chapter 2: sweet home alabama

Keeping up with the Jangs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" So, what does it feel like living with the prettiest girls in school? " 

" Yuna. " 

" Yes? " 

" One more word from you, and I'll roundhouse kick you so hard you'll dislocate your soul from your body. " 

" Sheesssh! " 

Yujin hates school. She used to like it when she was still a kid because her teachers would give every student a sticker when they did something good. However, in high school, all you get is mediocre grades from your teacher, who probably hates your guts, and annoying classmates who keep sticking their nose in your business. 

Just like Shin Yuna. Yujin's friend and also her classmate. 

Yujin just wants to be left alone with her donut, but Yuna was being annoying and kept asking about her cousins she vaguely remembers. 

" But seriously, though. How come you never told me that you're related to the Jangs? " Yuna scooted closer to her friend and observed Yujin's side profile. " If it weren't for Minju bringing your bag to our classroom, then the whole school wouldn't have the idea. " 

Yujin could only sigh. Yuna talked about what happened yesterday when Minju went to their classroom with Yujin's bag because the younger girl forgot her stuff in their house. They had a major exam that day, and if it weren't for Minju, Yujin would have failed another class. Yujin wanted to thank her cousin, but their whole class watched the two of them like they were documented animals in Nat Geo Wild.

 " What's the big deal about it, anyway? " Yujin ran her fingers through her hair. " Everyone knows your Ryujin's cousin but did I annoy you about it?" 

Yuna internally panicked when Yujin started to lose her cool. Her friend has become short-fused nowadays. She raised her hands in defeat because Yujin looked like she was going to explode any minute now. Yuna patted Yujin's back to calm her down. " I'll stop bothering you. Just breathe " 

Yujin calmed down and felt bad for almost snapping Yuna in half. " I'm sorry. It's just that everyone is asking me about Minju and Wonyoung, and I can't tell them much because I genuinely don't know why they're living with me in the first place. " 

Yuna couldn't help but see Yujin like a big sad puppy. Yujin was indeed different from before, but some part of her still stayed the same. " I'm just glad that you're not alone in that big house of yours. " 

" I guess. " Yujin scratched her cheeks, feeling embarrassed when Yuna was uncharacteristically kind to her. She's not used to it because her friend had always been a ball of chaotic mess, and being annoying is her inherent trait as a person. She gets on everybody's nerves, something that Yuna and Ryujin had in common. 

" But it's not like we're close with each other. I only talk to them if it's important. " Yujin added

" But you're close with Minju, right? " Yuna asked. 

" I don't think so. " Yujin denied. " Minju just meddles too much in my life. She worries like a mom. Minus the skills because she's clumsy as hell."  

" That's kinda hot. " Yuna daydreamed. Yujin nudged her side a little bit too hard. 

" Stop being weird. " 

While Yujin and Yuna were talking, Jang Wonyoung has already approached their table. Yuna was the first one to notice Wonyoung, who was standing next to Yujin. The freshman had her trademark Cheshire cat smile that some people find condescending, but she's Jang Wonyoung, and she's also pretty, so they don't think much about it. 

" Oh my god, she's like a living doll. " Yuna whispered to herself. She would have fangirled and ask for Wonyoung's autograph, but her pride as a sophomore stopped her from doing that. Yuna tried to open to speak, but she cannot produce a word nor a sound. She was starstruck. Yujin must have saved the world in her past life to have a cousin like Jang Wonyoung. 

Unlike Yuna who's soul left her body, Yujin felt chills running down in her spine s she slowly turned her head to look at the person responsible for her friend's sudden incapability to speak. 

" Hi. " Wonyoung greeted Yujin. 

Yujin scrunched up her nose and did a double look at Wonyoung. " What are you doing here? " 

" Nothing. " Wonyoung shrugged her shoulders casually. Her eyes fixed on Yujin. " Can I join you? " 

" No. " Yujin quickly replied. " It's weird. " She hates the attention she gets whenever one of her cousins approaches her in school. As far as Yujin is concerned, her family is not a descendent of any royal blood. Hence, her confusion why the people in her school treats Minju and Wonyoung like they're the Queen of England. Heck, Yujin saw Minju once spit the water she was drinking! She's not as majestic like everyone believed.

Upon seeing her friend being mean to Wonyoung, Yuna slapped Yujin's arm for being rude. " " Don't be rude to your cousin, Yujin! Let her sit with us if she wants to. " She did it with so much force that Yujin's donut got knocked out from her hand.

Yujin clicked her tongue in annoyance. That donut was her sole lunch, and Yuna had to be a jerk and slap her. " One of these days, I'll get my revenge. " Yujin plotted inside her head. She finally gave in to both of them and tapped the space next to her so that Wonyoung could sit. Yujin's heart almost leaped out of her chest when Wonyoung settled down on her lap comfortably. 

With their proximity to each other, Yujin could smell Wonyoung's Chanel perfume. Wonyoung was l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter