Charm Princess

"Eyes On Me"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dreams do come true,  don't they? If you work hard and give it the best as you can ,you will achieve what you are yearning for.  Some people were born having with a whole packed of bread  and a carton of milk on their table whilst others just having the bread crumbs  to fill their empty growling stomachs. Why does fate seems to be unfair? These were the thoughts that has been bugging inside the head of the latter who was pedaling slowly and got stopped in front of a big mansion.

 

"Fate is really playing with us huh? " she mumbled while looking that huge black gate with an envious look on her face. "Noooo! Park Soeun get a hold of yourself! This isn't  you!  How could you even think about those things when you have a younger sister who's depending on you??!! " she scolded herself ,dishevelling her hair and  soon guilt eats her up. A sudden flashback went through inside her mind (love and pain) that's how she describes it. 

 

"My dear Soeun,  please take good care of your little sister and be strong, always." a pale woman in her mid 30's laying down on the bed.  With a skinny bones, wrinkled face, dried lips , having a difficult in breathing . She  softly uttered making little Soeun's eyes formed in a tiny crystal tears. "Do you hear me?"

 

Little Soeun trying to hold back herself from weeping despite of hearing the loud sound of a crying child beside her, Zoa, her little sister. "Eomma! eomma! dwont lheave us pweeaaseee..." little Zoa begs while hugging her mother who's been sick for a year. That is right, it is their mother, who was diagnose with a cancer 'Leukemia'. She has been receiving a treatment for a year yet still not enough to prevent and avoid that damn cancer. Soeun and Zoa's father went missing before knowing about the situation of their mother, no one knows where his whereabouts. They asked a lot of detectives but still couldn't find him and that's the cue for them not to be bothered in looking for their own father.

 

"Yes eomma, I heared you...." little Soeun finally spoke in a firm, looking through the eyes of her mother. She then received a sweet genuine smile from her mother, nodding her head, while her right hand carressing the top of the head of a sobbing little Zoa.

 

"My dear Zoa, please be brave and don't give your big sister a headache, okay?" the pale woman said in between a small  laugh. Little Soeun still looking at her mother and her little sister conversing and still  hard as a rock. Her mother diverted her eyes to little Soeun and gave her left hand. Little Soeun immediately held it like it was for the first time, where it was so warm. "This is the hand who cooked us a lot of delicious food, a hand who took  good care of us while we were sick , a hand that comforts us when we were throwing tamtrums and a hand-----------" Little Soeun thoughts were interrupted when her mother spoke which made her heart got stabbed like a hundred of daggers. 

 

"I love you and I'm sorry....." were the last words that came out from the mouth of her mother. Followed by a loud crying sound that irks inside the room. It was like from a drama scene where  little Soeun never thought it would ever happen. 

 

"And the hand that I will hold for the last time, thin yet so warm."  Little Soeun let her body crashed towards her mother, couldn't suppress the emotions, pain and heartaches she has been  hiding. Those tiny crystal tears easily fell down on her face , mourning and grieving.

Flashback ends~~~

 

"Right!  Zoa needs me and  I promised to eomma that I'll be stronger even the things won't fall into right places." a determined face she portrayed, with that she get a folded newspaper inside her messenger bag, went straight to the mailbox and carefully dropped it. "Okay! Done for today's work! I need to go home now to make a breakfast for my lilttle sister." the latter hopped on her bicycle and rushed  her way  home and doesn't want to waste  any time. She couldn't afford to be late on her first day of school.  

 

After the death of their mother. Mr. Chu , the younger brother of Mrs. Park decided to get the custody  of Soeun and Zoa. He is kind,  caring and have that father figure that they've been wanting to have.  Life was getting smoother as the days goes by,  but a sudden turnover  had changed their lives. Mr. Chu, getting involved in gambling and luck wasn't his side and went bankrupt instantly.  He needed a handsome of money to pay off those loan sharks. With that,  the house where Soeun and Zoa lived  had been sold out,  their savings from banks which her mother worked hard for it went to zero. Thanks to uncle Chu,  they won't live the way they did before ; peaceful,  happy,  and had enough money to fill their tummy. 

At the young age,  even in Junior HS,  Soeun decided to do some part time job to be a helpful hand , luckily someone offered her a good paying job which is delivering newspapers to every houses. 

Time skipped~~~

Spring has come where every place were filled with pink petals adding colors to the road. A warm bree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter