Panic

What do I want?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole world had stopped around her. The message was short but it was clear what it meant. It tried to say that something had happened during the nights she was out with Yanan. But the thing was Yuqi was sure they had done nothing more than hanging by the water and in their homes talking about everything, nothing else had happened except one night she couldn't recall. It was something she had avoided thinking about for more than a year. She couldn't recall anything about that night and the worst part is that she couldn't remember they ever talked about drinking something. It had been so frightening that she eventually shut it out. Yanan had sworn she just passed out and he took her immediately home. Nothing else had happened and like a fool, she had believed him. She still did there had been no reason for him to lie but at the same time, she felt a dot of doubt. After all, he had left which made Yuqi question everything she knew about him. But the message made no sense because no one except her and Yanan would know about that night and that nonsense about the other nights. That was a pure lie she knew whats she did during the nights, okay well a few nights were a little hazy. It had to be some kind of spam message that went around, that was the only logical explanation.

"Hey, why are you standing here. Come on now" Suddenly the whole world was in motion again, a black-haired girl with a sweet welcoming smile looked at her " Are you ready for lunch" 

"Yes I am, Shuhua is there some kind of spam going around here," Yuqi thought it wouldn't hurt to ask

"Yes, there is, plenty is going around all the time. Don't tell me You've already gotten one. They can be quite scary but just ignore them" Yuqi let out the breath she was holding, some sense of relief flooded through her body. Still, she couldn't help but nervously look around, it felt like somebody was watching her and she had a bad feeling about that message. Something about it felt a little familiar and he didn't like that at all.

The rest of the day went by fast. There were no more messages, and no sign of vacation boy, A few stares were still present but many choose to introduce themselves instead and try to talk to her. Frankly, it was exhausting and she didn't expect that they would be so friendly. Right now she just wanted to walk into her poorly decorated room and sleep. She was dead tired from this day. Being friendly and socialize was tiring and she wished it would be easier tomorrow. But she still had a few introductions left to do in classes. She really didn't want to. Her house was in sight, soon she could curl up into her duvet and sleep. what she didn't expect was that a ball would hit her head before she could step into her own yard, She was just about to curse the person who had thrown the ball when she saw a cute boy walking towards her. The curses stuck in .

"I'm sorry about that. It wasn't supposed to fly. I hope you aren't hurt. Once again I'm terribly sorry" HIs chocolate brown hair was parted in the middle making him look extremely attractive. NOt the same kind of attractive as her vacation boy but a different charm. He looked to be a little older than Yuqi but not that much and the was something familiar about the way he spoke and looked but she couldn't put her finger on it. Her word stuck in thanks to his sincere smile. How could she be mad when he looked so sorry.

"I'm fine" She finally managed to spit out, it sounded like she had swallowed a crow. In her opinion, she sounded extremely rude and he would just leave. Contrary to her belief he smiled a genuine smile instead. It wasn't a teasing or sneaky smile. It was a genuine happy nice kind of smile. No hidden agenda.

"I'm Kun by the way. You are the new girl right. I think I saw you in school earlier" Then it suddenly hit her, she saw him in the morning with vacation boy. That is why he was familiar. She should stay away from him if she doesn't wanna run into the cause of her heart beating way too fast. But she didn't wanna be rude, he seemed like a really nice guy.

"Yeah, I am the new girl. My name is Yuqi".

"I guess we are neighbors then. my house is over there" he pointed to a house on the other side of the street" I hope you like it here so far. I know the first day can be quite overwhelming. Btw a tip from a long-time resident the bus from here to school should be avoided at all costs, it's way too crowded and noisy especially when you are new. So I recommend taking your car to the school has plenty of space in the parking lot,"

"Thank you for the tip. I will remember it but my parents are mostly giving me a ride" She gave him a friendly smile. Yuqi couldn't shake the feeling that he was genuinely this nice to everyone. It was such a contrast from her old place and the impression she had when they arrived yesterday.

"That's good. If your parents can't give you a ride don't hesitate to ask. There is plenty of space in my car, so you can just hitch a ride. Well, I gotta go now, if there is anything you need or if you have a question you know where to find me " He pointed towards his house with a kind smile" It was nice meeting you Yuqi, I think we will meet again " Then he slowly jogged back to his own house. He turned around and gave her a wave before he disappeared into his own yard again. Yuqi had a hard time believing someone was that nice, it didn't feel like he had any ulterior motives at all. It was just a shame that she couldn't take his offer for a ride. If she did, there was a high chance she would run into vacation boy, which she wanted to avoid forever.

That night she slept like the dead. No haunting dreams, no worries just peaceful sleep. She needed it. Unlucky for her it also meant that she overslept by a few minutes. Messy hair, tired eyes, and pajamas weren't the way to go to school. But she didn't really have time to get dressed like she did yesterday. She could do nothing else than quickly put on a pair of jeans and an old t-shirt. It was plain. In the middle of brushing her teeth and her hair her mother suddenly called her from the lower floor.

"Honey we'll leave now. You know where the bus stop is right? You remember that the bus should leave in 20 minutes, we went through all that yesterday." Yuqi groaned in her stress she had totally forgotten her parents wouldn't drop her off today. She mumbled some kind of yes with full of toothpaste and thought she really has bad luck. It was kind of ironic immediately after someone advised her not to take the bus she had to ride the bus. Well, hopefully, the day won't be worse. She had a feeling it would be a good day. No spam messages, no surprises just trying to adjust to the new environment. She rushed out the door towards the bus stop. Her stomach growled, it had been a morning without breakfast. The pavement was hot from the morning sun, which also blinded her a little. Time was running out but the bus's top still wasn't in sight. This morning . Cars kept passing by and Yuqi silently cursed her parents for not giving her a ride, it couldn't take that much longer to drop her off. Some honked at the passing cars. One sudden honked next to her which made her jump. The car slowed down and almost stopped next to her. The window was down and a familiar face was there.

"Sorry did I scare you?" Kun was looking at her with an apologetic smile.

"It's fine"

"Need a ride, it looks like your heading towards the bus, and based on the time you will probably miss it," Yuqi thought for a sec, he wasn't wrong and she had no real reason to decline him. The chance to run into someone else wasn't that high right. It was not like his friends would stand around his car and wait to ambush him as soon as he arrived. That wasn't a big possibility.

"Sure I could use a ride"

"Then get in, and I'll drop you at school" Yuqi stepped into the car a little awkward. It was the first time she rode with a guy and to top it off he was technically a stranger. She didn't notice there was a pair of eyes watching her with a glare. During the ride, they kept small talk, like where she was from, pets, and some childhood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter