Chapter 2

Sequoia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feeling the warmth of the sunlight on his back, Taecyeon slowly sat up on the bed, clearly still half asleep. Evidence by his eyes that were struggling to open, his messy bed hair, and of course, the drool on his face.

Grabbing the neck of his shirt, Taecyeon used it to wipe off the drool. Turning to the window, he squinted at the sunlight that was now on his face, so he quickly grabbed the curtains and closed it. He doesn’t remember opening the curtains today, but he couldn’t care less right now, his body was painfully aching, from either the bed or the fact that he spent seven hours on the road yesterday, he's just gonna blame it on both of those.

He sat there for ten minutes regaining his consciousness before finally getting up and making his way towards the kitchen. He felt parched and the only thing that could help was a nice bottle of cold water. With his eyes barely open, Taecyeon took a water bottle from the fridge, downing it in one go as if it had been years since he felt water flowing through his throat. He was about to grab another bottle from the fridge, when an audible sigh was heard.

"Aish.. that kid is gonna empty his water supply in a matter of minutes"

He paused for a moment, either his ears were lying to him or he just heard a male voice talking. Slowly closing the fridge door again, turning to see if there was anyone in the cabin, to which of course he saw no one. Brushing it off as his half asleep mind hallucinating, Taecyeon decided to leave the kitchen and go to the bathroom to wash his face. That way he would feel more fresh and awake.

Walking back to the living room, drying his face off with a small towel he brought, Taecyeon was about to grab his toothpaste from his luggage until he saw the site of it. It looked clean? Strikingly different from how Taecyeon left it minutes ago, a mess, clothes scattered everywhere since he was searching for the towel, now it looked as if someone tidied it up while he was in the bathroom. Now he was sure that he wasn't alone in this cabin.

Being someone who grew up with the internet, Taecyeon remembers watching those stories where strangers live in people's houses without the owner knowing. He shuddered at thought, he's both emotionally and physically not ready to face some stranger who has been living in this cabin while it was still empty. If anything that person can just pop out right now, and he would probably run away. Or maybe, he should at least try acting brave first.

Taking a deep breath, Taecyeon crossed his arms, "Hey! Whoever is here, come out!"

He waited for a minute, and there was no answer. Sighing in relief, Taecyeon made his way back to the kitchen to make some breakfast. That is until he saw the stranger that was currently sitting on his kitchen island, laughing at whatever he thought was funny. 

The stranger looked a lot smaller than him, both in height and body size. He had brown curly hair, chubby cheeks, and puppy looking eyes. He was wearing a white shirt and white pants, like some sort of freak who wasn't worried about dripping liquid on himself when eating. Suddenly Taecyeon feels like he could obviously win against this stranger in a fight.

Pointing at the stranger, Taecyeon yelled out, "What are you doing in my cabin?!"

The stranger immediately stopped laughing when Taecyeon called him out. He looked around the kitchen as if looking for someone else, then his eyes widened when he realized he was the one who Taecyeon was pointing at. And he had the audacity to point at himself, as if he was asking if he was the one getting pointed at.

Making his way towards the stranger, Taecyeon was about to grip the man's collar, when suddenly, the only thing he gripped was thin air.

He stood there dumbfounded for a moment, because the stranger just disappeared in front of his eyes. Taecyeon moved his arms, and nothing was there, was his eyes fooling him? He was sure the man was here a second ago, did the man actually disappear or did he go insane already.

"You can see me?"

Turning around, Taecyeon saw the man at the doorway of the kitchen. He could tell that the smaller man was shocked by looking at the man's eyes, but the only thing Taecyeon didn't understand was, why was he shocked? Was he surprised that he had eyesight, Taecyeon felt like the stranger's question was stupid and was probably meant to be a joke. Well he thought it was meant to be a joke until the smaller man kept looking at him like he was dead serious.

"Uhh? Yeah, of course I could see you? Now what the hell are you doing in my cabin?"

Taecyeon watched as the stranger blinked, like he was processing what he just said earlier. And when the stranger started walking up to him, he could only raise his eyebrow in confusion because there was currently a weirdo walking up to him with a weird gaze.

"This is real right?" The stranger asked, he was now in Taecyeon's personal bubble, a bit too up close and personal for his liking.

"God i sure hope not, having a weird stranger examining my face IN MY CABIN, is a bit weird if i'm being honest"

The stranger frowned and slapped his hand, "Ok Taecyeon you better watch your mouth"

He doesn't remember telling the stranger his name, and it creeps him out a little, but he didn't say anything about it. He wasn't sure what to do either so he stay put as the stranger continued to examine his face, at this point he hopes this man isn't some weirdo who has been living here for years detached from society, the thought of this guy living here for years without his family's knowledge creeps Taecyeon out a little.

"I never told you my name…"

The stranger rolled his eyes at him, "I don't need to ask kid"

"Look, i don't know who you are.. but please leave my cabin before i call the cops" Taecyeon said while crossing his arms across his chest.

The man looked like he was holding in a laugh, which made Taecyeon even more annoyed because seriously who was this guy. He starts to wonder if the man in front of him was actually insane.

"Look even if you call the cops, the only person who will be labeled as crazy is you" The stranger emphasized on the word you by poking his chest, "but sure i'll leave, i will be coming back tomorrow though"

Taecyeon was about to complain, but the stranger already made his way towards the doorway, the smaller man stopped himself before leaving. "The woods have been quite dark without you Taec, it's great to see you back here kid" The stranger said with a warm comforting smile. It reminded him of something, or was it someone?

He was about to ask what the stranger meant, but when he went to the hallway, it was empty. There was no sign of anyone there other than him. Leaving him confused and somewhat scared.

"I'm telling you Chan, he just kinda poofed from the kitchen island to the door between the kitchen and the hallway.. and I don't understand" Taecyeon rants to his friend by phone, while putting away some of his clothes in his closet.

"Well there's only two logical explanation for this, one- ah wait a second, NO MOM I'M NOT TALKING WITH MY BOYFRIEND- THIS IS TAEC HYUNG FROM COLLEGE, NO HE'S NOT MY- UGH WHATEVER, don't laugh at this you idiot" Taecyeon still laughed anyway, imagining Chansung pouting on the other end before telling the younger to continue on, "as i was saying, the two logical explanations are, one, he's a magician, a crazy one that has been living in your house for the past few years, two, hyung you went insane"

Rolling his eyes at Chansung's words, he put his last pajama piece in the closet before closing it again. Grabbing the phone that was on his desk before laying down on his bed.

"I don't know.. it's just like he knew me? like he said it was good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter