everything is blue

of drafts and scratches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

appreciate the irony in this.

 

you love blue. it's the color of the sky and the color of the ocean even though you're not sure what is reflecting which. it's one of the colors of nature even when you didn't like green that much. when you were younger, your mom would buy a red and blue toothbrush for you and your sister joohyun, and you'd always call dibs on the blue one. your unnie would pout because she loves blue too, but you're younger than her so she sighs in defeat as she brushes her teeth with her red toothbrush. she ended up loving red and she would always thank you for that.

 

//

 

you were dating jeno from the music club. one time during break, you asked him what his favorite color is. he tells you it's yellow. he tells you it's yellow because it's the color of the sun and the color of happiness. you never told him you hated yellow, it's too much in the eyes. he tells you he hated blue. he said it's stereotypical for a guy to like blue and it's dull and boring anyway. you never told him you loved blue, but you're falling in love with him so it never mattered. you smiled at him and tell yourself it's okay. it's just a favorite color. 
 

six months later you broke up. jeno tells you he needed space. you think he's right, besides it's not working anymore. his endearing adamant characteristic is now an irritating refusal to compromise. his spontaneity became reckless and irresponsible. him messing your hair playfully isn't funny anymore for you even though you told him many times not to do it, please. he still would. it doesn't matter now because you broke up. 
 


//

 


your favorite colors are now yellow and blue. when you turned nineteen, you met a guy named mark. he's different and exciting and he confuses you. his hair is blonde and his eyes are blue. you tell him that on your first date. 
 

'my favorite colors are the color of your hair and the color of your eyes'


he smiled sweetly at you. he goes on with 'i love black and reddish-brown, auburn? it's weird i know, but i love it.'
 

but you broke up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter