All My Loving

One Night At Heejin's

- GOWON POV -


--------------------

 

So, interested about Yerim huh?

Well, what can I say? She's quite the charmer, this lovely girl.

We've been friends since middle school. I wouldn't say we had a good first impression, her hitting me with a football in the head 20 meters away from me isn't how I imagined it. What makes it worse is that she was actually aiming for the goal, while I was literally walking outside the field where she was attending P.E. at that moment.

I was a year older than her grade so I did plan on scolding her but as she approached me, its like the sun shone directly on me 10x more than usual, it was blinding. Her extroverted personality overpowered my introverted one so before I could complain, I was being dragged to the infirmary. I wasn't seriously hurt or anything, she didn't even bother checking but hey, I just rolled with it.

Of course she wouldn't stop apologizing until I had to physically reach for her arms and pin them down as apology accepted. I was willing to let things be bygones, until she wanted to treat me to tteokbokki because she felt bad. My pride was kinda hurt but you'd be a fool to turn this one down.

After that day, we just sorta met eachother more around the campus. I haven't realized how much I actually saw her before until I actually know her now. We we're even in the same dance club, I probably didn't notice her since Sooyoung and Jinsol unnie kept me in a corner for themselves.

I asked Sooyoung unnie to press this kid Yeojin against a locker to get information about Yerim. I couldn't do it because people haven't realized I'm actually intimidating. I got her a book of Harry Potter as a thank-you gift for always being bright and for being my new friend. I wasn't sure which one of the series it was, I just took one from the shelf after an eenie-minnie pick, but she was over the moon for it so I'm just glad I did it. I do however regret asking Sooyoung unnie to do the favor because Yeojin was apparently Haseul unnie's younger sister and she was more furious than ever. And ever since then, we became close friends.

 

--------------------

 

"Yerim, what are we doing out here?".

"Unnie, just trust me on this. You're gonna love it". She pulls me by the hand while we walk outside the sidewalk at 8 in the evening. Its in the middle of December, so everywhere you look is just snow.

After a long week of deadlines, reading and writing all sorts of papers, I just want to have some time to recharge. Is that too much to ask?.

"Yerim, its -5 ing degrees"

Yerim looks back with a frown. "Unnie, what did I say about your language?".

"Okay, okay. Yerim, its -5 degrees out here and sooner or later we're gonna die of hypothermia".

Yerim whines, but it just came off as cute. "C'mon don't be such a killjoy, we're almost there".

"Where is there, Yerim? Its in the middle of the night, out here in the cold. You're not planning on killing me, are you? Because I will fight back, like an angry squirrel".

Yerim had to pull me harder as I stopped dead on my tracks while pondering my question. "No unnie, I'm not killing you or anything, you have to stop watching crime documentaries, look what they've done to you!"

"Atleast tell me where we're going, please".

Yerim deflated, she looked so sad I actually feel bad now for asking. "We're going to my house, okay?"

"Oh. Well you could've just told me Yerim!"

Said girl stomps her feet, it gets swallowed by a small layer of snow. "You could've just trusted me, unnie!".

"Okay fair enough. Lead the way"

Yerim shows her signature sunshine smile again before tugging me harder, almost making me trip. She sure is excited to show me something, but then again when is she not excited?

 

 

A couple more street turns, and before you know it, I saw Yerim's house, a bungalow in corner street of a suburban neighbourhood.

As soon as we entered, I heard her parents asking her where she's been but Yerim just dragged me further into the house. I could've said hello at least.

Finally, she stopped in front of  the door to her room. Adorned with a posters and pictures of her favorite girl group, Oh My Girl, as well as a giant purple Fruit Bat in the middle. "Well, we're here now. What is it Yerim?"

She didn't respond, she just looked at me with a bright smile, brighter than usual. She slowly opened the door and went "Tadaaa!"

There were pillows and blankets everywhere. In the middle of it all, was a mini table with snacks, my favorite snacks. A projector on a stack of books illuminated on a white sheet tied to the curtain rod. A horror movie I've been dying to see for a while now is paused on-screen.

I just stood there because I couldn't say anything. Yerim got in and started pointing out everything out to me.

"...and, we even have this heater incase you feel too cold! Isn't that great unnie?". Yerim's smile slowly faded, she approached me carefully. "Unnie, is this okay? Is it too much? I-I can change a couple things, I dont mind-"

"Is this all for me?", Yerim twiddled with her fingers, her eyes we're staring at everything but me.

No words were needed at that moment. It was a stressful week for me, and this is exactly what I needed to relax. I just approached Yerim and hugged her so tight. I'm not one for hugging, but if it's Yerim, she can have me all day.

"Thank you" I muttered while my head is buried on the crook of her neck.

Even from below I can see her smile, the warmth she radiates ignored the cold winter night.

"Lets watch a movie, unnie".

 

-----------------------

 

"Yerim, I think I finally found my soulmate".

When I finally told Yerim, I was actually expecting her to jump for joy and ask me all kinds of questions.

What I didn't expect is the cold reaction and awkward silence.

"You do? Oh, uhm congratulations unnie. I'm happy for you", She lightly smiled at me before continuing her mobile game on the couch.

I sit dumbfounded on the carpet, cheese ramyeon on hand. Is she pissed at me? I mean sure, I'm sorry she had to clean up my vomit but Yerim's not one to hold a grudge.

"You...don't want to know who it is?"

"I, well...", She scratched the back of her head while looking down, "Only if you're comfortable telling me".

Yerim is considerate and respects my boundaries all the time. But now, its like she doesn't really want to know anything, like I struck a nerve and pissed her off big time.

"Dont worry Yerim, I'm just joking. Unnie is all yours". I close my eyes as I prepare for a hug

"I know it's not a joke, you even have a mark on your arm".

Eyes widened, I hide my sleeve out of fear. She saw? How?

"Yeah, I saw. Who did you think changed you out of your dirty sleeves?"

Its not rare for girls to change together, but her undressing my lifeless body is embarrassing at the very least.

"Well... okay look, I seriously don't know how I got that."

For the first time in a while, I saw Yerim frown. It was bone chilling.

"Well, obviously something happened unnie, you wouldn't put that yourself right?"

"Maybe I did, you know since I always preach to, 'love yourself' right? Hahaha...".

I thought some banter would lighten the mood, but Yerim is not having it at all.

Admitting defeat, I sigh while scratching my head. "I dont remember what happened last night. I just woke up on a bathtub with this". Pulling my sleeve, I reveal the phrase:

 

"Property of: My Soulmate"

 

Yerim crosses her arms, "Unnie, what did I say about being responsible?".

"I know, I'm sorry..."

The act doesn't last long, she sighs before caressing my shoulder. "Do you know who did it?"

"Not at all. Even the girls don't. Everyone was too busy drinking or being , I don't know".

Yerim retreats, she seems to be thinking of something.

"The girls said you visited last night. Did you saw who it was?".

"That's what Im trying to recall. I think I did saw you leave with someone last night. A dark-haired girl..."

"Hyunjin said alot of the guests are brunettes or dark-haired, we don't know for sure".

Yerim nods, "True, but I'm pretty sure It was you. The girl I saw had a Kirby sling bag, just like yours".

It was a birthday gift I received last year, as well as a welcome gift for moving in together. What are the chances of someone having the same pouch, amirite?

"Did you see the person I was with?"

Yerim sinks further into the sofa, the deeper she tries to recall the memory last night. "I couldn't see her face, just her long hair, dark hoodie and that she was almost a head taller than you".

"My head or her head?"

"Your...its- wait what? Okay look she's taller than you".
 

She could've just said so.
 

"Anything else that stands out?"

"I don't know... I don't think so".

Who knew trying to recall memories could be tiring. If nothing helps, just slump in your seat once again.

"Why didn't you stop me?", It was my turn to question her actions.

She seems dumbfounded by the sudden question, "I don't know, I thought you knew her. I didn't want to ruin your night too".

"Well, what if I didn't know her,  which I certainly did not?", I cross my arms to assert dominance.

"Unnie, you told me to not babysit you. And didn't I just tell you to be responsible for yourself?".

A moment of silence took place before I nodded in agreement. I placed my arms back down and continued eating.

"Unnie, you should really eat more food than just ramyeon".

I took a big slurp (making sure she heard the sound) before replying, "Ramyeon is integrated in my blood, I can not live without it".

She waved me off before going back to her game.

 

Look I do eat other food, I just like noodles more. It reminds me of alot of memories before, like having it with Jinsol and Sooyoung unnies, as well as having it with Yerim the night I slept over at her house in winter, as well as eating with the whole gang at school.

I had my ways with the cafeteria lady where I'd slide a 20 to add an egg and scallions to my noodles. Worth every penny.

 

Heh.

 

School ramyeon...

 

"I don't eat much of it, especially not at school since I have to train..."

 

=Chaewon's Memory Bank=
: 40% out of 100


 

"UNNIE! Dont spit all over the carpet!"

I fumble to stand up, trying not spill the rest of my meal.

"Yerim! The school files!"

"What?"

"Our school files have our pictures with them right?"

"Oh, well yeah-"

I place my cup down, "If we could get those files, maybe I can remember which one of them is her!"

The unamused expression on her face says it all "Unnie, seriously?"

"Yes, I'm serious! We can get Haseul unnie to give us access to the papers!"

Yerim stands up abruptly, palms facing me, "Woah, woah woah woah woah (see what I did there?), You're bringing Haseul unnie into this as well?

"Well, she's a school official isn't she? She's our only chance"

"Right, another thing I wanted to mention, what do you mean by 'we'?"

If I sulk, Ill get her to do it. "C'mon Yeriiim, do this for unnie, please?"

She tries to look away, but I know she could never refuse me.

She sighs, then narrows her eyes looking straight me, "How bad do you want to find her unnie?"

"Like bad, real bad! I need to know what happened..."

Yerim stays silent for a moment, before standing up.

 

"Fine".

 

I couldn't help but pump my fists in the air, I stood second and enclosed Yerim in a tight hug. Finally, I heard her laugh again. Seeing Yerim all serious isn't a sight to see.

 

"Oh I love you Yerim".

"Yeah...me too unnie. Me too".

 

-----------------------

 

"Should I get something else?"

"If you insist, take a watermelon".

"Deadass?"

"Hell yeah, deadass. Watch me break one open with a spoon".

I came to celebrate my transfer to SOPA, but here I am with a girl I just met, surfing a 7/11 for snacks.

She placed back a wafer from her hand and looked at me,"You sure they're not gonna look for you?"

"Oh, they're having fun, let them have fun".

Her winking at me is not helping reduce the flushing in my cheeks.

"Want a ramyeon?"

She blows a raspberry, so I guess not.

"I don't eat much of it, especially not at school since I have to train..."

Come to think of it, she' hasn't told me much about her personal life. I wonder what she trains for...

With one eyebrow raised, she replies "You seriously bringing ramyeon with you? We don't have hot water".

"Hot or raw, I'd take it"

Her smirk means alot of things, like being immature and finding my comment funny.

"I didn't take you as a naughty girl, stranger"

Look at her raising her hands like she's innocent, if anything she just looks cute, and mischievous...

Maybe if I act cute, she'd do what I ask.

"At least tell me your nameee~"

I know it had some effect because her ears are red, "Just trust me when I tell you I'm not a serial killer".

I fake gasp, "I was just about to ask you!"

"Yeah, well...", She tucks her hands on the pockets of her hoodie. She looks at me with a smirk, "You're too fun and cute to kill".

I maybe a little drunk, but I already feel like in heaven.

 

Note: sorry for late update, its finals week but itll be done soon. Ill try to update more frequently when Im free