at the party why'd you show up looking like that?

shouldn't be thinking about you like that

When Mina sees Nayeon walk into the party in that little red dress, her whole world comes to a halt.

As she watches her best friend make her way through the throngs of people, Mina can’t help but feel like she’s having a revelation; watching Nayeon’s smiling face as she greets strangers here and there makes Mina realize that this is the moment.

The moment where every single not so friendly thoughts she ever had about Nayeon -that had been pushed to the deepest parts of her mind to be ignored- were violently shoved right into her face.

And when Nayeon makes eye contact with her and smiles that full fledged smile that seems to be reserved only for her…

Oh.

… Mina’s heart skips a beat, and everything starts making sense.

It’s an earth shattering, mind blowing, world stopping revelation: Mina loves Nayeon. Has loved her for as long as she could remember but was too blind (and too stubborn) to realize it.

No wonder she has never liked any of Nayeon’s exes, always finding them lacking, getting jealous of them spending time with Nayeon, always feeling annoyed whenever her best friend would mention them; she had told herself it was because she couldn’t spend as much time as she used to with Nayeon, but now she knows it’s because she wanted to be in their place.

In reality, it has been no more than a few minutes since she realized that she is in love with her best friend, but to Mina it feels like a lifetime.

The sight of Nayeon finally in front of her almost makes Mina drop her drink, if the sight of her from afar made her heart skip a beat, having her up close almost makes Mina have a heart attack.

, Mina thinks before downing her drink in one go, trying to drown the inappropriate thoughts that she should most definitely not be having about her best friend.

So Mina does the most logical thing to do in this situation: waves a quick high to Nayeon before yeeting the out of there saying that she really needs to pee before her spleen bursts.

Totally believable , Mina pats herself in the back as she makes her way to the kitchen, each step she takes away from Nayeon making her feel like she can finally breathe without feeling like she’s having a .

This thing of romantically liking your best friend is not up to Mina’s alley.

So she does what makes sense in the moment: drink herself stupid and try to avoid Nayeon at all costs before she makes a fool of herself.

It’s not as easy at it seems.

Sure, drinking herself stupid is not that hard since Mina has a really low alcohol tolerance (even though she tries to deny it); but the avoiding Nayeon?

Extremely hard. The hardest thing she has ever done, more so since it seems like Nayeon is everywhere she looks, even though she is not actively looking for her, Mina still manages to find her.

And every time she does, her treacherous heart sings and threatens to jump out of her chest.

So Mina downs drink after drink, until she manages to quiet down all those thoughts she should not be having about her best friend. Her seemingly flawless plan works perfectly fine.

Until it doesn’t.


inspired by the ace’s new emotion , written for GG Jukebox Mixtape Round 2

as you can see this is not the end, will try to finish this fic soon uwu

hope you like it so far

disclaimer: all mistakes are mine, english is not my first language.

you can also find me on
tw: @anothershipper
cc:/anothershipper
☕: /anothershipper