She Chose Me

To Let A Good Thing Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She chose me

-

Feeling a pair of eyes intently gazing upon her, she shifts  her attention from the menu towards the opposite table only to find a blonde haired girl staring at her with curiosity.

 

"Got stood up?" 

 

“Yeah, 3rd time actually.” to which Joohyun replied with an apologetic smile. The stranger appreciated the gesture. She continues after a deep sigh as she leans her back comfortably on the cushion of the wooden chair “This would be the last time though, I’m so done with this whole dating app thing.”

 

“I’m assuming we’re in the same thing then??” 

 

“Well if it’s your third time this week alone then yes.” she answered as she gently placed the menu down. 

 

“Good thing I ran into you here then. Joohyun by the way,  pleased to meet you” stretching her hands forward, “Seungwan, by all means” taking the hand that’s expectantly reaching out to her, and for a short second their eyes met not breaking the hands that were linked nor the gaze that was being given.. “May I?” she heard the stranger ask as she reached for the seat opposite to her, ready to occupy it. , Seungwan nods, feeling a little lost with the strange feeling she’s been getting ever since she was approached by this stranger. Not being able to pinpoint whether it was the glee of meeting someone new or the odd feeling of familiarity. 

 

“Pardon but I think you lost me, what do you mean??” 

 

“Aww, I just met you but I lost you already? That’s making me sad” Joohyun paused for a while as her lips taunted with a pout. She saw the other girl’s forehead slowly forming a frown yet a playful smile was evident in the girl’s lips. “What I’m saying is, I feel quite lucky ‘cause I met you here since you said you’re done with the dating app thingy already.” She sees Seungwan’s cheeks slowly getting stained with a whiplash of red tint as she finishes talking. 

 

Seungwan getting all flustered did not make her miss how the stranger would clench and unclench her hand on the table, the way she flicker her doe eyes of wonder and question or how the edge of her lip would lift up, and would eventually form into a wide eyed smile. 



 

The warm light seeping through the big glass window engulfs them adding a more familiar comfort, the blonde who sat across her flashed a charming yet mischievous grin that slowly revealed her dimple on her left cheek.  Seeing the blonde flustered and shy has got to be the most satisfying thing she has ever seen, at least for now, because everything is leaving her an impression that this lady in front of her can make everything so much more interesting for her, it’s like everything she does will render her in awe. 

 

It all starts with a tiny smile leading up to a bigger grin, her plump cheeks and half closed eyes when she’s thrown into a fit of laughter from a joke or a pickup line joohyun had thrown. And for a minute as the busy restaurant moves, she stares at her with a wide eyed gaze, with a deep breath she witnesses what is unfolding right in front of her, there was a bit of nervousness and worry but it sinked and the feeling of excitement and expectancy took over. 

 

Everything seems to be running, spinning and skipping and turning. Everything’s happening so fast, a blink of an eye and another set of people will be replaced on the table nearby, but out of all the people she has ever met,  none of them was able to make  her feel like this, none made her forget that the world spins; that the world can have a pause or that someone is offered a few minutes just to take how breathtakingly beautiful a sight can be. 

 

“So, you think you’re still up for a date today?”

 

This seems to catch the attention of  the lady in front of her as she’s finally now looking at her. She offers a smile with one of her eyebrows perching up as she observes the latter who she thinks is once again confused or taken aback by the sudden inquiry.

 

“Well.. I came here for a date after all. I mean, if there’s someone who’s willing to date me and apparently my supposed date isn’t one of them, I'd willingly grace that person with my time.” 

 

Joohyun flashed a big smile, too much to her liking. She felt her cheeks, stood up, and straightened her clothes, “Sounds good, I’m very much willing to be that person so, would you like to get out of here? Kinda planned my date for today.” Joohyun once again stretched her hands offering it to the blonde. It didn’t take long when the other’s hand placed it on hers sporting a warm smile and full blown flush across her cheeks. 


 

--- 

 

“ah, it's been a long time since I had egg waffles. '' Seungwan says as she stabs at the orange-battered quail egg from her cup. 

 

Joohyun looks at her with disbelief, did Seungwan just call that thing egg waffles? “I’m pretty sure it’s called neon balls” Joohyun replied but a sudden nostalgia sweeped her, a wave of familiarity. 

 

 

 “Neon balls is the perfect term for kwek-kwek” the blue bubble encases the text. 

 

“No, egg waffles.” 

 

“Neon balls.” a picture was sent after a few seconds. “Look at the color? Isn’t it neon in color?”

 

“Egg waffles, because it’s made out of eggs and the batter is much alike to the batter of waffles!” 


 

Joohyun’s eyebrows scrunched in the memory and her recollection was broken when Seungwan poked her cheeks, “What do you mean neon balls?” she heard her say. She turned to her and was welcomed to a food filled cheeks Seungwan looking like a little hamster as she munched the food in . 

 

“It should be called neon balls, just look at the color!” Joohyun clapped back a little too loud which made Seungwan playfully scoff. “No Hyun, what about the fact that it’s made of eggs and..” Joohyun a bit taken aback joined Seungwan in her trance “the batter is much alike to the batter of waffles”  


 

Seungwan looked at her confused, more like amazed is the right word, raising her eyebrows at her “So?” smirking at her. 

 

Joohyun laughed “Don’t give me that smirk, Wan. You might find that lip of yours busted by mine. Not that I’d be complaining about using my lips to bust yours tho. It’s just a silly memory, someone told me about that stupid egg waffle batter and such. It’s still pretty much neon balls for me.” 

 

She notices the other girl’s smirk dissolves to something neutral. Passing it off as Seungwan surrendering and her being the victor of the argument she continued eating. Much to Joohyun’s obliviousness. The latter has her mind spiraled over what Joohyun said, “Just who is this someone that made her eyes look in pain for a moment.” Jealousy? Anger? Whatever it is, she’s not liking it. She felt a tap on her lip that got her out of her little trance, only to find out it was Joohyun offering another street food from her cup, “here.” 

 

“I can feed myself.” shutting and keeping her lip tight as she takes a step back, refusing the round-shaped food Joohyun readily offers her as she raises one from her own cup and pops into .  

 

Joohyun stares at her with confusion, then she finds the blonde with a pout and she swears that this side of Seungwan will definitely end her one day. She smiled as she basked in the sulking Seungwan in front of her without much thought, fully consumed by the awestruck feeling tugging at her heart...

 

It was fast, and Seungwan didn't have the time to react, all she knew was there was a feeling on her lips, it was just a split second of sweetness but it made her heart do somersaults, caused her mind to go haywire, eyes widen in surprise with a flash of spark. She couldn’t stitch some words as she stared at the culprit who messed up her senses, she just offered her a silly smile as she looked down at the ground to where they were standing. 

 

-- 

 

Joohyun stared blankly on her tv, the boredom fully consuming her, she’s been thinking of reasons how she will be able to see Seungwan and spend time with her until her eyes landed on her mounted Nintendo Switch remembering Seungwan mentioned she’s playing Animal Crossing these days.

 

Joohyun grabbed her phone in a hurry quickly dialing in Seungwan’s number.

 

“Hey, how are you?”

 

“Spill it Hyunnie, what do you want? Don’t tell me you’re missing me already?”

 

“Don’t flatter yourself, Wannie. But yes I do, so could you grace me with your time and play with me?”

 

“Play? What game?”

 

“Uhm Animal Crossing?”

 

“But you said it’s too domestic and it’s sort of idle? I remembered you teasing me about it over and over. And you didn’t buy it from the store, remember?”

 

“Well yeah, I actually did a couple of days back because of you. So could you just please come over, Wannie. Pleeeeease~?”

 

She can feel Joohyun pout from the other line, she could only smile with how the older acted, it took her too long to answer which prompted for Joohyun to sigh on the other line,

 

“You know what, fine. It’s okay if you don’t want to. I just tried taking chances of making you spend time with me.”

 

Joohyun was about to end the call when she heard scrambling and shouting from the other line

 

“Hey Hyun! Wait, I’m sorry,  I’m coming over. Do you want me to stay over though? The last time was a mess. I didn’t even have some spare clothes. Yours were tacky. I need my satin pajamas.”

 

“Really, you’ll stay over? Carps?”

 

There was it again the odd feeling of familiarity, 

 

“Do you think about meeting up someday?” the message reads

 

“Why?”

 

Using her thumbs she types “I think I finally want to see you,” 

 

“carps?” 

 

“What do you mean carps? Do you want me to bring a carpet? That is expensive” 

 

“No you dumb dumb, carps, carpet, RUG”

 

“Huh rug?” 

 

“R U G are you g? Are you game?” 

 

Wendy smiled at the memory, you’re still the most beautiful thing I’ve never seen. 

 

“Wannie? Are you there? Bab- Wan?”

 

“ing carps and conyos. I’ll come over okay, you better order some pizzas and beers.”

 

“Oh~ wanna get drunk? And you’re saying I should behave?” 

 

“Shut up, Hyunnie. I’m gonna go and prep now.”

 

Joohyun heard her front door opening and saw Seungwan taking her shoes off and heading to her on the couch, they met for a quick hug for a greeting. They bonded over pizzas and beers playing Animal Crossing, visiting islands, trading turnips, buying silly outfits, annoying villagers, redecorating the never ending renovatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter