State of Grace

Jiminjeong One shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ATTENTION!

In celebration of this June's pride month and our association's yearly convention, the association of medical schools will be organizing a very special program celebrating our LGBTQ brother and sister's battles and achievements. One of the highlights of this event would be featuring a couple of interviews with fellow student doctors and their confessions. So in line with this, we are inviting everyone who wants to participate and tell the world their story. Don't be afraid! We're honored and excited to hear from you! So what are you waiting for? Let's go, gays!

Karina was distracted. She was supposed to be studying but the ad kept playing on and on her mind. She sighed in defeat, dropping her notes and laid on the bed. She was just looking up at the ceiling when the sound of her phone interrupted her musings. She smiled when she saw the name written on it.

Winter: *sent a gif of a bear that was waving*

She dropped the phone and returned to her musings. But it was only a couple of seconds before Winter chatted again. And again. And again. Karina rolled her eyes.

Winter: You're thinking of ignoring me again!

Winter: Don't you miss me?

Winter: Jimin- ah.

Karina: What?

Winter: *Sent a gif of blushing bear*

Winter: I love you! <3 I miss you. *pouty emoji* I want you. *Wink emoji*

Karina: Are you on coffee again? I told you don't drink too much. You just stay up late but don't retain .

Winter: Ningning and I tried this new shop. The coffee's good and really strong. The place is awesome too. We should go there some time.

Karina: Good night....

Winter: Hmp.

Karina: I love you too.

Winter: Ahhh! I'll definitely ace my exams tomorrow. I love you so much, baby! Dream of me! 

 

Karina smiled. Her Minjeong has always been the ball of sunshine and at times she didn't know how to keep up with her because she was the very opposite of the girl. Karina was quiet. Winter was loud. Very loud. In fact, in the 2 years that they knew each other, Karina would often ask herself and Minjeong how they are still together and what Minjeong sees in her. 

 

Karina looked at her hands, heart beating faster. She was afraid of hearing the answer so she wasn't sure if she'll push through but at the same time she was also curious. In the end, curiosity always kills the cat.

"Minjeong-ah."

"Are you going to tell me to stop courting you again? Because if yes, newsflash: You're never gonna get rid off this beautiful specimen here."  Minjeong huffed while gesturing towards herself at the end of her statement.

Karina chuckled. "I was going to ask why."

"Why you're never gonna get rid of me? Because I told you I like you and I'll never stop liking you."

"Why do you like me?" Karina sighed. " I'm stiff and unresponsive. Most of the times I don't know how to respond to you because I'm not as vocal as you are. I'm not likeable. I think you're better off with someone just as-"

Winter stopped her by holding her hands. She looked at Winter's smiling warm eyes and found what she's always wanted to see in someone's eyes, understanding.

"I don't want you to be anything than yourself, Jimin-ah. If the other people told you otherwise, I'm here to tell you that I don't want you to change for me. I like you for being 'stiff and unresponsive', I think it's adorable and very Jimin-y. So what if you don't know what to say? I'll understand you nonetheless. Not likeable? Pfft. Maybe I haven't showed and told you enough how likeable you are. But you are. I'll tell you more everyday so you won't question yourself. I like you and nothing but everything about you."

Karina hugged Minnie. It was a dog stuff toy she and Minjeong bought together. She bought it because Minnie reminder her of Minjeong, her puppy, and she wanted to hug something whenever she misses her girlfriend. Even after a year and a half of being together, the other half being Minjeong courting her, it still felt surreal that Karina was in a relationship.

She used to be so afraid of falling in love; courtesy of her parents having their daily fights in front of her and her being the always go-to friend whenever her friends get their heart broken by their partners. 2 years ago, she was just a 20 year old girl with a tendency of  either moping about being single or proving the world that she was okay with being single. If you ask Aeri, her bestfriend, she would tell you how she was so sick of Karina being a bipolar . Thank god Kim Minjeong came.

So as Karina drifted off to sleep, she thought of the ad one last time. Might as well.

It was the end of the month and all of the medical student from every Medical schools of the region went to their university. Even students from other departments visited the university because of the fun activities the organizers had lined up. There was a pride parade in the morning, sports and academic competitions and in the evening was the socio cultural events. And so we go to the highlight of the event...

Winter was once of the audiences of the interview. She was enjoying this year's convention so much. It was so heartwarming to be accepted and not be afraid being you; equality was such a beautiful thing. And it was even better at the moment because she was holding someone's hand while being celebrated. 

The gay couple just finished the interview and Karina was quite fidgety beside her. The interviewer started to introduce the next guest saying that she was a representative of the biual community and a very special guest. Curious. Winter got distracted by the noise so she looked at the audience when they started squealing. What is the fuss about?

Interviewer: Hi, Unnie Karina!

Excuse me? Winter had to look twice at the screen to make sure it was the same Karina she was thinking about. it was gorgeous long black haired Karina with a mole on the left alright. 

Interviewer: Dang, you're really so beautiful. I can't believe I'm talking to you right now. Well, aside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter