Chap 1

Should Have Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“She’s gonna melt if you keep staring.” Ningning laughs at her bestfriend’s ridiculousness. 

“I-I’m not staring.” Minjeong immediately looks away at the target of her stare.

“Yeah right. I was talking and got no answer from my bestfriend. Then I found she’s been staring at Yeji for god knows how many hours.” The sulking friend added whilst eating her sandwich.

“Just eat Yizhou.” The person in question said, deadpan.

“How many years has it been huh? You’ve been crushing at that girl since freshman. We’re in our junior year now. Why don’t you just confess already?” Ningning with mouth full, suggested.

“You know what? Just finish your sandwich already. We’re gonna be late on our next class.” Winter left the table and proceed to their classroom. 

“What’s wrong with that girl? Is she on her period?” The girl being munching her food just giggles at her friend’s moody self.


 

Minjeong, also called as Winter, left her bestfriend at the canteen because it annoys her that she’s been spouting nonsense as early as now. No. Actually, it’s bothering her because she knows deep inside that they are all true; That she’s been crushing on her classmate, Yeji, for almost 3 years now. Honestly, she ain’t even sure if it’s still a thing called crush because for Pete’s sake, three years! Freshman and sophomore year had passed and she hasn’t moved on yet. 

Thoughts are clouding her mind while walking towards the classroom when she didn’t realize the post in front of her. The girl bumped into it and dropped her belongings, scratching the affected area of her head. “Ouch! Aish the bad luck that I am today …” She picked up the scattered things which includes her books and writing accessories case.

Stacking her books and collecting her pens, a group of students get passed by her, as the bell might ring any second. ‘No one even dared to help pfft’ the student thinks to herself. As she was busy finding her other pen, someone reached for one and handed it to her. Winter wasn’t able to see who it was and she just mumbled a silent and fast thanks because of her building annoyance for today. 

“Okay class good morning. For today, I’ll just discuss your term paper mechanics. This will be in groupings and don’t worry, I decided on it randomly so if you’re troubled that you won’t have any group, I got you.” Ms. Bae, our homeroom moderator, winks. “So basically, you’ll just have to choose a topic or concept that your group will be doing research for. Then defend it on the panel as the final output. Okay let’s start.” 

Winter’s just absentmindedly looking outside the window when, “First group members are Kim Minjeong, Uchinaga Aeri, Ning Yi Zhou, Yoo Jimin and …... Hwang Yeji”.

Minjeong immediately perks her head up when she heard that name. She’s in a group with her long-time crush! Wait a minute, that’s for the whole term. Which means, they will be meeting almost everyday before the term ends for the project? Minjeong wake the up!

“Hey are you alright? You’ve been spacing out for almost 5 minutes there.” Ning said while cackling inside.

She knows her bestfriend was shocked because of the announcement.

“H-huh? Of course. Stop laughing.” the girl being teased said as if nothing happened.

“Sure girl. Aren’t you happy that we’re in the same group? And …..”

“Shut up ugly.” Minjeong countered.

“Yah! Who are you to call me --”

Krrringgg! 


 

The duo made their lunch at a cafe near their school. It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter