Chapter 7

A Place Where I Belong

 

I opened my eyes as I felt someone touched my cheek softly. I saw Minyoung sat on her bed and tears fell down from both her eyes. I wiped her tears away and asked, ‘Are you okay? Feeling better now?’ She didn’t say anything. My heart ache in pain as her tears drop. I wanted to hug her and comfort her but I know that would create a bad image of me in her perspective. When I felt like I couldn’t do anything, the door burst open and I saw a silhouette under the dim light in her room.

‘Minyoung! Are you okay? Sorry I just come now. How are you feeling? Who’s that beside you?’

I think I recognized the voice.  Minyoung quickly wiped her tears away and tried her best not to look sad.

‘Sunggyu oppa, I’m fine. Don’t worry. He’s Myungsoo, my new neighbor. We go to the same school. Don’t you know him hyung?’

Why she told him that I’m here? Why he came in the wrong time?

I freeze in my position as I felt Sunggyu approached. I wanted to go out from the room and ran away but I just couldn’t. My heart hurt as I watched Sunggyu hugged Minyoung. Without even thinking I went out of the room and ran to my home, locked myself in my room. What’s this feeling? My head ache as I remember how Sunggyu embraced Minyoung. Maybe Sunggyu was not only a brother for Minyoung, maybe he’s more than that. I can’t disturb them. What is this feeling? Is it jealousy? I didn’t want to go to school tomorrow. I couldn’t face them. I texted Changjo to tell Mr. Discipline that I’ll be absent tomorrow. I laid myself on the bed and closed my eyes, wished the scenery in Minyoung’s room won’t come to my brain. But, nothing happened as I closed my eyes, the memory just grew clearer. And I remember something that I smelled from Sunggyu as he passed through me before. He smelled different from humans, just like Minyoung’s scent. But Minyoung’s scent was better than Sunggyu’s. His scent burns my nose. I tried to erase all of my thoughts, and let myself slept.

The huge thing approached me and its hand groping towards me. As the hand touched my shoulder, I shivered and everything went dark.

I woke up, breathing hardly as the nightmare terror me again. Still sweating, I went downstairs and sipped a glass of water. I felt more relaxed as the cold water passed through my throat down to my stomach.

2:00 am

 I went to my usual café as I waited for something that will never come. My heart still ached when I remember what happened yesterday. I sipped my coffee and try to be relaxed. Then I decided to go back to my house, changed my clothes to my jogging clothes and start jogging while listening to my iPod. I didn’t know how long I’ve been running and when I felt tired I sat on a bench. While I’m seated, the memory came again to my brain, causing me to feel so much pain. The vibration of my phone woke me up from my imagination.