Hello, new life

What do I want?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And so two weeks later Yuqi stood with five moving trucks in a new town far away from her old. When they said moving she didn't expect it was half the country away, her parents sounded like it was just a town away. Sulking and sleep-deprived she watched her stuff get carried inside. Her days were haunted by Yanans disappearance while her nights were tortured by the boy she left behind. She even wondered if she was crueler than Yanan, at least he had left a message while she had just left. Yuqi tried to justify it with that they weren't really close. Still, she felt a little bad and truth to be told she missed his funny antics and that boyish grin just as much as she missed Yanan and their late-night talks. But what could she do about it now, all that could be done was to accept her situation. This time she was completely alone in a new life. It annoyed her a little that she couldn't continue to look for clues about Yanans disappearance, something about that letter didn't make sense. But now she can only think about it or let it go. None of these options sounded very appealing. She looked around at the well-kept lawns and the perfects gardens. Everything was so well kept and in place, not a single weed was visible, the houses were newly painted, the cars freshly washed. It all felt so made up, it felt forced. Yuqi wondered how she would ever fit in, she already felt out of place in her skinny jeans and tank tops. It felt like she should walk around in a knee-length tight skirt that hugged her body at the just-right places, a nice pink blouse, and to top it all off some fancy hat. And this area was supposed the be for the middle class, the rich area was beyond that so-called wall. She could see that's o called wall from her street. It was like a big enclosure for the rich people and Yuqi was really curious about how that area looked because it was big like really big and the only way to get in was either to be the rich person or to visit the rich person. Yuqi was neither. Perhaps she would meet someone at school who could let her in, after all, she had not seen a single person on this street her age so maybe they lived in the rich area. A girl could hope.

"Honey come on in, we need to eat and go through the papers for your school start tomorrow" Yuqi wished she could just turn into some kind of machine that transported her back to her old school she didn't want to start over in a new school even if it meant visiting the rich area. But she had no choice so she tiredly walked into her new house and listened to her mother's lecture about the new school. First, she would get a short tour and a person arranged for her, then her first lesson would be the second period and she needed to check-in at the reception to get her schedule and her tour guide. It all felt like a big pain to Yuqi, who just quietly wanted to walk into a classroom and find someone nice to talk to. She silently wondered why it couldn't be so easy, why did she need to go through the trouble of having a tour everybody would stare and she would be labeled the new girl immediately. And if it was one thing she hated then it was attention especially unwanted attention. That was mainly the reason why her closest and possibly only friend was Yanan. She felt tired and tomorrow would be seen more tiring so she bid her parents goodnight and retreated to her new room which wasn't even half decorated. It felt horrible and not like home, it wasn't cozy or warm or familiar. It was cold and unfamiliar but she had no choice but to make do with it.

Unfortunately for Yuqi, she didn't sleep a wink that night. She felt like a walking zombie with panda eyes when she walked into her kitchen for breakfast. she barely had time to eat before her mother rushed her to get dressed so they could leave. Apparently, her timer was set wrong so she had actually overslept. This day couldn't start better. She felt that her first impression would be horrible, her nickname would probably be the new panda instead of the new girl. Before she went to she picked out her clothes. Her perfect black shorts made her legs look long combined with a pastel green t-shirt that wasn't too tight but it still flattered her curves. She also picked out her favorite high-heeled black booths but not even this outfit could save her dead tired face. Weirdly her mother hadn't commented on that, both her parents usually commented if she looked tired. Just last week when they were going shopping her mother had said put on some foundation to cover those dark circles, but she hadn't said a word so far. Unfortunately, she hadn't any time to fix her hair so it had to hang loose in big wavy curls from her night braids. She felt like a wreck walking into that new school if only she had gotten some sleep.

Yuqi felt extremely lost the moment she stepped onto school ground. People were running around everywhere, it was so lively. Somehow she had imagined a quiet place with a resemblance to her block but it was the opposite. People were hustling and shuffling around everywhere. There wasn't a single space that wasn't active. Quietly Yuqi tried to make her way to the expedition without getting noticed. It wasn't that hard if she just found the right way, she notices people were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter