AirPods.

No no i might not write these.

It's not supposed to be like this, not with bullets firing like rain towards her and what the hell are that- that things? Yujin rolled to her right as something smashed the table she just sat behind.

Great. She checked all her pockets again before sighing out in frustration. Why was she surprised? Did this life ever work out exactly the way she wanted it to be?

"YUJIN!" Someone was screaming her name from- uh wherever she was. Asking Yujin to take that stupid college was still much easier than forcing her to look in the midst of this terrible war. How can you look with dust everywhere to be honest?

"AHN YUJIN!"

"WHAT?" She screamed back, equally annoying.

"DO SOMETHING!"

"WELL THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!" She jerked as something exploded several meters away from her. God blessed her ears, seriously. 

"DON'T MOCK ME." Yena yelled. Yujin wondered why they hadn't knocked her out with that shriek. "DO SOMETHING!"

"I CAN'T." Yujin ducked her head in instinct. Whatever just flew above her head had gifted the room a hole which at least two people could climb over it at the same damn time. "I'VE LOST THE AIRPODS."

"WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN LOST?!"

"LOST MEANS- LOST!" Yujin restrained the urge to move from her hiding spot to kick Yena's . "WHICH PART OF IT YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND?"

"THE PART I AM GOING TO DIE BECAUSE YOU HAVE LOST THE ONLY THING THAT CAN SAVE US RIGHT NOW."

The walls were nearly rocked by a series of explosion. In two minutes, this place would be nothing but ruins, and the chance both of them could see the sun tomorrow might be lower than the possibility Yujin'd confess to her, which is, uh, zero?

God damn it. Yujin gritted her teeth. They could not die here. She had to do something. They couldn't just go down like this without fighting back.

Yujin placed a hand on her heart. It was beating crazily fast. She had to do something, because she would not let Yena die here, and she still had a confession to make.

Still had a pair of lips to kiss.

Yujin peered out, trying to search for anything that might help. Bricks. Stones. Broken computers. Chairs. Tables. There's got to be something, come on-

Her eyes lighted up at the sight of blue device lying close to where Yena was. She had to hurry before they destroy that one too.

"YENA." She called urgently. "YENA."

"WHAT?"

"ON YOUR LEFT. GIVE ME THAT HEADPHONES."

Yena emerged in her view, dust covering her face. She glanced quickly and seized the blue headphones. "I THOUGHT ONLY AIRPODS WORKS?"

"DID YOU SEE ANY PAIR OF AIRPODS AROUND HERE?" Yujin reached out and caught the device on the floor. Execpt the fact that it had a few scratches, probably because of the fall, the headphones looked fine, at least to her.

"FAIR ENOUGH." Yena shouted. "GOOD LUCK."

"I need more than just luck..." Yujin muttered, wearing the headphones. It felt different from AirPods, yet she had no choice. Better try than regret later.

Took a deep breath, Yujin closed her eyes, concentrating on every beat of her heart. 

This had to work. Yujin's breath started becoming slower and calmer. This had to work, because if not, then she really had no idea what to do to save this world and everybody else.

In, and out.

In, and out.

There's no collapsing sounds and explosion around her anymore.

In, and out.

She heard nothing at all.

In, and out.

Then Yujin opened her eyes.

 

Or, in which people just commented teasing Yujin whenever she posted a pic with her dear Airpods. They thought she was obsessed with it, little did they know Yujin had a hugs- secret with the device. Yujin had gladly kept the secret to herself (not really) until one day she went back to her own house and found a bunch of people in her kitchen eating her cereal, then proceeded to introduced themselves as someone who's going to change Yujin's life forever.

 

(Well they did. Kim Minjoo was the most beautiful girl Yujin had ever lay her eyes on.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Spoiler: Yujin can enter other worlds just by wearing the AirPods and concentrating. Kim Minjoo is the one she needs to find in one of those worlds to bring her back.