2/3

Invitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She haven't married yet."

Minjoo exclaims, her voice come out with excitement and it surprise the person who is sitting across her. 

"That tells alot about your questions and all." Replied Yuri while sipping on her iced americano, she looks at Minjoo smiling.

"Beside she looks around our age too." She added. 

Minjoo widen her eyes and nods in agreement with Yuri's words. They once happened to met Chaewon accidentally, when Yuri visiting Minjoo's place, long way before they star getting closer. 

Yuri has been listening to all Minjoo's stories about her pretty neighbor, at the point her curiosity brings her to Minjoo's place and the latter just gladly accepted it.  

"But Minjoo, are you serious with her? I mean if it's just about crushing on her, I don't mind. But what if you really loves her?" Yuri question suddenly made Minjoo's smile disappear. 

She stares at her best friend who took a deep breath before have this serious expression on her.

Minjoo shakes her head and said "Don't use that expression on me."

"I mean it's not gonna be easy as the usual," Yuri managed to say it, then paused her words. 

"she have a daughter." Yuri trying to point out her words, she know how Minjoo could easily wins anyone heart by her charms. 

But this time, Yuri feels it's gonna be different. 

"It's better for you to step-back before your feelings get complicated. I'm sure she won't easily accept you too." 

Even though clearly Minjoo doesn't like to hear this, it's obvious by how her expression changed.

Yuri isn't trying to be a party pooper in between Minjoo's little celebration about her crush but she felt Minjoo need to hear this. 

"Me saying this for you, so you can be careful." 

At this point Minjoo didn't reply her words, different thoughts filled her head and the way Yuri's words sounds so right.  

"Later, you need to understand about her situation as well." Yuri's words really got her thinking. 

...

On sunday morning, it's time for Jiwon having a whole day with her Mom. So, Chaewon is ready with everything that her daughter planned for this Sunday. 

Apparently it's a routine for Jiwon to write down 'Sunday wishlist' on a roll paper that Chaewon placed beside her daughter's bed. A way for Chaewon to let Jiwon explore herself and her creativity, beside it's always fun to see those randomly shaped alphabet and doodles. 

Sometimes when Chaewon likes those doodles, she would take them and placed it on her work table. 

"Hohoho so what's princess Jiwon wishlist today?" Chaewon faked an old guy voice in order to entertain her daughter, she clutched a ruler in her hands. Acted like it's her sword. 

A fit of giggle can be heard from Jiwon as she got interested by her Mom's great acting. 

"Who are you?" Jiwon asked while poking Chaewon arm. 

"Oho!? You don't know me!? I'm....a knight! Who will be granted Princess Jiwon's wishlist."

The called to be Knight, Chaewon, swaying the ruler in very interesting move. It made Jiwon screaming enthusiastically.

Before she saw the little girl running to grab her role paper and gave it to Chaewon, she smiled at her daughter and ruffles the soft hair. 

"Here's my wishlist!" 

"Alright, princess! Let me see!" 

Chaewon carefully opened the role paper and her smile grew wider, when she saw random scribbles, then three person on the top which she supposed one of them is Jiwon by the pigtails on the draw. 

She furrowed her eyebrows noticing beside Jiwon, it's probably her being drawn poorly with black hair and shoulder length hair then the other one....?

"It's Jiwonnie, Mommy and Minmin aunty!" Jiwon chirped beating Chaewon curiosity. 

Indeed it looks like Minjoo for some reason, despite random accessories given on it's draw. 

Chaewon looks up at her daughter who stand up in front of her, excited while showing her drawings. 

"Do you want to meet Minjoo aunty again?" She asked at her daughter.

Jiwon nods vigorously before she come closer to Chaewon and sit on her lap. Fingers busily pointed at her role paper and what she wrote also draw. 

It's only few days after they met Minjoo, a week after the incident Chaewon forgot to pick-up Jiwon. That time Minjoo bought them alot of ice cream and bunch of chocolates, she said it's a present for Jiwon. 

So Chaewon didn't expected Jiwon wanted to meet Minjoo again. 

"Playing with Minmin Aunty is so fun! She told me about dinosaur, frogs, then alot of animal stories." Jiwon's expression can't lie, she talk with those bright eyes and it's staring at Chaewon. 

"She promised me to buy animal onesie! Mom, we only have one. The tiger! She said she'll buy the rabbit one!" 

"Do you know how the rabbit one is prettier!" 

"I let her to see it! and! and! Minmin aunty said yes, let's get this for you!" 

"When we walked to your office, she is so nice. She keep singing along with me! She know all the songs! My favorite song too!" 

Chaewon is a bit surprised with the nonstop talking about Minjoo from Jiwon, didn't expected her daughter is really really really likes Minjoo.

But the problem is, she doesn't know if Minjoo is available or not. 

Add with Minjoo already helping her alot with Jiwon these days, almost a whole week. 

"How about duck aunty? You played with her few times, don't you miss her?" A little bit flustered, Chaewon tried to distract her daughter for a while by mentioned Yena. 

"No! Duck aunty threatened me when i accidentally swallowed the cherries seeds, she said I'll grow cherries inside my tummy!" 

Only end up making Chaewon facepalmed herself, cursing under her breath that probably Yena really said that to Jiwon knowing the older girl sometimes have her own ways to express herself.

The problem is sometime those ways aren't suit for the kids. 

"Oh how about Wonyo unnie?" She turned her head at Jiwon and her daughter widen her eyes upon Wonyoung's name. 

Chaewon smile widely, feeling proud by herself. She knew it, Jiwon wouldn't refuse Wonyoung. Because she is one of Jiwon's favorite. 

"Wonyo unnie.... Wonyo unnie.... Is not in Korea.... Wonyo unnie....leaving me..." 

The sudden change of expression and how Jiwon slowly frowning, pouting then crying.

Chaewon had to facepalmed herself again.

Right Wonyoung is studying abroad and it took a whole week for Jiwon to crying over her "Wonyo unnie" when the latter bid her goodbye.

Oh . 

Maybe Minjoo is the answer. 

...

Minjoo has been staring at Chaewon who have this flushed cheeks and pouty lips, she laughs at the woman and then feed Jiwon a spoonful of ice cream that they bought earlier. To bribe the crying Jiwon and let her play along with her friends on the playground in their apartment area.

Jiwon already showed Minjoo her friends, forced them to greet 'Minmin aunty' with additional "she's nice and pretty" and end up with Minjoo giving them candies.

They're mostly the kids who went to the same daycare with Jiwon, even Chaewon recognize some of them too. 

"Stop laughing at me." Chaewon said, feeling a little bit offended with Minjoo's laughs.

She told Minjoo about what makes Jiwon cried earlier, then Minjoo start to burst out laughing. 

"What's so scary about ringing my bell and it's all clear." Minjoo offered the new ice cream to Chaewon, but the latter refused it and still with her pouty lips. 

"You have been helping me alot, Minjoo-ssi. I don't want to be a burdensome neighbor for you."

Minjoo scoffed and Chaewon turned her head at her. 

"It's not. Also you can drop the honorifics. I know you're older than me by one year, Jiwon told me about it." She said while smiling. 

They saw how Jiwon running to Minjoo and ask for another spoonful of ice cream, before she continues playing with her friends. 

Chaewon noticed something different from Jiwon, her daughter always been bright and cheerful. 

But seeing her playing outside like this and the constant 'Jiwon-ah! Jiwon-ah!' from Minjoo that makes Jiwon running cutely to them is an expression that she never seen before. 

The playground on their apartment area is the place that made them living there, the spacious playground and Jiwon likes it.

Yet ever since they moved, Chaewon can count it by fingers how many times they've been there. Because how rarely Chaewon bring Jiwon to play outside, it's always the same pattern for Jiwon house-daycare-house.  

Somehow realizing about it made Chaewon feels guilty. 

No wonder when they pressed Minjoo's bell and with Jiwon crying also sobbing confessed she wanna play together with her.

Minjoo immediately reach for Jiwon's hand and said. "Let's go to the playground then, there are alot friends! You must've like it." and "Lets buy ice cream too! So stop crying okay?" 

"You're really good with kids." Chaewon unconsciously said that, Minjoo just hums responding her words. 

The other woman is savouring her ice cream, Chaewon lowkey regret she refused the ice cream offer earlier. The weather is nice but it's summer and the heat is not playing around, Chaewon had to fan herself using her hands.

"Here." Minjoo who were observing her, taking out the ice cream from the plastic bag again and give it to Chaewon. 

This time the woman didn't refuse it, but shyly taking it while saying thankyou. 

"You're so cute for a mother who have daughter." Minjoo chuckles and sighs in content, she is saying as if Chaewon isn't there, beside her. 

"What?" 

"Did i said something?"

"You just said I'm cute." 

"Is that making you offended?" 

Chaewon stares at Minjoo in disbelief, despite her ears and cheeks feel heaten up because the sudden compliment from Minjoo. 

"You likes it." 

Minjoo pointed at Chaewon redden cheeks, before she get up from her seat to approaching Jiwon who's calling her. 

....

Chaewon let out a heavy breath as she saw Minjoo still letting Jiwon get the piggy back ride for the nth times, while she just done catching after them. 

They happened to do role-play as Jiwon is the hero and Chaewon the villain meanwhile Minjoo became the horse. It's ridiculous, she know but as long as Jiwon is happy.

At first Chaewon felt sorry because how Jiwon excitedly jumping on Minjoo's back. 

Minjoo keep saying it's okay and they keep doing it for 1 hour and more. Now she can said Minjoo is barely okay after became Jiwon's personal horse for 1 hour. 

Chaewon quickly reach for the two of them, before carefully took Jiwon from Minjoo's back into her arms. Despite the little girl is whining and tried to grasp onto Minjoo but Chaewon is fast enough to stop her. 

"Jiwon-ah, Aunty is tired. Look? Let Minjoo aunty rest first." Chaewon pointed at Minjoo who is catching on her breath, but managed to let out a small chuckles so the little girl wouldn't feel bad. 

"Say something to Minjoo aunty." Chaewon said and looking at Jiwon's expression seems like the little girl is actually exhausted too. 

Well, who wouldn't after playing for all day long and yet Minjoo managed to stay with them till now. Keeping it out to managed play with Jiwon. 

They literally tried everything that they could do today. From playing on the playground, puzzles time, story telling, hide and seek, having lunch together and back to playing again. The last was the Hero, Villain and horse role-play. 

"I'm sorry, aunty." Jiwon says with her apologetic looks, she is tugging on Chaewon's shirt so she could reach Minjoo. 

The little girl giving her a pat on the head, something she learn from Chaewon whenever she managed to do something good and as a reward Chaewon always gave her a pat on the head. 

Chaewon who saw that is surprised but seeing how Minjoo still be able to smile brightly at her daughter, there is a strange feelings when she saw Minjoo and Jiwon at the same time.

"No, it's okay." Minjoo replied. 

Chaewon excusing herself to the couch and let her daughter sit comfortably there, before she set up the television to Jiwon's favorite nursery songs. When she heard a squeal come out from her daughter as soon as the song started, Chaewon took a deep breath. Relieved. 

Minjoo who finally felt the pain kicking on her back, she took a glance at Chaewon and Jiwon for a split seconds before lying on the floor. Not minding how she literally lying near the kitchen, she just need to rest her back for a while. 

"Thanks." Minjoo managed to show her thumbs up at no one, before closes her eyes. 

Chaewon saw that and she shakes her head, Minjoo probably won'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter