Chapter 2

Nepenthe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arriving at the parking space, they all got out of the car and saw Minho and Key already waiting for them. They walked towards the two while Veera looked around somehow feeling like the buildings looked familiar.

 

Key urged them to follow him. “The bar’s just across the street, everyone’s already waiting inside.” They all followed after Key. Finally exiting the alley, they immediately saw a building lit brightly with a neon light sign that says ‘Neon Nights’.

 

You don’t say. Veera thought to herself, a ghost of a smirk danced across her lips seeing the sign.

 

“Come on, I booked us a room on the second floor.” They crossed the street still following Key who just immediately went to the front ignoring the glares thrown their way.

 

One of the bouncer recognized Key and did not obstruct him from entering. Immediately after passing through the door they could already feel the beat of the music thrumming all around them, the DJ hyping the crowd on the dance floor.

 

The bar, or club, was lit up by black lights Veera thinks. Their white shirts were clearly glowing in the dark along with the fluorescent necklace or bracelets that a lot people were wearing.

 

Veera figured out why the whole place was packed. Other than the fact that the whole place was huge and designed to be luxurious. It’s exactly a scene that one would see in movies where the Americans’ throw out these cool secret house party. With the fog and dope lighting they had going on along with the music hyping up the crowd. It’s basically the best atmosphere one could possibly have for a night out.

 

“Holy- We have got to come back here” Henry voiced out, evidently falling in love with the place. “No ” Amber agreed, looking so fascinated with everything

 

Key smirked at the two “This place is also a hit among the celebs, you can basically view everything from the rooms up there but the people down here won’t be able to see anything from the inside”. They passed through the crowd before riding the elevator.

 

From the inside of the elevator, one can basically view everything from the dancefloor, to the stage where the dj’s booth was on the far end of the room, to the corner where the bar was placed. Veera noticed the place was similar to the style an opera house had. With the rooms on the second floor overlooking the huge dancefloor and stage.

 

Getting off on the second floor, it was clear that this was meant for the upper class.

 

The bar on the right side of the room was lit dimly with a yellow light giving off a more intimate atmosphere around the whole floor. The beat of the bass from below could still be heard but it was much more subdued. There were people chatting with themselves around the bar or seated in some of the booths.

 

Doors lined up on the left side of the room. Key directed them to the door on the farthest side of the corridor.

 

He stopped in front of the door before turning around to face them. “Just a tip, most of the girls are mostly awkward with meeting new people but give them a few drinks and they’ll loosen up a bit. Just try to be patient.” They all nodded in understanding.

 

Key opened the door and entered the room. They all followed, Veera was the last to enter the room, shutting the door behind her.

 

Taking a quick glance around the room, Veera immediately noticed the huge glass window overlooking the first floor. The room was also spacious enough to fit in 20 people. There was also a set up for a karaoke on one corner of the room.

 

 

The girls stood up from the couches as soon as Key entered the room bowing unison.

 

“Annyeonghasseoyo” Key nodded.

 

“I’m sure you guys already know about your new security detail.” He gestured towards neatly lined up agents behind him. “They will be your new bodyguards”

 

Eric stepped out and took the initiative to make the introductions. “I’m Eric Nam. This is Amber Liu and Henry Lau.” Both of them bowed and smiled amicably at the girls.

 

 

Veera let him talk while she silently took in the sight of the girls. They all were dressed in comfortable clothes; some were even wearing bucket hats covering almost half their faces.

 

She saw Seola and Dayoung had vivid pink hair and Dawon with blonde hair. She then remembered that they were in the midst of their new single, butterfly, promotions.

 

 

He turned to Krystal who bowed to the girls “Next up we have Krystal Jung. If you girls have something you have a problem with the security or something you’d like changed, she’s your person” Krystal bowed and smiled politely

 

 

Her gaze ultimately landed on a petite brunette standing in between 2 tall members, Seola and Eunseo. Veera tried fighting off the smile threatening to break out seeing the obvious difference in height. Cute

 

 

“Lastly, we have our very own Captain”

 

 

She didn’t realize it was her turn until she felt someone elbow her, breaking her out of her trance. She turned to look at Krystal curiously, only to see the older woman subtly pointed her head at the back. She looked around and saw everyone was looking at her, almost as if they were waiting for her.

 

Veera felt awkward at the stares “I’m sorry?” She looked at Eric

 

Eric chuckled “Introduce yourself”

 

“Oh” Veera got back to her senses and cleared before bowing to the girls.

 

“Veera Salvatore at your service” She straightened her back and went for a polite smile. The girls were looking at her in surprise after knowing her position.

 

Eric thoughtfully added “Although she may be young, I assure you that you can count on her for anything”

 

This time it was the girls introducing themselves, they all bowed, and took turns in speaking

 

“Hi I’m WJSN’s Leader Exy, Chu Sojung”

 

“Hello, I’m WJSN Park Soo Bin”

 

 “I’m WJSN Kim Hyun Jung, Seola”

 

“WJSN Bona, Kim Jiyeon”

 

“I’m WJSN Lee Lu Da”

 

“WJSN Nam Da Won”

 

“Hello! I’m WJSN Son Ju Yeon, Eunseo” she greeted lively

 

“I’m Lee Yeoreum, or just Yeoreum”

 

“Hello! My name is Im Da Young but you can call me cutie in short” Everyone chuckled at her enthusiasm while her members looked done with her.

 

“Hi! I’m the youngest in WJSN Yu Yeon Jung” she greeted brightly showing off her perfect teeth.

 

Veera couldn’t stop herself from grinning.

 

Key clapped his hands together “Now that you’ve all met, let’s have a toast to start the night!”

 

Everyone cheered, the girls were visibly happy at the thought of finally being able to let loose amidst their busy schedules.

 

Everyone started settling down, mingling with one another over drinks. Veera opted to sit at one corner of the room, watching everyone chat amicably when someone sat right beside her.

 

Veera looked at the newcomer in surprise. The woman chuckled “I’m sorry” she held out the other hand that wasn’t holding her drink

 

“I’m Kim Minjoo, 1994, the youngest female manager of WJSN.” she smiled brightly. Veera took her hand, amused at the sudden mention of year but went along with it.

 

“Veera Salvatore 1999, youngest of the team. Nice to meet you”

 

Minjoo took a sip of her drink before noticing the younger woman has none. “You’re not drinking?” Veera shook her head “Why?”

 

Veera laughed and pointed towards Amber and Henry “Are you seeing those two?” Minjoo looked over and immediately understood what she was pertaining to.

 

Amber was buddying up with one of the male manager belting their hearts out while Henry was with kwanghee drinking straight for the bottle of vodka.

 

Veera winces at the sight “Yea, I have some work cut out for me later” Minjoo laughs

 

“Minjoo-ssi, how long have you been working with WJSN?”

 

“You can just drop the formalities”

 

“Ah then U- Unnie…” she laughed at the awkward attempt

 

“This is my third year with them” Veera ‘oh’-ed in understanding

 

“Are the girls usually lively like this?” She asked curiously

 

Minjoo snorted “No, they’re like this because they finally got to drink”

 

Veera saw Dayoung and Eunseo getting along with Amber, singing along.

 

“Was it hard approaching them?”

                                                              

Minjoo thought for a while “I had no problems getting close with Dayoung and Yeonjung. While Eunseo and Soobin could be shy at first but they’re generally easy to talk to” Veera expected as much, they were mostly the outgoing members on their videos.

 

“Soobin particularly loves receiving compliments so you could use that” she pointed out. Veera laughed at that

 

“As for the rest of the girls… during the first few times they were generally all polite enough to talk to but they don’t usually talk that much.”

 

“Exy and Bona too?” Veera asked surprised

 

“Looks like someone’s interested” Minjoo teased.

                                                                                                                        

Veera looked down embarrassed and decided to come clean “I may or may have not watched a few of their videos”

 

The older girl laughed looking at the Captain’s appearance

 

“So you are a fan?” Minjoo asked her

 

Veera rolled her eyes and admitted begrudgingly “You could say that, I wasn’t until recently though

 

Minjoo nodded “I see… Well Exy and Bona may talk a lot on camera but when it comes to new people.” she shrugged her shoulders before taking a sip of her whiskey

                                               

“Exy can get really shy. Bona’s the same but there are times where she’s pretty easy to talk to. It depends on her mood I guess”

 

“Then how about Dawon-ssi and Seola-ssi?” Veera continued on drinking her water. Minjoo’s well on her way to her 5th glass of martini.

 

“Ahh... Dawon’s almost the same with Exy while Seola’s… the last person I got close with” Minjoo slightly slurred, her cheeks were now flushed.

 

Minjoo grinned at the younger woman mischievously before daring to ask “Is there any particular member you like?” holding her glass close to her face, almost hugging it

 

“I kind of like all of them” Veera laughed at the sight

                                                                             

The older woman rolled her eyes “Well then smart , who’s on the top of your list?”

 

Veera hesitated “Well… there are some...”

 

“Wait let me guess… Seola?”

 

Veera shrugged nonchalantly “Her and some others” not wanting give out specific names.

 

“That’s understandable” the older woman not surprised at the least. She downed her glass in one go groaning at the burn on , before pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter