Wine's Fault

Delivery

Sojung had been drinking wine for the past hour as she watch her favorite show cone to an end. She reached out for the bottle only to notice that it was only a glass left. She sighed, contemplating if she should drink it all or save for later. She sat back down on her couch, looking up at the ceiling as she think of what had happened on the past few days. She hasn't been out for three days, cleaning her house though it's very spotless, trying to catch a fly but eventually giving up then naming it Ron for no reason.

She sighed again, she hadn't been herself for quite a while. Shaking her head, she finally decided to drink the last portion of her wine before she could hopefully sleep without tossing and turning on the bed. As she was drinking, her stomach seems to have a mind of its own. Tipsy and dizzy, she reached out for her phone, wanting to order chicken. But because she couldn't really make sense of things now, she called what she believes to be a number of a 24/7 chicken restaurant. She waited for the other line to pick up, nursing her throbbing head.

"Hello?"

A sweet voice sounded through the phone, it was a bit husky like the person on the other line just woke up.

"I'd like to order a box of chicken, please."

The other line went silent for a while, she was starting to doze off because of the alcohol.

"Are you drunk?"

"Please, I want my chicken now. Thank you."

With that, she ended the call and let the alcohol take over her system.



She woke up to the sound of her door being opened. The door made a sound that whoever was outside her door knows her code. But because she was still half asleep, she couldn't move to greet the sudden guest. She kept her eyes closed, still working on the headache. There was rustling near the door and the next thing she knew, it was that sweet voice over the phone talking to her.

"Eonni."

She felt a shake on her shoulders as the voice continued to call her. She eventually opened her eyes, a smile forming on her lips as she saw who the person is.

"Jiya."

Her smile widens as she stared at the girl, only creasing her forehead when she realized that she never invited Umji over.

"Why are you here though?"

Umji chuckled, sitting beside her and raising her hand to show a box of chicken.

"Delivery?"