave Minjoo her handkerchief instead of using it for herself. Yujin figured Minjoo needed it more than she did. They both left the cinema and went to the nearest ice cream shop.

 

"Omaygadit! I still can't move on from the movie. I really admire Will for choosing himself first." 

 

"Yes. Will is a very admirable character. But I also admire Lou for what she did. I mean, she did everything she can to change Will's mind. But when she didn't she accepted it at the end. Damn. Their story hurts."

 

"True that." they were both sharing their thoughts about the movie they had just finished watching while eating their ice creams. It's true. What Will, one of the characters, did on the movie was very admirable. Yujin wished to do the same thing also. To chose herself first before others. But knowing her, that's most likely not gonna happen.

 

"How about you, Yujin-ah? If you were in Will's situation, would you have done the same thing that he did?" Yujin thought for a while before answering, "Hmm. I think I won't. I mean, it's not like I don't want to. It's just that, I wouldn't mind taking the risk, I wouldn't mind sacrificing if it means the people around me can be happy."

 

"Even if you've grown tired already?" 

 

"Even if I've grown tired." Yujin answered firmly. Yujin look at Minjoo as she looks at her with an amusing face. They continue to talk about stuff. Some of it are from the movie, some were about personal stuff. Let's just say that when the day ended, Yujin got to know Minjoo a little bit more than the past few days that they have been texting with each other. Progress. She's making progress.

 

--

 

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Compared to their first meeting when they barely knew anything besides each other's name and age, they could say that they've made great progress now. And they're still trying to get to know each other more. One thing Yujin learned about Minjoo is that she's actually a big fan of reading. So Yujin decicded to take her to the library.


"So, Joo-ah, what's your favoite book?" 

 

"It's Beach Read. My Dad got it for me when I was in high school. It's the one book I will never get tired of reading." 

 

"Oh. Is it that good?" 

 

She looks at Yujin in shock, "Good? That book's a masterpiece."

 

It somehow made Yujin smile with the way Minjoo described the book. "Okay, how about you let me read it someday?" 

 

"Sure sure. You can borrow it anytime."

 

"Sweet!" Yujin unconsciously exclaimed, quite loudly. Now the librarian's attention is on both of them, "Sorry" Yujin muttered quitely while bowing. 

 

Both went to the other aisle, hiding themselves from the librarian while laughing silently (if that's possible).

 

"Why'd you shout?" Minjoo ask, her laugh slowly subsiding.

 

"I didn't. Guess my voice is just naturally loud."

 

"Well yeah? Bet you screamed a lot as a child while watching horror movies." Minjoo teased. Yujin regrets telling her that one story of how she screamed throughout the whole movie as a child. 


"Hey, it was a one time thing okay." she defended yourself.

 

"Yes. It was a one time thing because-"

 

"Because I never watched horror movies after that." Yujin sighed. Minjoo went over to her and pinched both her dimpled cheeks, "Aw that's okay, Yudings. Even big babies gets scared sometimes."

 

Minjoo just keeps teasing her huh? "Meanine."

 

"Hey hey, kidding." Yujin still continued sulking and pretended to ignore her.

 

"Are you seriously gonna ignore me?" she didn't answer, "Fine. Guess I'll have my own sleepover then-"

 

"I was just joking."

 

"Should I be laughing then?" Minjoo ask sarcastically, making Yujin roll your eyes. This often happens. Both of them bickering over nonsense stuff. But they don't mind. None of them does.


"We should go now. I think Chaewon and Wonyoung are there already."

 

"We should. But let's stopover and buy some food first." 

 

Today the four of them, and by four I mean Yujin, Minjoo, Wonyoung and Chaewon, decided to have a sleepover at Minjoo's place. This is actually Yujin's fourth time visiting Minjoo's house. The first two was when she dropped her off after their "hang out" and the third one was when Minjoo's mom invited Yujin over for dinner after dropping Minjoo off. Yujin honestly didn't think that day would come. Well she did, just not that soon. 

 

They have arrived at Minjoo's house after stopping by at the convient store for some snacks and they were greeted by Mrs. Kim, "Oh hey, you two are here already. So, how was your date?" 

 

"Mom, for the ninth time, it's not a date."

 

"Sure sweetie whatever you say." Minjoo smiles at her mom and gives her a kiss on the cheek before going inside.

 

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Kim." Yujin greeted and bowed polietly. The older Kim chuckled and patted her back, "No need for formalities dear. Come on now, go inside so you guys can start your sleepover." she nodded along and proceeded to Minjoo's room upstairs. 

 


When Yujin opened the door to Minjoo's room, the sight of the couple flirting was the first thing Yujin saw. She made a gagging noise which caught both of their attention. 

 

"You guys are gross." Yujin said and Chaewon raised both her fist and bumped them together in a sideward manner. It's a thing they both know. 

 

"Well hello to you too, Yujin." Wonyoung sarcastically said and Yujin just rolled her eyes at the slightly taller one. Yujin scanned the room looking for Minjoo, but she couldn't see her so you decided to ask them.

 

"Hey, have y'all seen Minj-" just then, Minjoo already went out of the bathroom wearing her onesies. "Cute" Yujin thought to herself while looking at her.

 

"So who's next?" Minjoo asks, referring to the next person who's gonna use the bathroom.

 

"I'll go." Wonyoung stood up and went to the bathroom.

 

The four of them are now dressed up in their sleepwears and are just starting to prepare for the night. Wonyoung and Chaewon volunteered to get the food downstairs while Yujin and Minjoo fix the room. Minjoo was busy clearing out the bed while Yujin was tidying up some stuff in the study table to create more space for the food. While cleaning, Yujin's eyes landed on a paper that has 'BUCKET LIST' written on it, she got curious, so she decided to ask Minjoo about it.

 

"Hey Joo," she stops what she's doing and looks at Yujin, "What's this?"

 

"Oh, it's my bucket list. Just a list of things that I want to achieve."

 

"Mind if I...look? That is if you're fine with it, of course."

 

"Sure." Minjoo's now standing beside Yujin as she reads the contents of it.

 

김민주's Bucket List

1. Learn how to ride a bike
2. Watch the stars with someone
3. Go to the beach
4. Adopt a dog
5. Go on a long drive
6. Watch a fireworks display
7. Ride a ferris wheel and take a selfie there
8. Watch the sunset and sunrise
9. Go to prom
10. Fall in love

 

"I know it's a bit cliche, but I seriously wanna accomplish all of it."

 

"Will accomplishing this make you happy?" Minjoo was stunned by her sudden question, "Eh? Why the sudden question?" 

 

"Just answer me please." Yujin said with a pout, "Yes. Yes it will."

 

"Okay then, I'll help you."

 

"You'll what?" she placed the paper down and went near Minjoo, "I'll help you."

 

"Why?" Yujin shrugged, "Just because." 

 

Of course Yujin had her reason. She wanted to see Minjoo smile. Her smile was too genuine. It was too pure. And so Yujin wanted to protect it. So she did this. She was too engrossed at the thought of protecting Minjoo's smile that she didn't even consider the possible consequences that might affect her. 

 

--


Just like what she told Minjoo when they were having a sleepover, she stayed true to her words and helped Minjoo accomplish the things listed on her bucket list. Right now, they're inside an animal shelter, busy scanning the dogs individually.

 

"Yujiin-ah," she called out for Yujin, "Oh? Have you chosen already?" Yujin asked Minjoo but her attention was caught by one dog who kept looking at her.

 

"Nope. It's so hard to choose when there's so many options." she must've noticed Yujin eyeing a certain dog, "Is there a problem?"

 

"A-Ah? N-No. This dog just caught my attention. Look, isn't it the cutest?"

 

"Do you like it?" 

 

"Well I do. I think it likes me too." she smiled and focused her attention back on the dog, "Hey there little fella." she offered her hand and started playing with the cute little dog.

 

Yujin was too busy focusing on the dog that she didn't notice Minjoo talking to one of the staffs, "We'll adopt this one please." the staff gladly nodded and prepared the documents needed.

 

"Hey Yudings," 

 

"Awe, is it time to go home already?" she whined like a child, "I wanted to play with the puppy more."

 

"You can, because we're adopting it." 

 

Her thoughts were flooded with what Minjoo said. "Wait, did she just say "we"? We're adopting this puppy? Like...together? We're fur parents now? Me and...Minjoo? Omaygadit."

 

"Ya Ahn Yujin." she snapped back from her thoughts and processed everything that's happening at this very moment.

 

"Really?!" Minjoo happily nodded. 

 

Soon enough the documents were handed to them as well as the puppy. Yujin couldn't even stay away from him even for a second. Yes, the dog is a he. They learned some basic info about him like his gender, he's a Mini Bichon Frise, and he's currently 2 months old. They also learned that he was found by the staffs in the shelter together with his mom that sadly passed away just a few weeks ago.

 

They got in the car, on their way home yet Yujin still won't let go of him. Minjoo even had to trick her just so Yujin could let him go. She ended up sulking because of it.

 

"Hey, are you still upset? You know you can't hold him while driving right?" Minjoo softly said as she patted Yujin's shoulder. Her pout grew bigger, Minjoo's smile aslo did. 

 

"Okay how about this, I'll let you name him. How's that?"

 

This caught Yujin's attention and made her face Minjoo quickly "Are you really serious about that?"

 

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

 

"It's not like I don't want to, but Joo-ah that's your dog."

 

"It's ours, Jin-ah. It's both our dog."

 

"Really? It's ours?" she asked all smiley, earning a nod from the latter.

 

"Hmm. I've thought of a name already."

 

"That quick?" Yujin shrugged with a smug expression, "Okay then, what is it?"

 

"Azzo. Cute isn't it?" Minjoo nods with a smile, meaning that she approved.

 

"Azzo" she faced the dog, "Hi azzo-ya. Do you like your name?" Minjoo talked to the dog and was answered by a bark. Both of them were all smiles while casually jamming to the music playing and ocassionaly talking to azzo and would always be answered by a bark. If anyone saw this view, they'd say that they look like a happy family with azzo as their son. 

 

김민주's Bucket List


1. Learn how to ride a bike
2. Watch the stars with someone
3. Go to the beach
4. Adopt a dog
5. Go on a long drive
6. Watch a fireworks display
7. Ride a ferris wheel and take a selfie there
8. Watch the sunset and sunrise
9. Go to prom
10. Fall in love

 

--


It was a weekend and Yujin decided to visit the Kim Residence to spend time with Azzo, and well, Minjoo also. She just got there and the person who opened the door for her made her extremely nervous.

 

"M-Mr. K-Kim, good a-afternoon, I'm here to v-visit A-Azzo." the man in front of Yujin gave her a stern look which made her shriek.

 

He then takes his eyes off her, "Minmin-ah! A puppy is here! Would you come down please."

 

"Dad? Puppy? But Azzo's here with me." Minjoo goes down stairs and saw Yujin. The nervousness of facing Mr. Kim suddenly faded. But it was brought back when he gave her a stern look again.

 

Minjoo must've felt the nervousness in Yujin's system and told her Dad that she can manage from here.

 

"Here take a sit first. I'll get azzo upstairs." she scanned the whole living room, her feet anxiously kept on tapping the ground.

 

"Hey don't worry, Dad's already in there room." what she said made Yujin relaxed, she won't deny that fact. Mr. Kim still makes her coware in fear. "I'll be quick." 

 

Yujin sat there and observed the pictures being displayed. There were tons of pictures of Minjoo when she was growing up. But not once was it taken outside. She starts to wonder what kind of childhood Minjoo had for her to never fully experience the life outside. 

 

But she doesn't ask her this. At least not yet. 

 

Yujin hears a bark and this immediately puts a big smile on her face. Azzo comes running to her place with his cute little tail wiggling.

 

"Hi, azzo-ya. Did you miss me? Did you? Huh? I'm here now." Yujin asked as she carry him in her arms. He barks and the side of Minjoo's face, this probably answered her question that indeed he did. 

 

"What do you want to drink?" Minjoo ask,

 

"Water would be fine." she answered, still busy playing with Azzo.

 

"Hey Joo-ah I was just thinking, maybe we could bring Azzo to the beach tomorrow? You know, an overnight trip? We could also bring Chaewonie and Wonyoungie. Even Hyewon unnie and Eunbi unnie can come." Yujin was hoping Minjoo would agree with what she had suggessted. Besides the fact that she wants to take Azzo to the beach, she also knows that going to the beach is one of the things listed in Minjoo's bucket list.

 

"Yeah, sure. I'll tell Hyewon unnie later."

 

"Okay then, I'll tell the other couple later as well."

 

 

The day ended full of smiles, laughters, and barks. The barks came from Azzo of course. Tomorrow came by just like that and they were all prepared. Yujin brought their family van and drove all the way to Minjoo's house where they all agreed to meet up. When she arrived there,

 

"Woah! Where did you get the van?" Chaewon asks as soon as they went outside and saw the van being parked in front of the Kim Residence.

 

"Dad let me borrowed it for a trip." Yujin said and helped load the stuff on the van.

 

"Of course, of course. Why do I keep forgetting that you're so damn rich." she rolled her eyes and continued loading the van. Unknown to her, Minjoo has actually been staring at her when Chaewon said that.


They started their journey on the way to the beach that apparantly is owned by Yujin's family. Yujin was the one driving while Minjoo was in the shotgun seat, Azzo sleeping on her lap. Meanwhile at the back, Chaewon and Wonyoung were there sleeping while Chaewon's head is placed on Wonyoung's shoulder. Eunbi was also sleeping while Hyewon was busy playing with her dog, Zeze. Yujin's actually happy that Hyewon brought her dog along. Azzo can have someone to play with. 


After that long drive on the way to the resort, they finally arrived. The resort's staff rushed to help them with the things and welcomed them.

 

"Welcome back Ms. Ahn! And Ms. Kim too. I see you've brought company." 

 

"Yes. Chaewon keeps on bullying me if it's just us again. Yuna couldn't come this time though. Sadly."

 

"Well if that's the case, please send my regards to Ms. Shin once you return."

 

"Will do, Gowon." after the mini catching up with Gowon, they lead them to their rooms. Since there were only two rooms available in the resort, they all agreed to split into three. They played rock paper scissors for it and the losers get to stay in the not so big room while the winners get the big one. Unfortunately, Yujin, Chaewon and Hyewon all lost. Not much of a surprise why Yujin lost though, rock paper scissors was really not her kind of game. 

 

After settling their stuff, they all agreed to meet each other for lunch and discuss the stuff they'll be doing in this overnight trip.

 

"So, what are our plans?" Wonyoung ask after they all have finished eating their meal. 

 

"Maybe we could go on for a swim later when the sun sets. I also heard from Gowon-ssi that there will be a live band later by the beach, maybe we could all watch." Eunbi suggested.

 

"I like that!" Wonyoung beams like a child.

 

"But who's gonna take care of the dogs?" Hyewon ask, her attention still focused on eating.

 

"I will. I'm not allowed to swim so I'll be more than glad to take care of them." Minjoo voluntereed. 

 

Hyewon looks at her cousin with a sad expression "Can you handle them alone?"

 

"I'll help here." Yujin voluntereed to stay. "Oh no, Yujin-ah, I can handle them by myself. You should go swim with them." Minjoo insisted, but Yujin was persistent.

 

 

"I insist. Besides, I also want to spend time with Azzo."

 

 

The six of them agreed to it and by the time afternoon came, they went swimming while Minjoo and Yujin were there watching them. Yujin were upset. Mainly because azzo wouldn't even go near her and would just stay with Minjoo.

 

"Hey azzo-ya, come here boy. Azzo-ya. Azzo. Azzo-ya. Ya! Azzo-ssi. Come here." Yujin kept calling him but he still won't pay attention "Ya Ahn Azzo, you better come here right now mister." she said with her voice full of authority.

 

Yujin ended up getting laugh at by Minjoo and still haven't got Azzo's attention. "You know he still won't go to you right?"

 

"Aish. Why won't he go here? I've been calling for him since earlier."

 

"Probably because your attention was all on Zeze the whole time. You even called Zeze the cutest puppy you've ever seen."

 

She gasped, "Wha- are you jealous, Azzo-ya?" Yujin just let out a hearty laugh and carried Azzo while Minjoo got a hold of Zeze. "Don't worry azzo-ya, you're still the cutest." the dog barked and the side of her face.

 

The sun was already close to setting down. Yujin still held Azzo in her arms while admiring the view in front of them. "Look Joo-ah the sun is setting down." she saw Minjoo fix her position, still holding Zeze and is now also admiring the view in front.

 

"I never knew I could see the sun setting with such an amazing view. The view at my room is not that good." 

 

Yujin stare at her for a second, "You must've had a really rough time growing up huh?"

 

"Hmm. Why do you say so?"

 

"Well based on my observations and based on the things you told me, you didn't really experience going out that much. You know, like what most kids did when they were young."

 

"That's because I'm not like most kids, Yujin. I'm different from them." her tone was sad, Yujin can sense it.

 

"May I ask why?" there was silence that followed and Yujin thought that maybe she wasn't comfortable answering the question, "Although you don't need to answer it if you're not comfortable."

 

She hears a sigh coming from Minjoo, "I have a disease." she says, "A heart disease to be exact." Yujin look at her, unable to find the right words to say. It took Yujin seconds before she could utter a word.

 

"I-Is it critical?" 

 

"It's not that critical, but it's uncurable. I could go into surgery and a few therapies but it will just lessen the amount of pain. I'll still die either way."

 

"Is that the reason why you created a bucket list?" 

 

"Yeah, actually. Those are the things I really wanted to do. You know, before I die." the smile on her face was replaced by a sad one. Yujin hated this sight. She hated seeing Minjoo like that.

 

The sun was already setting down, she held Minjoo's hand. Yujin wanted to tell her that everything's gonna be okay. But she's not sure if it will. So instead, Yujin says this. "Cheer up. Look the sunset is very beautiful. Come to think of it, we've done three things in your bucket list today. We had a long drive, went to the beach, saw the sunset, and we can watch the sunrise tomorrow. We can also go stargazing later."

 

"Thank you, Yujin-ah."

 

"What for?"

 

"For helping me fullfiling this. You didn't really have to. But I'm still glad you did."

 

As the surroundings started to get dark, they all went back to their rooms to change and prepare for later. Yujin couldn't stop thinking about what Minjoo revealed to her earlier. She didn't know how to react. It was too sudden for her to find out. But what she found out just now just made her even more determined to help Minjoo accomplish the things listed on her bucket list. Yujin will help her finish it. Whatever it takes. 

 

 

When the night time came, the six of them all went to the beach where the live band was at straight after eating dinner. It was slightly packed when they got there, but luckily Gowon reserved a place for them. The band performed a total of four songs and after that, the fun started.

 

"Okay! Would anyone from the audience be brave enough and sing up front? Any volunteers? Anyone?" the audience was filled with chatters. Yujin was just quitely sitting there, minding her own business while drinking soda and ocassionaly eating the snacks placed on the table when Chaewon raised her hands, getting her attention.

 

"Oh! We have a volunteer everybody." the band's vocalist happily exclaimed and went to their table. "Everybody, our volunteer for tonight is Miss?" she handed the mic to Chaewon in which her best friend accepted.

 

"It's Chaewon. And oh I'm not gonna be the one singing." she paused, "My best friend here." she pointed at Yujin, making her shocked. "Well then, Miss?"

 

"Yujin"

 

"Miss Yujin, would you come up front please?" Yujin obliged, completely feeling helpless, "Everybody give it up for our first volunteer tonight! Miss Yujin!" she looked at their table and saw them watching her with smiles on their faces. Chaewon even gave her two thumbs up. "Aish. Kim Chaewon." Yujin thought to herself. The band asked what song she chosed. It was a duet song, so the vocalist thought of joining her. Which Yujin agreed to. She takes a deep breath, closing her eyes as the band's vocalist starts singing the first line of the song.


"Eonjeyeotdeongeonji gieongnaji ana
Jakku nae meoriga neoro eojireopdeon sijak"

 

She soon followed with the next line, 

 

"Han dubeonssik tteooreudeon saenggak 
Jakku neureogaseo 
Jogeum danghwangseureoun i maeum"

Byeoriri anil su itdago
Sasohan maeumirago
Naega naege jakku mareul haneunge eosaekangeol"

 

The chorus was sung by Yujin and the vocalist, which suprisingly, their voices blended pretty well.

 

"Sarangingayo
Geudae nawa gatdamyeon sijagingayo
Mami jakku geudael saranghandaeyo
On sesangi deutdorok sorichineyo"

 

The vocalist lets Yujin sing the last line and the audience clapped their hands, cheering for her.

 

"Wae ijeya deullijyo u"
Seororeul mannagi wihae
Ijeya sarang chajatdago"

 

Yujin smiled and thanked them before going back to their table. Not gonna lie, she enjoyed that. When she got back, Hyewon and Chaewon kept teasing her about earlier while Eunbi and Wonyoung kept praising her. She looked at Minjoo's direction and saw Minjoo giving her an amused smile. After the live band ended, the others went back to the rooms while she and Minjoo went to the shore, admiring the stars. 


"What you did out there amazed me. I never knew you could sing."  Minjoo said, all smiles. "Well, that's one of many things you don't know about me."

 

"Tell you how about this," she paused and Yujin's attention is now on her, "Let's take turns in asking each other questions. You don't have to answer it if you're not comfortable. So...game?"

 

"Sure, fine by me." Yujin nodded and she starts asking you a question.

 

"What's your job? Like, your job right now?"

 

"I'm an Architect." Minnjoo looks at her, eyes wide open and Yujin can't help but stiffle a laugh. "You're an Architect?! Woah! It's not that obvious that you are. I mean, you don't look like one."

 

"Yeah. So I've been told." she chuckled, "I actually didn't want to become one. But my parents forced me given the fact that my Dad also is one."

 

"Wow. So you must be really busy then?"

 

"Not really. I promised to be an Architect, I never said I would actually be one. I just passed the test, became and Architect and went on to do what I want."

 

"Your parent's didn't disagree?" 

 

"At first they did. But eventually they accepted the fact that being and Architect is not for me."

 

"What's for you then?"

 

"You?" Yujin thought to herself and internally chuckled, "I'm a photographer."

 

"Photographer?"

 

"Yes ma'am! I also own a studio same  right across my apartment."

 

"You mean?!-" she ask in shock and Yujin laughed while nodding, "Yes"

 

"No way! You own Studio Blu? Woah! Daebak! You must be really rich to be able to have your own studio like that huh?"

 

"I'm not rich." she said and tilted her head sidewards, "But my parents are."

 

"That still makes you rich you know!" they both laugh. After the laughter subdisded, it was Yujin's turn to ask a question. "How about you? What's your job?"

 

"I don't have one. I'm not allowed to have one due to my condition. But my Dad said that if I get cured, then he can give me a position in the company." she looks down at her feet with a sigh, "Like that's ever gonna happen."

 

"Why don't you try?" she was frozen on her spot because of what Yujin had said, "I'm sure there's still a way for you to somehow get better."

 

"I did try. I've been trying for 12 years now. Went to a lot of therapies, saw a lot of doctors, and yet here I am, my condition still not getting any better." there was a long pause before she continued, "I've decided to stop trying and and just accept my fate. I can't let my body suffer further. That's why I really want to finish my bucket list as soon as possible, you never know when that time will come."

 

"You know at first, I thought the bucket list thing was kinda extra. But knowing now that you have a deep reason behind it, it doesn't seem that extra anymore." Yujin lets out a soft laugh, and so did she.

 

"How about you? Do you have a list of things you want to achieve?" she looks at Yujin in anticipation.

 

"Me? Oh no, I don't have such thing."

 

"You don't have a bucket list? Why? I mean, don't you have any goals or things you wanted to do?"

 

"I do. But I believe that you should also learn to go with the flow. You know, life is full of surprises. So, I thought, why not just go with it right? After all, whatever happens, happens." 

 

"Well you do have a point there." they both stopped talking and looked at the stars. "Someday, I'll be one with the stars above. I'll also shine birghtly above the clouds."

 

"You don't need to be above the clouds to shine brightly. Cause right now, you're my brightest star."  She looks at Yujin for a second and then, "Ha! That's a good one! Anyways, I'll go to sleep now! See you tomorrow Yujin-ah!" she chuckled and Yujin just went along with her.

 

"It's true though. You're my brightest star, Kim Minjoo." Yujin lets out a soft sigh. It was silent and the only noise heard was from the sound of the ocean. 

 

"You know Yujin-ah, sometimes it's okay to think of yourself first." she paused for a bit, trying to figure out what Minjoo meant yet failed.

 

"We better head back now if we wanna see the sunrise tomorrow." she stood up, dusting off the sand of her clothes and offered her hand to help Yujin stand up. She accecpted it and walked back to their own rooms after saying goodbye to each other. Yujin went to sleep and the last thing on her mind before closing her eyes was what Minjoo said. "Sometimes it's okay to think of yourself first."

 

김민주's Bucket List

1. Learn how to ride a bike
2. Watch the stars with someone
3. Go to the beach
4. Adopt a dog
5. Go on a long drive

6. Watch a fireworks display
7. Ride a ferris wheel and take a selfie there
8. Watch the sunset and sunrise
9. Go to prom
10. Fall in love

 

--


A week after their trip to the beach, Yujin brought Minjoo, together with Azzo to her studio. She plans on giving Azzo his own mini photoshoot, cause why not? As soon as they opened the door to the studio, the people inside immediately greeted her and were beyond happy to see her again.

 

"Good afternoon guys!" 

 

"Good afternoon, Yujin! It's good to see you." Chaeryeong, Yujin's secretary, greeted her.

 

"Chaeryeong-ah, it's good to see you as well." Yujin turns to Minjoo, "Minjoo this is Chaeryeong, my secretary. Chaeryeong, this is Minjoo. And this cute little fella right here is Azzo." they exchanged greetings and Chaeryeong even patted Azzo's head. "Where's everybody?" 

 

"Ey! Ey! Ahn Yujin! Fancy seeing you here." a woman who almost has the same height as Yujin came barging from the other part of the studio.

 

"Well I wouldn't be that surprised if I were you. After all, I do own this studio. Now don't I, Shin Yuna?" she laughs at loud and tackles Yujin in a hug.

 

"Woah! We've missed you, giant pup! You haven't been around lately."

 

"Been kinda busy these days."

 

"I'm starting to regret not going with you to the resort last time."

 

"Oh yeah about that, Gowon likes to send her regards to you."

 

Her face beams, "Really? I'll make sure to contact her later then."

 

"You know who else send their regards?" her face is now filled with curiousity.

 

"Kim Chaewon" she raises both her fists up in the air and bumps them together. Yujin laughed at her reaction and faced Minjoo who just had a stern expression. Only then that she had realized that she haven't introduced them to each other yet. "Oh sorry my bad. Minjoo this is Yuna. Yuna, this is Minjoo. Wonyoung's best friend." Yujin intentionally emphasized Wonyoung's name, waiting for Yuna's reaction.

 

"Hi it's nice to meet you. I'm Shin Yuna, head editor of Studio Blu." Yuna offered her hand for Minjoo to shake in which the latter gladly accepted. "Kim Minjoo"

 

"You must be the best friend that Wonyoung kept talking about." Minjoo became slightly confused, "You know Wonyoung?"

 

Yujin stiffled a laugh, "Oh Yuna knows her VERY well." Minjoo became even more confused so Yujin went near her and whispered, "I'll tell you later." Yuna just glared at her and they walked around the studio while introducing Minjoo to everyone around.

 

"And this is Yeji, our assistant Photographer." Minjoo froze on her spot, "Yeji? Hwang Yeji?" the said girl turned around and was beyond surprised after seeing the girl who's standing beside Yujin.

 

"Omo! Kim Minjoo is that you? Woah it's been a while hasn't it?" 

 

 "Totally" it was Yujin's turn to be confused now, "You two know each other?" 

 

"Yeah. We were classmates back in High School." Minjoo answered with a smile, Yujin nodded. They were catching up with each other and Yujin was just watching them.

 

"Now now Ahn Yujin, don't be jealous. Yeji's already dating Chaeryeong, she won't get Minjoo away from you."

 

"Really?" she nodded. "So how is she?" she asks.

 

"Who?" Yujin replied, obviously teasing her. She groans, "You know very well who I'm pertaining to."

 

"She's fine. They're both doing fine actually. In fact, I could tell them to come here for you to see it yourself." Yujin has a teasing grin plastered on her face while Yuna's face was full of panicking. 

 

"Wha- No!" it was too late, she had already dialed Chaewon's number and she accepted the call almost immediately. "Chaewon-ah" 

 

"What is it, Ahn Yujin?" 

 

"Are you with Wonyoung right now?"

 

"Yeah....why?"

 

"Great! Mind coming by the studio today? Yuna said she misses you already." Yujin looked at the girl beside her who's now shooting daggers with the look she gave her.

 

"Really now? Shin Yuna huh?" Chaewon also has a teasing tone in her voice. She obviously understood what Yujin meant, best friend things I guess. "Alright then! We'll be there!"

 

"Alright! See you both!" she dropped the call and Yuna just sighed in frustration. Guess today isn't Yuna's lucky day.


 

They have already informed them about giving Azzo a quickie photoshoot and the others were more than delighted to help them with it. They were even gushing over Azzo while Yujin took pictures of him. Azzo sure is a charmer. The photoshoot had just finished and they were now telling Minjoo about the whole thing between Chaewon, Wonyoung and Yuna. 

 

"What really?" she asked, a shock expression on her face and Yujin nodded, "How come Wonyoung never told me anything about it."

 

"I don't know also. All I know is that it's fun to tease Yuna with it even though she has long moved on from it." Before Chaewon and Wonyoung started dating, Yuna and Wonyoung were an "item". No, they weren't dating. They sorta were? Overall it was just a fling. Yujin would often tease Yuna about it. Chaewon and Wonyoung would also sometimes join in. But all is good since the four of them are all good friends. 

 

The couple they've been waiting to arrive finally came and the moment Chaewon stepped foot on the studio, she immedieately tackled Yuna in for a hug. 

 

"Yah! Aish! Kim Chaewon! Stop doing that will you?!" she said after Chaewon got off her. 

 

"Oh hi Minjoo-ah! Azzo-yah! Come here buddy." Azzo went running towards her, his cute puppy tail wiggling.

 

"Hi Yuna, it's good to see you." Wonyoung greeted the equally tall girl, "Yeah whatever guys stop teasing me already." they just all laughed at her.  Since Azzo's mini photoshoot was finished, Yeji invited everyone to the Amustment Park to which they all agreed to.


"Yah! Seriously?! Did you  guys bring me here so someone could take your photos while you're all busy with your dates?" Yuna whined for the ninth time since they arrived at the Amustment Park.

 

"Hey! You offered to take our photos." Chaewon counters back and the two started bickering like usual. "Alright guys are doing it again." Yujin stated the obvious and the both of them stopped.

 

"How about this. Let's all split up and meet each other in front of the merry-go-round at 5 to watch the fireworks all together. Sounds like a plan?" Yeji suggested. They thought about it for a while but eventually agreed to it later on. Yeji and Chaeryeong went on while Yujin and Minjoo head towards the ferris wheel. Yuna, on the other hand, is stuck with Chaewon and Wonyoung.  

 

They already got the tickets and they're now currently waiting for their turn. Yujin looked over to check if Minjoo was having second thoughts about riding this thing. Instead, she found her smiling all brightly while admiring the ride in front. 

 

"You really sure you wanna ride this?" 

 

"Yeah. Why?" Minjoo looks at her, anticipating for an answer, "Are you scared?"

 

"What? Who? Me? No. I was just thinking about you." she looks at Minjoo for a brief moment and then look at the ferris wheel again, "Are you sure you're okay to ride this? What if something happens while we're on the to-"

 

"Yujin, calm down. Nothing's gonna happen okay? I'll be fine. Besides, you're there."  Yujin sighed and held Minjoo's hand leading them inside the ferris wheel after they were told to go inside.


 

They were inside the ferris wheel, hands still intertwined with each other and no one even dared to let go. When they reached the top, Minjoo started admiring the view of the setting sun. While Yujin was- well, she was admiring the view also. The view named Kim Minjoo. She secretly fished her phone out from her jacket's pocket and secretly took a pic of Minjoo using one hand since the other was busy holding the latter's. 

 

"Yudings! Look at the view! Isn't it beautifu-" Minjoo turned to her but stopped the moment her eyes landed on Yujin's hazel one's. Yujin was looking at her with a soft smile on her face. For a moment there, Minjoo swore her heart was beating irregularly. But this time, she's sure it's not because she's about to have a sudden attack, but because of the look the girl in front of her was giving her. "The v-view i-is b-beautiful, isn't i-it?" she became a stuttering mess.

 

"Yes, it is." Yujin's smile grew even bigger. She positioned her phone above and signalled Minjoo to scoot closer, "Let's take a selfie." Minjoo did scoot closer as they both took selfies, tons of selfies. Some were decent, some were not, while most were just both of them goofing around. 


Once the ride finished and it was already 5, they reunited with each other in front of the merry-go-round just like they had planned and waited for the wireworks to start. When it did start, for somehow, Yujin wouldn't let go of Minjoo's hand, not that Minjoo's complaining. Truth is, she loves it. She placed her heaad on Yujin's shoulder and continued admiring the fireworks. Her heart was beating frantically. All because of Ahn Yujin. 

 

김민주's Bucket List

1. Learn how to ride a bike
2. Watch the stars with someone
3. Go to the beach
4. Adopt a dog
5. Go on a long drive

6. Watch a fireworks display
7. Ride a ferris wheel and take a selfie there

8. Watch the sunset and sunrise
9. Go to prom
10. Fall in love


--
 

Ahn Yujin really is full of surprises. Like now. It was a fine sunday morning when Minjoo suddenly got a call from Yujin telling her to open their door. Although she was dumbfounded, she still complied. The door opened, and the sight of Ahn Yujin smiling brightly while holding a bike was the first thing she saw.

 

"What's this?" she laughs, "Surprised! You said you wanted to learn how to ride a bike right? I brought mine here so I could teach you!" the Yujin happily exclaimed, making Minjoo giggle. Minjoo stood near the bike, unsure of what to do next. 

 

"Well?" the latter scratch the back of her head,


"You see I don't exactly don't know what to do." Minjoo shyly admitted. "....Oh" Yujin realizes this and stiffles a laugh.

 

"Hey! Don't laugh at me!" Yujin recovered from her laughter and faced Minjoo, "Okay okay I'll guide you. But first, wear this." she lets Minjoo the helmet she was carrying around.

 

"Okay, step one is done, time for step two."

 

"Which is?"

 

"Getting on the bike." Yujin helped her get on the bike and held it for balance. 

 

"So what's next?" 

 

"I'll hold on to you first until you can balance on your own. So for now, start paddling." Minjoo happilly obliged and before she knew it, she was already riding the bike. When she slowly got the hang of it, Yujin decided it was finally time to let go.

 

"Joo, do you trust me?"

 

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do!"

 

"Well then." she lets go and Minjoo was all by herself. "You're doing a great job, Joo-ah!"

 

"Wait, wait, what?!" due to Minjoo panicking and realizing Yujin wasn't there to guide anymore, the bike went off balance, making her fall.

 

"Aw" she exclaimed as soon as she her body hit the grass. Yujin quickly came towards her and help her get up.

 

"Hey, hey, are you okay? Are you fine? Were you hurt somewhere?" the taller  girl was busy scanning her for any possible scratches that was caused by the fall, and thank god they weren't any. Minjoo was busy admiring her up close, her heart was once again beating uncontrollably because of the girl in front of her.

 

"Yuding-ah, calm down. I'm fine, see? No stratches or anything." Yujin releases a sigh of relief.

 

"Hoo that's a relief. I'm sorry for letting you go." 

 

"It's okay really."

 

"Do you still want to try again? I promise I won't let go again until you're ready." Minjoo nodded, a smile on her face and once again gave biking another shot. This time around she was able to balance well, with Yujin's guidance. She was now happilly biking around their neighbourhood with Yujin smiling from ear to ear while watching her. Minjoo's mom called them and told them to come inside first and freshen up since they've outside for awhile now. When they resumed, they went to the nearby park with Yujin riding the bike and Minjoo was sitting at the back. They sat on the swings when they got there, nothing but silence surrounding them. 

 

"Hey you know what, I just realized the we only have two things left on your bucket list." Yujin stated, looking at her feet.

 

"Oh really? I didn't expext it to be this fast." 

 

Silence once again....."Yujin-ah, when all of this is over, will you leave?"

 

Yujin was not expecting that question, yet despite this she was able to answer, "What? Where did that come from. Of course I won't leave you. That is, unless you want me to?"

 

"What? No! I like you here, beside me. Like this."

 

"I like it here also. Beside you." 

 

김민주's Bucket List


1. Learn how to ride a bike
2. Watch the stars with someone
3. Go to the beach
4. Adopt a dog
5. Go on a long drive
6. Watch a fireworks display
7. Ride a ferris wheel and take a selfie there
8. Watch the sunset and sunrise

9. Go to prom
10. Fall in love


--


"Okay, come again? You want us to help you with what?" Yuna asked.

 

"I want you to help me set-up a mini prom on Minjoo's backyard." Yujin answered, again, for the second time.

 

"Why? Do you wanna go back to high school?" Yuna questions her again.

 

"No dumbo, it's not for me. It's for Minjoo. It's one of the few things written on her bucket list. So...will you guys help me out?"

 

"Of course we'll help you out, Yujin-ah! So what do you want us to do?" Yujin  told them what to do and each of them proceeded to do their own individual tasks. Chaewon and Yuna were preparing the designs and such while Yujin was busy preparing the lights. Wonyoung on the other hand, was the one who accompanied Minjoo so she won't go outside. Mr. and Mrs. Kim also helped out with preparing the food while Eunbi and Hyewon were setting up the chairs and tables to make it look like an actual prom. 


When they were finished, they all got dressed up on something that you would usually wear for prom. Of course it wouldn't be a prom if there's only two people right? So Yujin invited all of them. When they were done, they all waited outside for Wonyoung to give them the go signal that Minjoo is coming.

 

"Hey, Yujin-ah, Minjoo's done changing. It was hard to convince her without giving out any clues, but we're coming down now." Yujin received a text from Wonyoung saying that they're coming down and told the others to prepare. When they heard footsteps coming, they the lights and Wonyoung and Minjoo was seen. 

 

"W-What's all this?" Minjoo asks, shocked. "You couldn't go to prom before right? So here, we made you your own one." Yujin answered happily.

 

"It was all Yujin's idea!" Yuna beamed which made everyone chuckle, "Everyone helped though." Minjoo, out of pure happiness and delight, enveloped Yujin in a warm, big hug.

 

"Thank you, Yujin-ah. Thanks a bunch. You have no idea how happy you've made me." the latter said while her face is burried on the other's chest.

 

Yujin carressed her hair slowly, and gave in to the warmth that Minjoo had, "I'm glad that you're happy, Joo-ah. As long as you're happy, that's all I need to hear." they stayed like that for seconds before Yuna cleared , getting their attention.

 

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but should we get this party starting?" Yuna had a hint of teasing on her voice, which Yujin knew. They pulled away from each other, blushing.

 

"A-Ah y-yeah, we s-should." Minjoo shyly said and went to where Wonyoung was. Yujin gave Yuna that gesture again yet the other was just laughing it off. They started the party and did this that are usually done at a prom. Mr. and Mrs. Kim decided to just go inside and let the kids enjoy. 


When it was time for the dance part, everyone got up and took their partners while Yuna was whining about how she's the only one who doesn't have one. She just decided to go with it and dance with herself instead. But Wonyoung told her she'll dance with her after she dances with Chaewon. It was Chaewon, Wonyoung, Hyewon and Eunbi who are now happily dancing to the music while Yuna was the dj. Yujin sat next to Minjoo who was watching their friends with a wide smile.

 

"Would you like to have a dance with me, Princess?" Yujin asked, mimicking those scenes on dramas or movies where the Princess is being asked out on a dance. Minjoo chuckle whole heartedly and offered her hand to Yujin.

 

"Why it would be an honor." they stood up, hand in hand as the music changes to a slow dance one. 


 

Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine
And let the music be your guide

 

Slowly, Minjoo placed her hands on the back of Yujin's neck while the other places her own on Minjoo's waist. 

 

Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing)
Wherever we go next

 

They started dancing along to the music. Everything, and literally everything, just seems to disappear at this moment. 

 

It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance? (Can I have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?

 

The two continued dancing along to the song. They were to engrosed with each other that they didn't notice that the other couple had already got back on their sits, and that their the only one's dancing.

 

Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you through it all

And you can't keep us apart (even a thousand miles can't keep us apart)
Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are

 

"Yujin-ah, this means I only have one thing left on my bucket list...right?" Minjoo asked, "Yes"


It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance? (Can I have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?


"I'm scared, Yujin-ah." she says, looking down at her feet. Yujin removed her hands on Minjoo's waist and instead cupped her face, "Hey, why? What's wrong? Why are you scared?"


"I'm scared that you'll leave me after this. I know you told me that you won't, but I can't stop thinking about the fact that what if you grow tired? What if you no longer have a reason to stay?"


Oh no mountains too high and no oceans too wide
Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be

 

She looks at Minjoo warmly, a smile on her face, "You don't need to worry about that. Cause like what I told you, I like it here. And no matter what, I'll always find a reason to stay." those words were enough. The assurance Yujin gave was enough to put a smile on Minjoo's face. 

 

It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding
Someone like you (like you)
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better

 

"Are you happy, Yujin?" Minjoo suddenly asked as the song was nearing it's end. "You always make sure that I'm happy but never did I once ask you if you were."

 

"You're here aren't you? Then that's enough to make me happy." Minjoo smiles and leans towards Yujin's chest, resting it there. 

 

So can I have this dance? (Can I have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?
And can I have this dance?
Can I have this dance?

 

"Yudings" Minjoo calls out to her.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Yuding-ah" Minjoo calls out to her once again.

 

"What is it, Joo-ah?"

 

"I can't breathe, Yujin-ah. I c-can't-" all it took was just three words. Three words, to make Yujin's body shiver in fear. Three words, to crush her own entire being. Minjoo collapsed on Yujin, unconcious.

 

"Help! Help! Call an ambulance quick!" Yuna althoug confused, called an ambulance and the other's went rushing to them.

 

"It's on it's way."

 

"Yujin, what happened here?" Hyewon asked, worried.

 

"I-It's Minjoo. S-She's u-unconcious." the ambulance came quickly and brought Minjoo to the nearest hospital while her parents were also on their way.

 

 

When they reached the hospital, Minjoo was quickly brought to the Emergency Room while they were left outside. Yujin was panicking, worried, about what was happening. Minjoo's parents came and asked what happened to their daughter.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I-It was m-my fault. Everything was too sudden." Yujin looked down on her feet and was expecting for the couple to be mad at her, instead, Mr. Kim placed his hand on Yujin's back and gave her a soft pat.

"Yujin, it's not your fault. You didn't know that was gonna happen. None of us did. So don't blame yourself, Minjoo won't like it if she hears that." she nodded and all of them sat down. Minjoo's doctor came outside to inform them about her condition.

 

"Doctor Park" Mr. Kim uttered as soon as the doctor came out. 

 

"Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim. I know Minjoo said she doesn't want to do the surgery, but we really need to do it as soon as possible. Her heart is slowly failling. If we don't operate on it, then the worst might come."

 

Minjoo's parents sigh, "We understand. We'll try our best to convince her."

 

"Her condition is already stable, but for now, we just have to wait for her to wake up. If you'll excuse me, I need to go now." Doctor Park bowed and left. They were told by the Kim couple to go home and rest since this day has been tough for them also. Wonyoung insisted on staying and help them watch over Minjoo, to which the couple agreed to. Yujin was supposed to stay also but she was too emotionally drained and really needed a proper rest so the couple told her to go home.

 

Yujin spent all night thinking about the events earlier. When her head was starting to hurt, she took this as a sign to finally go to sleep and rest.


김민주's Bucket List

1. Learn how to ride a bike
2. Watch the stars with someone
3. Go to the beach
4. Adopt a dog
5. Go on a long drive
6. Watch a fireworks display
7. Ride a ferris wheel and take a selfie there
8. Watch the sunset and sunrise
9. Go to prom

10. Fall in love


--


The morning came by and Yujin went to the hospital early to go check on Minjoo. When she got there, Minjoo's parents weren't there since they went out to buy food so Wonyoung was the only one there. Wonyoung needed to go home and change so Yujin insisted on looking after Minjoo.

 

She held Minjoo's hand and caressed it slowly. "Wake up, Joo-ah." she said with a bitter smile. And like Minjoo can hear her, she did. 

 

"Y-Yudings..."

 

"Doctor!" she pressed the buzzer and Doctor Park came rushing in, "She's awake." 

 

Doctor Park checked her, examining her state. "Her vitals are all stable. For now, we still need to monitor her." Yujin nods and Doctor Park exits the room. Minjoo's parents came in and saw her already awake. 

 

"Min! You're awake!" her Mom rushed to her, as well as her Dad. "Are you okay? Are you fine? Are you hurt somewhere?"

 

"Dad, I'm fine already."

 

"Uhm..I'll be outside for awhile." Yujin let's the family know. She decided to step outside and give them time to talk in private.

 

"Minjoo" her father called for her attention, "Min-ah, you know how much we love you right?"

 

"Of course I do, Dad. But what's with the sudden tension."

 

"Min-ah, Doctor Park told us that your condition is getting worst, and that the only solution we have is for you to undergo surgery. We know you already said no to it. But please think about it again."

 

"Mom, we've talked about this. I'm not getting that surgery. There's no cure. I'll die eventually. So please let's not talk about this again." she said firmly, shutting out the idea.

 

"Please Minjoo, think about it. We still want to be with you for a long time, Min-ah. We still want to see you grow further. We don't want to lose you, Minjoo. So please, please, think about it." 

 

All it took was just the sight of her father breaking down for Minjoo to rethink all of her decisions. Her father doesn't normally cry, so seeing him cry now must've really been tough for Minjoo. Too tough that it made her change her mind. 

 

"G-Give me a couple of days to figure it out. For now, please let me enjoy this week. My birthday is coming after all. Once is that, I'll give you a definite answer." her parents rushed to her side and hugged her. She smiled at the warmth she felt while being in her parents' arms. "Should I stop being selfish and try?" Minjoo thought to herself.

 

--

 

Yujin was alone in her apartment, like she usually is, and stared at the view from her room's balcony while drinking the can of beer she has on her hands. She's actually been staying there for a while now, and she doesn't even know the number of beers she finished. It was silent, the sound of the busy streets below  is the only sound that filled the room. Yujin has a lot in mind lately, which explains the beer. She hasn't even checked her phone yet, that's why she wasn't informed about the part where Chaewon is coming over to her place to check up on her. 

 

They were a few knocks heard from outside her apartment, but Yujin was too lost in her own thougts to even notice it. Chaewon probably got irritated (and worried) about Yujin not answering she uses the spare key Yujin gave her and rushed inside. Only to find her sitting in the balcony with cans of beers surrounding her.

 

"Yah! Ahn Yujin! Why didn't you answer the door huh? Do you know how worried I wai- !" she dashed towards Yujin and grabs the can from her hand.

 

"Ow Chaewon-ah! You're here! Beer?" Yujin greeted Chaewon in her drunken state, even offering her some beer that she thought was still in her hand.

 

"What the hell are you doing, Ahn Yujin? Have you gone crazy?!" Chaewon's voice was filled with anger.

 

"Geez it's only a few cans, no need to get cranky." she said, grabbing the can from Chaewon's hands yet the taller girl resisted.

 

"A few?! Yujin you've drunk way too much! You shouldn't even be drinking in the first place!"

 

"Who gave you the right to tell me what to do? Can't I live like everyone? Can't I drink to forget just like everyone does?" Yujin questioned her, there was pain in her eyes as well as the tone of her voice.

 

"Yujin you know you're not allowed to."

 

"Give it to me Chaewon-ah. Just this once. Please just let me do what I want." Yujin sat down on the cold floor, tears threatening to fall.

 

Chaewon crouched to be in the same level as her best friend, and slowly gave her soft pats. "Yujin if something's bothering you, you can always come to me. I'm your best friend right? Tell me what's bothering you."

 

"I'm dying." Chaewon stared at her because of what she said, "The Doctor told me that there's already too much damage, and that even a surgery won't help ease the situation. I'm dying Chaewon."

 

"Wha- What? But you're still getting the surgery right? You still have therapies, for sure it'll help ease the situat-"

 

"Chaewon let's accept it, I'm dying. There's nothing much we can do about it. And about the surgery, no, I won't be doing it. I also stopped receiving therapies a few months ago."

 

"Why?" Chaewon's voice was shaking, fighting back her tears from falling. She's trying hard to understand why her best friend made this decision.

 

"Why? Simply because I got tired." she stared at the stars, "I've been going to therapies for a year with the thought that it would actually help. I still went even though it did nothing but add up to the pain I was feeling. My body was suffering. Yet I couldn't stop because I know it's what you all wanted. It's what my parents wanted. It's what my friends wanted. For once, I wanted to do something that I wanted. For the first time in my life, I wanted to be selfish."

 

Chaewon sighs and leans her back at the wall, "Is it what you really want?" Yujin nods, a soft smile on her face. "And you're happy with your decision?"

 

"Couldn't be any more happier. It feels like a burden has been lifted up from my shoulders."

 

"Well then if that's the case, then I support you. Wholeheartedly."

 

--

 

The night before Minjoo's birthday came and Yujin had just finished wrapping up her gift. Now, she's writing a letter to Minjoo. She doesn't know why. But for some reason, she felt the need to write one.

 

"Hey, Joo-ah! Happy birthday. I'm glad I could celebrate your special day with you. Honestly, I wish I met you sooner." she paused, taking a deep breath before writing again even though the immense pain coming from her head is seemingly stopping her from doing so. "Minjoo I know it's your special day today, and so I'm sorry for breaking this news to you, especially in this way. I wanted to tell you personally, but I think I won't be able to handle it."

 

"You see, Joo-ah, I'm dying. I was diagnosed with Glioblastoma last year. When I first found out about it, I was scared. Terrified even. I didn't want to leave my parents. I didn't want to leave my friends. And then you came, and my fear of leaving grew more. I didn't want to leave you, Minjoo. I did everything I could to stay. I did everything I can to stay alive. I kept taking my medicines, going to my Doctor's appointments, and attented all of my therapy sessions. All of those, to stay alive. But instead, my body felt even weaker.The pain was slowly eating me up and was slowly taking over my system. I tried to fight it, but it was no use. After we had gone back from the beach, I visited my Doctor because I was really having such a hard time for the past couple of months. He told me that my condition had only grew worse as time passed by. He also asked me if I still wanted to do the surgery, but I told him no."

 

"I thought about what you had said that night on the beach about how it's okay to think of yourself first. How it's okay to be selfish for once. So I did. I made the most selfish decision and chose to no longer make my body suffer. After all, the outcome would still be the same right? I would still die. Everyday I kept fighting silent battles with myself. It was hard, but everytime I saw you, it felt light. I felt okay. It was okay."

 

"As days passed, it keeps getting harder. My brain is killing me. I can't even eat properly since I often choose to sleep so that I can't feel the pain anymore. It's hard. Actually, I'm even lucky to still be alive today. Most people who are diagnosed with the same thing, don't usually last this long. You know what's my secret to that, Joo-ah? It's because I still needed to help you complete your bucket list. Because I promised you. So even when there are days when it's extremely hard for me, I still fought it just so I could see your smile once more."

 

"And now that you've completed it, well, not technically, the last one is hard to achieve. But don't worry, it'll come around soon. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry if I will no longer be there to help you with it. I'm sorry Minjoo, but as much as I want to stay, my body is too tired. I don't know why I wrote this letter. I honestly don't know. I guess something inside of me is telling me that it's about to happen. And I didn't wanted to die without leaving you anything. Hey lsiten Joo-ah, when the worst does come, take care of Azzo, alright? Please show him my picture all the time so that he won't miss me. I know you'll take great care of him."

 

"This letter is getting quite long huh? I better end it quick. Kim Minjoo, I want to tell you that at some point in my life, you were the reason why I kept wanting to live. You were the reason why I lived longer than the time I was given. At some point, you were my reason to live. And oh, remember that time when you asked me about not having a bucket list? Well guess what? I actually have one :). I hope you know Joo-ah, that you are someone worth living for. And I hope you do the same. Live, Minjoo. Stay alive."

 

No matter what happens, you'll always be the one to make living feel more exciting. No  matter what happens, you'll always have me in your heart, just like how you are to mine. If all goes wrong on this life, there's always a next one. There's always a next time. Remember that, Minjoo-ah.

 

"My head is hurting pretty bad right now, and I'm getting kinda tired already, so I better rest up. I can't wait to see you tomorrow on your special day. Happy birthday again, Minjoo! I hope you live happily."

Those were Yujin's last moments before she fell on the ground, lifeless, her body cold and pale. 


--

 

"Aish Ahn Yujin, this girl really, always making me wait." Chaewon uttered under her breath and made her way to Yujin's apartment. Her best friend hasn't called her, nor even text her. Chaewon thought Yujin still must be sleeping right now, knowing her best friend. When she got there, no one answered the door for her. Again, just like the last time she went here. She got inside using the spare key and saw the house a bit messed up. 

 

"That's odd, she usually keeps her apartment clean." she thought to herself. "Yah! Ahn Yujin! Let's go! We're late already! We promised to help out with the preparations, didn't we? So get your lazy off your bed and start preparing before I drag you out myself."

 

"Omo! I sound like my Mother." she gasped and laugh lightly, grabbing a box of chocolate milk from the fridge. "Yujin! Aish!" she called out once again yet still got no response.

 

Chaewon clearly got annoyed at the lack of response from her best friend and went to the taller girl's room to scold her some more, only to find her lying on the floor, bottles of medicine scattered on the floor and the bed was all ruined.

 

"Yah! Ahn Yujin! What the hell is happening?!" she rushed to her, "Yujin-ah this is a bad prank, stop doing this. Yah! Ahn Yujin wake up." she checked the girl's breathing and got nothing, she then proceeded to check her pulse yet still got nothing. " ." Chaewon dialled an ambulance and called the girl's parents after. Yujin was rushed to the hospital, yet it was no use. They were too late. They were hours too late. She's gone.


 

Chaewon had informed their other friends about what happened and they all came there. Wonyoung was the last one to come, with Minjoo along with her, who seems dumbfounded about what is happening.

 

"She's gone." Chaewon told them when they were left alone. Yujin's parent's were talking to the doctor, and so they were left alone.

 

"W-What e-exactly happened?" Yuna ask her, Chaewon sighed "I-I d-don't know. When I g-got there, she was already l-lifeless."

 

The other's were confused, damn they all were. Only Yuna and Chaewon seems to know what was going on. There was silence, and because Minjoo was so damn confused, she decided to break the loud silence surrounding them and ask,

 

"What's going on? Why are we here? Who's gone? And also, where's Yujin?"

 

"Minjoo...she's gone. Yujin's gone."

 

Minjoo laughed sarcastically, "You're joking right? Come on, Chaewon-ah stop joking around. Where's Yujin? I'm upset, it's my birthday and she still hasn't greeted me yet."

 

"Minjoo I really wish I was joking right now, but I'm not. You can see her for yourself." Minjoo still won't believe it. She can't process what's happening right now. She refuse to believe anything. She refused to believe that Yujin's gone.

 

They went to the mortuary where Yujin's body was kept and saw her already covered in a white cloth. Slowly, they made their way towards her, until were already standing close. Minjoo took initiative to check it. Despite her hands trembling, she still did it. And there she witnessed Yujin, her eyes closed and her skin pale. Minjoo's face dropped, her whole entire body trembling. She broke down after seeing Yujin's lifeless body like that. "Yujin-ah. Yujin-ah, wake up please. Please Yudings get up there. Yuding-ah...please." She broke out into tears as she kept hugging Yujin's body, telling her the same thing over and over again, for her to wake up. They all went outside, calming Minjoo down.


"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked Chaewon the moment she stopped crying.

 

"I-I couldn't. It was something I can't decide on myself, Minjoo. Only Yujin had the right to decide."

 

"Then why didn't she tell me?"

"I-I d-don't know e-either." Chaewon looked down, "I'm sorry, Minjoo. I'm really sorry."

 

"You don't have to say sorry. You didn't want this to happen, nobody did. So please don't apologise." Minjoo stood up, leaving them. But before she could, Wonyoung called her, "Where are you going, Min?" 

 

"Home. I think I need time by myself right now." she left, without waiting any response from her friends.

 

When she got home, she immediately went to her room, shutting the world out. She cried, a lot. Her eyes landed on her giant teddy bear that was wearing Yujin's favorite hoodie. The taller one left it when they were having a sleepover and said that Minjoo should keep it, a little something to remind her of Yujin. She took it off the bear and hugged it, clutching her chest. She kept on crying just like that and eventually went to sleep. She was supposed to spend her birthday with everyone important to her, but with what just happened, she chose not to celebrate it at all. Her parents woke her up and told her to at least eat, but she didn't. Minjoo's parents were already informed about what happened, so they understood why their daughter was acting that way. They left the food in the table and told her to come it if ever she changes her mind. She slept, still hugging Yujin's hoodie.


--

 

Before letting go, everyone special to her was given the chance to share their experiences or memorable moments with Yujin. And since Minjoo was one of them, she shared her's also."

 

"Actually, it hasn't been that long since I met Yujin. But with the short of time that I got to know her, every second spent was memorable. Yujin made me feel what it really is like to live. She made me feel alive. And for that, I thank her. Ahn Yujin. Yujin-ah. Yudings, wherever you are right now, I hope you're watching over us with a smile on your face. Thank you Yudings, for making me the happiest. And I hope that somehow, I also made you happy."


The ceremony ended and when everyone else left, Minjoo chose to stay, she always does. Minjoo was just sitting there, beside Yujin's tombstone, admiring the view when Chaewon and Wonyoung came to sit beside her.

 

"Hi, Min."

 

"Oh? I thought you guys left already?"

 

"We just got something from the car. We're about to leave actually, but we wanted to give it to you first. Here's our birthday gift for you, sorry if it took a while, we couldn't find the right time to give it to you." Wonyoung said and handed her the small box, "Thanks you guys."

 

"And oh, here." Chaewon handed her a paper bag, "We found them in Yujin's place while cleaning up. Her gift for you is in there, as well as her bucket list, she wrote that only you should read it. There's also a letter in there, I figured she wrote it for your birthday." Minjoo accepted the paper bag and stared at it for a while.

 

"Well that's all, we gotta get going now. If you need anything, feel free to call us okay? We'll be there."

 

"Thanks again guys." the couple soon left and Minjoo was once again alone. She stared the things inside the paper bag and sighed. 


 

When she got home, she wasted no time and check the paper bag's contents. She opened it found a small box. It looked likes a ring box. Out of curiousity, she opened the said small box and found a ring. It's a promise ring. It's the ring Yujin kept looking at one time when Minjoo caught her looking it up online.

 

"I can't believe she actually bought it." she said and chuckled, tears threatening to fall. Her eyes landed on the letter so she picks it up and reads it. She saw that the date written on the letter was the night before her birthday. The same night of her death. Minjoo was already close to crying, and she still hasn't read the letter yet. She opens it up, takes a deep breath before reading it.

 

"Hey, Joo-ah! Happy birthday. I'm glad I could celebrate your special day with you. Honestly, I wish I met you sooner. Minjoo I know it's your special day today, and so I'm sorry for breaking this news to you, especially in this way. I wanted to tell you personally, but I think I won't be able to handle it.

 

You see, Joo-ah, I'm dying. I was diagnosed with Glioblastoma last year. When I first found out about it, I was scared. Terrified even. I didn't want to leave my parents. I didn't want to leave my friends. And then you came, and my fear of leaving grew more. I didn't want to leave you, Minjoo. I did everything I could to stay. I did everything I can to stay alive. I kept taking my medicines, going to my Doctor's appointments, and attented all of my therapy sessions. All of those, to stay alive. But instead, my body felt even weaker.The pain was slowly eating me up and was slowly taking over my system. I tried to fight it, but it was no use." she paused, "So all this time she wanted to tell me?"

 

"After we had gone back from the beach, I visited my Doctor because I was really having such a hard time for the past couple of months. He told me that my condition had only grew worse as time passed by. He also asked me if I still wanted to do the surgery, but I told him no. I thought about what you had said that night on the beach about how it's okay to think of yourself first. How it's okay to be selfish for once. So I did. I made the most selfish decision and chose to no longer make my body suffer. After all, the outcome would still be the same right? I would still die. Everyday I kept fighting silent battles with myself.

 

It was hard, but everytime I saw you, it felt light. I felt okay. It was okay. As days passed, it keeps getting harder. My brain is killing me. I can't even eat properly since I often choose to sleep so that I can't feel the pain anymore. It's hard. Actually, I'm even lucky to still be alive today. Most people who are diagnosed with the same thing, don't usually last this long. You know what's my secret to that, Joo-ah? It's because I still needed to help you complete your bucket list. Because I promised you. So even when there are days when it's extremely hard for me, I still fought it just so I could see your smile once more.

 

And now that you've completed it, well, not technically, the last one is hard to achieve. But don't worry, it'll come around soon. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry if I will no longer be there to help you with it. I'm sorry Minjoo, but as much as I want to stay, my body is too tired. I don't know why I wrote this letter. I honestly don't know. I guess something inside of me is telling me that it's about to happen. And I didn't wanted to die without leaving you anything.And oh hey lsiten Joo-ah, when the worst does come, take care of Azzo, alright? Please show him my picture all the time so that he won't miss me. I know you'll take great care of him."

 

"Silly Ahn Yudings, she hadn't realised that the last one was already checked before we did the remaining one's." Minjoo chuckled bitterly, the tears in her eyes now flowing endlessly.


"This letter is getting quite long huh? I better end it quick. Kim Minjoo, I want to tell you that at some point in my life, you were the reason why I kept wanting to live. You were the reason why I lived longer than the time I was given. At some point, you were my reason to live. And oh, remember that time when you asked me about not having a bucket list? Well guess what? I actually have one :). I hope you know Joo-ah, that you are someone worth living for. And I hope you do the same. Live, Minjoo. Stay alive.

 

No matter what happens, you'll always be the one to make living feel more exciting. No  matter what happens, you'll always have me in your heart, just like how you are to mine. If all goes wrong on this life, there's always a next one. There's always a next time. Remember that, Minjoo-ah.

 

My head is hurting pretty bad right now, and I'm getting kinda tired already, so I better rest up. I can't wait to see you tomorrow on your special day. Happy birthday again, Minjoo! I hope you live happily."

 

She cried even more and hugged the letter, "Thank you for everything that you have done, Yujin-ah. Thank you really. I hope you know also that you're my reason to live, and you're the reason why I want to continue living. I'll live, Yujin. I'll stay alive for you." she said underneath her breath.

 

Minjoo grabbed the last content inside the paper bag, written there was a note "If you're not Kim Minjoo, then please don't open it."

 

She proceeded to opening it and saw a big "Bucket List" written on it. Just like what Yujin said on her letter, she does have one. She scanned the next page and saw what was written on it, only for her heart to ache even more.


 

안유진's Bucket List:

Tell Minjoo I love her

 

--

 

A lot has happened over the past years. It's been hard for Minjoo, but she had the people she loved the most beside her. Also, her angel was watching her up close, she doesn't need to worry anymore. It's been a year since Minjoo decided to take the surgery, and like a miracle, she was cured. The doctor's didn't know how to explain it as well, it just, happened. It's a day before Minjoo's birthday, and just like what she always does when she misses her, she went to the cemetary to visit the love she lost. Ahn Yujin, her greatest love of all. 

 

"Hi Yudings, did you miss me? I hope you did, because I sure do. I can't beleive it's been a year since you left, it felt like ages without you here. I miss you, Yujin-ah. I really do. Azzo missess you a lot as well, he's grown bigger now. And like what you've asked me to do, I always show him your pictures. I really wish you were still with us Yudings, but then again I'll be too selfish for wanting to make you stay. You must be happy up there, aren't you? Cause I'm happy if you're happy. Are you proud of me, Yujin-ah? I'm alive. I lived. For you. Ahn Yujin, I'm never not gonna miss you. And I'm never, ever, not gonna love you like I do now. I love you always, Yujin. And I'll always live for you. I'm proud of you, Yujin-ah. I'm proud of you for choosing yourself. And I'm sorry as well. I'm sorry I couldn't help you with your bucket list. But maybe next time, alright? Maybe next time you can do it, and I'll be the one helping you by that time. Maybe next time, my love. Next time." she smiles,  sincerly, tears comes flowing down from her eyes. 

 

You don't always have forever. And you don't know what's gonna happen the following days, so you should always live life without any regrets. If you fail to do something in this life, then there's always the next one. There's always a next time.

 

 

 

 

--

 

End! If you have reached this part, then I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I started writting this last month yet only got the chance to continue it last week for I was kinda lost. Now that I have finished it, I am beyond words and don't know what to say or feel. I know it's not that good, but I am slowly learning, and I am slowly applying everything that I have learned. Again, thank you so much. And remember, that when all things fail on this life, there's always a next one. There's always a next time.

 

P.S: I didn't properly proofread this so my apologies for any typo, spelling and grammatical errors. I'll fix them all tomorrow. And oh, there might be some inaccuracies regarding the dieases for it to fit the storyline. I hope you understand.

 

songs used:

 

First song: Perhaps Love

Second song: Can I Have This Dance

 

Original/Alternative Title: The Bucket List (TBL)

 

Thank you once again!

 

-12