1/3

Invitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon is occupied with the soup she is cooking, wiping her hand now and then after she cuts some ingredients then put it inside her soup. The tiny bite sized meat that she already cut into pieces is ready to be the next one, she only need to wait for a few minutes. 

The blasting music from living room, made Chaewon peek over the television which showing a nursery song with cute characters. Her eyes caught the little girl who tried to move her body following what shown in the television, Chaewon took a deep breath and smiled. 

"Jiwon-ah, careful." She chirps in when caught the little girl is kinda losing her balance. "Just sit down while watching it." Chaewon order.

The little girl turn her head at her direction then slowly sitting on her own, Chaewon nods in approval while showing her thumb as a sign for good job to her daughter. 

Daughter. 

Chaewon repeat that word by herself inside her head, whenever looking at the little girl it's kinda feel surreal. Well even though clearly Chaewon didn't experience being pregnant as Jiwon is her adopted child, yet the responsibility is the same. 

Who would expect the Kim Chaewon who is being known as one of the troublemaker in her college, is now living her life as a single mother of her daughter. 

A working mother, even. 

It wasn't an easy for her and Chaewon met Jiwon accidentally, when she was doing a volunteer work in some orphanage. .

The day when Jiwon came, it was raining hard. 

Chaewon still remember how the baby Jiwon wrapped her tiny hands around Chaewon's pinky finger, probably that's the time when Chaewon felt the tug in her heart whenever seeing baby Jiwon. 

Chaewon is 28 years old when she decided to adopt Jiwon, her parents told her she is too early to for having a kid. Not like they unwelcoming towards Jiwon, they're just worried about Chaewon, add Chaewon decided to raise Jiwon all by herself and rejected her parents offer to get married. 

Then again Chaewon felt she could handle it and she is mature enough. She isn't pleasant with the thoughts of getting married. 

"Okay, open your mouth now. Aaaaa~" Chaewon carefully feed a spoonful of soup into her daughter's mouth, watching as the little girl munching slowly. 

Now it has been 4 years she is living together with Jiwon, raising her and watching her grow up. 

"Mom, you promised me ice cream after this." Her daughter looks up at her with hopeful eyes, a look that kind of warn her because it's true Chaewon really promised it. 

Chaewon noticed that Jiwon have excellent skill when it cames about speaking, she speak so well for a six years old. 

The fact her daughter also know, how sometimes Chaewon tend to forgot about it. So she have to talk about it again, reminding her. 

"Mhm, but you need to finish your meal." Chaewon settle the agreement which the little girl accept it immediately. 

Chaewon smiles, pulled the little girl into her embrace for once and landed a soft kisses on Jiwon's cheek. Making the little girl is squeal in her arms. 

When morning comes, it's a war for Chaewon. She need to wake up her daughter and don't mention the whole bathing session, to preparing breakfast and sending her off to the Daycare. 

Chaewon hold onto Jiwon tightly not at the point it would hurt her though, as the little girl tried to run away again from her and she's still topless. Jiwon is giggling and dancing towards the nursery song, so Chaewon had to make some effort putting the clothes into the small body. 

She sighs in relief after successfully make Jiwon wear her clothes, then she dash towards the kitchen to prepare some quick breakfast for both of them. Milk and a slice of bread with strawberry jam (Jiwon's favorite) 

"Alright, Jiwon-ah. Time to get ready." Chaewon handed a small piece of the bread, Jiwon holding it then putting inside her own mouth. 

The little girl is munching quietly and singing along to her favorite nursery song, Chaewon is busy putting shoes on the little one. 

Her phone suddenly ringing and Chaewon excuse herself to get the call. 

"Yes, yes, i understand. The meeting is today, later at 2PM." Chaewon turned into her work mode as she keeping her eyes on Jiwon, who seems curious about what she is talking about. "Alright, I'll be at office soon." 

Chaewon took a glance at her own reflection that being shown on the mirror, thinking probably she should putting make-up later on her car or at the office before the meeting. 

"Jiwon-ah, come on. Let's go!" 

Signalling her daughter to come with her, Chaewon putting the small backpack on Jiwon. Then she carried her own bag and hand holding on Jiwon who is still happily singing along, all the way to elevator down to the parking lot and Chaewon would join once in a while making the little girl is excited. 

...

Minjoo always noticed the family who live across her apartment unit, a young mother and her daughter. In fact Minjoo has been greets them but it just that. 

Jiwon actually is close to her, since the little one would sneakily running from her Mom when Chaewon is occupied by something else. Her bell would be ringing nonstop and she knew it was Jiwon, who will be standing in front of her door with smile plastered all over her face. 

Sometimes Minjoo only met the little girl who seemed always excited, walking on her own while her Mom following from behind. The nursery songs that often being heard in early morning is no surprise anymore. 

The young mother, which she supposed her name is Chaewon often knock into her door looking for Jiwon after her little escape, apologizing nonstop for all the ruckus and noises or when she decided to have a baking session and she would share some of the cookies. 

When Minjoo arrived at the parking lot after work, she saw Jiwon is dancing and twirling around excitedly while Chaewon is busy to taking out all the groceries from her car. Looks like the small family just done with their grocery shopping. 

Seeing how Chaewon really struggling to keep up with the groceries and excited Jiwon, Minjoo doesn't have a heart not to help them. Beside seeing how excited Jiwon only lead Minjoo to worry cause the little girl been twirling carelessly. 

"Do you need a help?" Minjoo ask carefully and Jiwon who were busy with her twirl stopped, greeting her with a hug even when Minjoo haven't said 'hi' to her. 

"Minmin aunt!!!" Jiwon chirps as she flew to Minjoo's embrace, Chaewon grimaced feeling embarrassed also felt sorry for Minjoo. 

Minjoo welcomed the little girl with a hug, while giving a signal that she's okay to Chaewon. So the young mother doesn't have to feel sorry. Then Jiwon naturally wrap her arms around Minjoo's neck, asking the woman to carry her. Minjoo said a small "Wait a minute," before she slinged her bag over her body then carried Jiwon with her. 

"Oh my god, Kim Jiwon." Chaewon had to slap herself seeing Jiwon already comfortable in Minjoo's arm, her nice and kind neighbor even carried her daughter. 

"I'm sorry, Minjoo-ssi." That's the only thing Chaewon managed to say, before the three of them walk to the elevator to reach their apartment. 

Chaewon with four big plastic bags in her hands then Jiwon who excitedly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter