A Sweet Strawberry Scent

"Eyes On Me"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wherever you are, be all there."

-Jim Elliot

 

 

10 years ago~~~

 

A small, lavish, remarkably, delicate  pink petals falling like a snow by the flow of the wind. Covering the whole place by its magnificent view of cherry blossoms adding a serenity to the surroundings. There, a six year old girl , wearing a red dress , with a big ribbon on the collar , and a matchy small sling bag that was resting on her side as she was  sitting down on the bench. Her eyes roamed around in  awe from what she was witnessing. "Waaaaaaaah! How beautiful these cherry blossoms they can be?!" she said in a glittered eyes raising her right hand in front  of her chest carefully awaits for a tiny petal to land on her palm. "Gotcha!"  She smiled and thought about making a wish upon catching a sakura petal. They said that if you could catch a cherry blossom petal while falling through the wind,  a one wish is needed to be done. 

The little girl closed her eyes and started to say her one and only wish in silence. In a few seconds she gets up from sitting  and made  a little  steps " I hope it will come tru-----" she uttered but didn't get a chance to finish her sentence when a firm and clearer voice shouting continuously getting nearer and nearer behind her that made her looked back. She wasn't able to recognized what was this kid telling her about but she was sure to that very moment that she needs to be mindful in everything with her surroundings and that's it. " Watch out you mea-----?"

 

 "I SAID WATCH OOOOOOOOOUTTTTT ! " in a split of second she felt a body collided  on her making her whole small body instantly fall to the ground. Shocked to what has occurred  and soon her torso was in a pain. "Ouch! " she hissed as she tries to stand up from laying down.

"I---I---I'm really sorry! " the kid apologized in a stutter  and hastily  picked up her skateboard and bolted out from the scene which the little girl only eyed her with mouth agape. 

Watching that kid while vanishing in front , her senses came back "What? did she just leave me like that without helping  me???!! " she frustratedly beamed "Aaaaaaaaagggghhhh! I hate that kid! " when she was about to stand up , a white handkerchief was offered to her along with a small arm that she followed to looked at until she met the eyes of this another kid.

 

"Hey? Here, take this...." little Soojin unconciously took the handkerchief from this kid without saying anything "You see, she's not that bad, It's an accident and I am sorry for what happened." a sincere and apologetic face that this kid showed up and little Soojin  hum and nod her head that all her angerness had evaporated instantly.

 

"It's fine, I guess" 

 

"Thank you" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*brrriiiiiiiiiingggggggggg*

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaah" a long sighed of relief came out from the mouth  of the young lady along with a stretching of her arms upwards. "First day of school is finally done! " she said and put her things inside her bag.  A cute short haired girl with a chubby cheeks slowly seated beside  the young lady making a funny faces that didn't go unnotice , making the young lady in a confused look.  "What?"

 

"Soojinnie?  Wanna hangout? " the short haired girl asked in a playful tone which the young lady cringed from her spot.  "Yah!  What's  with that voice Jiyoon? " Soojin asked and soon made an agreeable face.  "Let's  go? " hearing this statement, the short haired girl showed a gummy smile because of happiness. Shin Jiyoon,  is one of the dorkiest best friend of Soojin along with Jihan who's not around. Jiyoon is that kind of friend who always make a dad jokes out of nowhere but still receives a laugh. Kind and bubbly that's  how they describes  her. 

 

Soojin and Jiyoon are now outside of the campus and on the way to their usual place. The young lady suddenly stopped as she remembered something "Ah! "

 

"What is it Soojin? "

 

"I forgot to look inside my locker. "

 

That's  it,  Jiyoon knew what   Soojin was talking about forgetting something inside the locker.  The young lady always checks her locker before leaving the school, and it's unusual for her to forget it.  Maybe she's been occupied over something? Who knows?... 

"Oh yeah?  How did we forge----" before Jiyoon finishes her statement. The young lady quickly dashed off inside the building which Jiyoon  scratched the back of her head and making a long sighed. "Oh jeeez,  here we go again. When will I go home without bringing a big box??!! " she said

 

 Soojin being her usual self and just doing nothing besides of walking briskly yet still attracting the students around her. 

"Dude!  It's  Lee Soojin??!! QWTCNS##/** "

"I kniw doode!!! Ken yu pulease tolk propherly HDJFKAUWTQWYRIFIAB??!!!! "

"Shut up!!!  Don't  you know how to talk GKCNDHDYETWJANDBSJALAPFU???!!! "

Three guys were having a conversation the moment they saw the young lady passed by them. Soojin is aware of everything  about her surroundings because she loves hearing other people talking about her in a positive way , of course. 

 

"I know I am that pretty but what are they talking  about  me? Was that a new language that I needed to learn in the future? " she thought  curiously 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Aaaagggghhhhh! This is so tiring! " Soojin heaved a long sighed as she places a big box on the table that blocks Jiyoon's face who is drinking a soda. "It increases more than before.... " the young lady stated as she took a sit. 

They were now on their usual hangout place called 'Weeekdonald's'.  A place where you can eat your favorite fries, burgers, sundaes and chickens. 

"Wooooaaaaahhh??!! That's a bigger box than the last time you had brought." Jiyoon dipping her fries on her favorite ketchup while getting amazed at the same time.

 

"What shall I do? "

 

"Nothing? " Jiyoon casually  said as she began to browse inside the box. "Because  I know,  you love receiving these kind of stuffs and who wouldn't  want to? " she diverted her eyes to her friend  and gave her a grinned.

The young lady shee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter