Final

Nobody
Please log in to read the full chapter

She might be an adventurous person but that doesn’t mean she like camping. Well, she does like it if she’s going alone or with her close friends, but here she’s now, helping her best friend at Summer Camp where there’re a bunch of rich kids spending their summer doing multiple activities. Don’t get her wrong, she like kids, her family’s kids, not someone else kids.

Minjeong wonder why she said yes when her best friend asked her to be one of the counselors. She lied; she knows exactly why she said yes. It’s because she’s so stupidly head over heels with her best friend that she said yes to spending an entire five-day period with kids she didn’t even know just because her best friend asked her to. Without a second thought.

Stupid, Minjeong! You should say no when she asked you! Minjeong complains to herself as she sets up their tent roughly.

She can’t, not when her best friend looked at Minjeong with her puppy eyes. She knows exactly Minjeong weakness and always used it every time she needs Minjeong to help her and Minjeong never can say no. That’s how whipped she is for her best friend. She would never tell her feeling to her best friend because as far as she knows, her best friend is straight as a rod with a lot of ex-boyfriends.

“What the tent did to you that you treat it like that?” There’s a voice coming from behind her, so Minjeong turns her body around and saw her best friend, Jimin, walking toward her. She stopped at Minjeong's side and inspecting the tent that Minjeong barely set up with amused eyes.

“Nothing. They did nothing. You on the other hand…”

“Me? What did I do now?” asked Jimin confusedly.

“You failed to inform me that I will be babysitting a bunch of rich kids! You and I know how rich kids act especially when they’re at this age!” Minjeong whispered. She can’t forget about how awful her past was, more importantly during summer camp. Jimin looked at her with soft eyes. She knows exactly what Minjeong thinking about.

“Which is why I asked you to be here, Minjeong. Both of us already experience it once and both of us also know that not all kids are bad. They just need attention and love they never had from their parents because they’re too busy to notice their children.” Said Jimin and she put her hand on Minjeong's shoulder. “I know one of the kids who were like that before and turn out to be the kindest woman I ever know.”

Minjeong turns her head away from Jimin so she wouldn’t saw Minjeong’s red face.

“Now come on, I will help you setting up the tent.” After finished setting up the tent, they left their belonging inside and left to gather all the kids under their care.

--

“Dear God! I’m tired!” Minjeong let out a big sigh as she sits in front of the fire she set up earlier.

“How can you survived doing this every year?” asked Minjeong to Jimin, who sit beside her with their dinners in her hands and she passed Minjeong’s dinner to her. Jimin only shrugged her shoulder and gave Minjeong a smirk, which Minjeong retailed with eye rolls.

They just finished their dinner and right now enjoying the night. Minjeong wouldn’t lie, it is a nice night. Despite her reluctance of being a counselor, she can’t deny she like spending her holiday together with Jimin. It’s been so long since they spend their day together like this, usually, Aeri and Yizhuo (sometimes Jimin’s boyfriend will tag along, which she hates) will come with them. So, this is a blessing in disguise for her.

“Are you cold?” asked Minjeong as she saw Jimin shivering.

“A bit.”

“Do you want to go back inside our tent?”

“Nah, let’s stay here for a while. It’s been so long since we do this together. I missed it.” Jimin said. Minjeong then comes closer and puts her arm around Jimin’s shoulder. She then rubbing Jimin’s arm to create some heat.

“Is it better?” asked Minjeong. Jimin only nodded her head and then laying it on Minjeong’s shoulder.

“How’s Mark-Oppa?”

“Hmm. He’s good. Why are you asking about him?” Asked Jimin.

“Well, you’re in a relationship with him, so…”

“We broke up a week ago.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” asked Minjeong in surprise. She didn’t know should she be happy or sad that Jimin is now single.

“You have exams during that time, so I don't want to disturb you. Besides, it's not that important.” 

“Do you already have someone to replace him?” Minjeong asked that question because she knows Jimin has a lot of 'fans' waiting for her.

“Nah, I want to be single for now.”

“That’s new.”

“Well, I’m on my last semester before graduating and Father already gave me an ultimatum that I need to graduate with Laude.” Jimin rolled her eyes. “So, I need to focus on my studies.”

“You’ll do just fine, Unnie. I mean you’re smart and always on top 3,” Minjeong reassured Jimin.

“Thanks. What about you?”

“Me?”

“Yeah, it’s been what? Three years? since your last relationship. Don’t you want to be with someone?”

“Nah, I love being single.”

“But why? You have a lot of people waiting for you too.”

“You know my schedules a

Please log in to read the full chapter