one.

Moonlight Melody
Please log in to read the full chapter

A young woman relaxed upon a sturdy swing attached to a large branch of a grand oak tree while staring off into the distance with the feel of the summer-like cool air settling around her. The sound of the sea's waves slowly flowing back and forth underneath a twinkling twilight starry sky despite a glowing moon accompanying alongside the peaceful view. Soon enough a summery-like melodious sound flow around which lulled her into deep thoughts. So lost in her thoughts and the tranquility of the scenery around her she fell asleep where she sat.

The young woman along with another just a few years younger awoke to unfamiliar surrounding. They were not in their home and their memories fuzzy and hazy. It felt like they were in some gray and airy space, but they weren't sure of it.

"Where are we, Jessica?" The youngest of the two asked while looking around them.

"This doesn't look like the resort we were supposed to stay at."

The youngest faced her older sister.

"Are we dead, sis?"

Jessica gazed about her with a shake of her head equally confused.

"I don't know, Krystal. I can't really remember anything. It's all so fuzzy."

"I can't remember anything either. I just remember only you and my chest aches badly for some reason."

Krystal looked at her older sister with confusion before gazing at the now changed scenery of a green meadow below her and the bright yellow-blue sky filled with wispy clouds above her. Everything seemed endless and it was just the two of them in this too quiet of a place. The pair also noticed their outfits of a plain silver knee-length long sleeve gown. Nothing made sense. Jessica noticed the fear settling in her sister's face and tried to reassured Krystal.

"Don't worry, Krys. Everything will be just fine."

"I don't feel fine, Jess. I can't help but worry." Krystal admitted as tears began to form.

Something tugged in Jessica's chest and she didn't know how to comfort her sister without her own worries creeping upon her. She realized that fear had slowly crept upon her, too. Still she tried to keep on a brave facade to ease her own sister's fear of whatever was happening just now. Soon enough the sisters heard several sounds going on at once along with the weather changing. A strong breeze began to blow around them and the sky suddenly grew darker than before with a full moon shining down upon them. The sounds of bells began ringing, sirens wailing off in the distance, and the pair had no idea what was going on.

"Don't worry, little sis. It'll all just be fine," Jessica reassured her sister despite sudden tears slowly cascading down her cheeks, "Okay?"

"Okay, Jess," Krystal responded as tears also cascaded down her cheeks, "It'll all be fine."

Jessica smiled weakly having suddenly felt an impending moment was about to creep upon her. Just as she had reached out to hold her sister's hand the winds grew stronger.

"Krystal!" Jessica exclaimed in panicked as she clutched her sister's hand tightly.

Just as Krystal was about to do the same thing a swirling dark hole in the sky suddenly opened up and Jessica into it leaving Krystal to desperately cry out for her older sister knowing that she'll never get an answer back.

"Jessica! Jess! Jessica?!"

Please log in to read the full chapter