Chap 2

Should Have Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What? Are you crazy?!" Karina who is being interrogated exclaimed.

 

Thirty minutes have passed and they're still negotiating god-knows what. Winter, who decided to go all out for the love of her life, told the former her plans. If she didn't know any better, this seems like a blackmail stunt and she's aware she'd hate herself for this but she's desperate. She just wants to know if she has a chance and besides, she only has less than two years to make up for the lost time. Winter promised herself to do everything and show her appreciation for Yeji.

 

"F-for your friend, yes." Winter hesitated to answer but with a coy smile on her face.

 

"And what makes you think I'm gonna betray my friend like that?" Jimin folded her arms infront of her chest, acting like a protective friend for Yeji.

 

"Uhmm the fact the I have this video of you going in this building?" Minjeong teased the said girl.

"And besides, this ain't really a betrayal. I just want your help. You're one of her bestfriends and I assume, you know everything about her. Just a little heads up for me, you know." she added looking like a desperate puppy asking for food from a stranger.

 

Karina eyed the short-haired gal. She thought she really looks desperate that it's actually cute. No stop that thought Karina. She's blackmailing you. If this ain't all about her friend they're talking about, she might actually consider just for the video to be deleted. But it's her bestfriend since childhood. There's no way she's gonna risk Yeji's private life for this girl who has a silly crush on her.

 

"No. I'm not going to do that. If you want her to like you, present yourself. Just be yourself. If she doesn't like you back, then just accept it." Karina was just about to leave when ....

 

"Then I have no choice but to spread this video on social media." Winter all eyes on her phone typing and clicking something, said.

 

"Yah!" Karina leaped on the said girl trying to snatch the phone. They've been going round and round the rooftop with Minjeong trying to escape from the aggresive Jimin who just wants to take the phone from the owner.

 

They reached the corner of the four-cornered place, both panting from the catfight.

 

"W-wait .... I ... let me ... go .... I'm gonna fall!" Winter uttered out of breath from the chasing. 

 

Karina who is also panting stopped for a while, looking furiously at the her target. God. She's starting to hate this girl. She's ruining everything she sets for her comfort, she thought to herself. 

 

But a sudden action surprised her.

 

Winter got down on her knees and held Karina's left hand and pleads; looking like a person proposing to her love.

 

"Please Karina. Just for this semester. I was just grabbing this opportunity of being close to her because of our group research. If it still doesn't work by the end of the sem, I'll definitely stop. I'll also stop pestering you. I'll delete the video. Please ...."

 

Karina knitted her brows at the sight infront of her. She noticed that the girl's almost teary-eyed and she can see that the latter is sincere with her feelings. She didn't know what came onto her but she felt a tug in her heart.

 

Jesus Christ Karina why do you have to be a softie, you should always appear to be cold, she thought to herself. Still possessing the cold aura, she utters the words she didn't know would've existed.

 

"Okay okay can you just stand up? You're making me feel like I'm the most evil person here." Karina agreed still not looking at the girl.

 

"Omygod really?! You're gonna help me? Omo thank you!" Winter unconsciously lunged at the annoyed girl and hugged her like she just saves her life from danger. 

 

"Y-yah .... get away from me." Jimin pushed her but not dismissing the fact that she's lowkey blushing inside at the sudden skinship. 

 

"I'm sorry hehe. I was just surprised you agreed. I swear I'm gonna make the most out of it!". Winter raised her right hand as if she's having an oath-taking.

 

"You better. This is Yeji we're talking about, my bestfriend. And also, about the video; Delete it a month before the semester ends. Whether there's a progress or not." Karina monotonously commands.

 

"Yes Ma'am!" The satisfied girl made a salute gesture showcasing her charming beam.

 

Karina looked away and was ready to leave the place. 

 

"Thank you Karina. I appreciate this. I'll treasure this." Winter said genuinely with a sincere smile on her face.

 

"Yeah." Jimin said with her back facing Winter as she leaves the rooftop.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The sun shone brightly as Winter opens her eyes displaying a smile. Another beautiful day for the girl as she remembers what transpired yesterday. She still couldn't believe, Karina; the Karina Yoo of campus, most especially the love of her life's bestfriend, is helping her! 

Of all people that she thought of helping her, it's Karina that she expects the least. As far as she can remember, they haven't talked to each other since first year. They've been classmates for almost three years but they seem to be strangers.

 

Except maybe if there's a group activity before that they were groupmates, but that was just a casual asking of duties and stuff. Other than that, they were nothing to each other. Maybe because Minjeong sees Karina as the most introverted in the trio. 

 

As per her observation, Giselle is the most outgoing one. She's socially confident that one won't be surprised that she's friends with all of the students. Though they don't talk that much, Giselle was probably the person in the trio that she has talked to the most. 

 

Yeji on the other hand, is the sweetest and kindest out of the three. Probably it's  one of the reason why Winter had an infatuation to the girl. She might not be as friendly as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter