Epilogue

Your Girl, Forever

 (2 Years Later)

 

Lying on her couch in the living room, SinB passed the time by aimlessly scrolling through TikTok.

 

“I should get Eunha and Umji to do VIVIZ’s “Maniac” dance challenge with me,” she mumbled to herself. “We can pop our ondong like the best of them.” 

 

*Ding Dong*

 

SinB groaned, unwilling to move from her comfortable position to open the door. But knowing very well who was on the other side, waiting patiently for her, the young woman sat up, set her phone on the coffee table, and traipsed to the entrance. She swung the door wide open and was met with the epitome of sunshine and rainbows.  

 

“Hello, honey!” Yerin cheerfully greeted, attempting to wave despite both of her hands being occupied with grocery bags. “I brought tteokbokki, ramen, cake mix, marshmallows, potato chips, ice cream, Nutella, and… oh, a new chew toy for Ankko so she could hopefully stop stealing my hair scrunchies.”

 

The older woman entered the apartment, placing the bags on the kitchen table. Rummaging through one of the bags, she retrieved a plush toy in the shape of a cartoon bumble bee with its vibrant yellow and black striped body, antenna with two pom poms at the ends, and crinkly holographic wings. She squeezed its body several times which produced a squeak and quickly earned the attention of Ankko, SinB’s one-year-old Bichon Frisé she adopted last year. The fluffy, marshmallow of a dog hopped out of her bed in the living room and scampered over to Yerin, standing on her hind legs for the toy. 

 

“All things necessary for a date night in,” SinB said, smiling at the sight. “Though, I doubt the chew toy will deter Ankko from playing with your scrunchies. I found three of them in her bed last week. They’re practically her favorite toy.” 

 

Yerin playfully narrowed her eyes at the pup. “We’ll see about that,” she challenged, tossing the toy to Ankko who almost caught it mid-air. 

 

As Yerin observed Ankko pouncing and chewing on the bumble bee, SinB began to remove the contents from the bags. 

 

“Yerin-ah, what’s the whipped cream for?” SinB asked since it wasn’t one of the typical items that Yerin would buy. 

 

“That’s for when I eventually go down…,” Yerin paused to pick up a discarded chew toy off the floor, placing it with the rest of Ankko’s growing collection, “in history as the best s’mores maker when I show you my latest creation.” She made her way to the kitchen and stood behind SinB who looked over her shoulder at her. “Oh, and we can also use it in the bedroom later on.” Yerin smirked, wiggling her eyebrows flirtatiously. 

 

“Shut up.” SinB shoved at Yerin’s collarbone, moving past the older woman to open the fridge and deposit the can of whipped cream on the top shelf. She lingered inside for a bit, allowing the cool air to dispel upon her reddening cheeks. 

 

A little more composed now, SinB closed the door of the fridge and proceeded to grab the box of cake mix out from the bag. 

 

Snickering quietly to herself, Yerin slinked over to SinB and reached from behind her to take the box. 

 

“I’ll go preheat the oven,” Yerin said, lips centimeters away from the younger woman’s ear. 

 

SinB let the box slip out of her grasp as a familiar, but oh so annoying, tingling sensation trickled down the back of her neck. 

 

After almost two years of being a couple, SinB should be used to Yerin’s antics. But, no. Whether it be her lingering touches or the way she would stand in close proximity or her off-handed, casual remarks about their life, everything Yerin did still managed to make the butterflies in SinB’s stomach flutter madly. 

 

It seemed like it was just yesterday when they had their first date. SinB was prepared for awkward silences and teeth-pulling small talk. Thankfully, that never came to be. Yerin, who was understandably more experienced in the world of dating, made sure of it, showing up at SinB’s door with a bouquet of her favorite flowers. They had dinner at a high-end establishment to make the date feel more legitimate. Though their conversation teetered on awkward at the beginning, the atmosphere relaxed once they reminded each other that they can still behave normally like the friends they are. Of course, the glasses of wine they consumed during that evening also helped lessen the tension.

 

After dinner, the two decided to take a stroll around town. Shyly, Yerin offered her hand for SinB to hold in which the younger woman gladly accepted. They stopped at a bridge, gazing upon the cityscape with its bright lights that reflected like stars in the river below. SinB remembered asking Yerin something. When she turned her head to face the older woman, though, she was slightly caught off guard by Yerin staring fixatedly at her. Getting an answer to her random question was no longer relevant. Because at that moment, Yerin leaned in and pressed a delicate kiss upon SinB’s lips. The pivotal moment has never faded from her memories. SinB could still recall every second with clarity. How Yerin pulled away a bit, looking into her eyes as if assessing SinB’s reaction. The only way SinB could respond was to swoop in and capture Yerin’s lips with her own, eager to kiss her with more gumption. She could feel Yerin smiling as they kissed, and in the back of SinB’s mind, she made a promise to herself that she will always protect that smile. 

 

It only took a few more dates for the both of them to realize that they should be an official couple. And so, they went through the bureaucratic process of telling their friends and family. From their parents and siblings, it was nothing but surprised, yet joyous smiles and words of earnest congratulations. As for Sowon, Eunha, Yuju, and Umji, they relayed a collective, “About time you two got together,” before breaking out into gigantic grins and huddling the new couple into a group hug. 

 

One of the positive things about starting out as friends before becoming romantically involved is that they already had years of history. On top of being familiar with one another’s family and friend group, they were keen to each other’s likes and dislikes, their favorite shows and movies, whether they prefer to dip their food into the sauce or pour the sauce over. 

 

It wasn’t that difficult of a task to find comfortability in their relationship. At the beginning, however, SinB was apprehensive to address Yerin as her girlfriend in public. Being the understanding person she is, Yerin didn’t put any pressure on the younger woman. But with how effortless and relaxed Yerin would say the word or any term of affection, it encouraged SinB to free herself from her worries of what society might think of them and purely focus on the love she had for her girlfriend. 

 

Despite their closeness, the two were still living separately. Comparably, if either one of them were to move into the other’s apartment then their commute time to their workplace would increase dramatically. They are hoping to find a new place together that could make traveling less of a hassle. For now, they’re content with staying over one another’s apartment every so often. But ever since SinB adopted Ankko, Yerin has been coming by more frequently to play with the pup and pet-sit if needed. SinB has a feeling that this is the older woman’s way of showing that she’s capable enough to take care of a second dog. Heaven knows the amount of times Yerin dropped hints of wanting Ankko to have a little sister or brother. Time will tell if they ever do decide to adopt another dog. But SinB’s pretty sure that she will cave into her girlfriend’s wishes. Whatever makes Yerin happy. 

 

******

 

Taking a bite of her third slice of confetti cake, Yerin, who was sitting on the floor in front of the couch where SinB was lying on, watched as Harry Potter faced off against Voldemort in the fourth installment of the series. Though she has visually consumed every Harry Potter film with SinB numerous times and therefore knew exactly what was going to happen next, there were certain scenes in each movie that always managed to captivate Yerin. She stared intently, fork still in , once Harry deflects Voldemort’s Killing Curse which elicits a spectacular duel, wand versus wand. Just when it seemed as if the forces of evil would triumph, the ghosts of Voldemort’s previous victims, Harry’s mother and father included, appear on the battlefield, providing Harry a boost of encouragement and assisting his escape to the safe confines of Hogwarts. 

 

“Wow,” Yerin uttered, removing the fork out of but making sure to get every bit of icing off it first. “I still can’t believe Harry’s supposed to be only 14-years-old here. Can you imagine being fourteen and having to deal with a nose-less man constantly terrorizing you while you’re also going through puberty?”

 

When she didn’t get a reply, Yerin twisted her neck behind her to find SinB asleep. Breathing out a small laugh, Yerin lowered the volume and watched several more minutes of the movie before ultimately deciding to turn the TV off. 

 

With just the warm glow of the table lamp to provide illumination, Yerin took a moment to survey her surroundings. Scattering the coffee table were the remnants of their late night binge: empty cans of beer, an opened bag of chips, a medium-sized container that once held tteokbokki, and the half-eaten leftovers of the cake they baked. Off to the side of the living room, Ankko slept soundly in her bed, curled up with her bumble bee chew toy. The corners of Yerin’s mouth immediately rose at the precious sight. 

 

Leaning her back against the couch, Yerin thought about how similar of a night this was compared to two years ago. Except this time, she wasn’t there to help SinB get over the heartache of breaking up with her ex. This time, she was there as SinB’s girlfriend, her lover, her partner, her significant other. Call it whatever you like, it didn’t change the fact that they are devoted to each other. 

 

After years of secretly pining and pretending to not have feelings towards one of her closest friends, Yerin couldn’t predict this sort of outcome. She didn’t think of herself as a pessimist but seeing the way SinB was in such low spirits even when she made the healthy decision to end her toxic relationship made Yerin reconsider the possibility of ever confessing her true feelings for the younger woman. Yet, on that night, she took her chances and bared her soul to a drunken SinB. And though part of her was hoping that SinB wouldn’t remember so that their friendship would remain unchanged, another part of her was relieved that SinB did retain those memories and had the fortitude to confront her about it. In all honesty, Yerin was terrified of what SinB would think of her once her buried feelings came to light. Preparing herself for the worst, Yerin ended up being stunned when SinB admitted that she was actually willing to try and see how they would fare as a couple. And now, here they were, still going strong. 

 

Yerin may be known as the confident, sweet talking womanizer amongst her friend group, but in reality, she’s been plagued with feelings of self-doubt and low self-esteem. She partially blames it on the underlying jealousy of seeing SinB and her then boyfriend happy together. But she also blames it on her poor dating choices. All this time, she could’ve met someone who actually cared about her. But instead, she dedicated her early 20s to emotionally unavailable women. The worst part is that she gave her love to them fully knowing the consequences, that her heart was bound to break. 

 

But ever since that day at the park, there was a phrase SinB said that has stuck with Yerin. “You are worthy of getting what you want in life.” In her many years of dating, never has anyone told her something so meaningful, something that filled her soul with validation. It made Yerin self-reflect and realize that she doesn’t have to subject herself to being the warm body in a cold bed of these one-sided relationships. She’s more than that. She’s better than that. 

 

Yerin knows that not everyone has a lucky chance at romance with their close friend as she did. Whether her relationship with SinB lasts for the next several months, years, or until they’re both old and gray (though still beautiful), she’ll be grateful for every second they get to spend together as a couple. 

 

Pivoting her body so that she was facing SinB, Yerin stared at her girlfriend’s slumbering face. She adored the way SinB’s lips protrude slightly as if waiting for her Princess Charming to wake her up from a spell. She cherished the softness of her cheeks and the warmth they produced whenever SinB rested her head on Yerin’s chest. Every beauty mark, freckle, and crease, Yerin treasured them all. 

 

Turning her attention to SinB’s hand that laid palm-side-up beside the younger woman’s head, Yerin began tracing each line with the utmost gentleness. She wasn’t a big believer in palm reading, but at that moment, she hoped that both of their life lines were full of vitality. 

 

“I love you, Hwang Eunbi,” whispered Yerin, drawing a heart with her fingertip on SinB’s skin. 

 

“Kiss me to prove it.” 

 

Yerin’s line of sight darted upward to her girlfriend’s face. There was SinB, looking back at her with sleep-clouded eyes and a teasing grin. 

 

“And you better not go for anywhere on my body except for my lips,” warned SinB, recalling past instances where Yerin used that loophole to mischievously frustrate her. 

 

“Tell me you love me first,” Yerin baited. 

 

With an exaggerated sigh and eye roll combo, SinB prepared herself to say the words that she wouldn’t mind repeating until the end of time. 

 

“I love you, Jung Yerin,” SinB replied, voice drenched in sincerity.

 

With that, it was like something activated in Yerin. Because suddenly, in one fluid motion, Yerin had leaped from the ground onto the couch right by where SinB’s legs were stretched out. Taken by surprise, SinB propped herself up with her forearms to get a better view of the spontaneous woman, her heart rate steadily increasing as she awaited the next move. Though Yerin’s face was shrouded in shadows, SinB could still detect a daring gleam in her eyes. 

 

Yerin pounced on top of SinB, straddling the younger woman’s waist. SinB barely had time to swallow the nervous lump in before Yerin dove in, lips first, and kissed her girlfriend exactly where she desired. Placing a hand beneath SinB’s jaw, Yerin further deepened the kiss, earning a moan from the raven-haired beauty. 

 

As they continued to passionately make out, SinB’s arms began to tremble a bit from the combined forces of her and Yerin’s weight. She desperately wanted to withstand the position to prevent breaking off the liplock. But once Yerin started to grind her hips rhythmically into a very sensitive area of SinB’s lower half, the younger woman soon became lightheaded with lust. Arms giving up, she collapsed onto the couch, falling backward and taking Yerin with her. A startled yelp spilled out of Yerin’s throat, causing her lips to separate from SinB’s. 

 

Laying beside together, the two panted heavily, finally able to intake oxygen after what felt like an eternity of kissing. Their chests heaved up and down in synchronicity, and a sheer film of perspiration coated both of their foreheads. As their breathing returned to its natural state, Yerin pushed herself off of SinB, uprighting herself on the couch while the younger woman stayed recumbent. Even in the subdued lighting, Yerin could clearly perceive the dazed expression frozen on her girlfriend’s face. 

 

“Is that enough proof?” giggled Yerin. 

 

Blankly, SinB nodded before connecting her eyes with Yerin’s. “Whipped cream. Bedroom. Now.”

 

❤️The End❤️


A/N: At last, this fic has come to an end! Thank you to all you wonderful readers out there for the support, comments, or just checking this fic out. I hope it was able to bring you some happiness. Chances are, this could be my last SinRin story, but I’m quite proud of myself that I was, at least, able to continue writing and give it a proper ending. Thank you once more, and may you all have a happy, safe, and healthy New Year!