Meeting You

Little steps towards You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" ," Joohyun is speeding through the traffic to reach the restaurant where she and her family are supposed to meet her "date and family."

"Mom, I'm sorry, I will be there in a few minutes, I had a meeting and it got prolonged."

As much as she was not interested in this blind date, she is not lying now, she really had a meeting about the new project investment and before they all realized, it was past their working hours.

After what felt like the fastest she has ever drove, she finally arrived at the restaurant, still in her working attire - a formal shirt and slacks. She is already late and doesn't have time to get ready.

Joohyun is not the type to get dolled up for someone, she loves simple clothes and the one's she is currently wearing does not seem that bad. She just want this night to end so that she could lie in her bed and surrender to sleep.

"Hello, Mom, I'm here, where are you all waiting?"

"At the family dining, Hyun-ah, come faster, everyone is waiting for you."

Joohyun rolled her eyes at that, she cannot do anything other than be a good girl and get through this. She asked the waiter about the family dining and headed to the direction. She scanned the area and finally found her parents talking with another couple and a woman whose back is facing her, That should be my supposed date and her parents.

Before she could approach them, her father has to shout and garner all the attention on her, great!

Joohyun reached the table with an awkward smile while her parents where so enthusiastic in dragging her to sit opposite to her date.

"Joohyun, meet Mr. and Mrs. Kang and their daughter Kang Seulgi!!" Her mom said with so much happiness that she is wondering whether they are going to marry her off to this Kang Seulgi.

"Hello. I'm Bae Joohyun. It's nice to meet you all. Sorry for being late, got stuck in a meeting. And also, Mom has been talking about your family non-stop." She chuckled while saying this because seriously, her mom has never shut up about this date for the past week.

"Oh, it's alright, Joohyun, It's good to finally see you, Your parents were saying how beautiful you are and well, you really are beautiful." Mrs. Kang said with a soft smile.

"Seulgi, introduce yourself."

Seulgi was nudged to introduce herself.

"Hi. Kang Seulgi here. It's nice to meet you, too" with a small smile she introduced herself.

Joohyun has to admit, this woman in front of looks so beautiful and polite. She does not even stare at Joohyun like she is a piece of meat and that made her feel somewhat good. Maybe, I can atleast talk to her without being creeped out. But it is too early to say that, too, Joohyun thought.

"Okay, shall we leave the kids alone? So that they can get to know each other well." Joohyun's mother asked and all of them nodded except for those two "dates."

They both thought this would be with their family and they would be talking for a few minutes, which is completely wrong by the look of their parents ready to leave them alone with a see you later and get to know each other well!

_

This is awkward to say the least. Seulgi has never thought she would be tongue-tied in front of a woman, a gorgeous woman, Seul, Seulgi shut her mind for that thought. She likes to consider herself "not-so-awkward and at least capable of starting a conversation" kinda person, but this woman seems so anxious she can see how the woman in front of her fidgets.

"Um, do you want to leave?" Seulgi asked softly afraid that the woman will get it wrongly.

"No, no, It's just, this is a bit awkward and I-" Joohyun mentally face palmed herself for saying it out loud, stupid Joohyun, "I'm sorry" she said meekly, lowering her head.

Seulgi laughed, this woman is cute.

"It's alright. I'm sorry that you have to go through this, we don't have any other choice, our parents seem so fixated on setting us together." Seulgi really feels sorry, Joohyun's parents are especially so eager to set her up with a stranger. It's not like Seulgi is a bad person, but she just hates all this arranged marriage fiasco, not that her parents are not going to force her to into this, she has an inkling that her parents took a liking to Joohyun the moment they saw her, it is just a matter of time until she will be kindly asked to marry Joohyun.

"Don't be. The same can be said to you, too. Besides, it's not your fault that my parents wants me to get married because for them I'm getting "older" day by day without a company." Joohyun said with a chuckle, which sounded bitter.

"You look beautiful for someone who is supposed to be 'older.' " Seulgi chuckled lightly, hoping to reduce the bitterness in Joohyun's words.

"I get that a lot, "You are beautiful" it's like they all only care about how I look. See, the first thing you said is also that."

Uh-huh, Seulgi did not expect that, "No, I did not mean it that way, sure, you look beautiful, but I'm not going to just categorize you only as a "beautiful woman" you know, there is more to someone than their physical appearance." She tried reassuring Joohyun.

"How about we get to know each other first? Let's start from the basics, I'm Kang Seulgi, an interior designer, it's nice to meet you." Seulgi outstretched her hand.

Joohyun thought this woman would be like the rest of the people she met, who only cares about how she looks, but she is pleasantly surprised at how Seulgi said she does not care about her appearance and wants to get to know her, because it is not like Bae Joohyun has ever been talked about anything apart from how beautiful she is, except for a few people and Seulgi is now added to the list .

"Bae Joohyun, Assistant Finance manager, pleasures all mine." She took Seulgi's awaiting hand and said with a bit bright smile.

The talk went. Interests and smiles were shared. The night progressed, both hoping to find a friend in each other at the least.

A date, which was accepted as an obligation is turning into something else, something pleasant.

_

Seulgi and Joohyun were forced to agree for another date. Sure their meeting went well and that was just it. But both their families wanted them to continue seeing each other and so they agreed. It was nice but that does not mean they started liking each at first glance, sure the other was attentive and spoke nicely, the conversation flowed well with little to no awkwardness after they started talking about their passion and such. When they exited the room hoping to leave peacefully, their parents were waiting for them in the main hall of the restaurant the whole time, damn, how wishful of them to be left alone without any nagging for more forced dates.

Their parents swarmed them the moment they stepped outside and they were subjected for enquiries about how their time went without even getting a chance to speak, do they know what "personal" means

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter