HER: Fantasy

HER

It was a gloomy Monday for Minatozaki Sana and her publishing house where most of her ideas are born before shared to the world as well as the creative juices of writers and authors working under her company.

 

It’s a sanctuary for them, really, and a home where they are able to write stories out of their imaginative minds to be shared to the world. And Sana, being the owner of the house, shall have no exemption in releasing works as well.

 

But it’s a funny thing how after years of working her off and sharing her mind to people, she’s now being distracted by the thought of a woman she saw on a book that her company surely does not produce.

 

Kim Dahyun.

 

It has only been two days since Sana chose Kim Dahyun, but she surely is occupying the Japanese’s mind non-stop. She actually can now meet her person, but choose not to; not until she finishes her work and is mentally prepared for some adventures with the one she chose from The Book.

 

Since there’s no way that she’s going to produce words that actually makes sense, Sana cut the tension that has been building between her and her desktop, and slumped herself on her computer chair, resting her arms above her eyes.

 

Sana scoffed before getting back on her desktop, trying to look for a great outfit that will make her stand out for a costume party on Wednesday that Momo's been bugging her about since the start of the day (a very unconventional day for a party, really).

 

And a very unconventional day for Kim Dahyun as well. But she’s not going to deny– she’s enjoying her Anabelle costume for the night.

 

Anabelle. Yes. That very same doll that got the whole world whipped for her very weird smile and uncanny eyes. That very same doll that Ed and Lorraine Warren keeps inside their house despite it being hunted and home of horror. That very same doll that starred in the Conjuring Universe.

 

“Kim Dahyun!” Son Chaeyoung exclaimed while in her Joker costume, approaching Dahyun and Tzuyu sitting in the middle of The Bar. “That is what you call effort! Good lord.”

 

There are still no people inside the bar for they are hours away from the opening of it, but their excitement got the best of them that they decided to dress up early and let the time pass before the party-slash-her-birthday-party-that-no-one-told-her-about-until-last-last-night,

 

Chaeyoung pulled a seat beside Dahyun and bumped her shoulder towards the latter’s. “I thought you don’t like this party? Then why are you so dressed up, huh?” she teased Dahyun. “Kim Dahyun, you scammer!” Tzuyu and Chaeyoung laughed at Dahyun who are now glaring at them while holding her carton of milk.

 

“You didn’t have to throw a party for me!” Dahyun said, causing Tzuyu to scoff.

 

“But it’s your birthday, unnie! Mina-unnie would also do the same for you. Besides it’s not like the whole town knows it’s your birthday. We just simply said there’s a costume-party down town.” The youngest rolled her eyes before letting out a small ‘duh’ and then leaning her back on her seat.

 

“I swear to god, if y’all make me pay at the end of the night, I am so going to skin you all alive using my finest knife out there.” Dahyun threatened.

 

“Oh, scary!” Chaeyoung said while biting her nails to exaggerate her ‘fear’.

 

“Yah, Kim Dahyun,” Tzuyu called, “You’ll have tons of money after The Book anyway. What are you so worried about?” she then laughed.

 

Dahyun stuck her tongue out at Tzuyu before shifting her eyes on her carton of milk, thinking about how someone has actually chosen her from The Book and how anytime from now, she’ll finally meet the one who got scammed (according to Chaeyoung’s word) by her charms.

 

She smirked at the thought, which Jeongyeon saw. The latter settled herself beside Tzuyu, now facing Dahyun and Chaeyoung. Jeongyeon silently called Chaeyoug’s attention to silently ask what was up with Dahyun and why she was silently smirking to herself.

 

Jeongyeon’s eyes spoke: ‘Yah, Chaeyoung-ah. What’s wrong with Anabelle?’

 

The young one furrowed her brows and then shrugged her shoulders, saying ‘How will I know?’

 

Jeongyeon then glared at her sister before communicating, ‘Just look at her, you fool!’

 

Tzuyu silently laughed at herself watching the two and after seeing Chaeyoung answered, “Why not do it since it’s your idea?”

 

“You two know that I know that you are talking about me, don’t you?” Dahyun raised her head at the two who now shifter to their seats, leaning towards the table.

 

“Kim Dahyun.” Jeongyeon spoke, “Why the hell were you smiling out of the blue?”

 

Dahyun looked around before pointing at herself, “Me?”

 

“Yes, you!” Chaeyoung then butted in, “You look weird, for ’s sake.”

 

“No,” Dahyun smirked, “I look awesome.”

 

“Oh, Christ…” Jeongyeon whispered.

 

“She was probably thinking about the one who picked her.” Tzuyu butted in.

 

“Wait, what?” Jeongyeon looked at the youngest and then to Chaeyoung, “Somebody already picked our Dahyunnie?!”

 

Chaeyoung dismayingly looked at her older sister, stating the obvioius.

 

“How come no one told me? You bastards!”

 

The three laughed at Jeongyeon. Tzuyu then said, “But none of us know who that person is aside from Chaeyoung.”

 

“You secretive fool. Why not tell us then? Or at least Dahyun!” Dahyun reached for Jeongyeon’s hand for a high-five before nodding at the older girl as if highly agreeing with her words, “So that she can prepare!” the oldest added.

 

Chaeyoung smirked, “Where’s the fun in that, then? It’ll be better if it’s a surprise! Plus I know she’s a great person, okay? Goddamn, she’s so whipped for Dahyun that she paid right there and then!”

 

“Two full weeks?” Tzuyu asked.

 

“No,” Chaeyoung shook her head, “two full months.”

 

***

 

“Minatozaki Sana!” Nayeon laughed while walking inside The Bar when she noticed how people’s necks kept on bending and stretching whenever her friend walks past by them, rocking and swaying her hips on her Mera costume.

 

“This girl. Really.” Jihyo shook her head before sitting on their usual spot.

 

Momo, who let all her cuteness out in her Boo costume scoffed, “She’s enjoying the attention, I am sure!” which Sana objected to.

 

“Stop with the non-sense, please—” Sana’s whine turned into a loud, long ‘oooh’ when she saw Jihyo looking at the counter, specifically to the guy that was getting drinks that shall be served to the customers.

 

Shrieks surrounded the table when the two made eye-contact causing Jihyo to blush and hide her face in embarrassment. Daniel winked at Jihyo before walking his way to the ocean of people.

 

“Park Jihyo! What was that?” Nayeon exclaimed, “You flirt.”

 

Jihyo let out a loud call of ‘unnie’ before putting a tortilla chip inside , hiding the smile that was forming on her lips.

 

“We shall definitely dance later if Daniel’s walking past that area all night!” Sana suggested.

 

Sana received an eye-roll from Momo who said, “Yah, Minatozaki Sana. Stop using Jihyo for your escapades, alright? Just say you want to dance and meet people and go!”

 

***

 

After about an hour or two, the girls finally felt the alcohol and confidence to do whatever drunkards do kick in their senses. And so they are now in the middle of the dance floor, letting their bodies enjoy the beat of Bigbang’s Fantastic Baby.

 

Just a little later, Sana felt someone dancing behind her back. So she turned around and saw someone in an Anabelle costume dancing off-beat to the music. She called for her attention through series of taps and shouts, but failed. So she grabbed her by the shoulders and lightly made Anabelle face her.

 

Upon seeing the drunken Anabelle, Sana laughed her off, which caused the latter to laugh as well. She didn’t know why the red-haired girl was laughing, but as the drunken doll that she is, Anabelle laughed along even without knowing who the girl was.

 

She wouldn’t recognize me as well, so this will be fine, Dahyun, who was Anabelle that night, thought.

 

Mera leaned closer towards Anabelle, offering her red cup which the latter accepted. She drank it bottoms-up and then shifted her look at Mera before letting out another laugh as she felt liquid running down the sides of her lips.

 

After noticing that her beer was all gulped down by Anabelle, Mera offered to grab another drink for the two of them. The other girl agreed and so the red-haired girl guided the doll towards the bar counter where Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon were having the time of their lives, being surrounded by booze and people. And now seeing their Kim Dahyun with some girl in a fitted blue costume with a bright, red hair, made their night even better.

 

Anabelle glared at her friends, signaling them not to utter any words that might make the girl beside her (whom she knows nothing about aside from being a y Mera from the movie, Aquaman), Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung obliged.

 

“So, Mera.” Anabelle spoke.

 

The red haired girl looked at her with her drunken eyes, which Dahyun was immediately drawn, “Hmm?” the latter said.

 

They are now facing each other while their sides lean on the counter – Dahyun’s head being supported by her hand and Mera letting her weight go on her side.

 

“Are you a regular here?” Dahyun asked.

 

The girl before her nodded, “Yeah! But it’s just because of my friends. I’m never the alcoholic type.”

 

Dahyun startled the girl when suddenly jumped slightly off her seat (because she couldn’t reach it. It was cute, Sana thinks) before leaning towards the red-haired girl’s side, particularly between the crook of her exposed neck and ear, “But you reek of alcohol, ma’am.” Dahyun whispered before getting back on her seat.

 

Mera was dumbfounded by the sudden act, but quickly got to her senses and shouted at Anabelle, “Yah!” and then proceeded to, as if, smelling both her armpits, “I smell good! What are you talking about, huh?”

 

Dahyun smirked at the girl, “But I never said you smell bad. I just said you reek of alcohol.”

 

“Hah!” the red-haired girl in blue exclaimed, “So you’re admitting that I smell good?”

 

Anabelle let her shoulders move north before looking teasingly at Mera. “I’ll…” she started and then proceeded to get a smell of her again, “think about that.”

 

The voice of Chris Brown took over the two’s silence as Anabelle thinks about some sort of things. Mera just stared at her, anticipating what Anabelle has to say about her scent.

 

Goddamn, I’ve never been conscious of my smell until now, she thought.

 

“Okay.” Dahyun suddenly spoke.

 

“Okay?”

 

She nodded at the girl’s question. “Okay, you smell good.”

 

Mera blushed at what Anabelle said, but immediately regained her sanity to tease the other one, “I know I smell good. You wouldn’t take a second smell if I don’t.”

 

Anabelle laughed at her and proceeded on teasing her about how she just said so that Mera wouldn’t feel bad. The night went on and on with just the two submerged in their own little world while the DJ smashes the house down with his mixes.

 

The two did not give a damn about the noises surrounding their area for their conversation that consisted of the most nonsensical things like why Jack did not join Rose on that piece of wood when it can clearly fit the two of them two the deepest topic like why do humans exist and talks of other species living among us ruled the night.

 

They were so drowned that Anabelle did not notice that whenever Mera laughs, her heart feels like sinking down with the other girl’s own version of the universe in her eyes. It was like a pool for Anabelle that gives her no choice but to jump and swim, and enjoy the vastness it can offer.

 

Both enjoyed each other’s company too much that Mera stopped all the urges that were building within her to pinch the other girl’s cheeks when she once pouted when the their topic focused on pandas and how they were made just to chill and vibe in our world.

 

Dahyun and Sana were so happy that time that they did not mind the fact that they know nothing about each other aside from being Anabelle and Mera for the night. What’s important is that they were making the most out of their time just by sitting and drinking and talking to a person they barely know.

 

“So, Mera.” Dahyun suddenly spoke after a minute of silence from their talks about religion and the existence of God, “What’s the deal?” Dahyun asked.

 

“What’s the deal?” Sana asked back, her brows up in the air.

 

Dahyun shrugged while shaking her head as if telling ‘nothing’, just “What’s up?”

 

Sana let out an inaudible ‘ohh’ before smiling timidly, “Well, you know? Just wanted to breathe for a while.”

 

Dahyun nodded, “Work?”

 

Sana laughed a little, saying her thanks to Chaeyoung who served their drinks after minutes of mixing. “Work and stuff.”

 

“Stuff as in boys?”

 

“Stuff as in girls.” Sana answered. “A girl.” She added.

 

Dahyun nodded before raising her glass at the unknown girl in front of her. The two clanked their glasses and drank in unison, unaware that both of their sights never left the other.

 

Sana sighed at the taste of the drink before speaking, “So you see, I am trying to get over a boy. And then this girl came out of nowhere, stealing my attention and sanity doing nothing.”

 

Dahyun tilted her head, thinking of what the red-haired girl was trying to pertain, “What do you mean? You said she’s done nothing, but it seems like that girl means something.”

 

“What do I mean?” the girl answered back.

 

Well, Kim Dahyun. We haven’t met each other formally yet as clients. It is only now that I recognized you from The Book despite your look for tonight, but here I am simping over your Anabelle costume and mischievous smile hidden under that thick of a make-up of yours.

 

And please, can I mention your nose? I just wanna *bop*.

 

***

 

“Park Jihyo.”

 

The girl in her Coco costume turned to Nayeon who was busy sobering herself up while Momo’s drowning herself with her dogs’ pictures as if she haven’t seen them in years, even if it has only been a few hours.

 

“I’m getting worried.” The oldest said.

 

Jihyo furrowed her brows, “Worried about?”

 

Nayeon slowly fixed her seat, getting up from her position of slacking her back against the couch to look at the crowd with disgust as their noises take over the night.

 

Jihyo laughed at Nayeon, “Unnie, don’t glare at them like that! We’re at a bar, remember? The Bar! It’s supposed to be noisy.” Nayeon shifted her glare at the girl.

 

“It’s not their fault that you are a weakling and is now just slumping herself on the couch after hours of drinking.” Jihyo added.

 

Nayeon stuck her tongue out with her eyes upward and head slightly shaking, mocking Jihyo, “I only said I was getting worried and here you come with your lectures and stuff.” She said. “Just because we’re vocals coaches and teachers, doesn’t mean you get to teach about life, too.”

 

Jihyo wheezed at Nayeon before handing her a bottle of beer in an attempt to cool Nayeon and her blabs down, “So what was it you were saying?”

 

Nayeon cleared after gulping down her beer halfway getting an amused look from Jihyo, “I’m worried about Satang. It has almost been two hours since she went missing. She can’t possibly be twerking around the bar for two hours. Come on.”

 

Jihyo shifted her eyes at Momo who is now dancing to the beat of Justin Bieber’s Intentions while smiling to herself, glad about the impromptu choreography she’s been making while her friends kill each other on the side.

 

“Hirai Momo.” Nayeon called for her attention, but received none. So she took her wig off to throw at the girl. “Ya! Momo-ssi!”

 

The girl irritatingly removed the wig that was supposed to be put on people’s head, but is now at her face. She looked at it disgustingly with twitched before throwing it to god-jihyo-knows-where.

 

“Momo, what the hell? That got some amount!” but Momo just moved her eyes upwards, as well as her middle finger at Nayeon.

 

“What do you want?”

 

Nayeon scoffed at the girl while Jihyo looked at the two amusingly, sipping on her glass of water. “Have you been talking to Sana? We haven’t seen a glimpse of her soul for like two hours already.”

 

“I’m sure she’ll be fine. She’ll send us a message anyway when something goes wrong.” Nayeon just rolled her eyes at Momo’s answer.

 

And so Jihyo took over the conversation. “Momo.” She started. The Japanese replied with a faint ‘what’ with her eyes wide open, as if waiting for Jihyo’s rebuttal.

 

“How will you know that she’s fine if she’s not texting any of us, then?” Jihyo said. Momo smirked.

 

“I just know, I guess?” Nayeon shifted again to her seat to lean at the table at point her finger at the Japanese across her who is now covered with a smug look, contented that she’s pissing the out of her friends.

 

“Momo-ssi, it’s not the time to use that soulmate card, okay? This is very unusual of her to just leave without telling us. We have to contact Sana and find her immediately. No one’s coming home unless she’s here.”

 

From: Momo

Hey, . Where are you really?

From: Nayeon

Satang, we’re worried. Just let us know you are fine.

From: Jihyo

Come back now, Sana-ssi, so I can come back to Daniel.

 

***

 

While Sana’s group looks for her, it isn’t very different for Dahyun’s side now that her friends are also starting to worry regarding her whereabouts. Jeongyeon practically let someone take over the mixing and serving as she attended Tzuyu whose worry is starting to grow.

 

But she still got some time to order another drink from Jeongyeon though. The older glared at her before letting out a small laugh and then proceeding to her area again.

 

“Boss?” the bartender called, “I thought you’ll rest for a while?”

 

Jeongyeon started with her magic of working with liquids that practically make people either lose their sanity, straight-thinking, conscience, shyness, rationality, and many more. That’s the power of alcohol. If we think about it, those are just liquids in bottles, sometimes poured in glass.

 

But it does bring a lot to people. Whenever drinkers – heavy or not – are asked why they drink, their response will mostly be, ‘it’s not the alcohol, rather it’s the quality time you get to spend with yourself or your friends’.

 

And it’s true.

 

It has been the common denominator of Jeongyeon’s group. No, they don’t drink to the point they’ll pass out. Just a bottle or two shall be fine. You know? Just to loosen up as they talk about all the wonders of life and argue who’s the smaller one between Dahyun and Chaeyoung.

 

She smiled after filling Tzuyu’s glass with alcohol and then went back to her friend immediately to continue searching for Dahyun.

 

“Here.” Tzuyu received it well. “What’s happening?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“Unnie, shouldn’t I be the one asking where Dahyun is? One moment I was talking to Mina-unnie over the phone and then you two were tweeting about things that seemed to concern Dahyun and her escapades that I don’t know of, and then I came back here and then Anabelle’s gone.”

 

Jeongyeon cleared , realizing Tzuyu’s point. And then realized another thing when she noticed Chaeyoung is missing as well.

 

“Hey, you two.” Chaeyoung joined Jeongyeon in leaning herself at the counter while talking to Tzuyu. The two looked at her with surprise and curiosity as to where she could have been.

 

“Where the hell were you?” Jeongyeon asked, “We texted you but you did not respond!”

 

“Can’t I go to the restroom? I just took a piss. What? You want me to myself out here?” Chaeyoung exclaimed.

 

“We thought you did some bulls with the mighty Kim Dahyun, but I see that’s not the case. She’s not with you.” Tzuyu said.

 

“I can see that, ma’am. Yes.” Chaeyoung said, “She’s not with me. But I think I know where she might be.”

 

The youngest rolled her eyes at Chaeyoung, “Where is she?”

 

Chaeyoung smirked at her sister and friend before saying, “Having the time of her life.”

 

***

 

Philip Zimbardo of Stanford University disclosed in his study, which focused on anonymity and behavior, that people tend to be more confident and ‘free’ to show who they are and whatever their traits may be, whether the most destructive or be the ‘goodest’ one out there, when they are hidden in anonymity and their identities are kept secret.

 

It may be the same as stan twitter where fans are at ease to broadcast their fantasies about a Korean guy that barely knows their existence, rather than telling their IRLs that they want to marry that one (or two) idols when the time comes.

 

Maybe this applied to Anabelle who is now walking at the streets of Seoul where silence is now taking over with the night sky shining from up above with a woman she believes doesn’t know her.

 

But, man. She was wrong.

 

She was so wrong because as Anabelle enjoys the freedom of letting this stranger see beyond her costume, Sana is actually taking all her time to get to know her future… company? So technically, there’s no more anonymity left of Sana because she feels like Dahyun knows her as well, even when she doesn’t.

 

Now, what’s pushing Sana to be all giddy and happy with the girl in a weird costume?

 

Alcohol.

 

Although its effects has sobered down, just the thought that she’s intoxicated with alcohol makes her feel confident as any drunk person would be.

 

Weird, but that’s just how it works. That’s how alcohol works.

 

“Hey, Anabelle.” Sana called Dahyun who is now walking beside her while kicking those tiny pebbles they come across the street.

 

The young one looked at Sana, which caused the other to smile a little, “Why?”

 

Why did you call me? And why are you smiling?

 

Sana shrugged, “I just can’t get over your make-up. It’s so funny.” Sana then took Dahyun’s wig from her hands (they both grew tired of their wigs and took them down some minutes before) and put it on her own hair with all these smiles and weird sounds her tiny mouth’s making due to fascination of Anabelle’s wig even if she’s struggling because she was still holding her own wig down.

 

The two were just looking at each other, Dahyun letting the wind brush her hair, causing it to spread lightly across her face. She tuck some behind her ears before helping Sana put on the wig.

 

Sana was caught off-guard when Dahyun’s hand touched hers, but was taken aback when Dahyun flashed her smile at her before patting her head.

 

“To be honest? It doesn’t suit you.” She kidded.

 

The Japanese lightly pushed Dahyun on her shoulders. “Yah!” she said, “I know my costume and hair do not match anymore, but I know I still look good.” She then raised her hand that is holding her own wig, “As if you weren’t drooling earlier when I was wearing this!”

 

“I was drooling because I was drunk.” Dahyun rebutted.

 

“No,” Sana shook her head, “you were drooling because I was y and cutie as .”

 

Sana stuck her tongue out at Dahyun before walking away and pulling her phone out to send a message to her friends whom she accidentally left to inform them she got some business to do.

 

And by business, she meant Dahyun.

 

To: Momo

I’m fine, ma’am. Tell them not to worry anymore. Something just came up. And please tell Jihyo to calm her down. Bye.

 

“Hey, hot-stuff!” Dahyun jogged towards Sana, “Don’t leave me.”

 

***

 

If at The Bar, it was all about the craziest and wildest stuff, the coffee shop Sana and Dahyun are in now is very much unlikely of the place they were in before. Because it’s almost two o’clock in the morning and people are probably in their homes, dreaming of whatever, Dahyun and Sana practically owned Bella Vita, a 24-hour café downtown Seoul.

 

“What do you want?” Dahyun asked while they settled themselves on their seats, facing each other. Sana removed Dahyun’s wig and let her hair loose before brushing her fingers through it to fix whatever needed to be fixed.

 

Damn, is it necessary to close your eyes while fixing your hair?

 

“Hmm?” Sana looked at Dahyun with her half-lidded eyes, slowly feeling the tiredness that has been inside her, but was too busy to be noticed because the Japanese was surely enjoying her night. “Just hot chocolate and…” she let out a sigh thinking.

 

“Blueberry cheesecake?” Dahyun guessed.

 

“How did you know?”, but the younger just shrugged and stood up to place their orders.

 

The Japanese let her sight follow Kim Dahyun before she leaned on the table and let her chin rest on her hand while she look at the girl. She even noticed how the female barista was surprised at Dahyun’s look. The girl noticed so she explained the event to the barista and now they are laughing together.

 

“Hey. Order’s here.” Dahyun placed a tray on their table that was full of foods and two cups of hot chocolate. “Anabelle, what the hell? Did you invite your friends over? That’s a lot of food!”

 

Dahyun continued placing the foods from the tray to their table, ignoring Sana’s whims. She then took a last look on the table before placing the tray on the vacant space beside them before throwing her look at the girl in front of her.

 

“I don’t want my Mera hungry.” Dahyun now stirred the drink for Sana and then pushed the cake closer to her, “Eat.”

 

Sana looked at Dahyun who is now unwrapping her sandwich as if nothing happened. The Japanese just looked at her with, perhaps, amusement before picking up her fork.

 

Unbelievable.

 

“The barista,” Dahyun spoke after a few moments of silence, “she’s so funny and cute. What do I do?”

 

Sana stopped chewing and just stared at Dahyun who is now smiling while stirring her drink before munching on her food again, “What do you mean?” Sana asked, causing Dahyun to look at her, “You’re with me; what do you mean ‘what do I do’?”

 

Dahyun’s mouth was left agape for a while as she tries to process what Sana just blurted out. After a few seconds, she pursed her lips together, trying to suppress the smile that was about to come out. Sana noticed Dahyun’s silence so she looked up only to see the girl looking at her.

 

“What?” Sana muttered under her breath. “Oh my, Mera. What’s with the attitude? I didn’t know you liked attention all to yourself.” Dahyun now stood up to place her chair beside Sana.

 

Sana, being the playful and irritated girl that she is, slightly moved her chair aside so that Dahyun won’t come any closer to her. But the other party was persistent.

 

Dahyun kept on moving to Sana’s side and as she grew impatient, she just raised her arms around the girl’s shoulder to lock her in.

 

Dahyun scooted closer and reached for Sana’s ear to whisper, “Don’t be too jealous now, hmm? I basically ditched my friends to be with you and spend the rest of my birthday with some hot girl in her Mera costume.”

 

***

 

You ever get that feeling when something really, really good happened to you; like really good as in Kim Dahyun dressed in Anabelle, walking you and with you along the streets of the country’s capital, talking about every single thing in life from the differences of yellow, red, and green pepper, to the best type of paper to use which book, and it’s either you want it to happen over and over again with no complains.

 

Or maybe you don’t even want it to end?

 

Yeah?

 

Because that is the current state of the great, great Minatozaki Sana – still dumbfounded at what happened just two nights ago: in awe of all the experiences brought about by a stupid costume party, but will still be ing honored to do it all over again granted that she will be Mera and Dahyun shall be Anabelle for another night.

 

Or maybe two.

 

Can be three.

 

‘I am so close to suing you, Kim Dahyun’, Sana thought, ‘I am going to sue you for stealing my heart.’

 

Sana immediately shook her head as she started cringing at her thoughts (she still stand by her cry tho, that Dahyun did steal her heart), and just let herself wander down memory lane of what transpired between her and Anabelle a.k.a Dahyun.

 

***

(Flashback)

 

“Hey, what’s your name?” Sana asked the young girl who is now staring at the night sky from the rooftop of whatever building they are in now. (Don’t ask. It was Dahyun that brought her to it.)

 

The other girl scoffed at Sana, not leaving the view from up above, “Anabelle. Why?”

 

Sana squinted her eyes, mouth slightly open as she was rather amused at the answer of the girl she’s been with for a few hours now.

 

“Nothing.” She shrugged and then looked at the darkness with spots of lights in front of her, “We’re friends now, aren’t we?”

 

She saw Dahyun smirk at her peripheral vision and can’t help but utter ‘ing hot’ inside her brain. Dahyun looked at Sana, but the latter pretended to not notice, and so she kept her sight in front.

 

“You think so?” Sana nodded at Dahyun’s question, “But you only know me as Anabelle and I only know you as hot-Mera.”

 

Sana slowly let her eyes and mouth open a little wider than usual as she shifted her gaze to the girl beside her who is now covered in smug, “Excuse me?”

 

‘And this really thought she’s only Anabelle for me tonight? Huh. You are Kim Dahyun.’

 

“What?” Dahyun said in a high-pitched voice, “It’s true!” she added.

 

“That I am hot?” Sana asked.

 

“ you. No.” Dahyun answered. “That we don’t know each other and we barely are friends.”

 

Sana picked a finger on Dahyun’s forehead, receiving a dramatic ‘ouch’ and intense glare, “That’s why I’m asking for your name, .”

 

Dahyun hummed before scooting closer to Sana, causing the table they are sitting on to squeak a little, “Yah!” Sana exclaimed.

 

But her tough look was exchanged with a surprised one when she felt the weight of her right shoulder become heavier and the breeze that brushed through her ear is suddenly replaced with heat.

 

The Japanese cleared and tried to slightly turn her head to the side, but failed for Dahyun was close after leaning her head on Sana’s toned shoulder.

 

Too close.

 

And what Sana did was just to bring back her gaze in front and put her hand upward towards Dahyun’s cheek to give it series of taps.

 

And then she hummed; she hummed to Taeyeon’s ‘Galaxy’. Sana let her soft voice take over the night, but only for Dahyun to hear.

 

Only for Dahyun to cherish.

 

And only for Dahyun to remember.

 

Unconsciously, Sana tilted her head, too, so it stays on top of Dahyun’s; all while still humming and giving the young girl’s cheek slight, lazy taps.

 

“Stop.” And she did. Sana lifted her head to look at Dahyun and the latter did the same.

 

“Why?” The Japanese asked, her smiles she tried to suppress.

 

But why was she smiling? Is it because of Dahyun’s Anabelle make-up that was slowly fading? Or maybe because she was being too cute now that she’s evidently tired with her half-lidded eyes.

 

Or perhaps she was smiling because they were sharing the night.

 

Most probably.

 

“You are making me sleepy.” Dahyun answered, fixing the imaginary crease on her dirty, dirty-white dress before fixing her seat and hair.

 

Sana laughed. A small, amused one. “But aren’t we supposed to be asleep at this hour?”

 

Dahyun shrugged. “I know, but I can’t be too sleepy.”

 

“So you can’t be too sleepy because?”

 

“Because I still got to drop you off.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Isn’t that what friends do?”

 

***

 

Sana slowly smiled to herself with her point finger between her lips as she recalls that fateful night. She then brushed it, trying to do the same with her growing smile, but miserably failed.

 

And so she just slightly palmed her face, accepting her defeat.

 

It’s Dahyun anyway. It’s fine.

 

“Earth to Minatozaki! Hello?” It was Miyeon, Sana’s secretary, “Sana!”

 

The Japanese was, of course, startled. First, by the shout; second, it was a shout from her secretary.

 

“Geez!” She shrugged while fixing her seat, “You didn’t have to shout like that. And I’m your boss, Miyeon, I reckon you don’t forget that.”

Sana then proceeded on checking her documents again – reviewing books to be published, entries of aspiring writers, and even her publishing house’s profits.

 

But it was all pretend, she was sure.

 

“You’re occupied, aren’t you?” Miyeon disregarded Sana’s words, “What’s up?” she asked while placing Sana’s lunch on her table and then sitting on the chair in front of her boss’ table.

 

The Japanese clicked her tongue and then tilted her head, as if thinking of an answer.

 

As if she’ll ever find one.

 

“I don’t know?”

 

“You don’t know?” Sana nodded. “I don’t know what’s with that Kim-ing-Dahyun.”

 

***


(Flashback)

 

“I swear you don’t have to drop me off.” Sana said while she and Dahyun make their way back to The Bar. The latter looked at her and then hissed and then shook her head and then walk past by her.

 

“Anabelle!” The girl tried to catch up and succeeded. Thanks to her long legs.

 

Just fairly longer than Dahyun though.

 

“You told me we’re friends, but I don’t even know your name.” The girl in blue said while panting, her hand dramatically above her chest as she catches her breath.

 

Dahyun smirked, “But I didn’t say until when you’ll get to be my friend.”

 

The other girl frowned, “Well, now I am saying it’s going to be until the longest time.”

 

The girl in dirty, dirty-white dress shook her head with a small smile, “Nope.” popping the sound of ‘p’.

 

“Why were you like that then?”

 

“Like what?”

 

Minatozaki rolled her eyes, “Are you really like that to strangers?”

 

“Hmm?” Dahyun asked back.

 

“I’m a stranger, aren’t I? Because we’re not friends, according to you.”

 

“Me?” Dahyun halted her steps and then pointed to herself, “I said that?” Sana nodded.

 

And so the pale girl harshly shook her head with a silly look on her face, “No.” and then proceeded to walk again. “No, I didn’t.”

 

“Ugh, fine. You label that, then.”

 

“For what?”

 

“. Just answer, okay?”

 

‘This girl. I don’t even know what’s to be mysterious about! Do I look like a criminal? Do I look like I will kill her once I get to know her name? No!’ Sana thought.

 

Even Sana couldn’t decipher why the heck is she so determined to get Dahyun’s name even if they will meet anyways on Friday, which is technically tomorrow.

 

Yes, she texted Chaeyoung right away right after Dahyun whispered in her ear about her ditching her friends for a hot Mera. That was such a move for Dahyun, but Sana loved it anyway.

 

Sana pouted at Dahyun, but the latter did not notice for she just kept walking and walking with a smirk on her face.

 

And just like that, they reached The Bar in no time – with Sana still glaring and pouting, yes, pouting, at Dahyun and Dahyun oblivious about Sana’s tantrums.

 

“Where’s your car?” Dahyun shifted her look at Sana, but was surprised when welcomed with a sight of some hot girl now turned cute because of her pouty lips, red cheeks, and furrowed eyebrows.

 

“What the hell?” but Sana just kept glaring at Dahyun. “Mera.”

 

Sana did not answer, instead she made her way to the only car that was left on the parking lot.

 

‘What are you? Dumb? Still asking where my lift is even after seeing the only car left. Psh.

 

She pretended she did not notice, but Sana knew some girl with a messed-up Anabelle look is following her towards her car.

 

“What do you want?” finally, she turned at Dahyun after reaching her car.

 

“Give me the keys.” was what Dahyun said.

 

Sana pretended to secure her pockets while facing close to her car, as if someone’s trying to hold her up, “Yo, what’s that for? Let me drive you home. It’s late.”

 

“Only friends do that.” Sana uttered under her breath. “Strangers don’t.”

 

“Mera.” Dahyun gathered Sana’s hair at put it on one side of her shoulder, revealing the back of Sana’s neck, “Don’t be a brat now.”

 

“I- I am not being a brat.”

 

Dahyun sighed before snaking her arms around Sana and moving closer to her ear, “What are you so sulky about?”

 

Sana did not answer. Instead she tried taking Dahyun’s (y) arms off her waist.

 

Dahyun sighed before tightening her hold on the woman before her, “Mera, come on.”

 

And that moment, Sana felt like her knees would turn jelly and she’ll now be on the ground if Dahyun wasn’t holding her. Funny thing is, it was Dahyun’s touch that’s making her lose her sanity as of the moment. When she first felt Dahyun behind her, Sana thought she’s going to run out of air in her lungs.

 

As if it wasn’t enough, Dahyun even tighten her embrace on the older girl, causing the latter to almost call all the angels and saints in heaven even if she is not the most religious one out there. And she even became more desperate when she realized the fact that Dahyun’s front is now pressed against her back.

 

The Japanese then tried to slowly face Dahyun.

 

She barely did.

 

“What?” it came out almost inaudible, but Dahyun did not throw her a look. She just looked upwards, trying to calm herself.

 

Dahyun let out a sigh before looking down, only to meet Sana’s pool of honey brown eyes.

 

“Just let me drive you home. Please. It’s late. I can’t risk it—” And without Sana knowing, Dahyun slowly was slowly taking the car keys from Sana’s grip. “—your safety. Come on.”

 

While on the road towards her home, Sana thought about why she wanted Dahyun’s name so bad. And then she realized that maybe it was for some form of self-achievement.

 

That just like that, Dahyun gave her name even without having to know that she’s Sana – her future boss.

 

Sana looked at Dahyun who is now on the wheel, tiredness evident on her eyes.

 

And then it hit Sana.

 

That it’s good she did not give her name. Because what if Dahyun came across another girl in the future, and she’ll give her name easily just like what she was supposed to Sana.

 

The thought made Sana frown. And Dahyun noticed.

 

‘Poor lips. Been pouting since forever.’

 

The two reached Sana’s apartment in no time, but the girl fell asleep in the middle of the road. Dahyun released her seatbelt and just took a good look at Sana.

 

‘Did I lie? When I said you’re a hot stuff.’

 

She stayed like that, looking at Sana while her body leaned on the steering wheel, her arms supporting her weight.

 

From: Chaeng (unread)

She wants to meet you. Friday.

 

After a while, Sana slowly got back to consciousness and felt a pair of eyes gawking at her.

 

“Staring is rude.” She said with her eyes closed, making Dahyun chuckle. The latter fixed her seat and brushed her hair, looking at the rear-view mirror.

 

“Are you normally like this to strangers?” Sana asked once again, Dahyun shook her head.

 

“What was that then?”

 

“I just…” Dahyun shrugged “I just have a thing for Japanese girls.”

 

“What thing?”

 

“Home.” Dahyun shortly answered, “Feels like home.”

 

‘? She’s not Japanese, is she? I mean, kimchi and Korean tofu is screaming within her face.’, Sana thought.

 

“Anyways, I’ll keep going. But let me see you off. Gotta make sure you’re safe.”

 

Sana refused, saying they’re already in front of her apartment and nothing bad will happen to her. But Dahyun insisted.

 

“Come on. Just walk. Go inside. And then I’ll come home by then.”

 

“How? There’s no more cab.” Sana said. “Y-you might want to come over, and then just leave later morning.”

 

Dahyun declined. Sana frowned. Dahyun laughed.

 

“Come on, hot stuff.”

 

After a few minutes of persuading, Dahyun is now leaning on Sana’s car as she watches the latter walk towards her apartment.

 

For the last time, Sana turned to Dahyun to take a last look of her Anabelle.

 

Her Anabelle.

 

Sana’s.

 

“Bye.” Sana waved with a tiny voice. And so Dahyun flashed her sweetest gummy smile to Sana and waved back.

 

“Bye.”

 

And that was the end for Anabelle and Mera.

 

From: Chaeng 

She wants to meet you. Friday.

 

To: Chaeng

Alrighty. Friday it is.

 

And the start for Dahyun and Sana.

 

.