The one with the new room

Dangerously sweet, disgustingly adorable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s 4 p.m on Friday. At Twice’s 2nd club meeting, chairs and tables are stacked neatly to the back of the room, leaving a wide empty space in the middle, where nine heads are pushed together to discuss the work of a lifetime: decorating the club’s room. The principal has recently called up Jihyo to tell her now that Twice has grown big enough in members, they can have an official room of their own. The news is received with much enthusiasm, especially from the old members. 

“Last year, we have to switch rooms with the Magician club every two weeks.” Sana scrunches up her nose in obvious distaste and shares with the new kids. “Those guys are awfully messy. We once spent hours cleaning out pigeons’ poop.”

“What a nightmare.” Jihyo signed out loudly. “Nayeon here did not come to the club for weeks.”

“Hey, I was preparing for a play that time.” Nayeon protests at the other end of the circle. 

“Yeah right. It has nothing to do with your germophobic at all.” Momo sarcastically replies.

Nayeon decides not to deal with these unreasonable peasants any longer, so she turns to take refuge by Tzuyu’s side. The youngest is doodling on her paper sheet, her mind far away from the conversation. 

“So how should we go about this?” Jihyo clasps her hands together to gather attention.

“I come prepared.” Chaeyoung mused enthusiastically as she takes out a bunch of art supplies from her shoulder bags. The little artist is very particular about her taste so upon hearing the news of the room, she wants to be in charge of the decorations. Yesterday, she dragged Jeongyeon around the city to hunt down industrial-sized brushes and paints till dark. Dahyun and Momo whoop and start getting their hands on some of the brushes. Everybody’s eyes are now on Chaeyoung and she blushes a little bit.

“So we just need to decide on the main themes and colour, then proceed with our own decoration.”

“I want pink,” Momo yells first.

“No, don’t listen to her. Her room is vomited with pink stuffs. Let’s do purple.” Sana protests immediately, her eyes narrow. It's enough that Momo's room resembles the inside of a Barbie's house, she will not let their common space suffer the same face. Momo looks at Mina for rescue but Mina can only shrug (she secretly admits that Sana has a point). Momo is all alone now, but she will not let this battle go without a fight. 

“Pink.”

“Purple.”

They spat back and forth at each other until Chaeyoung has to step in the middle. She pinches her forehead and signs, this is way harder than she anticipates. Somebody famous has said: “where there is art, there is a struggle.” The little artist will not let this rocky start faze her. 

“How about magenta?” Chaeyoung suggests.

“Magenta? What is that?” The fighting girls look at Chaeyoung questioningly.

“Essentially half pink half purple.” She proceeds to take out a drop of red and blue paint and mixes them together. “Like this.”

Ooh and ahh starts filling in the room. Dahyun proudly claims that her friend is a bloody genius and shoves her shoulder. Chaeyoung laughed brightly. Everybody else seems to be okay with her idea, so they continue to discuss the next work. It is decided that Chaeyoung will draw the main decoration on the wall, Sana, Tzuyu and Dahyun will help her paint it. Jihyo, Mina and Momo will cut out strips of colour and stick them on the wall in shapes of Twice’s name and LGBT flag. (“They might know we are gay.” - “Let’s just say that we really like rainbows as a group, no one will know.”) So that leaves Nayeon and Jeongyeon the duty of getting food and refreshments at the nearby convenience store. 

They walk side by side across the halls. The school’s usual hectic atmosphere has quieted down as most students have left. Nayeon wants to say thanks for the other day, but she does not know where to start, so she turns to Jeongyeon silently. The sun is going down little by little, making Nayeon crinkle her eyes to see the short-haired girl properly. Now that Nayeon observes it in a closer view, Jeongyeon’s side profile is really pretty. Her eyes are sharp, her nose dainty. And those jawlines. Nayeon has a sudden urge to touch them, but immediately snaps out of it. “Get a grip, Im Nayeon,” she told herself. 

Jeongyeon notices Nayeon is lagging behind, so she stops and asks, “What’s up?” Nayeon shakes her head, taking fast steps to catch up with the girl. Jeongyeon frowns, concerns all over her face. “Do tell me if anything is wrong, will you?”

Nayeon says “yes” in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter