Pocky Kiss

Pocky Kiss

Key's Pov

Why would he do the pocky kiss with me? What are his intentions? It's not like he doesn't know how I feel about him. He knows I like him, but he had to go on and break my heart by dating her and now, he just had to break my heart even more by doing the pocky kiss. He knows I would fall even deeper in love with him. he knows it, but he still have to do it. I don’t understand him anymore. Why? I know it was a dare, but he could have easily said no since he already have a girlfriend. Ever since the whole world knew about him and sekyung, we stopped doing any fan services with each other since it's no longer needed. 

I wonder if he knows how my heart stopped when our lips almost touched. I almost kissed him. Almost. Thankfully, I was smart enough to not do that, or else... I cannot imagine what would happen if we do kiss. I just want to cry. Why does Kim Jonghyun have to do this? Why does he have to play with my feelings? 

Jonghyun's pov

I know I shouldn't have dated sehkyun. I know I shouldn't have agreed to do the pocky kiss with key. I might have hurt key’s feelings. Even though he never told me how he felt about me when he was conscious, I know he likes me. One day when he was drunk, he told me that he likes me. Oh how I wish I could go back in time. Maybe dating sekyung was a bad idea, but if I don't date her, people might start to suspect that I am gay. The truth is.. I actually am. It's just that, if people know I'm in love with my band mate, I don't know what their reaction will be. I am just scared that SHINee might break up because of that. Why do people have to be so judgmental? What's wrong with loving your best friend? What's wrong with dating people with the same ? Screw this society! 

Third person pov: 
Jonghyun walked out of his room and to the kichen, where Key was cooking. 

"Hey key. I'm sorry," Jonghyun said sincerely.

"Why are you sorry?" Key asked while chopping the vegetable into two, not looking up. 

"I know I shouldn't have done the pocky kiss with you..." 

“haha. What?” 

“I think I know how you feel about me….” 

"How do I feel about you? Tell me. I'm curious. I want to know." Key finally looked up and stared at jonghyun. He was curious as to what jonghyun might know. 

"I know you like me." Jonghyun said it without any hesitation. He looked straight into key's eyes, and suddenly, key began to tear a little. 

"Oh. so you know huh? Do you know how hard it is for me to know that the person I'm in love with is dating someone that is not me? Do you know how hard it is for me whenever I see you and...her kiss? Do you know? Do you know how painful it feels? Do you? No! You don't kno-" and suddenly jonghyun's lips were against key's. 

Key didn't know how to react. He didn't expect jonghyun to kiss him. He didn't expect the lips that he has always wanted to kiss is finally kissing him. He tilted his head a little to the right, allowing more spaces, so both their tongues have more space to explore. Key always hear people talking about fireworks when they have their first kiss with the person the love, but never got to experience it at all. However, now, he's making his very own fireworks with jonghyun. But, they shouldn't kiss at all. Jonghyun doesn't love him. The person jonghyun loves is sekhyung, not him. The person jonghyun wants to make fireworks with is her, and not him. As much as he didn't want to pull away, he pushed jonghyun away so they can stop kissing. 


"Don't kiss me if you don't like me. It might be fun for you, but it certainly isn't for me" key said while trying to hold in his tears, but before he could turn away, a drop of tear fell down from his eyes. Then he was walking away from the kitchen. 

Jonghyun could not bare to see key cry. He never meant to hurt him. When he kissed him, he really love him. he was not playing with key’s feelings. Why couldn’t key see it? He let key go once, and he is not going to let key go again. He regretted his first decision, and he was not going to do the same mistake again. 

"I know how it feels key. I really do. You probably don't know this, but I've been in love with my best friend for a very long time. I just.. I was scared that people might try to separate us or even break up SHINee if they found out I like men instead of women. I'm so sorry key. I..just.." Jonghyun starts to cry. "I just.. I didn't know I would cause you so much pain. All I ever wanted is for you to be happy. I never want you to cry. I want to be the one to make you smile. I want to be the one to hug you whenever you are feeling upset. I want to be the one to lend you a shoulder to cry on. I want to be the one to make you forget all your problems. I want to be the one to make fireworks with you. I want to be your everything. I just want you to be happy."

" You silly. Do you think dating someone else will make me happy? Do you think I don't want to be your everything?" Key said through his tears and walked toward jonghyun smiling a little. He then gave jonghyun a hug. "You silly dino. I love you, and I don't want anything else. All I want is you. Just you alone is enough to make me the happiest man alive." 

Jonghyun looked at key and gave him the gentlest kiss. It was that moment that key finally knew how jonghyun feels about him. 

"I, Kim Jonghyun, loves Kim Kibum. I want to be your forever."

“and I, Kim Kibum, loves you, Kim Jonghyun, forever.”