Chapter 3

Chacenzo

They were in cemetery in the countryside of Seoul. Photo of the woman smiling warmly next to her son who was hugging her was vivid in their memory like yesterday. Vincenzo crouched down on one knee to put the flowers in front of the gravestone. He wiped the picture of hers. Timid mother in his memories was still warm just like the look of her hearty gaze in the photo. 

 

In the back, Chayoung was standing still, her head hanging low in the recall of the woman who fought until the end. The woman who was like a mother figure to her after her real mother's death. Even if it wasn't for a long time, Chayoung really loved her dearly. Maybe that was what paved the road to light in her heart after she got separated from her parents. 

 

 She could imagine what the man in front of her was thinking. He looked quiet and calm outside but Chayoung knew he still was crying sometimes, because he lost her in cruel way and to cruel people. Among her endless sad emotions, she heard Vincenzo sighing and getting up back to his feet. He turned to her not saying anything. They made eye contact and as always understood each other through meaningful gazes. 

 

"Should we go?" he asked.

 

"Mmm. Let's go."

 

The couple was on their way to Seoul, Vincenzo driving Chayoung's car. Silence was in the air for the half of the road. They also visited Chayoung's parents back at the cemetery. Vincenzo saw the riverside they once were sitting by after he buried his mom. Suddenly, he pulled the car the road side stopping their journey. 

 

"What happened?" Chayoung asked him, curious of his actions.

 

Vincenzo only nodded his head to the side, pointing to the location. Chayoung smiled upon recognizing the place and put her seatbelt off to get out. Finding the exact same spot, Chayoung smiled bitterly reminiscing the time when she first saw Vincenzo crying. This place hold both sad and opening up moments for them. 

 

When she turned around, she saw Vincenzo trailing behind her with a blanket in his hands. He put the blanket on the rocks so they didn't get dirty from seating on them.

 

"What are you thinking about?" Chayoung asked after a few minutes of them sitting next to each other looking at flowing river.

 

"Nothing much..." Vincenzo placed his hands further in the back so he could lean his body back a little.

 

"I know you have something to say," Chayoung was resolute. Vincenzo gave up after a few seconds of holding back.

 

"I recently got some information about my... biological father."

 

Chayoung turned her head to his side so quickly that Vincenzo was scared she would crack and hurt her neck.

 

"Biological father? How?" the woman's eyes were like big round plates or rather planets.

 

"When I was in Malta airport I bumped to the man. After I got home to the island I noticed there was something in my bag. It was a letter from anonymous that had coordinates. Turned out it was in Korea. Yeonju, to be exact. In the back of the letter there was a little old photo of a man holding a baby. I figured it would be me when I was a two years old."

 

"Yeonju... is the birthplace of your mother. So, your father might be there?" Chayoung remembered due to her dealing his mother's case. She had all the information.

 

Vincenzo nodded, "but it doesn't make sense. My biological father passed away when I was about five years old." 

 

"Are you sure that it is true? The location."

 

"I have to find that out."

 

"I also want to go with you!"

 

"But you said you have work today."

 

"You're going today? Seems like you came for solely this reason, and not only for my birthday." The reveal made her pesky.

 

"Why? Did that upset you that I want to find my father?" Vincenzo grinned at her.

 

"No. I am glad that you came to that decision." Chayoung knew that she couldn't say anything against his idea. "But you could just say that I am also part of this important reason to comeback to Korea..." she pouted locking her arms under her bent knees.

 

The man beside sat bewitched and mesmerized by her cuteness, biting his lower lip to not let it slip to a smile.

 

"I have been trying to find the ways to come back to Korea without me getting caught for a year." Vincenzo smirked leaning his head to the side and glancing at the girl next to him, who still hid her face. 

 

"Yeah, we know that." Chayoung huffed a sigh, frustratingly looking away. Why he just won't admit it.

 

 "And for your information," Vincenzo didn't stop his grinning, "I found the solution and bought the tickets to Seoul before I got the anonymous letter from the unknown." 

 

That already caught her attention. Chayoung inquiringly turned back to him.

 

"So... it was firstly for you." 

 

And how could she not melt when he was looking too adorable in her eyes with his little smile.

 

"Fine. You are forgiven," but she just have to keep her record going strong and not give in so easily.

 

"Am I really?" Vincenzo again.

 

"Yes." This time he made her smile.

 

After they came back to Seoul, Vincenzo proposed to go to Geumga Plaza to meet people that became his second family. 

 

"Consigliere!" Mr. Ahn hugged him so hard when he saw him first after long time. "Where were you? I was so devastated when I couldn't find you."

 

"Actually, he is a boss now," Chayoung managed to correct him during the desperate man's speech. Vincenzo threw an annoying look at her.

 

"Really? You never fail to amaze me, mafia boss."

 

"I think you want to choke me to death, Mr. Ahn." Vincenzo tried to escape from the man's tightened grip.

 

"I really missed you, Vincenzo Cassano!" 

 

"Is it only you who missed him?" Finally, he saw the whole "Cassano Geumga" crew in the long corridor. Vincenzo smiled softly seeing the familiar faces. Everyone started greeting him, telling that they missed him a lot.

 

Mr. Lee approached him, holding his daughter in his arms. "Look, Dallee, your godfather came! Boss, do you want to hold her?"

 

Vincenzo didn't know how to react to that. He never took kids to his arms. He never knew how to hold them or how to behave himself with babies. The only time a child ever looked at him in the eyes was in the night he will never forget. The past that followed him through his nightmares. 

 

"Oh? Ah... how can I hold her right?" Vincenzo was put to a tough situation with holding a baby. But Mr. Lee showed and instructed him everything.

 

Standing at the backside, Chayoung observed the man being clumsy and awkward but also careful with a baby in his arms. What an amusing sight to see.

 

After big and eventful greetings and meetings, Geumga Plaza Famliy decided to make a big dinner at Toto's restaurant in honor of Vincenzo. Before that, Chayoung went back to work, and Vincenzo tried to find more information of his father's case, though everything concerning it felt and seemed suspicious.

 

"Mr. Ahn, can I ask for your help?" 

 

"Of course, boss."

 

"You can stop calling me that."

 

"Anything you say, Vincenzo Cassano, boss!" Mr. Ahn was not joking with his excitement overflowing the frames of the whole Geumga building. "How can I help you?"

 

"I need to check the case which was done about 30 years ago." Vincenzo handed him the USB file. 

 

"I will look through them, right away."

 

"Thank you."

 

"And then, they all started thinking twice before coming here." The laughing continued at the dinner in the comfortable atmosphere of people who have been through a lot together. 

 

Chayoung was holding Dallee in the corner of the table, being happy for the reunion. Vincenzo sat beside her, sometimes glancing over at her. Since the baby was still awake, Chayoung started making funny faces to make her smile. And it was successful. The little baby girl was laughing every time she saw Chayoung being silly.

 

Vincenzo noticed the interaction between them and commented, "you're good at looking after little children."

 

"Me?" Chayoung lifted her eyebrows. "Well, I think I am. Right, Dallee? You think your godmother is good at taking care of you?" she talked to the baby pouting her lips a little.

 

'You will be a good mother' 

 

Vincenzo didn't know why he thought of that suddenly, but didn't deny of Chayoung's ability to make everyone comfortable with her.

 

"Vincenzo, you came today?"

 

"No. I came yesterday, actually."

 

"Why didn't you come here yesterday then?"

 

"Stop! Yesterday was lawyer Hong's birthday."

 

"Oh, right. Did you take Ms. Hong out to a nice birthday dinner?"

 

Chayoung smiled, hearing that. Vincenzo, who was reserved the whole evening, had his ears turning red put of shyness.

 

"Yes, I did."

 

"Where did you guys go?"

 

"Ah..." 

 

 "Vincenzo made a surprise visit and planned a great event for celebrating my birthday."

 

"What did he do?"

 

"We took a hot air balloon trip above Seoul and countryside." Chayoung answered while giving Dallee back to her mother.

 

"That is so romantic," Mi ri said sighing lovely and staring at the couple.

 

"Yeah, Mr. Cassano definitely knows how to be romantic," Chayoung smoothly glanced to him while the conversation went on.

 

Vincenzo smirked, trying to hold onto the eye contact, but the woman swiftly and gracefully averted from his gaze smiling contently to herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rome, Italy

 

"Paulo, sei sicuro di questo?" (Paulo, are you sure about it?) Andrea asked the man, who was sitting at the table and smoking the cigarette.

 

"Senza alcun dubbio." (Without any doubt) The vengeance was seen in Paulo's eyes. 

 

"Voi lo conoscete, finirà male." (You know him, it will end badly) Andrea hoped his boss will change his mind.

 

"Farò pagare a Vincenzo tutto quello che mi ha fatto..." (I'll make Vincenzo pay for everything he did to me..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Dun dun dun!!!

 

What is happening? so sorry for the latest update ever. im so embarrased with myself. if you are still here for this story let me know what you think of it :3

 

leave the comments and upvote if you like of course 

 

love you all, stay safe <3