The Most Beautiful Thing

To Let A Good Thing Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Most Beautiful Thing

-

It’s a typical night, in a tidied dress clad in her favourite trench coat, with a fresh rose in hand, a spark in her eyes, Seungwan walks with confidence intoxicated with longingness; of expectation. In the long hours of traffic, it should be this specific place; because as per her this is where she should meet “her” . So regardless if the supposed thirty minute drive turns to an annoyingly one and a half hour of impatience, Seungwan would brave it through. A little sacrifice for a night she’ll definitely remember.

 

Arriving at the place, she made her way to the lobby with certainty that tonight’s gonna be a good night. “Good evening, Miss Son. It’s been a while. The usual?” The receptionist greeted her with an all too familiar smile. She nods as she greets the person and follows to the spot she’s well familiar with. “So, now or later?”  She heard him ask as she settled on the seat. “I think it’s gonna be later this time. A glass of water would be nice though.” 

 

Seungwan traced the whole place with her eyes as she hung her coat on the chair opposite to her. She has been here a couple of times already that everything should felt normal nay, familiar to her but she finds herself with the feeling of taking in the place for the first time, there’s something about the usual soft music as it now tingles her usual relaxed senses, the silent clatter of the silverwares with an intrinsic pattern that she grew accustomed with. Everything is all set as it had always been in this place but somehow tonight seems different. The ambiance, the vibe... maybe it was because of the excitement on her chest? Or maybe it’s the new quiver on her hand underneath the peach table mantle, either of the two, Seungwan feels that maybe at the end of the night as they part it could be considered a time well spent.

 

It hasn’t been that long since she met a stranger from a dating app, it was a dead night, an ungodly hour when her message was returned; totally unexpected. What started as casual exchange of messages turned to the most mundane things a person would talk about, yet it has been quite a delight. She found herself strung along by the greed of wanting more than what already is. 

 

Seungwan has always thought whether love will come in the form of an old friend, a person from a bar, a stranger from the subway, or a coworker she barely knew. It was an endless scenario she has played in her head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter