One Week

One Week
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Kim sisters has a yearly tradition which is to go on a trip with just the two of them, they call it “Sisters Trip/Bonding”. 

 

Yes, they live together but because of their busy schedules, there are times the siblings wouldn’t see each other at home, reasons such as Yongsun’s promoting for a comeback which includes weird hours of shootings, guestings, pre-recordings etc. and for Yonghee, staying late in the office or doing business with out of town clients. 

 

One morning, a few years back, while they were having breakfast together, they both decided to make time for a sisters trip; whether it’d be a whole week or a 3 day weekend to go on vacation. 

 

Yongsun is grateful for her Yonghee unnie as the older Kim always manage to make arrangements at her job just so it aligns with Yongsun’s days off or when Mamamoo is on break after comeback promotions. In return, Yongsun volunteers to do the research and plans their trip, with Yonghee’s input and interests of course. Yongsun considers herself as a good tour guide so planning is definitely one of her expertise. She was pretty proud of their trip to Hawaii a couple of years ago because even though it was for her birthday, Yongsun made sure her sister enjoyed herself which the older confirmed as the she always praises her for doing a good job planning a trip abroad.

 

For second year in a row since it’s still the pandemic, Yongsun’s plan to go to Australia has to be set aside yet again. Traveling overseas is limited and the sisters both agreed it’s risky and not worth the trouble. Yongsun is currently finishing up booking their hotel when her phone starts ringing. 

 

It’s Byulyi. 

 

She hits the “Book it” now button then answers the ringing device.

 

“Yes Byul-ah”

 

“Hello my love! Sorry I missed your call earlier.”

 

“It’s okay baby, where are you? Are you busy?”

 

“Not really, I just got out of the gym. Why?”

 

“Do you want to come over and help me? I’ll cook some kimchi fried rice.”

 

“Babe I’ll come over no matter what, you know this.”

 

“Right, I don’t even have to invite you and you’d be here.”

 

“This is true, I just like being around you all the time.”

 

“Aigoo, so greasy my hamster.”

 

“And yours only. I’ll stop by my unit really quick to wash up then I’ll come down. Do you need me to pick up anything while I’m out?”

 

“No, I don’t think so but thanks. I’ll see you in a bit?”

 

“Yes see you in a bit. I love you Yeba.”

 

“I love you too, take care!”

 

Yongsun walks out of her room and proceeds to the kitchen to start on the meal she promised her girlfriend. Yonghee walks by to grab a smoothie she pre-made this morning from the fridge.

 

“Is that all you’re having for lunch Unnie? I’m making kimchi fried rice. I can make some for you too.”

 

The older Kim waves her hand. “No it’s okay, I have a late lunch meeting with a potential client later. If it goes well, I might not be home for dinner. Is Byulyi coming over?”

 

“Yeah, she’s on her way. She’s going to help me pack for our trip next week which by the way, I’ve booked our hotel already.” 

 

Yonghee downs the smoothie and quirks her eyebrow. “Oh, so you’ve told her about our trip then? How’d she take it?”

 

“Uhmmm not yet but I’ll tell her when she gets here. I’m sure it wouldn’t be a big deal. It’s just a week.” Yongsun says confidently.

 

“We’re talking about your girlfriend who’s here almost 24/7 but hey, if you say so.” Yonghee gathers her things and walks towards the door. “Thank you for taking care of the bookings Sis.” 

 

The sound from punching the security code can be heard from the front door and Byul walks in. 

 

“Annyeong Yonghee-unnie! On your way to the office?” Byul holds the door for the older one.

 

“Thank you Byul! And yes I am. As much as I love to stay and chat…” She looks at Yongsun, grinning. “I have a meeting to attend to. Have fun kids!” Yonghee closes the door and leaves.

 

Byul looks at the door for a moment and looks at Yongsun questioningly.

 

“Uhhh, is Unnie okay?” Yongsun just shrugs and turns back to her cooking. 

 

The younger walks to her girlfriend and back hugs her, strong arms wraps around her waist pulling closer. “Hmmmm I missed you. How’s my baby?”

 

Yongsun leans back to the hug. “I’m okay, I’m almost done with this and we can eat soon.” She turns around and kisses the hamster. “Can you set the table babe?”

 

“Yes ma’am!” Byul leans for another kiss and pats her lover’s on her way to the cupboard to grab the plates, glasses and eating utensils.

 

After they finish eating, Yongsun washes the dishes and Byul sits in the living room and checks her phone for messages and emails.

 

“What do you need help with by the way?” The younger asks while scrolling her phone.

 

Yongsun closes her eyes for a second and turns on the faucet, pretending she didn’t hear her girlfriend’s question. It worked as Byul didn’t repeat herself and waits for her to be done.

 

Once she finishes in the kitchen, Yongsun walks directly to her room, knowing Byul will follow her when she notice. Indeed as not even a minute, the rapper is standing on her doorway.

 

Byul sees her girlfriend’s open closet and some clothes piling on her bed.

 

“What are you doing love?”

 

“Uhm, so you know how Unnie and I go on a sister’s trip every year? I need to pick clothes to bring.”

 

“Oh? When is it?” Byul crosses her arms as she continues to watch the older browse her closet.

 

“Next week.”

 

“So sudden?”

 

Yongsun finally turns around and faces Byul whom is still standing afar.

 

“Well, our group is currently on break and Unnie was able to get a week off from her job so we planned it immediately.” 

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

The older senses the sadness from Byul so she walks to where she’s been standing and pulls the younger with her towards the bed and sits her down. Yongsun then proceeds to sit on her girlfriend’s lap and wraps her arms around her neck.

 

“You’re not mad at me are you?” Says Yongsun with a pouty face.

 

Byul shakes her head and smiles a little. “No of course not. Why would I be mad? I was just surprised that’s all. You know I can never get mad at you.”

 

“Really? You mean that?”

“Yes, you know this. It’s always the other way around.”

 

“Well since we’re still on this topic, did I mention we will be gone for a week?” Yongsun grins, arms still around Byul’s neck.

 

The rapper quickly stands up in shock, causing the singer to fall off of her but thankfully she manages to land on her feet to stand up.

 

“A WEEK? KIM YONGSUN STOP PLAYING WITH MY FEELINGS!”

 

“Aigoo Byul-ah, don’t be dramatic. It’s only a week. And besides, you said you won’t be mad. Why are you raising your voice at me?”

 

Byul pinches the bridge of her nose and massages her temples. She did say she wouldn’t be mad at her girl.

 

“Baby I’m not mad and I’m sorry for raising my voice but a week? A whole week?” She pulls Yongsun towards her and wraps her arms around her waist. “A week without a sight of my sun. A week without kisses, hugs, and cuddles. Tell me, how can we survive a week apart?”

 

Yongsun rolls her eyes from her girlfriend’s dramatic antics. 

 

“Babe don’t be like this. I will miss you, trul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter