Memories Of The Future

Memories Of The Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Memories of the Future

 

 

Let's just say that her day isn't complete unless a certain Ning Yizhou bothers her. It has become a routine that Winter has been accustomed to.

 

"So what's with the long face? Did you and your "girlfriend" fight?" Yizhou says with the emphasis on the word "girlfriend" which earned her a slap on the arm from her friend.

 

Winter put her bag on the empty seat beside her and settled on a seat in front of Yizhou. Taking out her phone, she continued scrolling, not minding the younger's antics.

 

"So what is it? Aren't you gonna answer me at least?" Yizhou said a little loudly which caused Winter to look up from her phone and giving her a glare. But Yizhou doesn't seem fazed at all and continued speaking.

 

"See you're texting Aeri unnie about it when I'm the one here asking you. Are you even my friend?"

"Oh stop your dramatic Yizhou. Can you keep your voice down, we're in the library oh my god." Winter finally answered her back in a hushed voice.

 

*Ping 1 message received
So what happened this time?

*Ping 1 message received
Is it still her?

*Ping 1 message received
Don't you dare leave me on read!!!!

*Ping 1 message received
Minjeong unnieeeee!

 

Winter was forced to face her friend when she bombarded her with messages. Heaving a deep sigh she finally gave up and told the younger about her dream last night even though she knows she'll be regretting it later.

 

"Hey what's wrong?" Winter asked the girl staring back at her. Here they are in a coffee shop she doesn't recognize but she doesn't care at all. The only thing she wants at the moment is to know why this certain lady is being grumpy all of a sudden.


The lady snorted back at her.

"Hey, so I'm just "hey" now?" 

"I meant Jagiya. It's Jagiya. I'm sorry about that." Winter said with pleading eyes as she rubbed the other's arms seeking for forgiveness from a mistake she still doesn't know she did.

 

Winter sat there with a cup of coffee in front of her. She doesn't take a sip. She worries that it might make her more nervous than she already was.

"So..." the lady started.

"So?" Winter said back. Still unsure of what to say.

The lady in front of her only rolled her eyes at her and crossed her arms. And with one eyebrow raised finally said, "So you didn't know? A friend of mine saw you last time at a bar, with a guy."

 

A bar. With a guy. Winter doesn't even remember going to a bar. Then she remembered that this is just a dream so of course she gotta play along.

 

"Ah Jagiya that's nothing. He's just a friend." 

"Minjeong I swear to god if you ever think of cheating-" the lady wasn't able to finish her words when Winter suddenly spoke cutting her off.

"Jagiya I'd be a fool if I ever do that to you. Come on, trust me it's only you." Winter said and she meant every word even though she knows that this is just all a part of her subconsciousness. Because looking at the lady sitting across from her, she knows everyone would beg just for a second of her attention. She's really beautiful, no she's ethereal. And she's mine. And this is just a dream, Winter reminded herself. She exist only in your dreams and she's yours, only in your dreams.

 

Later that night as they settled into their bed, as Winter faced her lady, a stack of pillows greeted her instead.

"Uhm Jagiya what are the pillows for?" Winter said propping into her elbows to peek the at other side of the bed.

"That's for making me jealous." she said non-chalantly as she pulled the sheets up to her neck.

 

Goddamn whoever that guy is and dream Winter she thought to herself because now she's not gonna get her cuddles. 

"Jagiya I already explained didn't I?" she asked still trying her luck.

"But still you didn't tell me that you were going out. Now hush, I'm going to sleep." the lady said as she closed her eyes.

 

"Not even a goodnight kiss?" she said hopefully, pouting even though she knows that the lady has her eyes closed already.

"Turn off the lights Minjeong. Sleep now, you still have work tomorrow." the lady said still with her eyes closed and finality in her voice.

 

Sighing in defeat Winter accepted her fate for the meantime and reached out for the lampshade on her bedside table to turn it off. As the darkness settled into the room only then did Winter processed her dream. 

 

So apparently she and the lady are now living together. So that's a step up from their previous relationship on her last dream which if she remembers correctly was still on the dating stage.

How long has it been since her last dream? Almost a week? So if her calculations are right she's probably 25 or 26 already in this current dream.

Closing her eyes, she thought to herself how beautiful it would be to really have someone at that age and get settled in with her little by little as they grow old together. With these thoughts Winter was brought back to her consciousness when her alarm woke her up bringing her back to reality.

 

"You and your bottom Unnie!" Yizhou said stifling her laugh as Winter finished telling her the dream.

And this is what Winter meant when she said to herself that she's gonna regret telling Yizhou her dream. Not wanna entertain the younger's teasing, she brought up her phone again and started scrolling through her social media.

 

"Seriously unnie? Just because you didn't get your cuddles in the dream? She must be really beautiful to have you that upset huh?" Yizhou continued to which Winter only hummed in response.

 

"So tell me what she looks like come on." The younger said as she shake her arm.


"I'm gonna flood you again with messages unnie, I'm telling you." Yizhou said as a warning with a smirk plastered on her face.

 

"Okay okay. God how I wish Aeri was here so she'll at least control you. Why does she have to go to a university that's five hours away." Winter said as she put aside her phone and faced her companion.

 

"No, because she'll take my side and we'll just team up on you. Stop changing the conversation unnie. So what does she look like?" The younger asked as she rested her back on her chair.

 

How do I describe her?  Winter closed her eyes for a moment and thought about all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter