After Party

One Night At Heejin's

- GOWON POV -


----------------------

 

Chill breeze.

 

Cold temperature.

 

Dark clouds.

 

Chances of rain.

 

The road ahead isn't visible, but all I feel is this cool aura around me.

 

Then the raindrops started pouring.

 

I can feel them run down my face.

 

As I close my eyes and look up the skies, I've never felt so free...

 

 

The water is starting to build up.

 

 

I feel the push of waves on my legs.

 

 

Its coming up to my torso.

 

 

Why cant I seem to move in this flow?

 

 

Its up to my chin now.

 

 

I should ask for help, but is there anyone here? Where am I even?

 

 

Only my eyes are above the water at this point.

 

 

I'm afraid of drowning.

 

 

Help.

 

 

Please help.

 

 

 


Wait is that a giant palm swinging towards my direction-

 

 

"-WAKE UP!"

The loud slap on my cheek woke me from my dream.

I sit up from the chair I'm submerged in.

Its bright in here, too bright...

Submerged? Is this even a chair?

Water. Porcelain. A bath tub.

Raindrops fall from the shower thats .

My eyes feel drowsy, everything looks blurry. Who the hell-

"Chaewon, you are you okay?

That deep voice. Tint of concern. Heejin.

"Jin, are you gonna kill me?"

"What- you're not sober still?"

"Are you gonna sell my organs to the black market?-"

Heejin sighs deeply, "Right, lets get you up..."

I feel skinny arms pull me up from my shoulders.

I struggle to stand with two feet. Jin will have to suffer for a bit while I lean on her.

"Jin I dont have healthy organs, ramyeon is my best friend..."

"Shh now, lets get you something to eat to sober you up"

"Ramyeon?"

"Yeah whatever..."

 

--------------------

 

"You got totally wasted didn't you?"

"YoU gOt tOtALlY wAsTeD dIdNt yoU?", I mock her voice. Everything hurts in my body, Heejin teasing me isn't helping. I slurp a fork's worth of noodle from my ramyeon, Heejin does the same.

Heejin drinks from her cup. "Why'd you get bat drunk last night? How sad we're you? Did you break up with someone?"

Too many questions, my head is spinning.

"Jin, you know I'm single you pleb".

"Yeah I thought so". Heejin looks from across the room and smiles lovingly at Hyunjin sweeping the floor. I felt like puking food right at this moment. I'll just tell her its my nausea.

I press at my temples with eyes closed. "Look, I don't remember anything at all. Why did you even throw a party?"

Heejin looks perplexed, she chuckles. "Come on, Gowon you're ting me right?"

Hopefully Heejin can read my blank expression as absolutely having no clue at all.

"I guess they didn't call you '3 shot woman' for no reason".

"Dont even start, Jin".

"You really can't hold your liquor, AND your hangover".

If it wasn't for my hangover hunger, I would've thrown a piece of noodle at her. 

"She's our baby unnie after all", Hyunjin passes by me and gives Heejin a peck on the cheek. The latter blushes, Hyunjin leaves to throw the trash.

"Chaewon, you told us you're leaving town to study in the big city. Thats why we decided to throw you a party at my house, since my folks are out of town".

=Chaewon's Memory Bar=
: 20% full out of 100%

That's right, I'm leaving town. 

I got into SOPA, to follow the footsteps of my unnies, Yves and Jinsoul. This is literally a dream come true for me.

Deep in thought, Heejin started waving at my face. I face her again, "How did it go?"

"Well, lets just say if you got wasted, then the others might have it bad as well. But I think everyone enjoyed themselves". Heejin brings her ramyeon cup to her face and drinks it all up.

Hyunjin pulled a chair besides Heejin and sat together with us. I looked across the living room, now that it was empty.

There were still a couple spilled drinks, confettis, and marks that I hope will get off with some hard scrubbing. Deflated balloons and some inflated ones the cat girl wanted to keep to play with Heejin. Hyunjin was bad at cleaning, but she tries hard so I don't have much to say.

"How are you feeling now?"

I shrug. The ramyeon helped me clear my thinking a bit. 

A part of me feels kinda hollow, like something's wrong.

"I'm alright, I guess".

"Good, good". Hyunjin playfully smirks at me, this doesn't feel right...

"Then, can you tell us where you got that?", Hyunjin points at my arm.

Baffled, I look down at where she was pointing.

 

I dropped my fork. The sounds of my friends suddenly became inaudible.

 

Right there, on my forearm, is written in marker that says:

 

"Property of: My Soulmate"

 

--------------------

 

Pacing around in circles usually helped me think better, but this nausea will be the death of me.

Heejin and Hyunjin tries to remember all the people who talked to me last night. I have absolutely no clue whom I met at all.

"Unnie".

Heejin calls me. I stop in my tracks and look at her in curiousity.

"You didn't sleep with someone last night, right?"

My eyes widen. I feel stiff all of the sudden.

"Did you?"

Look, I may be a simp for goth girls, but I'm not easy. The two people I shared a bed with is Yerim when she was drunk as hell and refused to let me go, and my Kirby stuffed toy Sooyoung got for me.

"I don't know, I don't think so..."

The girls sigh in relief, but they don't seem very convinced either.

Heejin's ears perk up. "Wait, I think I saw you go out with someone last night".

"Are you sure, Heekkie?"

"Yeah, a brunette went out with a taller dark haired girl".

"Heejin, more than half of our guests were brunettes or dark haired".

"Oh right". Heejin once again ponders to herself. Hyunjin holds her hand in encouragement.

 

They may be a cute couple, but damn do they act dumb from time to time.

 

"Maybe it's one of the girls". I face the couple, hoping they can tell me who were present last night.

Heejin frowns in disagreement, "They know better than to with you, unnie. Let alone sleep with you. But gay is gay anyway, so who knows right?".

Hyunjin nods, she places a hand on her chin "Lets see, me and Heejin were here being hosts, unnies Haseul, Jiwoo and Vivi where having the time of their lives..."

"There's a bathroom story of Haseul and Vivi unnie, but maybe for a latter date".

"...I think I saw Yerim looking for you. She didn't stay long, she just wanted to check on you".

Typical of Yerim. Always looking out for me. I can't help but feel kinda giddy for what she did.

Hyunjin taps on Heejin's shoulder, "Was Jungeun unnie around?".

"She had to study for exams, besides she's not a party person either".

Even if she did attend, I doubt I'd sleep with Jungeun. Or anyone as matter-of-factly, I am my own lover.

Heejin nods to herself, "I think thats about everyone right?"

"Right, other than that, the rest of the guests where friends of ours, friends of theirs, and so on".

I can't help but grab my hair in frustration. Why did I have to get so drunk last night? What exactly did I do that led to this?

My exhale was deep, 10 minutes into make morning and I'm having the worst of it. "I really can't do this right now".

"Maybe some sleep will help you, unnie".

I wanted to repay their kindness by helping them clean up, but I bet they'll curse me if I puke on a newly mopped floor anyways.

"I hope so too. I'd love to help but I can't even walk properly, so I should go home. Yerim's probably worried sick".

"We dont mind at all, don't we Heekkie?", Heejin giggles at Hyunjin's flirty expression.

"Ugh, please don't do that infront of me".

"Oh you love to see it".

I'll beat up Hyunjin next time.

 

--------------------

 

I took my bag that Heejin fixed up for me, she fiddles with her fingers, "Are you sure you dont want us to drive you home?"

"I'll be fine, Jin. Thanks for last night, even though I dont remember anything..."

Hyunjin pops out from behind Heejin and slings her arm around the girl,
"Tell us when you're leaving town, we'll take you to the station".

I did my cute nod and both girls cooed at me. The power I hold is immeasurable. 

My head keeps pounding that my hand can't help but caress it.

Hyunjin looks for something inside her pocket. "Need more aspirin?"

"One drug is enough, I'm a big strong girl"

"Strong girl, I agree with but..."

I knew she'd flinch when I raised my fist with violent intent.

"I guess that's it, konichiwa es"

I made sure to wave at them before heading towards the door, they waved back enthusiastically.

 

 

"Chaewon, konichiwa means 'hello'"

"Whatever".

 

--------------------

 

I'm not one to owe people. 2jin did so much for me already, babysitting me in my time of suffering, which is why I refused for a ride home. But my hangover hadn't been better, only worse. 

 

Commute sounds had never been so loud until now.

 

As I sit on the bus, I try to recover even a fraction of my memory. All I remember are words...

"...hoodie..."

"...ramyeon..."

"...breakfast..."

"...girls?..."

"...soulmate..."

They gotta mean something, right?

This is why I don't trust my memory. It alters events to your liking, just to make you feel better.

Except this time, my mind is in hibernation, and left an unwavering pain for me to bear.

Soap and isorophyl alcohol hadn't removed the writing on my arm. Good thing I'm wearing sleeves.

 

Who the wrote this, seriously?

 

I'm not one to just let anyone touch me, let alone write on my body.

What was that person up to? What did we do last night that led up to this?

Why can't I remember this person?

Who is this person?

I don't care if the other passengers find me weird, I'm gonna deflate in my bus seat with a loud groan because it's my business, not theirs.

Maybe one of the girls saw who I went out with. Let's see...

It's kinda weird for me to see Jiwoo not going head over heels with Sooyoung since the taller is out of town. She probably chat up everyone else in the party, so I doubt she saw me around.

They said Yerim came to check on me. Such a sweet girl, I adore her so much. Maybe she saw me with someone. I should ask her when I'm not this close to dying anymore.

Haseul and Vivi unnie... C'mon is this even a question? 2jin said they where in the bathroom doing God knows what. And no, I'm not tipsy enough to listen to the story too.

2jin claims they didn't see anyone. Maybe they're ing with me... Nah they wouldn't. 

I guess I'll have to think about this later.

Some people just want to sleep in peace, this includes me. But some kids about 4 seats from me are being loud. Way too loud.

I curse myself for not being upfront and assertive. Fiendish delinquents.

 

 

That hoodie... It looks familiar.

 

 

Woah.

 

Hoodie.

 

 

"...I always wear hoodies, my closet is  nothing but hoodies"

That smile. Those triangle lips.

Who are you?

 

--------------------

 

"Chaewon unnie!"

"Seriously, stop calling me that I feel so old-"

Yerim is hugging me so tight. Too tight, I need help-

"Yerim, okay come off now-"

"Oh sorry, I was just worried sick!"

"Im sorry for making you worry. The girls took care of me, but I'm off to sleep a bit more".

I think Yerim wanted to say more, but she held back to let me enter my room. She's such a considerate friend.

"Should I make you something? Have you eaten?"

"Heejin made me some wack ramyeon, I'm actually feeling a bit nauseous".

"Do you need anything?"

"Just get me the bucket from the bathroom, and I'll be fine".

Yerim nodded, her squeal usually means she remembered something.

"I got some of that cheesy ramyeon you kept looking for this whole week".

"Yerim have I ever told you I wanted to marry you?".

Lately, Yerim had been blushing more whenever I compliment her. It all starts with a chuckle, then her face gets a shade of pink.

"Chile, anyways I'll be in my room. I may be a suffering mess but call me if you need me".

Yerim sent a small wave and proceeded to retreat to the kitchen. Is that the ramyeon she told me I smell?

As soon as I laid down, my eyes felt heavier. So soft, so comfy, being half submerged in a bathtub can't compare to this.

 

Sleeeeep...

 

Yet another flowing feeling.

 

It's moving fast.

 

Where is it going?

 

It's getting closer.

 

Why is it getting closer?

 

I can feel it within me.

 

What could it be?

 

 

Oh God.

 

 

I think I'm gonna puke-

 

---------------------

 

"...I always wear hoodies, my closet is nothing but hoodies."

As I raise up my hand to cover my mouth while laughing, I spill some of my drink on my arm. This hits stronger than I anticipated.

"Oh, be careful", soft hands grab my forearm. I look up at the person with a giddy smile. I really can't control myself while drunk 

"Heeey,, I'm a big strong girl,,, okay??"

"Hmmm... I don't think you're that big though..."

I wanted to show my death glare, but it came off as playful .

The cologne smells so good. How close are we to each other?

"I think you're the perfect height for hugs"

My heart is beating so fast.

Is this what infatuation feels like?