Dead Man Walking

Dead Man Walking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Coming from an unplanned casual ual encounter, wearing the same clothes worn the previous evening, they call it a walk of shame. As for the vocalist Winter Kim, a walk of shame would be an understatement of what has transpired the night before.

 

 

You know, maybe I’m drunk

Maybe I’m not

Maybe this happened,

Maybe it didn’t

 

 

It was a cool Friday night when Winter and her bandmates arrived at her hometown where they’ll be having a show in a local bar as the last stop for their concert tour. They have been on the road for the past three months, and they couldn’t hide their excitement when they finally reached their last stop. The Blu Lounge Bar-- the bar where it all started.

 

“I know we’re all tired from the tour and all the shows that we did, but let’s give it our all, okay?” Henry, the band’s keyboardist, and their leader said. Huddled in a circle, s answered with a nod and excited smiles.

 

 

‘Cause my sister has a best friend

That I’ve known since I was three

 

 

“Hey Giselle, would you like to grab some drinks before we head home?” Karina asked her best friend/business partner. They just finished cleaning their shop and are in the middle of locking the front door when a cool breeze suddenly passes by causing her to slightly shiver and crave some alcohol in her system.

 

“I think I’ll pass for now Rin, I need to help my mom prepare dinner tonight.”

 

“That’s weird. You can’t even peel an apple, how are you supposed to help Auntie?” Giselle rolled her eyes at the teasing remark of her best friend.

 

“I said ‘prepare’, preparation doesn’t just involve cooking, okay,” she answered.

 

“Aigoo, my baby is pissed.” Karina teasingly tickles Giselle’s chin while trying to hold back her laugh at how her best friend gets more and more irritated at her.

 

Giselle pushed her face away from her before walking ahead, leaving her best friend laughing.

 

When she finally calmed down, Karina quickly caught up to her and linked arms with her.

 

“Seriously though, what’s the occasion? Is your brother finally moving out of your house?”

 

“Nah. I’ll probably be the one moving out soon.”

 

“Then what’s this dinner preparation for?”

 

“My sister. She just got back from their concert tour.”

 

“Oh. I forgot that you have a lil’ sister. What was her name again?”

 

“Minjeong. You left when she was just fifteen.”

 

“Ah, yes. I remember. She was a shy kid, I didn’t get to bond with her even when I’m almost every day at your house.” Karina tried to recall what the young girl looked like.

 

Giselle noticed the sudden silence. She looks at the clingy woman only to find her spacing out with a smile plastered on her face.

 

“Hey babe, is it okay if we hang out at your place tomorrow?” 

 

“Since when did you start asking for my permission to hang out at our house?”

 

“Now?”

 

“You’re being weird, Rin.Ugh.” Giselle faked a shudder and quickened her pace. “C’mon now Rin. I don’t want to be late.”

 

 

A beautiful family friend is she

Almost a decade older than me

And I’ve been gone for quite a while overseas

And she’s been living up in Albany

 

 

The band was playing their fourth song for their first set when Winter noticed a familiar face enter and went straight to the bar. Is that…

 

“I hope everyone’s having a good time. This will be our last song for our first set, hope you like it.”

Henry started singing in acapella with Winter harmonizing with him.

 

(Lemonade by Jeremy Passion)

 

While waiting for her drink, Karina decided to send a message to her best friend, only to stop midway when she heard the song being played by the band. She turned to look at the performers in front and her eyes immediately landed on the only girl in the ensemble. Her eyes widened in shock when she locked eyes with the vocalist. Oh my god, she’s beautiful. She unconsciously gulped when she saw her smile in her direction.

 

“Here’s your mojito, Ma’am.” the voice of bartender brought her back to her senses. She suddenly felt shy and turned around. She grabbed the prepared drink and chugged it in one go. The bartender looked at her in awe.

 

“One more glass, please.” she smiled at him before handing him the emptied glass. Calm down, Jimin. Calm down.

 

“Make that two.” Karina got startled by the voice. Warily, she looked to her side. There she found the vocalist looking at her, smirking.

 

“Hi.” Winter greeted.

 

“HI?” god, she’s prettier up close

 

Winter raised a brow at the response she received.

 

“You’re Jimin, right?” she asked.

 

“I’m sorry, but who are you?” For the second time that night, Karina caught another smirk from the girl. Feeling slightly taken aback by how the stranger knew her name and a little pissed at the constant smirks she catches, Karina chugged half of the drink that was just served and intentionally slammed the glass down causing the other girl to jerk at the noise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter