Mission 1

ON THE JOB (2MinKey Fanfic feat. Jinki)

2a6624f24c5d9510c0357173f949010f.jpg

 

The thermometer displayed 4 Deg Celcius as the morning fog slowly cleared to a bustling crowd in formal suits and winterwear all over the sidewalks of Yeouido Square. The man on the signal turned green once again letting crowd of anxious humans unconsciously huddling together under those heavily padded layers, hurrying across the street clutching a tiny office bag. The clock chimmed to 9 o' clock, and now the crowd franatically fastened its pace like the clocks have cast a spell on them. 

Somewhere on the 17th floor of one of these tall buildings sat a man dressed in a blue hoodie, munching on that ham sandwich which was half frozen in the cold, gazing down at this crowd through his binoculars. He sighed a little, taking another bite off the frozen sandwich and looked down at his watch again. It was 10 min past 9 and still the floor opposite to him showed no signs of a human presence. 

He pulled out his phone from the pocket to take a clearer look at face of the man he was assigned to kill. The guy in the photo, didnot look like his previous targets. He had more of a cute childish charm and goofiness and less of a someone evil enough to be wanted dead. "But business is business and I shouldnt go by some darn puppy eyes, Looks can be deceiving", he mumbled under his break finishing up on the cold sandwich and shoving the phone back into the pocket. 

The rifle had been set up to its highest precision such that it points at a particular window on the opposite building. Lazily, Minho looked down at his watch again its was 45 min past 9 now. "What an arse of a CEO, late to office by 45 min. Such ty people are the ones who talk about punctuality and ruthelessly treat their subordinates" , he thought whilst keeping an eye on that floor. 

Suddenly, lights lit up and blinds have been removed from the window to uncover a posh interior with Bentley furniture. Hurriedly, Minho sat up to further inspect the floor, when the rich kid entered the room smiling to the lady who clearned up before him warmly and plopped on the finest leather. Minho shifted his position from a leisure binocular creep to a rigid sniper. He still wanted this kid close to the window for his best shot. So he continued to observe him from the lens of the rifle, as this rick kid walked about throwing his blazer and dancing about, more of ing in air rather. 

Minho patiently sat there, with nearly a dozen frozen fingertips, slowly waiting for his prey to approach the window and he can once and forall be done with this. After doing absolutely nothing for an hour, the kid approached near the window finally."Today shall thy die", Minho muttered as he took this chance, aiming the pointer at the head of this kid, finger on the trigger, double checking on the position of left arm to hold the rifle in place tighly... and tightenined his grip on the trigger, when all of a sudden this red haired guy grabbed this kid from behind and lifted him up in the air. 

The grip on the trigger loosened. That smile.... Minho thought, so ugly yet so beautiful. Meanwhile, across the street, the red haired guy was smiling and doing aegyo to the rich kid. They looked so happy from whenere Minho could see. "Who is this red head, the boyfriend? But I have seen him somewhere", Minho thought as his hand unconsiously reached for the phone. Skimming past the information on his target, his eyes landed on a familiar ugly smile. Kim Ki Bum, the name below the image read, right hand guy of the rich kid. He looked up to see this Kibum guy still doing some aegyo but wasn ow rubbing his tummy too. From where Minho was looking, Kibum and rich kid seemed very close. They were definitely dating or simply oblivious. While observing Kibum, Minho notices, the guy has a lot of aegyo, but unlike other guys, he can carry it off. 

A soft grin escaped Minho's lips. This Kibum fella, had something in him. Something besides that truckload of aegyo. An aegyo that wasnt oddly cringy, like the other guys. The aegyo suited him, enough to make our tough guy forget his mission momentarily. A cold breeze snapped Minho back to reality, as he positioned himself once more. He positions his rifle again, to shoot the rich kid who was still by the window. Right index finger over the trigger, left hand on the hood holding onto the rifle tighly and for the second time that day Minho tightened his grip. Once again to be interrupted by another guy who had barged in to hug the rich kid. "Oh it, who's this now?" Minho hissed.Picking up his binoculars again, he zoomed in to get a closer view of this new Mr. Hugger. This was a blondie displaying his gums over his 32 teeth and barely visible half moon curved eyes. Pulling his phone out, he scanend the profile impatiently, to find out about a Mr. Lee Jin Ki, personal manager to the Rick kid. Thursting the phne back into his pocket, Minho angrily placed his rifle on mark. his view was still being blocked by Mr. Hugger. This hug was way longer than the previous one. "Get a room guys", Minho mumbled waiting for jinki to break free. As Jinki moves out of the shot, Minho notices the way the rich kid looks at Jinki. They sparkled. The smile plastered on his face was glowing now. 

"But if this kid's boyfriend is that Kibum... who is this Jinki?", Minho thought. Completely confused about this love traingle, Minho's mind wandered deciphering the puzzle behind this love triangle he just saw. "Was the rich kid playing with them both?".... "But they hugged him in each other's presence"...."Then who The k is he dating"...."Wait....... WHY The k am i bothered about his dating life?"..... "Aish!!!!!!" He mumbled and looked back into the Rifle shot lens, to see the room empty and the window back to displaying the lavish furnitures. 

In a despair, he collapsed on the roof of the 16 storey building. This had never happened before. he was the best sniper shooter in his agency. Kibum's aegyo suddenly flashed before his eyes. "Aishhhh!!! What the hell", Minho muttered biting his lip, when the phone in his pocket vibrated. "WHAT THE HELL MINHO!!! I CAN SEE TAEMIN ON LIVE TV , GRINNING AT THE COFNERENCE. YOU HAD ONE JOB.. ONE JOB.  I DIDNOT EXPECT THIS FROM YOU. ", his boss yelled from the other side. Minho lied through his teeth,"Sir...sir, Please hear me out.... I believe Taemin holds documents supporting their family secrets in his room. If I can get hold of it, it might be very useful to you.I can kill him off anytime you want.But I felt we might need to hold it for the moment." Hearing just heavy breathes from the other side, Minho knew his boss had taken the bait. The 'secret documents' had intrigued his greedy boss. "Okay!!!  Lay low for now, I will investigate this matter more", his boss hissed from the other side befreo cuttign the call.

Why couldn't he shoot his target? Who was the red haired aegyo Kimbummie??.. Bummie??? Minho grinned at the new nick name he just created. "Arghhhhh!!! " He grunted, gritting his teeth. He doesn't care about the documents or the killing.. Never did. But now, something about the killing bothered him. No, it was not Taemin, it was that red head Kibum and Mr. Hugger. He wanted to know this Kibum guy, more rather his relationship with Taemin and this new tofu smiley guy Jinki.

It seems like the simple assignment isn't so simple anymore..........